Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day Six

Players only please!

001.jpg

It is late at night and Gordon Gorilla (Scubacarrot) is wandering through the Village Square. What's this? A free polaroid?

"What's this?" Gordon asks. "A free polaroid?"

002.jpg

"I love pictures of myself since I am the dominant sliverback of Winter Haven," Gordon explains to himself. "I think I'll take this chance to get a free polaroid of my virile, handsome mug."

003.jpg

"Let's see," Gordon says as he checks out the scene. "I sit here and I press this..."

004.jpg

005.jpg

A dark figure dances with joy and skips off into the night.

006.jpg

Next, Mayor Lazlo Lion (TinyPiesRUs) comes out for a moonlight stroll. It's hard to sleep without his schnooky-ookums to cuddle-wuddle with.

"Sigh," Lazlo sighs. "It's hard to sleep without my schnooky-ookums to cuddle-wuddle with."

007.jpg

It's not long until he's face to face with the axe killer!

008.jpg

"So, it's you!" Lazlo says as he raises his fists and invites the killer to fight. "You should've thought twice before messing with a Mighty Lion!! ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!"

009.jpg

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

010.jpg

Sadly, for the Mayor, the axe killer takes advantage of the fit of narcolepsy...

011.jpg

...and takes the Great Lion down.

012.jpg

And finally, Heidi Hippo (CallMePie) is doing her best to be a bodyguard for someone.

"It's a lot easier to protect you if you'd just stay at home!" she chastises her companion.

013.jpg

The dark companion wanders aimlessly towards the torches and pulls out a bag of a very fine powder.

014.jpg

"Oh shit," Heidi says. "You're blacked out but I'm visible. I wonder what's going to happen. :hmpf: You know, I could've commuted tonight... :hmpf_bad:"

015.jpg

Heidi grabs the bag from the person she's protecting.

"I definitely won't be letting you cause any harm to yourself!" she cries defiantly.

The bag comes away more easily than she expected and she ends up covered in the powder herself.

016.jpg

As Heidi sneezes, the person she is trying to protect is trying to light themselves on fire, with or without the powder.

017.jpg

"Stop!" Heidi yells as she grabs the torch from her companion...and inadvertently ignites the powder on herself.

018.jpg

Heidi ignites quickly, but being the street smart farmer she is, makes a dash for the fountain.

019.jpg

She is able to put the fire out...

"This is odd," she observes. "I always assumed I'd die of itchyrearenderitis."

020.jpg

...but it is too late. :cry_sad:

That creepy megablocking fox appears and wraps Heidi's soul up in a whirlwind of fire.

021.jpg

Felix Fox disappears in a flash of phantom flames and leaves behind an enigmatic vial of green liquid.

022.jpg

As is typical in this situation, a blacked out figure runs in, snatches the vial and flits off into the night as Heidi's friend continues to try to light itself on fire, to no avail. Heidi Hippo is someone's hero...

023.jpg

In the morning, the citizens of Winter Haven go from body to body, numbly taking in the carnage. It is hard to work up the energy to express their rage and disappointment that three more friends, including their brave and Lion-hearted Mayor, have perished in the night...at least they think they were friends.

024.jpg

Marcellus the Monk is there to clear up the confusion.

Carly Cow (Tama-guts-mono) was an innocent Villager.

025.jpg

Heidi Hippo (CallMePoolCue) was an innocent Villager.

026.jpg

Gordon Gorilla (Scumbaradish) was an innocent Villager.

027.jpg

Mayor Lazlo Lion (TP4#2) was an innocent Villager.

028.jpg

Maurice Mouse (Cecilie) was an innocent Villager.

029.jpg

The citizens of Winter Haven are speechless.

"I wonder how many Cultists are left." Someone mutters.

"Look, more weeds." Firuz observes.

Day Six has begun. You may not vote during the first 24 hours. Please note the day's roleplay rule.

Objective:

The Cultists win when they have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties and the Villagers win when all of the Cultists are dead.

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Villagers or the Cultists. To win the game, the Villagers must kill off all of the Cultists, while the Cultists must outnumber the Villagers. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player). Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, barring any interference.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. You may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
  7. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will result in a multiple game suspension.
  9. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  10. You may not edit your posts.
  11. You must post in every day thread.
  12. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host or co-host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me if you can.
  13. You must make your animal noise in every post. If your animal doesn't commonly make a well known sound, do something. Be creative. The point is to have fun. :wink: (You have the first 24 hours to practice. Penalties will not be incurred on posts before voting starts) These roleplay violations will incur one vote per penalty. [/i]
  14. Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty of one vote per every four living players (1/4 of the active players list) on the first violation and death of your character on the second.

Some additional guidelines, although they are not rules that will incur penalties if you don't follow them:

• Metagaming is allowed. Go ahead. You all know how to identify it and how to ignore completely irrelevant information.
  • The pictures may or may not contain clues. They most likely do not, but look all you want. Wildly speculate. It's fun.
  • Using acronyms, especially tl;dr will cause major trouble for your character, perhaps even instant death.
  • Roleplaying is a good thing and it is encouraged in this game and will be required at some point. So get to know your personality quirks, they've been created for a reason.

You have all been sent a role PM in this format:

Format:

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing ___, Winter Haven’s ___. (a little back story) (a personality quirk)

Alignment: You are aligned with the Villagers/Cultists.

Role: You are the ___ which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of ___. Each night you target one player and ___.

Or

You have no specific Nocturnal Ability. Your power is in your vote and your brain, so use both wisely.

Win condition: You win when you have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties Or You win when all of the Cultists are dead.

Best of luck and have fun! :sweet:

Any Third Parties may have slightly different role PMs.

Non-Playable Characters

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

Marcellus the Monk,

played by Hinckley

00_npc_firuz.jpg

Firuz Fox, the Alchemist,

played by Fugazi

Active Players (9)

booker.jpg

Booker Bear, Garbage Man, married to Becka Bulldog,

played by Dragonator

cameron.jpg

Cameron Crocodile, Carpenter, married to Gilda Goat,

played by Rufus

edgar.jpg

Edgar Elephant, Fisherman, married to Portia Poodle,

played by WhiteFang

gilda.jpg

Gilda Goat, Doctor, married to Cameron Crocodile, sister of Gibson Goat,

played by Quarryman

horace.jpg

Horace Horse, Blacksmith,

played by iamded

mindy.jpg

Mindy Mouse, Accountant, married to Pancho Parrot,

played by Professor Flitwick

pancho.jpg

Pancho Parrot, Postman, married to Mindy Mouse,

played by Zepher

seamus.jpg

Seamus Sheepdog, Taxidermist, married to Shawna Sheep,

played by Dannylonglegs

shawna.jpg

Shawna Sheep, Lawman, married to Seamus Sheepdog,

played by Shadows

The Deceased (17)

