Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

So? How did it go? Do you have any news for us? :classic:

It went well! She said yes, I actually did it on the people mover in Tomorrowland inside the Magic Kingdom. It is one of our favorite rides, and I didn't want to do something that many other people had done (IE: in front of the castle).

Unfortunately, on a lego note, I didn't find enough pieces at PAB at downtown Disney to make it worth the extra carryon price Spirit charges.

While the PAB new is disappointing....I would say that it was a trade off that was well worth it. Congratulations!

Is there any place in Historica that my Sigfig really should see? I'm almost done with my next large free-build/story; he's in Ondylion right now ( :laugh: ), I figured that (besides hitting all the guild capitals and several other cities), I should probably see if there was any other stop that simply had to be toured. Preferably one there is a good bit of knowledge about. :wink:

It went well! She said yes, I actually did it on the people mover in Tomorrowland inside the Magic Kingdom. It is one of our favorite rides, and I didn't want to do something that many other people had done (IE: in front of the castle).

Great news! Glad to hear it went well. Looking forward to more wedding-related MOCs...

Is there any place in Historica that my Sigfig really should see? I'm almost done with my next large free-build/story; he's in Ondylion right now ( :laugh: ), I figured that (besides hitting all the guild capitals and several other cities), I should probably see if there was any other stop that simply had to be toured. Preferably one there is a good bit of knowledge about. :wink:

Well, you could do an MOC of attending Dugal Maclean's engagement party :wink: . Additionally, the Great Escarpment is quite a sight. I don't think we have any Qarkyr builds so that might be a good one. Lost Vegga is always fun to visit, especially if you have some extra cash :laugh: . You could go sand-surfing on the Dune Sea. Rafting down the Zenagi River on Gorr. Hang out on a beach in the Spice Islands. You could go adventuring in the old, ruined temples in the Akhenaten Delta (watch out for the monsters). The Wither Woods are especially nice this time of year...

As for the "good bit of knowledge", we're relying on the people that make the MOCs to make up the history/backstory for each location. So you can create your own knowledge.

Well, you could do an MOC of attending Dugal Maclean's engagement party :wink: . Additionally, the Great Escarpment is quite a sight. I don't think we have any Qarkyr builds so that might be a good one. Lost Vegga is always fun to visit, especially if you have some extra cash :laugh: . You could go sand-surfing on the Dune Sea. Rafting down the Zenagi River on Gorr. Hang out on a beach in the Spice Islands. You could go adventuring in the old, ruined temples in the Akhenaten Delta (watch out for the monsters). The Wither Woods are especially nice this time of year...

As for the "good bit of knowledge", we're relying on the people that make the MOCs to make up the history/backstory for each location. So you can create your own knowledge.

Well, maybe I should have made myself clearer, I don't exactly want to do a MOC of each area they visit, just write about it (that's a lot easier :wink: ). (It did just recently occur to me that I could do a few smaller vingettes (10x10 or so) of several different locations instead of one bigger one.) That said, those are some great ideas, the party especially, I had actually been planning a visit (and in fact a banquite) with MacLean already. . . now I have a reason! :laugh: Plus, I'm going through the Wither Woods too. . . (great minds think alike eh?). Great Escarpment - I think I'll tie that in with my Challenge V build, I'm building in the desert so that will go great (in general it will give me an excuse for making the sand go straight up). :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for your ideas, I think I'll probably go with several small MOCs (and tie in the ones I've already done; Market at Queens Cross, Camping in Avalonia, and the Walls of Valholl - if the Mitgardians ever get around to letting us in!). And I'm droping one of my characters off at the University of Petraea as well.

I'm working one more day a week, so my paychecks are :thumbup:, but my build time is :thumbdown:. Hopefully I will be able to make my new schedule work for building and writing. It is good that the Nestlands have been free of the elemental attacks that have plagued most of Historica. Nestlands market should have quite a few visitors from other guilds seeking quality goods. I am also planning a trip for the Minister of External Affairs to Nocturnus. With possibly setting up an embassy.

Unfortunately, on a lego note, I didn't find enough pieces at PAB at downtown Disney to make it worth the extra carryon price Spirit charges.

While I'm a wee bit late, congratulations, my friend :classic:

While I'm a wee bit late, congratulations, my friend :classic:

Congrats from me as well! :classic:

And I've finished the first part (somewhat related. . .) of my next free-build/story, (I'm planning on doing one vingette for each section of the story, probably 4-6, all in the same thread) (click-picture-topic :grin: ):

8100202867_e17bcc9558.jpg

And now part two as well (click-picture-post)!

8105973353_00ce0f0954.jpg

Edited by Kai NRG

I was able to finish my Challenge 5 entry over the weekend, here and also finished another small project that had been lying around- here

The link box seems to have changed a bit... had to edit to get the links to work.

Edited by Mikel Kalores

I was able to finish my Challenge 5 entry over the weekend, here and also finished another small project that had been lying around- here

Glad to see you've done your challenge V, it really looks good, I'm within a hair of having the entire first section completed (and then I'll post a WIP photo here). What I need is to finish up the gardens, that's using up several pices I really need. . . (I'm just waiting for a few trans-clear and trans-red 1x1 round tiles. . . ) anyway here is (another) photo just in case any one has any last miniute suggestions. (I'm planning on using the same old thread for this but if anyone can give me a definite, "create a new thread" (or don't), it would be appreciated :wink: ):

8115724314_b685b8c75a.jpg

Ugh. It doesn't look like I'll get my challenge V entry done. Work has gone nuts in the past two weeks, I'm building some steampunk accessories for my wife's Halloween costume, and then we're going to Disneyland right before the deadline. At least I'll get to visit the LEGO store at Downtown Disney. I feel like I haven't built anything since the spring; it's so lame. Maybe work will calm down and it will continue to rain, and then I can get something built. At least there's some good news -- I bought a Grand Emporium for $103 and a Town Hall for $132 in the recent modular set sales at Walmart!

