Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Four

redscaremysterybanner.png

img_0321.jpg

"I had an excellent dinner, James." the lifeguard said.

"Would you like to come upstairs?" James asked.

"Would I!"

img_0323.jpg

The couple ran up the stairs.

img_0326.jpg

A figure, however, was watching them the entire time.

-----------------------------------------------------

img_0312.jpg

Meanwhile, Congressman Bob was heading home.

img_0314.jpg

"Hello, Congressman." a man said.

"Hello..."

"I've heard much about you in training camp in glorious Soviet Union. The Famous Red Hunter, right next to Nixon."

"Indeed."

img_0315.jpg

*WHAM*

The pistol went off, shooting into the night. The shot rang out all across the town.

img_0317.jpg

The board had sent the would-be assassin into the fountain. The second figure started to drown him in the water. When the deed was done, he pulled him out and threw him into the street.

img_0320.jpg

"Thanks." the congressman said.

"I've stalled X-K2P. That ship that's arriving tomorrow, I'll need to disable it so they can't escape that way. The National Guard is assembling around town as I speak." the second figure said.

"I feel so disgusted."

"Relax. Hopefully we won't need to utilize the program."

img_0327.jpg

The next day, the townsfolk assembled around the body of the assassin.

"This man is clearly a Soviet Union spy." Matt said.

The townsfolk gasped. A real communist in Alabatha?

img_0329.jpg

Breaking the silence was a ships horn. A large cargo ship sailed into Alabatha Harbor, docking. The crew stepped off and approached the group.

img_0332.jpg

"Hello." they all said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters:

Government Workers

mayorian.jpg

Ian Bradford (Mayor) played by Walter Kovacs

tcm.jpg

Will Ackerson (Town Councilman) played by iamded

judge.jpg

Alan Cain (Judge) played by JCC1004

chief.jpg

Ryan Phelps (Police Chief) played by JimButcher

cop1.jpg

Tim Fields (Police Officer) played by CallMePie

cop2.jpg

Louis Harrison (Police Officer) played by Brickme

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working Class

chefdieter.jpg

Dieter Schneider (Chef) played by Shadows

doctor.jpg

Simon Lloyd (Doctor) played by Burman

lawyer.jpg

Patrick Jefferson (Lawyer) Played by Professor Flitwick

dockworker.jpg

James Falzone (Dock Worker) played by CorneliusMurdock

nurse.jpg

Julie “Princess” Parker (Nurse) played by The Crazy One

farmer.jpg

Alan Simmons (Farmer) played by Fugazi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other

dolores.jpg

Dolores Jefferson (Housewife) played by Def

gloria.jpg

Gloria Jefferson (Student) played by Admiral Ron

stevie.jpg

Stevie Jefferson (Student) played by Legonater

retiredsalesman.jpg

Ralph Jenkins (Retired Salesman) played by Cralegoboy

retiredwife.jpg

Valerie Jenkins (Housewife) played by Sok117

huac_man.jpg

Matt Liebenston (HUAC Investigator) Played by Dragonator

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Arrivals

captted.jpg

Ted Harding (Captain of the Lakota) Played by Capt.JohnPaul

captwife.jpg

Jackie Harding (Ted's Wife) Played by Captain Becker

shiphand.jpg

Frankie Daly (Deckhand) Played by Captain Genero

Reserves:

-Mrlegoninja

-Peanuts

Rules:

(Borrowed partly from Dragonator’s Mystery Manor)

1. There are 18 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.

2. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:

"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".

Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:

"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."

It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalized statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.

3. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!

4. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will try to put up the chapter topics as quickly as possible, but, this might not be so all the time.

5. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it, and you'll be fine.

6. Please remember that this is the early 1950’s. No iPods, digital cameras, cell phones, printers, computers, fax machines, or otherwise. No events past the current date either, or else people will view you as insane.

7. I won’t keep you in a certain room if you don’t want me too. You’ll always have the option of backtracking or researching the same place.

8. The host is usually always right. If you think I’ve made an error, then please discuss this in the discussion thread or feel free to PM me.

9. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the death of your character.

10. Remember that although a chapter has ended, that doesn’t mean that the day has concluded, and night actions can be used.

10b. There are also chapter actions. Those of you with chapter actions have the ability to use them at the end of each chapter.

11. No Metagaming please. Also, don’t base suspicions on how the person looks.

Rules may be added or deleted as the game goes on based on game play.

12. This is the 1950’s, the middle of the Cold War. You’re under constant worry of potential nuclear Armageddon, so act like it. The Communists are your enemies in this game, don’t forget that. Also, anytime historical facts from the 1950’s are brought in is a big plus.