petey_dead.jpg

Petey Panda, Fisherman,

played by darkdragon, lynched on Day One - Villager

bristol_dead.jpg

Bristol Bunny, Seamstress,

played by Bob, murdered with an axe on Night One - Villager

wallace_dead.jpg

Wallace Walrus, Lawman,

played by Masked Builder, murdered by a bear trap on Night One - Cultist

carly_dead.jpg

Carly Cow, Ice Cream Shoppe Owner,

played by Tamamono, lynched on Day Two - Villager

baxter_dead.jpg

Baxter Bulldog, Mechanic,

played by Waterbrick Down, murdered by anvil on Night Two - Villager

ralphy_dead.jpg

Ralphy Rabbit, Farmer, married to Ernie Elephant,

played by badboytje88, lynched on Day Three - Villager

becka_dead.jpg

Becka Bulldog, Beautician, married to Booker Bear,

played by Rick, murdered by xylophone on Night Three - Villager

gibson_dead.jpg

Gibson Goat, Bartender, brother of Gilda Goat,

played by Pandora, murdered with an axe on Night Three - Villager

portia_dead.jpg

Portia Poodle, Grocer, married to Edgar Elephant,

played by CorneliusMurdock, murdered with an axe on Night Three - Villager

ernie_dead.jpg

Ernie Elephant, Dock Worker, married to Ralphy Rabbit,

played by JimButcher, died of self-immolation on Night Three - Villager

casey_dead.jpg

Casey Cat, Painter, married to Maurice Mouse,

played by Scouty, lynched on Day Four - Cultist

brigit_dead.jpg

Brigit Bunny, Florist, First Lady of Winter Haven, married to Lazlo Lion,

played by Sandy, murdered by immolation on Night Four - Villager

pennie_dead.jpg

Pennie Pig, Schoolteacher,

played by Eskallon, murdered by an old woman on Night Four - Villager

maurice_dead.jpg

Maurice Mouse, Dock Worker, married to Casey Cat,

played by Cecilie, lynched on Day Five - Villager

gordon_dead.jpg

Gordon Gorilla, Lawman,

played by Scubacarrot, murdered by shotgun polaroid on Night Five - Villager

lazlo_dead.jpg

Lazlo Lion, Mayor of Winter Haven, married to Brigit Bunny,

played by TinyPiesRUs, murdered with an axe on Night Five - Villager

heidi_dead.jpg

Heidi Hippo, Farmer,

played by CallMePie, murdered by immolation while trying to protect someone on Night Five - Villager

2 words... oh megabluck. :cry_sad:

We were wrong about Maurice... we were wrong about Carly and have been assuming the opposite for days... all losses... *huh*

At least I think we know what direction we're going in today, right? It seems fairly obvious, but the previous ones have too.

God, this is very baaaaaa-d. Yes, I made my animal noise. You should too, we don't need any penalties on top of all of this. :sadnew:

BAWK!

Alright... well, we may appear very close to screwed. But in all honesty, we're not. Assuming that there are four cultists left (I'm assuming that there were 5 to begin with and 1 person was converted, but that's just guess-work), we have about a 50-50 chance of voting one off today. And bear in mind, we really need to. Because there are nine of us, and one of us is a SK. That means there are four and four... again, assuming the numbers I have in my head are correct.

I'll start with an accusation! One of my very own. Mindy, you always complain that I don't do this, so I hope you're proud of me! BAWK!

Mindy, I suspect you of being a cultist! And also super sexy. But also a cultist. You continue to ride other people, including me, but you never push too hard, and vote with bandwagons.

I am going to pull a classic "I'm figuring things out behind closed doors" or rather "through these parrot messages I'm carrying around", and will hopefully have more for you all later. I expect NO ONE to be quiet today. We need all hands on deck. Share everything you think could help us.

Until now, I still can't believe the sight of this nightmare... At this crucial stage, I think the next day vote is the most important one whether we townie have any surviving chance to survive through... We can't give up this fight... and we even convict Maurice wrongly... Sorry, my dear mousey friend...

Well that's a really crap result. :sceptic:

Grrr. Grrr.

I'm certainly glad to see Gordon was a townie, that and the other townie deaths however are very worrying, particularly when looking back on the last few days... someone has been going to a lot of effort to make sure we don't lynch the correct people, and I think it is beginning to become apparent just who that is.

Pancho I can somewhat agree with that proposition, I have noted that Mindy hasn't done much other than accuse a few people of not saying enough, when she has barely said anything helpful herself.

The other two people that really need to be looked at now are Horace and Cameron. Now that we know Maurice was a townie, I guess some weight needs to be given to his words, particularly as our numbers are becoming so thin. It is vital that we lynch the correct candidate today. Maurice had a lot to say about Horace yesterday, as did several other people. Cameron was very convincing in swinging those thoughts towards Maurice instead though, and so I feel he needs some scrutiny as well.

This will be an interesting day... I wish Becka was here to hold me and wax my nuts. :cry_sad:

Neeeiiiigh! This is... this is unfortunate. Carley wasn't a scummy cultist after all, which means every decision we've come to based upon that theory is no longer valid. It also means the scum number more than we thought. It's time for some serious re-evaluation, and like Panchy the sea-gull said – everyone needs to speak up. The time for flying under the radar is at an end, folks. Let's hear some thoughts, opinions, let's get this thing kicking.

I've noticed Gilda Goat has been keeping things curiously low-key this whole ordeal. She's chimed in just enough to have people notice her showing up, but the things she's said haven't been anything that's stood out. She's been cruising low this whole time. However, she did vote for Casey early on in the first day... Either a not very committed townie, or a scum who pulled quite a risky move. Hmmm...

:hmpf_bad:*snap*

Maurice, I am sorry I doubted you. :sad:

Poor, brave Heidi. :cry_sad: Thanks to her, we have caught a scum:

I know who Heidi died trying to protect: me. Last night, I received an unexpected night action result: I was told I unsuccessfully targeted Cameron Crocodile.

What's more, I know who targeted me. Last night, Shawna Sheep was tracked, and was seen targeting Cameron Crocodile. Shawna Sheep is the cowardly scummy Cultist who is getting poor, brave Villagers to do the Cultists' dirty work for them. It's thanks to Heidi that I lived to tell the tale.

We must lynch that scummy sheep today. Accept no nonsense from her: she is Culty as hell.

*snap*

Meh-eh-eh-eh-he

I've noticed Gilda Goat has been keeping things curiously low-key this whole ordeal. She's chimed in just enough to have people notice her showing up, but the things she's said haven't been anything that's stood out. She's been cruising low this whole time. However, she did vote for Casey early on in the first day... Either a not very committed townie, or a scum who pulled quite a risky move. Hmmm...

Yes, I'm very sorry about my lack of contributions so far, I have every intention of changing that today. :blush: And yes, I did vote for Casey early on in the first day, and at the time when I did it Casey looked like the clear lynch candidate, after my vote there were five votes against Casey, and only three against Petey. So if anything it looked like there would be a bandwagon against Casey. No scum would have done that, there is no need to vote for one of your own on Day 1.

And Cameron, that is very interesting information indeed, I'm looking forward to hearing what Shawna has to say for herself.

I know who Heidi died trying to protect: me. Last night, I received an unexpected night action result: I was told I unsuccessfully targeted Cameron Crocodile.

You were told that you unsuccessfully targeted yourself. :laugh:

What's more, I know who targeted me. Last night, Shawna Sheep was tracked, and was seen targeting Cameron Crocodile. Shawna Sheep is the cowardly scummy Cultist who is getting poor, brave Villagers to do the Cultists' dirty work for them. It's thanks to Heidi that I lived to tell the tale.

Let me get this hilarious claim straight. You were told that you targeted yourself. Then someone who Heidi says she's protecting killed her in front of all of us. You credit her with protecting you, so you also admit to killing her. Oh, and since you unsuccessfully targeted yourself, that means you wouldn't need to kill someone else, at that point no one was targeted anymore, yet you killed her. Somehow that makes it me? Oh, right, someone supposedly tracked me, except at least one member of this town has previously checked me out and found me sleeping at home, the person who was trying to catch the serial killer before that monster killed him. I was working with him when he died, and since then I've been working with someone he trusted, and who I trust by extension.

I'm also willing to bet I've been checked out by others along the way, and anyone who has, has found me at home. I have no action, I never have had one, but I can't say I blame you for trying. :laugh:

We must lynch that scummy sheep today. Accept no nonsense from her: she is Culty as hell.

You really are that desperate to save Horace again? Yeah, we know what you're doing, you did it yesterday with your convincing tale that made us lynch poor Maurice and leave Horace to another night of evil. You got away with that once, you won't get away with it again, but I have to give you credit for trying, you're the first scum to at least put up a defense, transparent as it is.

I think we all planned to deal with Horace today, to avenge our Mayor and Maurice and even Brigit, but maybe you've changed that decision. That was your only goal here, but will you be happy with the results?

Scumbaaaaaa-g. :hmpf:

Friends... my townie friends... I don't know who is who, for sure, but damn it, we are now left with 9 of us and we have 4 bloody cultists hiding among us... Please don't let ourselves to sway with lies by those cultists....

029.jpg

The citizens of Winter Haven are speechless.

"I wonder how many Cultists are left." Someone mutters.

"Look, more weeds." Firuz observes.

Look at the amount of red flower pedals and white flower pedals. That is no concidence to me...

Look at the amount of red flower pedals and white flower pedals. That is no concidence to me...

Hmm, Edgar makes a good point. There are 9 flowers there, after all... Neeigh!

I think we all planned to deal with Horace today, to avenge our Mayor and Maurice and even Brigit, but maybe you've changed that decision. That was your only goal here, but will you be happy with the results?

Deal with me? But we don't even use glue in this town! :cry_sad:

... Once more, bloody hell. If Edgar is correct, then even if we lynch a cultist tonight, with three town deaths a night we'll be swiftly overrun.

I'm ready to vote for Horace today, although other people spring to mind...

Mindy, I suspect you of being a cultist! And also super sexy. But also a cultist. You continue to ride other people, including me, but you never push too hard, and vote with bandwagons.

Pancho I can somewhat agree with that proposition, I have noted that Mindy hasn't done much other than accuse a few people of not saying enough, when she has barely said anything helpful herself.

Could someone whose done something for the benefit of the town accuse me please. It's just I can't stand when the pot calls the kettle black. You could at least do what I do, and find examples of unhelpful behaviour. Example: I'm quoting two right now.

Note to self: The Parrot and the Bear are clearly working together, trying to entice the others to eat me. Keep away from at all costs.

Note to self: Maybe difficult; I live with the Parrot. Revise strategy, find new sleeping spot.

You could at least do what I do, and find examples of unhelpful behaviour. Example: I'm quoting two right now.

Oh cool, I was doing that too! :sweet: Thanks for your insightful comments. :thumbup:

Grrr. Grrr. Got my eye on you.

... Once more, bloody hell. If Edgar is correct, then even if we lynch a cultist tonight, with three town deaths a night we'll be swiftly overrun.

It is still possible to overturn it... but there are lots of complications and both sides are definitely gearing up for this final last stand. We, townies must make the true and right lynch decision.

Well, I say we need to do what we were all too stupid to do yesterday, and lynch Horace Horse! I'm still surprised that he escaped what appeared to be a night action result by Brigit, a confirmed-by-death townie, in favor of a very loose argument that was taken totally out of proportion. If he shows up scum, we'll know who the next one is: Mr. Let's-Kill-Anyone-Else-But-Horace-Cameron, who steered the lynch away from the horse yesterday, and who's trying to do so again today! A ratio of five to four scum is very bad and means that if we don't turn things around today, this could be it, and Cameron knows it. Well, I'm sick of us constantly lynching our own! We need to stop dodging the bullet and lynch The Horse! Woof!

Also, I'd like to draw to attention Danny the Dictionary, who hardly spoke at all yesterday. I find his actions very scummy, particularly considering all the bad advise he's given me in the past. Also, Gary the Glasses, I've got my eyes on you.

You were told that you unsuccessfully targeted yourself. :laugh:

Yes, that is what I was told, just as Pennie was told she unsuccessfully targeted Heidi on night one. Heidi was a commuter/bodyguard. She commuted on night one, so your plan to have Pennie kill her for you failed. Had Heidi not bravely decided to protect me last night, I would have burned myself to death just as Ernie did. This was your doing.

Let me get this hilarious claim straight. You were told that you targeted yourself. Then someone who Heidi says she's protecting killed her in front of all of us. You credit her with protecting you, so you also admit to killing her. Oh, and since you unsuccessfully targeted yourself, that means you wouldn't need to kill someone else, at that point no one was targeted anymore, yet you killed her.

Try as you might, you can't twist what we were shown from the night to suit you. The blacked out figure is trying to set itself on fire. Heidi died because she was a bodyguard: she died to save me.

Somehow that makes it me? Oh, right, someone supposedly tracked me, except at least one member of this town has previously checked me out and found me sleeping at home, the person who was trying to catch the serial killer before that monster killed him. I was working with him when he died, and since then I've been working with someone he trusted, and who I trust by extension.

You mean Portia? Yes, she told me what her action did: she slept with people, and if they were the serial killer, she would kill them. She was given no other information about what else they may be up to at night. Yes, she slept with you on night one. This clears you of being the serial killer. But we know you're not the serial killer: you're the Cultists' killer.

I'm also willing to bet I've been checked out by others along the way, and anyone who has, has found me at home. I have no action, I never have had one, but I can't say I blame you for trying. :laugh:

Spare me this sheepshit - the evidence points quite clearly to you being the scum killer. You can lie all you want about having no action: you clearly do.

You really are that desperate to save Horace again? Yeah, we know what you're doing, you did it yesterday with your convincing tale that made us lynch poor Maurice and leave Horace to another night of evil. You got away with that once, you won't get away with it again, but I have to give you credit for trying, you're the first scum to at least put up a defense, transparent as it is.

Defence? I'm not the one under fire here: you are the scum who has been accused. Where's your defence? Trying to spin the night pictures to suit you? They are perfectly clear in what they are telling us. And let's get this straight: I have no opinion about Horace. He could be scum, he could be town, he could be the SK. I accused Maurice yesterday because I thought the evidence against her was stronger. And you were only too happy to agree with me: you even supplied some evidence of your own.

I will be delighted when you are lynched and revealed to be scum. *snap*

While I can't disagree with much of your analysis, Cameron, I think we can all agree that it's time for Horace Horse to go. He's long over stayed his welcome. It was him or Maurice yesterday, and you got us to change our vote to Maurice, but that was wrong, so, forgive me if we don't follow you in not voting for him AGAIN for a second day. I think Seamus said it best. It's time that Horace went down.

BAWK!

While I can't disagree with much of your analysis, Cameron, I think we can all agree that it's time for Horace Horse to go. He's long over stayed his welcome. It was him or Maurice yesterday, and you got us to change our vote to Maurice, but that was wrong, so, forgive me if we don't follow you in not voting for him AGAIN for a second day. I think Seamus said it best. It's time that Horace went down.

What?! No! *snap* You agree with my analysis, but don't want to lynch Shawna?

We have caught a scum. That scum must go. What evidence do we have against Horace? A suspicion. We have concrete evidence against Shawna. This could be life or death for us: we must lynch a scum.

We must lynch Shawna Sheep today.

What?! No! *snap* You agree with my analysis, but don't want to lynch Shawna?

We have caught a scum. That scum must go. What evidence do we have against Horace? A suspicion. We have concrete evidence against Shawna. This could be life or death for us: we must lynch a scum.

We must lynch Shawna Sheep today.

There was probably concrete evidence against Horace before the scum killed Brigit! It's time we found out. Today could be our last day in existence, and if you're scum, then lynching a scum is the one thing you don't want us to do, and as long as we don't lynch a scum, you win tomorrow, so you can say whatever you want to convince us! I'm not taking that chance! Woof!

Also, Charlotte the Shoe is pretty suspicious. I think she may be scum too. :look:

It comes down to a risk, Cameron. We have two options. We either trust this evidence that has, luckily and by total chance, been presented by you against someone who we are all likely to be suspect of, as they've been known to be slippery in the past (a strange trait for a sheep, I know). Alternatively, we could look at the evidence from the game. Brigit, a townie, told us she had something against Horace. She was killed. Next, we see yesterday a movement against Horace that is subverted by a sudden revelation from you, and that leads to the lynch of a villager. We then arrive today. Before we can pick up the case against Horace, miraculous evidence appears that indicates that Shawna MUST be scum... once again letting Horace walk free.

We either get a scum, or we don't today. We're taking a plunge either way. Trust a case with multiple proven townies backing it, or trust a case made by one person today. I choose option #1.

BAWK!

It comes down to a risk, Cameron. We have two options. We either trust this evidence that has, luckily and by total chance, been presented by you against someone who we are all likely to be suspect of, as they've been known to be slippery in the past (a strange trait for a sheep, I know). Alternatively, we could look at the evidence from the game. Brigit, a townie, told us she had something against Horace. She was killed. Next, we see yesterday a movement against Horace that is subverted by a sudden revelation from you, and that leads to the lynch of a villager. We then arrive today. Before we can pick up the case against Horace, miraculous evidence appears that indicates that Shawna MUST be scum... once again letting Horace walk free.

We either get a scum, or we don't today. We're taking a plunge either way. Trust a case with multiple proven townies backing it, or trust a case made by one person today. I choose option #1.

BAWK!

I couldn't have said it better myself Pancho, I certainly feel it's time for Horace to hit the hay once and for all. As nice as your reasoning sounds Cameron, it is all coming from you and only you, while we have several confirmed townies that have presented evidence against Horace. He has to be one of them. While Shawna could well also be a cultist based on your evidence, I feel we can be far more certain of Shawna. Since this could be our last vote, we must make it count. Horace has avoided the lynch day after day; only someone with the resources of the cultists could have done so.

Grrr. Grrr. I don't like this one bit, we have cut it far too close if the flower clue is anything to go by. That doesn't mean it is over though, we still have a chance, and I sure as hell am not going down without a good fight. Once we have dealt with Horace, we can turn to other evidence.

This was your doing.

