Sign in to follow this  
CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #69: The Hook on the Other Hand

8742462205_bb870fee76_o.jpg

As the late morning sun rises up above the topmost buildings of Eubric, five heroes find themselves trailing down cobblestone streets towards a well-worn inn, known not for its luxury (or lack thereof), but for its open arms to all kinds.

untitled-15.pngMonk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces, (Played by Palathdaric)

463-year-old male "hermit" Paladin *Immune to Sealed* *Party Leader*

Level: 16

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 12

Health: 36/36

Ether: 30/30

Gold: 250

Equipment: Cross of Light (WP:10; Light; Staff), Fashionable Shield (SP:7), Ethereal Cloak (Backwear; SP:2; Max Ether +4), Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear; SP: 3; Max Ether +5, immune to "Sealed")

Inventory: Heavy Flail (WP: 5; deals "Fragile" effect; Mace), Flying Cross (WP:6; Darkness, Fire, Wind; Broomstick), Steak (WP:1, instantly kills vampires on successful hits, suitable for all), Potion (2), Grand Potion (4), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Ether Core (2), Remedy (2), Soma, Phoenix Essence, Neutralizer, Venom (2), Deadly Venom (5), Paralyzing Venom (2), Smoke Bomb (5), Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used, limited to three uses per quest), Bone (3), Tasty Pretzel (Consumable) - 1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption., Tricorn (Headwear; SP:3), Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle)

IMG_2647edit3.jpgErik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn)

19 years old male human barbarian. *Diplomatic* *Immune to Water*

Level: 12.5

Defense: 1

Health: 19/19

Gold: 7

Equipment: Titanic Axe (WP:11, Earth-elemental, has 1/6 chances of inflicting petrified-effect; axe), Peacekeepers totem (Grants the "Diplomacy"-job trait; suitable to Erik only; accessory), Sharkskin Armour (SP +1, immune to water; bodywear)

Inventory: Voltedge (WP: 13, Lightning-elemental; greatsword/longsword), Spear (WP: 9), 2 Death Progg claws, 4 Bones, Barbarian's Boots (Natural Respite>Restoration; footwear)

photo-thumb-28776.jpg?_r=1353304201Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

1000 year old Male Vampire Black Knight *Immune to Stunned, Water and Fire*

Level: 16

Defense: 9

Health: 36/36

Gold: 7

Equipment: Crow-Claw Dagger (WP: 6, 50/50 chance to stun enemy on successful attack, Darkness), Gloves of the Undead Assassin (For every enemy the wearer kills, it gains 5 HP, Immunity to Water, Usable by anyone, Handgear), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect), Impervious Shield (SP: 5) (Grants immunity to Fire)

Inventory: Venom x4, Bedroll, Remedy, Smelling Salts x3, Mead x2, Shuriken (WP:5, Wind), Net (if used in combat, 1/3 chance to slow enemy, 1/3 chance to be useless, 1/3 chance slow self, lasts 3 rounds, retrievable),Nostrum x2, Throwing Dagger (WP:3) Fauxthril Scythe (WP:5), Bone, Bow (WP: 4), Scroll of Ice Armour, Psuedos Hood (can damage undead with normal attacks), Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Soma

8574005437_7a2a7f52d2_o.jpgNessa AnĂ¡rion

59 years old female elven Ranger

Level: 13

Power Bonus: 1 WP, + 3 to Werewolf, +4 to Aquatic Vermin

Defense: 2

Health: 19

Gold: 180

Equipment: Darkness Silver Crossbow with Raven-Slayer Bolts and Newty Mag (WP: 7 (WP: +3 vs. werefolk (removable)) (WP: +4 vs. Aquatic vermin (removable) (usable by ex-Amphibians only)), Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1), Ranger's Cowl (SP: 2, usable by Rangers only (Headwear))

Inventory: Bedroll, Magic Compass, Venom (3), Nostrum (2), Mead, Smelling Salts

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs)

unknown age, unknown race Druid *Immune to Fragile*

Level: 22.66

Power Bonus: 1 WP, 7 under negative effect

Defense: 4

Health: 38/38

Ether: 25/25

Gold: 84

Equipment: Shrapnel Bow (WP: 10, Bow. Every successful hit drops the target's SP by 1) , Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile), Hide of The Suffering (Bodywear, Power +7 when under a negative status effect. Doesn't stack.)

Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 1 Venom, 1 Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 1 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Floral Bomb, 6 Bones, Trial Brew x3, Helmet (Max. health +1), Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills), Emerald, 20-20 glasses (headwear, +1 turn of effect for scrolls), Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Journal of The Bleeding,Tale of the Invincible King, Psych Documents, Journal of The Wound, Suffering's Journal

I Pie'd your stats to make them more accessible to me, you can just add the items to your Statistics if you want to keep them your inefficient way. :tongue:

On the first step inside, they find an irritated-looking creature slinging drinks to a most unsavory-looking individual...

8797901966_f750f52ac0_c.jpg

...and off to the right, they note an excited bard blowing away at his bagpipes behind a tip jar and a solitary hooded girl in the corner....

8797970122_2075b1db3b_c.jpg

...towards the left, a shady mercenary-type is speaking to a bright orange woman....thing.....

8787388805_6b0738a643_c.jpg

...and in the back sits the familiar woman in red seen hovering around the Quest board in the hall, giving the heroes a brief wave.

8787388705_14f348e42e_c.jpg

Also, the heroes decide not to dwell on the suspiciously similar-looking walls. They have more important things to focus on. Obviously.

Welcome to the Quest, I'm glad to have you all. :sweet: Feel free to talk around the bar, but I won't really begin until everybody confirms.

Sylph, having done his shopping, approached the inn, noting the beautiful Dawn, whos radiance was only marred by the buildins and the smoke from their chimneys. "And with the Dawn comes the sun, the moon set upon this side of Nature." Sylph mused to himself before opening the door of the inn. Sylph surveyed the room and narrowed in on their benefactor. He approached her.

"Good morning Mam." he stated. "I assume you are Sofia Kalraf?" He asked.

The woman looks up. She bears a soft smile on her face, but it does little to hide her obvious grief. Nonetheless, she seems to try and avoid dwelling on her thoughts for too long.

8742461935_848c6bf4c7_t.jpg

"That would be me, yes. And you are Sylph Solanum?"

Nessa reached the inn her pockets full of new items. "Now what is this?" She went over to her party member. "My name is Nessa AnĂ¡rion. Elven Ranger. Who are you?"

OOC: updated stats

The woman looks up. She bears a soft smile on her face, but it does little to hide her obvious grief. Nonetheless, she seems to try and avoid dwelling on her thoughts for too long.

"That would be me, yes. And you are Sylph Solanum?"

"Indeed." Stated Sylph humbly. "So, your mentor was murdered? Here? Do you have any idea who might want your mentor dead?" Sylph asked.

Nessa reached the inn her pockets full of new items. "Now what is this?" She went over to her party member. "My name is Nessa AnĂ¡rion. Elven Ranger. Who are you?"

OOC: updated stats

"Ah, Hello." Stated Sylph warmly upon being greeted by Nessa. "I am Sylph Solanum. Druid. We both have a connection to nature it seems. Wonderful."

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"It is good to meet you Sylph, and you as well, Nessa. I'm happy to meet anyone who's willing to help out a stranger, whether it's your job or not. Like I mentioned, I have no idea who would want Rorik dead...we're both from Vartland, and he was a very reputable trader there, but...well, it's not like Eubric, the merchant families aren't always in a squabble for power. I'll let you search his room once your companions arrive, I didn't touch anything in there yet, so any evidence is still....well....fresh."

Sofia looked around for a moment, and dropped her voice.

"If you'd like to get a head start, you may want to ask around the bar. It's a small, low-key inn, so I doubt very many outside of it knew he was even here..."

Edited by CallMePie

Erik entered the inn, and crossed over to Sofia Kalraf and the party. He introduced himself before walking towards the bar, tossing a coin into the tip jar of the bard as he passed.

"How much for a drink, sir?"

Edited by Myrddyn

"It is good to meet you Sylph, and you as well, Nessa. I'm happy to meet anyone who's willing to help out a stranger, whether it's your job or not. Like I mentioned, I have no idea who would want Rorik dead...we're both from Vartland, and he was a very reputable trader there, but...well, it's not like Eubric, the merchant families aren't always in a squabble for power. I'll let you search his room once your companions arrive, I didn't touch anything in there yet, so any evidence is still....well....fresh."

Sofia looked around for a moment, and dropped her voice.

"If you'd like to get a head start, you may want to ask around the bar. It's a small, low-key inn, so I doubt very many outside of it knew he was even here..."

"What manner of wares do you trade in? How recently did you arrive in Eubric, and... did you mention why you came here? I'm pleased to know you left the room in its state. It must have been... difficult."