Everyone have a good night? Anyone learn anything? I think I was being followed last night but I didn't get a good look at them. I was understandably distracted. :sweet:

Do we recognize the assassin? Was he a former town member? I would like to search the body for any important papers or communiques that may help us track down the communist(s) among us.

A commy? Here? Can I check the pulse, to see if the bastard is alive.

Oh, hello new folks! I'm Patrick, call me Pat or Rick, it's all the same, this is the new wife, Dolores, my daughter Gloria, and my son, Steve.

Is there a possibility of us searching their ship?

Also, your crew seems quite small for a cargo ship. Any reasons?

That was a close one. Time for a proper introducing, I'm a frenchman who lost his leg in WW1. I then started a shipping company and came here, only to find this.

Using my former military knowledge, I would like to pick up the gun, found out where it's from, how many rounds are in it, and look at the serial number and report it to the government to track it. If possible, keep it for defense against those commy scumm.

What kind of town do you run here Mr. Mayor! I get off a ship and welcoming me is a dead body in the middle of the road!

Nice to meet you Mr. Patrick. My name is Frankie Daly the cargo worker on the Lakota. While our crew may be small, we run the best freighter afloat!

I would like to stand to the side, watching everyone else investigate the body of the dead communist.

That was a close one. Time for a proper introducing, I'm a frenchman who lost his leg in WW1.

Ah. A fellow army man. Good to meet you. I'm Officer Fields.

From the dialogue, I assume the man who killed the spy was the CIA agent.

Congressman, it appears in our...er...'flashback', you seem to be holding some sort of note or letter.

May we read it?

Everyone have a good night? Anyone learn anything? I think I was being followed last night but I didn't get a good look at them. I was understandably distracted. :sweet:

Do we recognize the assassin? Was he a former town member? I would like to search the body for any important papers or communiques that may help us track down the communist(s) among us.

The Assassin is not someone from the town, nor is he a former town member. Searching the body, James discovers a small piece of paper with the letter O written on it.

A commy? Here? Can I check the pulse, to see if the bastard is alive.

Oh, hello new folks! I'm Patrick, call me Pat or Rick, it's all the same, this is the new wife, Dolores, my daughter Gloria, and my son, Steve.

Is there a possibility of us searching their ship?

Also, your crew seems quite small for a cargo ship. Any reasons?

The spy does not have a pulse. You'd need to ask to search their ship, or get a majority vote.

That was a close one. Time for a proper introducing, I'm a frenchman who lost his leg in WW1. I then started a shipping company and came here, only to find this.

Using my former military knowledge, I would like to pick up the gun, found out where it's from, how many rounds are in it, and look at the serial number and report it to the government to track it. If possible, keep it for defense against those commy scumm.

It's standard Soviet Issue. It's only fire one bullet, and the serial number has been scratched off.

I would like to stand to the side, watching everyone else investigate the body of the dead communist.

Frankie stands to the side.

Good thing we found a spy! I would like ask the Congressman if the man that saved him is the deckhand

"The man who saved me was not the deckhand, it was the CIA agent."

May we read it?

"It's the same paper on X-K2P, that I've secured away. I no longer have it on my person." the Congressman said.

Where would you like to go first?

hmmm, I wonder if the CIA agent walks among us?

I would like to ask congressman bob if the CIA agent walks among us in my sweetest voice

It's standard Soviet Issue. It's only fire one bullet, and the serial number has been scratched off.

Does that mean there is 1 bullet left, or the 1 bullet has been fired?

If I could keep it, I ask Officer Fields if he has spare rounds that I could use.

May I ask what this X-K2P is? Sounds like another government plan that none of the people will be told about untill it happens.

Also, I have no idea why you folks want to search the captains freigher so badly but I will go along with it as long as the captain approves.

Did I hear someone say deckhand? I do hope that you have good stories to tell.

May I ask what this X-K2P is? Sounds like another government plan that none of the people will be told about untill it happens.

It's another stinkin' government contingency plot, yes. And now we have three more brought into it's havoc

I'd like to pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming.

Search my ship, please, let's get this over with... wait...

Asks for warrant.... shows Constitution, pointing at 4th amendment.

What ya haulin', captain?

I don't like this situation any more than you do but some of us are a little on edge. It'd be best not to rile the more paranoid ones. My buddy Earl was always afraid of snakes so one time I though it'd be funny to put this rubber snake in his locker. He opened the locker door and it tumbled down onto his feet. He must a jumped ten feet in the air and at the same time screamed a scream that only dogs could hear. I started laughin' and he just glared at me... Then he picked up a wooden chair and smashed it over my head. Knocked me clean out. Good times. Now what were we talkin' about?

