Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

Row House

In the Hamlet of Circardia, Felden the Baker and Gorlan the Apothecary live side by side. Felden and his wife, Lyndia run a small bakery, providing fresh bread to the town. Gorlan is known to be somewhat grumpy at times but his knowledge of forest herbs and remedies have helped cure many of the citizens ailments.

rowhouse5-M.jpg

rowhouse2-M.jpg

rowhouse4-M.jpg

rowhouse3-M.jpg

Gorlan is preparing to muddle some herbs and bone together to settle a customers stomach pains

rowhouseGorlan-M.jpg

Felden brings out a fresh loaf. Even Gorlan can't help but smile at the smell of fresh bread!

rowhouseFelden-M.jpg

Using techniques from DC's guide and a few other builders here, I wanted to expand on my town. I had some of the blue from a PaB wall and wanted to try something besides tan. I like the way it looks but I realize the houses have the same color scheme as the Medieval Village. Still I an pretty happy overall.

I also have mapped out the Hamlet of Circardia and plan on starting a thread linking all the buildings to their respective MOC threads. I also wanted to expand on the back stories of Circardia and Lord Arlindus (and his father Orthus) as well.

C&C welcome!

Edited by MikeyB

Very nice color scheme on this - I like the contrast of the medium blue and the tan. I also really like the sides of the roof quite a bit. The balcony really stands out. There are a lot of great techniques in this build.

Wow! So many MOCs in such a short time and they are all great!!! :classic:

This is certainly no execption! Fun to see a row house! I like that you mix old brown with reddish brown. It gives it a natural look as wood tend to vary in nature, and to put arches like that on the first floor of the bakery to create the balcony is great!

It really looks like a set that TLG would release as an Exclusive!! :classic:

thanks for the feed back. To be honest, I build this about a week ago shortly after finished my Albion Armorer, but with the holidays and lack of time to set up my "studio" (and the wife using the camera) I continued to build and then just shot all three MOC at one time.

I like the details on the above the windows on the side of the tan building but I am not really happy with the way some of the tan bricks show through at the corners but Ill work on fixing that in my next build!

Another great build, very nicely put together with good use of those techniques. Its great to see you are building up a back story to your characters, it helps to bring our land to life. Nice work!

Great work MikeyB! :thumbup:

Lovely use of colour as others have mentioned. I can just imagine these buildings as part of a larger display (hint, hint! LoL).

Nice one :sweet:

Wonderful addition to your city, an apothecary crossed my mind for mine, I'll have to remember that. Love the detail and colours. One thing is that corner table outside the apothecary's, it's just me though my own personel tastes where I think tables should be square or rectangular, judging from the space there a 3x4 might work a 2x4 might be a bit small also the missing piece out of the base corner infront of the apothecary and the bald apothecary but again those are my personal tastes, in my city a citizen showing their stud in public is a death sentence. Anyways this is a great build and look forward to seeing many more.

Looks great! All because of all the "ornamentation", great job! And you gave the eaves a nice own touch :wink:

Looks great! All because of all the "ornamentation", great job! And you gave the eaves a nice own touch :wink:

thanks for the praise Ecclesiastes, your solution to the eaves definitely help finish the building.

As to Gorlan's "Bald" head, Bald is beautiful! (or at least that is what I'm trying to convince myself as I seem to be loosing more hair on the back of my head each year, or so my wife keeps pointing out!)

Ideally, I would have put the table inside the building but this build went pretty fast when you don't worry about the interior (its pretty ugly on the inside.) I don't know why I used the angle piece. I guess I just thought it would fit there, but in retrospect, I think a 2x4 table with a brown tile top would have looked better as well.

thanks again for every ones comments. Off to build some more and look for my "Hamlet of Circardia" thread soon with a map and history of the village and surrounding areas.