Sign in to follow this  
Philo

Massive LDraw parts update

Thanks for the info -- I went to the LDraw Updates website and downloaded the latest LDraw parts. :classic:

logoshort.gif

"This update includes 1148 files in the core library, including 601 new parts. Two major features of this release are the inclusion of a large selection of 12V train parts and Mindstorms NXT components, all of which had been waiting on the Parts Tracker for far too long. Many of the primitives have also been upgraded to the current expectations for (counter-clockwise) polygon winding.

"This is another big step in reducing the backlog on the Parts Tracker and brings the number of files to its lowest level since january 2005. Thanks are due to the small community of part authors who created or corrected parts for this release and to those who have reviewed files in order to make this release happen."

I can smell that from here and it smells odorific!!! This is good news! Will have to download it immediately. Thanks, Philo for letting us know!

This "january jerks" thing is really screwing us up. :laugh:

Darn it! They are twisting everything.

Edited by palathadric

I hope this is the right topic, maybe Superkalle can change the title a bit to make it a general LDraw update topic :sceptic:

Anyway,

I just looked at the (for my surprise new) LDraw website, and it seems that there is a new update with 740 files, whereof 579 new parts :thumbup:

Edited by legolijntje

I think you can start new topics for these kind of newsflashes. Old news will then automatically fall down in the list as they get...well older. :classic:

I just looked at the (for my surprise new) LDraw website, and it seems that there is a new update with 740 files, whereof 579 new parts :thumbup:

I have difficulty finding some things on the new website. They don't have an "All-in-One-Installer" yet, do they?

I have difficulty finding some things on the new website. They don't have an "All-in-One-Installer" yet, do they?

It's very easy to find :classic:

Just click in the menu "Downloads" and then "get Started" and you will see the all in one installer. Only disadvantage; it currently includes the 2012-1 parts update, and not the newest 2012-2 update.

It's very easy to find :classic:

Just click in the menu "Downloads" and then "get Started" and you will see the all in one installer. Only disadvantage; it currently includes the 2012-1 parts update, and not the newest 2012-2 update.

:wall: Ack! Didn't explain myself well, but you answered my question anyway. Meant to ask if they had an All-in-One-Installer containing the new parts update. :blush:

:wall: Ack! Didn't explain myself well, but you answered my question anyway. Meant to ask if they had an All-in-One-Installer containing the new parts update. :blush:

Well, there isn't an all in one installer with update 2012-2 yet, but there is an .exe file to install the update automaticly, which you can download using my link, or through here :classic:

From the Frontpage:

For all users of Ldraw based CAD tools, it's christmas when a new part library is released.

And now it's christmas.

Now I know how Aussies, Argentinians and the others live the Xmas (uff, I'm so hot...).

There has just been a new parts update (see the front page), but there are no PF L and servo motors :(

and the fixes I have made to elements can not become official because the host of the e-mail account I used back then has gone bankrupt...