I would like to use my knowledge of the port and its workings to determine of this ship was expected before this whole thing began.

If I could keep it, I ask Officer Fields if he has spare rounds that I could use.

I certainly don't think its a good idea for anyone to have guns at this point in time. We are certainly not going to solve our problems in a shoot out.

I would like to object to letting the captain have the gun, and ask one of the police officers to lock it in the armory back at the town hall

Well, uh, good work everyone, looks like we caught one of the commies. Does this mean that there's only one left in town already?

Uh, maybe we should check out the farm. It's the only building that's not on the blueprints, and could have a secret tunnel entrance.

Blueprints! What are you talking about? Secret tunnels? This sounds more like a dime-novel by the second. You people really are strange.

I agree with the captain. I don't know much about your laws but the constitution is the basis of this nation and if it says that you need Mr. Warrent, you need to wait for him!

My buddy Earl was always afraid of snakes so one time I though it'd be funny to put this rubber snake in his locker. He opened the locker door and it tumbled down onto his feet. He must a jumped ten feet in the air and at the same time screamed a scream that only dogs could hear. I started laughin' and he just glared at me... Then he picked up a wooden chair and smashed it over my head. Knocked me clean out. Good times. Now what were we talkin' about?

=

Speaking of snakes, I remember the time I was sailing onboard a freigher off the coast of Egypt. As we sailed out, we ran into a freak wave in the middle of the Strait of Gibralter. The wave damaged the ship's rudder and we had a 5 degree list port but that was not the worst of it. Some of the cargo inluded about 100 cobras and when I was walking in the cargo hold I saw a box marked " Dangerous " broken and the snakes were gone. It took us about a week to get to port all the while not sleeping and carring knifes with us. That was by far the 10th worst voyage I have ever been on. Oh well, we only lost one sailor on that trip so it was not all that bad, was it?

I certainly don't think its a good idea for anyone to have guns at this point in time. We are certainly not going to solve our problems in a shoot out.

I would like to object to letting the captain have the gun, and ask one of the police officers to lock it in the armory back at the town hall

Oh, silly! I'm not going to shoot anyone, I was only going to shoot locked door locks. Plus, if there is some sort of wall that blocks the way to a "secret tunnel", empty out the powder of the bullets and blow up the wall with a match... :wink:

But I see your point, some people come to town, and they want all these guns. Let's let the government decide.

Hm. Dead commie? New arrivals? Interesting.

I would like to whistle for my dog to come nearer to me, and motion for my wife to stay beside me.

hmmm, I wonder if the CIA agent walks among us?

I would like to ask congressman bob if the CIA agent walks among us in my sweetest voice

"He's not one of us." the Congressman says.

I put my vote for searching the Lakoda

Gloria would like to search the Lakota.

Does that mean there is 1 bullet left, or the 1 bullet has been fired?

Only one bullet has been fired.

It's another stinkin' government contingency plot, yes. And now we have three more brought into it's havoc

I'd like to pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming.

Stevie pinches himself. He's not dreaming.

Search my ship, please, let's get this over with... wait...

Asks for warrant.... shows Constitution, pointing at 4th amendment.

Captain Harding pulls out his personal copy of the Constitution.

What ya haulin', captain?

I would like to use my knowledge of the port and its workings to determine of this ship was expected before this whole thing began.

"Just some supplies from England." Captain Harding says.

The ship has been expected for the last week and a half.

"I'll take that." Chief Phelps says.

He takes the pistol from Captain Harding, and holds onto it for safe keeping.

Well, uh, good work everyone, looks like we caught one of the commies. Does this mean that there's only one left in town already?

Uh, maybe we should check out the farm. It's the only building that's not on the blueprints, and could have a secret tunnel entrance.

Chief Phelps suggests going to the farm.

Hm. Dead commie? New arrivals? Interesting.

I would like to whistle for my dog to come nearer to me, and motion for my wife to stay beside me.

King moves behind Ralph, and stays on full alert. Valerie stays behind Ralph as well.

"After close examination, I've determined that this isn't one of the two spies we're looking for. That means that there's two spies among you right now that we know of." Inspector Liebenston says.

"Shall we go to the farm now?" Chief Phelps asks.

I agree that the farm would be a good place to go. Although, some time we should finish our search of town hall. I also don't think the store group searched the roof of that building. Since e know that it has to be accessible, I think it deserves a look. I don't suppose the congressman would like to share any more information with us about who the spies could be?