According to you, claiming that there is an anonymous tracker who we could have used dearly before now. One who happened to track me, despite the fact that any real tracker would have checked out Horace, knowing that he was where we would be looking today. Sorry, you didn't think this through carefully enough and now you'll pay for your mistake. Personally, I think Brigit was our tracker, claiming that she had heard from one the same way she used to tell all of her gossip claiming it came from someone else. In this case, she would have been doing it to protect herself, and the scum clearly saw through it and killed her to protect Horace. When that didn't work, you stepped in and saved him, now you're trying it again. Too bold, scumbaaaaaa-g, too bold for us to miss.

Try as you might, you can't twist what we were shown from the night to suit you. The blacked out figure is trying to set itself on fire. Heidi died because she was a bodyguard: she died to save me.

So far, you're the only one twisting the night. For all we know, you aren't even the blacked out figure, that could be the scum target you directed to kill someone else, who was stopped by Heidi, thinking she was saving him. I would hope that such a person would step forward and admit it, but they're probably worried that they would be accused, the same way I'm being pointlessly accused, through evidence that doesn't even exist. It can't exist, I don't have a night action, it's that simple.

You mean Portia? Yes, she told me what her action did: she slept with people, and if they were the serial killer, she would kill them. She was given no other information about what else they may be up to at night. Yes, she slept with you on night one. This clears you of being the serial killer. But we know you're not the serial killer: you're the Cultists' killer.

You'd like for us to believe that, but in fact, the only thing we know is that someone in black is saved by and then kills Heidi. We don't know who that is or who your claimed tracker is, so we can't look at their possible motives, we're just supposed to believe that this person automatically.

Let's consider the other option, you're being used by a scum. IF, as you say, someone contacted you with this claim, what are the odds that it's the same scum who tried to kill you (assuming it is you in black), following up on their failure by having you accuse me? They would know exactly what happened and could very easily pull this because you would be confused by the night and looking for answers, answers that they conveniently supply for their own gain. They don't even need to be subtle anymore, this is it, we've seen the flowers, they need a townie to die today, and they don't care who it is. Or do they? Why not pick someone they might assume is the vigilante? Yes, they may assume that because I've made at least one comment in the past that pointed at it, though it wasn't intended that way. They're wrong, but I can see them thinking it and it would be hard to pass up that opportunity.

Defence? I'm not the one under fire here: you are the scum who has been accused. Where's your defence?

What fire? There's no evidence here except a claim of a magically convenient tracker who either doesn't exist, or is scum. I can safely call one of you that since I know I have no action and wasn't told that I did anything last night (because I can't).

And let's get this straight: I have no opinion about Horace. He could be scum, he could be town, he could be the SK. I accused Maurice yesterday because I thought the evidence against her was stronger. And you were only too happy to agree with me: you even supplied some evidence of your own.

No opinion about Horace? You've worked so hard to save him, but you have no opinion? Seriously. :laugh: You claim that today's sudden revelation came from a tracker, yet you have no opinion on Horace, who we were told was probably scum based on evidence from a tracker. Oh, right, that tracker never stepped forward, so it was dismissed as useless. How has that changed today?

As for Maurice, I pointed out something he did that I felt looked scummy or naive, but that isn't what turned us away from Horace and on to Maurice, that came from you. We made a serious mistake yesterday, we aren't making it again.

I will be delighted when you are lynched and revealed to be scum. *snap*

Except you won't. 1. I'm not scum. 2. If I'm killed, the numbers make it clear that we won't even see another day, you'll have single-handedly given the win to the scum, which will either make you their hero, or the fool of the town, depending on whether or not you're being tricked or willingly trying this.

Interlude

030.jpg

It is late morning and the citizens of Winter Haven are acting weird. They haven't really hung around the Village Square the way they have for the previous days. They are just flitting about announcing vague strategies and strong words against the enemy, then ducking behind closed doors to have private conversations.

Meanwhile, Marcellus the Monk is planning to host a party for Winter Haven to keep everyone's mind off of the bloodbath this week has become. He explains to Firuz Fox how to be a good host.

"Clarity is key," Marcellus explains. "Your guests might not feel comfortable at the party or know exactly what's happening, so if you see them confused at all you should remove whatever confusion you can, make things clear."

Firuz nods as he prepares some nice flower arrangements.

032.jpg

Pancho Parrot pops into the Village Square to offer some encouraging words.

"All hands on deck!" Pancho announces. "Don't expect your carrier pigeon mail parrot to carry your messages for you. Come out and say what you have to say! BAWK!!"

033.jpg

"How reassuring," Marcellus notes as Pancho dashes off.

"This could be unclear to your guests," Firuz points out.

"What?" Marcellus asks.

"Maurice Mouse said something odd about the Eagle yesterday," Firuz explains. "And today his ghost is hovering around it pointing to it and shaking his head."

"If only you could hear me!" the ghost of Maurice Mouse says.

034.jpg

"We can," Firuz informs him.

"Oh Good!" Maurice says. "This is the Spring. The one that The Baker and his wife died to protect. This is what the Cultists are ultimately after, besides the power of the fox, of course. The spring is under the fountain. You would think it would be in Spring Haven, but that's not really a double-entendre. It's just misleading. Anyway, if the Scum win, they harness the power of the spirit in the spring. That would stop us from being able to come back from the dead. It would also give the Cultists over the entire world of FABULAND and trap our souls, etc. etc. etc. If the Villagers live, we can protect the spring and all return, blah blah blah. Not really anything to do with game mechanics, just extra story and plot. It can be mostly ignored."

"Oh, thanks," Firuz says.

"No problem!" Maurice Mouse the brave answers, then disappears.

035.jpg

"This fountain creates quite the exciting party centerpiece now!" Marcellus notes.

"Hello there!" Gilda Goat announces, "I have not been around very much lately, but I will be around today. OK, goodbye!"

036.jpg

"Extra clutter can be confusing to guests sometimes too," Marcellus explains. "Like this parchment that has been sitting on these steps since some time yesterday and nobody noticed. It's been there since Bohemian Rhapsody."

"What is it?" Firuz asks.

creepy_parchment2.jpg

"The most evil crayon drawing you've ever seen," Marcellus answers.

"I've seen some pretty evil crayon drawings," Firuz tells him.

037.jpg

"That makes sense," Firuz says. "That essence must be what the Cultists pick up in that weird vial every night. More plot. I'm sure that's it, since they bring me the vial every morning to make their potions."

"You make the Cultists potions too?" Marcellus asks, horrified.

"Of course," Firuz answers. "I'm an equal opportunity alchemist. I told you there is no evil, just differing opinions. Sometimes a differing opinion does cause some death, but we are carnivores after all and it helps to keep a cosmic balance."

038.jpg

Edgar Elephant pops in to announce, "Both sides are definitely gearing up for this final last stand. We, townies must make the true and right lynch decision!"

039.jpg

"Firuz, please tell me who these Cultists are so I can save the innocent lives of the remaining Villagers," Marcellus pleads.

"Sorry," Firuz answers. "That's alchemist-client privilege."

Marcellus considers this for a moment, then decides, "No cupcakes for you."

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction. Whoever has the most votes will win an exciting lynch! Don't forget to make your animal sound in every post I would hate for someone to be lynched just because they don't follow this rule despite being fairly warned for five game days in a row.

BAWK!

Look, beautiful and misleading flowers!

My favorite part of that story was the blah blah blah part! I now understand the spring and stuff. Thanks Maurice! Also, sorry for hanging you and stuff! BAWK! Also, who can expect anyone to remember the plot of that first Forest thingy. There was a spring? There was a Baker? People died? Who the hell is Felix Fox?! Who is this Gorilla who keeps talking to us and waving a staff around? Is he important? i thought he was the mayor for a while, but then it turned out that the Lion was mayor. BAWK!

Vote: Horace Horse (iamded)

Even though he's the Serial Killer and not a cultist. But he's probably working with the cultists at this point! Horace, we pinky promise to not lynch you if you tell us the names of the three remaining cultists! That would be awesome. I'll even throw in a few postage stamps from my collection. Assuming your impartial, this would probably help you right now.

mod_note_01.jpg

Assuming your impartial,

Mod joke: Penalty vote for the next misuse of the word "your" or "you're". :hmpf:

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

Oooh, ooh! Oooh! OOOH ooh, EEEE eee eee eee EEEE EEEE EEEE EEEE! scratch scratch