I just recently came across some manuscripts that Mikel Kalores had been working on before he left with the Alleenridders. One of which is the prologue for The Backpackers Guide to the greater Siccus Badlands. I will try and complete the guide with the research Mikel has already done. ~ Gaius Kaleci

Prologue:

My arrival in Kaliphlin was not entirely of my plans and I did not have high expectations of my future there. Being from Avalonia, it was my understanding that Kaliphlin was a dry and dusty land, where the inhabitants continually sought shelter from the relentlessly blazing sun.

It was my fate to be banished to Kaliphlin and I had accepted it, but little did I know that what I considered to be a curse would turn out to be my greatest blessing.

Having now resided in Kaliphlin for many years, I have come to realize that Kaliphlin is the richest Guild of Historica in nearly every aspect. Not only is Kaliphlin rich in financial potential with its newly discovered commercial use of Black Oil but it is also rich in culture, in geography, and climate diversity. Kaliphlin has it all, a bit from every other Guild of Historica as well as its own unique characteristics.

Kaliphlin's northwestern border shares the Witherwoods with Avalonia and it's northeastern border shares the Rakoth Mountains with Nocturnus. The Rakoth Mountain range arguably extends far north into Mitgardia and even in Kaliphlin many of Rakoth's peaks are covered in ice and snow year round. Kaliphlin's eastern coastline contains a few hidden islands and isles very similar to Avalonia's Mystic Isles however containing a slightly different species of vegetation and fauna. Kaliphlin's western and southern coasts are speckled with jungles from Barqa to the Spice Islands. As the coastal jungles end following the coast to the east, the land is swallowed up by the Dune Sea until transfroming into the semi-fertile swampland around the Qar-Akhenriver basin. The north central area is where Kaliphlin gets its derogatory reputation from. But even here there are hidden elements of beauty from the scattered oasis to the rainbow colored sandrock of the Great Escarpment. Deep beneath the surface of Kaliphlin there are large networks of caverns and tunnels rumored to extend all the way to Abyssan in Nocturnus.

Being such a diverse landmass, Kaliphlin contains many dangers and perhaps is more dangerous of a place than even Nocturnus. Whereas Nocturnus is so well known for danger that travelers are always on their guard, travelers in Kaliphlin often meet their untimely end only because they were inattentive.

So it is that I decided to write this guide, with a twofold purpose. On the one hand pointing out noteworthy destinations to visit within the Greater Siccus Badlands and on the other hand pointing out the different dangers for travelers to be attentive for.

The best of journeys to you,

Mikel Kalores

I am wondering if there are any spots left in The Guild of Kaliphlin?

More than enough! (Glad to see another ninja fan! :grin: )

Well, I should be back in full swing of building soon. After a rough month, we finally have some progress with my wife. She has a bulging disc in her neck that is pushing on her spinal cord. That is what was causing the temporary paralysis and muscle spasms. While it is not corrected yet, we are setting up a date for surgery and she should be back on her feet and walking within 2-3 days after the surgery. Thank you all for the support and kind words you offered while I was out, we are very relieved that is the cause of all of this, rather than a neurological disorder as was the fear of the doctors.

That being said, I will not have enough free time yet to get a build done for Challenge 5, but over the next couple of weeks I am hoping to do more than work, sleep, take care of her and run 4 kids around every minute I have.

That's great to hear! My brother had a bulging disc as well and he had back problems and trouble walking until the doctors figured out what was wrong. I hope are able to get time to finish your entry.

Well, I should be back in full swing of building soon. After a rough month, we finally have some progress with my wife. She has a bulging disc in her neck that is pushing on her spinal cord. That is what was causing the temporary paralysis and muscle spasms. While it is not corrected yet, we are setting up a date for surgery and she should be back on her feet and walking within 2-3 days after the surgery. Thank you all for the support and kind words you offered while I was out, we are very relieved that is the cause of all of this, rather than a neurological disorder as was the fear of the doctors.

That being said, I will not have enough free time yet to get a build done for Challenge 5, but over the next couple of weeks I am hoping to do more than work, sleep, take care of her and run 4 kids around every minute I have.

Good to hear the problem has been identified! Hope all goes well with the surgery and recovery :classic:

I, Joseph Chuikov, Pledge my allegiance to the Guild of Kaliphlin. I hail from the southern port of Baria, Where I lead the Valiant Blue knights.

PS: I Was wondering if anyone had any advice on changing the file size of a picture as 100kb is a pretty small limit

Edited by TheLegoNinja

thats good to hear! glad that she is now on a path to recovery, let it be a swift one!

its a pity about your challenge 5 but I think with your scenario thats OK, hope you get building soon!

Glad to hear things are starting to pick up again, too bad you won't be able to build for challenge five - I know MK already finished his, I'll be done in a week or so, who else is working on it?

And on another note, I have finished the botanical gardens! (Clicking the picture will take you to the topic)

8126380696_6a045b06d9.jpg

Edit: And welcome Joseph!

Edited by Kai NRG

Kayne, I am so glad you have a diagnosis. What a relief! Joseph, welcome! Great to have you with us. There is a picture resize option in Paint. Or you can link to a smaller res image in flickr.