8707-1.jpg

3174891594_ae50c289a7.jpg

3174891328_09cf495ec9.jpg

I bet this has been posted but...

Link

I wish they would have made the theme more old fashioned looking. :cry_sad:

Update: 18th June 2009

8709: Underground Mining Station

Thanks svelte_corps for providing this image.

gallery_2351_21_181291.jpg

8709-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang
8709 image added

I haven't seen them, but that means nothing...

First reaction: Lots of technic, lots of big pieces. What's with the color scheme? Light green and orange?:sick: It looks like it might just be a tint on the whole thing, so let's hope so.

Link

I think this should be in some other forum. :sceptic:

However, I dislike this line. I hope this are preliminary. With LEGO's discontinuation of Purple, this may be a great chance to stock up on lime green and orange (or red ?)

I see unique parts like technic chanlinks in red. Slyowl might have some fun :tongue:

I agree, I wanted this line to be more Jules Vernian in it's style. Ah well, maybe we'll get steampunk divers and miners at some point.

Doing something like this is like the way they changed the Halo marines in the 2nd game. In the first: Sleek bronze armor and eye pieces with readouts on them. All in all, very futuristic. In the second: They were just like a modern soldiers with lots of pouches and bags. Not very futuristic.

I don't like that they look like modern construction workers.

Edited by Norrington

I'll hold off total judgement on these until I see better pics, but my initial reaction is, What the heck are these! :sick:

It almost looks more like a technic line to me... The figs seem to look decent but the sets themselves just look bad.

We'll see I guess. At first I thought Agents looked like crap but now I love it.

As of right now, extremely disappointing. :cry_sad:

First off, since the sets have "confidential" stamped on them, I'll save these. :grin:

Actually, I like these. They have their own, miner- futeristic look to them. :sweet:

Since I can't read the set numbers... Top left set: Okay, here's where I agree with the Technic-abuse claim. This is pretty sad... *preliminary*

Top right set: Nice. Very cute. The drill looks temporary, though.

bottom left set: My favorite. A chunky little drill walker. :wub:

bottom middle set: Very nice. Mobile drill. Looks potentially unstable/possible mass use of technic beams- can't really tell.

bottom right set: Claw-thingy. Looks a bit like a technic set.

Next page: Yes! Red dirt bike. I like this set, reminds me of modern tech, but... better. :grin:

Can't see any monsters, but the figs are... blue and white?

After look at the sets better I get at the conclusion that these sets are worse than I think :cry_sad: . Not that the color sheme is wrong or something but the build of the sets look extremely <insert that tiresome argument> :sick: . I think this could be a great line and that the TLC is going to overdone themselves with this but at the end they just ruined everything :cry_sad: . The biggest set look nice thought :tongue::laugh::grin: .

Edited by darkrebellion

I don't see a great emphasis on Technic here except for the beams and Bionicle tools, and I'm afraid that those rollbars are completely pre-fab... And the designs are... well, not that exciting. Not to mention those rock?/sludge?/lava? monsters. Considering the stuff Lego has done to the Agents villians, these guys could have been much more interesting and useful as minifigs. I really hope these aren't the final designs, and that at least Lego gives us some collapsible rock walls to destroy. :sceptic:

Geez, that color scheme is terrible. There is hope, as the designs look extremely preliminary.

Steve

Hmm. Well, I gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed. The colours... they're a lot brighter than I expected. We'll wait to see better pics, shall we? :sceptic:

~Peace

Even though im disapointed in how much technic there is i still will buy a couple of em.

still dont hate them yet because they are preliminary and wont be released for several months the green might even be changed.

Link

Yes they were posted a few days ago here and has been discussed both in that thread and in the other power miners thread from this post and on.

As I commented in one of the other threads I think the colorscheme looks a little too <insert that tiresome argument> with the bright green and bright red/orange and light blue helmets. But if that green is sand green I'll buy loads of it. Can't say much about the actual designs though as the pics are in too bad quality to really tell. But some of them seems to look good and some don't. But I really need to see better pics before I can tell for sure.

I don't mind the lime green much.

But the Neon Red, looks horrendous when put next to it.

Would be much happier if they changed the digging tools to something more... ?realistic? like mdstone or black or yellow?

And the 1-piece canopies suck, they look like leftovers from Jack Stone. Just look at the great construction vehicles in the upcoming Farm theme? why can't they put the same consideration into these mining vehicles?

While I am disappointed at this stage, I was hoping for something far better at this stage I’ll hold off judgment, after all I thought Agents looked weak when it was first presented now I love the theme. So maybe it’ll mature with time.

I´m propably getting the drill once or twice, but I couldn´t care less about the rest. The design is extremely weak. Even the mech is terrible, although TLC did so good with Exo-Force. I don´t understand what was driving them.

well my first response was "what the heck is this?" hmmmm... weird colors... i'll wait until we have some better pics

As far as I'd love a return of a RR-like theme, I must say I'm not really excited by what I can see in these pics.

On the other hand, they seem to still be WIPs. Surely the next pics will be better, and maybe I'll change my mind (fingers crossed) :classic:

LuxorV

thanks for the link.... the vehicles are numbered with 1,2,3.. what I don't iike, the colour seems alright except the big red pieces, there are also some bionicle pieces which I hate. Cannot say much about the minifigs, also this is the part most likely to change, it takes too much time to produce new minifig parts. The smaller sets, especially the Exo-Force robot and the mobile drill look nice to me! So if the minifigs are ok, I might buy one. The monsters are... sort of ok. Everyone prefers figs.

:classic:

As far as I'd love a return of a RR-like theme, I must say I'm not really excited by what I can see in these pics.

On the other hand, they seem to still be WIPs. Surely the next pics will be better, and maybe I'll change my mind (fingers crossed) :classic:

LuxorV

Say, when did this ever happen?

I didn´t notice any major changes between leaked pics and the actual sets in the last years...

It's not a problem if LEGO juniorize one of their lines, I just hope it's not a trend :) I don't think the green is problem par se. More like it makes me cringe when put next to that bright red. And even the small amount of bright blue on the minifig's helm makes things worse. Otherwise, the models may be good (must see better photos), but I think they screwed up the colors. Hope that these are preliminary and that LEGO read these forums :)

These seem to be a bit of a disappointment, but I won't judge anything until I see the real sets, anyway, all that green may come in handy for an Orc Castle :laugh::grin: