Hrw-Amen

Very Old LEGO Space made with even older bricks.

pic_7273.jpgpic_7252.jpgpic_7262.jpgpic_7180.jpgpic_7170.jpgpic_7195.jpgpic_7201.jpgpic_7227.jpgpic_7287.jpgpic_7256.jpgpic_7268.jpg

I dug out some very old LEGO space stuff when spring cleaning in the attic at the weekend. I was surprised as I thought they were in the attic at my mother's! A very old cardboard box that looked like nothing but when I openned it I found them. All of these were made at my previous house so have to be at least twenty years old, a lot of the bricks are much older hence some miscoloured ones, some maye forty years especially the white and blue.

I think my favourite is the Blacktron transport with the tailgunner. I remember making it all those years ago! I think I had just been watching some old war movies with Lancasters at the time! There is also a Blacktron dropship, which is more bulky than I would like. But back then there was no internet, no Bricklink so I had what I had and that was that. I am know I could do much better now, but these ships being so old I do not have the heart to dismantle them. Maybe I should make newer versions though at some point?

Anyway it is awful how dusty they get, they were in a sealed box wrapped in plastic bags and they still got covered in dust which was very hard to get off, much of it becoming almost ingrained. I spent a few hours dusting them at the weekend.

There is also an Ice Planet drop ship that I was pleased to see being flown by the Ice Planet Babe! As well as this there was my other Octan ship that wen along with the one I posted a few weeks ago. This one had the old 9V lights, but I have not got a battery for it at the moment to see if they still work. I will have to get one.

There were also a lot of classic space sets but they have yet to be dusted. I was surpised to see that many of the original red and white astronaut minifigs had stickers for the decorations on their torso. I did not realise that, not all of them but a good few! Anyway, I'll post them when they are dusted off.

I have included a couple of links for my Brickshelf and Flickr.BrickshelfFlickr

I realise before anyone points it out that my photography is not very good, I understand that but wanted to show my models anyway. I have never been much good at it inspite of many years trying.

edit:- Not sure where the pictures went first time round, they were there, then not, now they are again?

Edited by Hrw-Amen

Woh!

What a find.

It's really cool to have just found it... it must have been weird seeing what you made as a kid.

Even looking back at some of the ships I made when I was just coming out of the Dark Ages seems like a whole different person. Ironically I built a similar blacktron ship :laugh:

So what are you going to do with it now? are you going to keep them intact as a reminder of your childhood? or are you going to part them and make neo-versions of these old favourites?

Woh!

What a find.

It's really cool to have just found it... it must have been weird seeing what you made as a kid.

Even looking back at some of the ships I made when I was just coming out of the Dark Ages seems like a whole different person. Ironically I built a similar blacktron ship :laugh:

So what are you going to do with it now? are you going to keep them intact as a reminder of your childhood? or are you going to part them and make neo-versions of these old favourites?

Well, actually I was not a kid but about 23ish at the time they were made, but it still was avery long time ago. I am not planning to dismantle them and they have been cleaned off and put into a better box. Not yet back in the attic though.

I am toying with the idea of updating the fragile roof of the Blacktron dropship but part of me is looking at it as history and wants to leave it alone? I am undecided?

There is another lot that I have not yet dusted so when I get around to it I will post some pictures. I hope to try that Octan ships lights over the weekend to see if they still work. I hope that they do, but we will see?

Goodness those are old, and yet not. Some more recent Spacemen then my own antiques. :blush:

Nice find! The Octan ship looks a lot like a bulky version my Sky Spear long-range fighters, and I dig the Blacktron II ships (I had both Blacktron I and II when I was a kid and was sad that I had to give them away when I was in High School).

Nice. The octan ship is my favorite, looks like a defense fighter for the tankers Octan would operate in the future.