Sign in to follow this  
wolfwing

Are the racers sets good for anything if not looking for cars?

They look interesting, but if not in need of wheel parts and such, is there anything really good, or particular sets worth grabbing? I have tons of tires, though I guess a bit low on the fancier new car body parts.

I geuss you could use some of the fancy curved parts for automatons/ships? :sceptic: I'm not that interested in them, but this gave me the idea of building it to hold a minifig :tongue: (not minifig scale, but enough room to have a seat and wheel(Or Games scale?)).

As with any theme there are sets that are useful and there are some that aren't. Which is which depends on what sort of things you build.

Tiny turbos do tend to have lots of cheese slopes, but I suspect the price per piece is fairly high. That said, they have few parts that I can't use. I build minifig scale cars, though, which means that I do have use for the wheels.

The Racers sets I really like are the various larger Ferrari models (Enzo, FXX, F430 and the F430 race versions) and the Lamborghini Gallardo. Certainly the later ones are very nice parts packs with a lot of hinges, cheese slopes and tiles as well as a nice selection of basic plates. I haven't bought the police version of the Gallardo, but it is definitely on my wish-list.

Cheers,

Ralph

Hello!

As Ralph pointed out...

Tiny turbos do tend to have lots of cheese slopes [...]

For exactly this reason I bought lots of these sets when these pieces were brand new. Prices for them were pretty high in the beginning, and these little sets offered many of them at relatively cheap price for that time. :classic:

Furthermore I appreciate these sets also for the many curved elements they have. Agreed, I have also lots of wheels left over. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein