Hi LEGO enthusiasts,
I started this topic to collect and share my creations. I plan to have only this one topic for all of them, and I will ad them gradually.
About my build style:
- It fits the current City line style and proportions
- I value simple and effective design more over small details achieved by a high number of bricks
- Therefore I am not againts special parts applied at the right places
- LEGO apparently tries to optimize for best result with the least number and kinds of parts, so do I, but I allow myself more freedom
- I even allow myself using out-of-production parts that are not really replaceable or I just find them most appropriate
- Creations should be robust and playable
- I also like adding features to official LEGO creations, even with slight modifications
Okay, I decided to edit this first post a little so that it has strictly Town items, I have a topic for trains anyway.
First I go with a personal favourite of me. I spent some time doing some research, designing and collecting optimal parts in the right color (typically can take months for rare parts).
It is a John Deere 4WD (big) tractor in City Farm style and proportions (even the hook is compatible). There is some unusual and nonstandard parts usage there (like the wheel/tire combination):
(Image is link)
Feel free to criticise quality, to ask for more pictures or build instructions any time. Now I just tried to upload as many creations as I could.
The shunter I published originally for those who missed it:
(Image is link)
(Sorry for the background, I will find better soon)
Edited by Phred, 10 July 2012 - 09:14 PM.