Sylph eyed the bar, noting the new figure. He seemed somewhat familiar, as if Sylph had seen him recently before. it must have been someone from Heroica.

Dreyrugr walks off at sunrise. The sun burns his eyes but he was used to it. Dreyrugr walks into the inn taking note of the variety of creatures. He sees the woman who hired them as well as two heroes he had met before so Dreyrugr pulls up a chair.

"I'm Dreyrugr" he simply stated. It seemed that even 1000 years of getting used to early mornings was not enough.

He introduced himself before walking towards the bar, tossing a coin into the tip jar of the bard as he passed.

The bard looked elated as Erik tossed him a coin.

8742462197_a64930c7ae_t.jpg

"Thank you, good sir!"

He looked eager for more, or maybe just a conversation, but Erik was already at the bar.

"How much for a drink, sir?"

8743579058_47937cee2d_t.jpg

"Got plenty'a drinkssir," the bartender half-growled.

The Inn of the Winking Gargoyle

8788136313_bd38a75526_t.jpg Ambrosia - Causes the reinforced-effect, double the target's defense for the duration of one battle. Costs 43 gold.

heroica-flamedistilledbrandy_zpsdf2a04e2.jpgFlame-distilled Brandy - Causes the encouraged- and the immune to ice-effects for the duration of one battle. Costs 23 gold.

heroica-mulledwine.jpgMulled Wine - Causes the inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle. Costs 48 gold.

heroica-rum.jpgRum - The favorite drink of any common pirate, giving it to them makes them your friend. Does not work on pirate leaders, though. Costs 7 gold.

Edited by CallMePie

Dreyrugr walks off at sunrise. The sun burns his eyes but he was used to it. Dreyrugr walks into the inn taking note of the variety of creatures. He sees the woman who hired them as well as two heroes he had met before so Dreyrugr pulls up a chair.

"I'm Dreyrugr" he simply stated. It seemed that even 1000 years of getting used to early mornings was not enough.

"I'm Sylph. Sylph Solanum." Sylph stated simply.

"What manner of wares do you trade in? How recently did you arrive in Eubric, and... did you mention why you came here? I'm pleased to know you left the room in its state. It must have been... difficult."

"Assorted wares, mostly generic supplies. Clothing, food, liquor...we were into the cloth business, but prices have been all over the place in the past month or so ago for some reason. We arrived hardly a week ago, we were to negotiate some new trade agreements with the shops. I guess he was hoping we could expand to Eubric, but there's barely any space between the Hinckwells and the Shadeuax."

"Yes, I wasn't....entirely sure what to do when I...I found him, and I didn't feel at all comfortable leaving him there, but...anything that'll you help you bring this murderer to justice."

"It's good to meet you two as well. I believe that just leaves your party leader. Then we can go upstairs, unless you want to investigate the bar some more."

"Assorted wares, mostly generic supplies. Clothing, food, liquor...we were into the cloth business, but prices have been all over the place in the past month or so ago for some reason. We arrived hardly a week ago, we were to negotiate some new trade agreements with the shops. I guess he was hoping we could expand to Eubric, but there's barely any space between the Hinckwells and the Shadeuax."

"I see." Stated Sylph plainly. "I know little of business or politics, but I am aware that the two Trade Families seem to possess an inordinate quantity of power here in Eubric. I just meant to ask to determine if he might have perhaps gotten into a deal with the wrong individual or, organization... But from what you tell me that wouldn't seem to be the case. What about the day of the incident. Did anything unusual occur? Did you see your mentor talking with any strangers outside of business?"

"I'm Sylph. Sylph Solanum." Sylph stated simply.

Dreyrugr nodded to acknowledge Sylph's statement and then turned his face to their employer.

"Yes it really wouldn't be a good idea to get caught up in the cloth trade right now it has been crazy, not that you can do much about it now. Is there anything of important value that your mentor possessed that would create an incentive to kill?

"I see." Stated Sylph plainly. "I know little of business or politics, but I am aware that the two Trade Families seem to possess an inordinate quantity of power here in Eubric. I just meant to ask to determine if he might have perhaps gotten into a deal with the wrong individual or, organization... But from what you tell me that wouldn't seem to be the case. What about the day of the incident. Did anything unusual occur? Did you see your mentor talking with any strangers outside of business?"

"Like I said, we barely even had any competition, much less any rivals that would go as far as to kill him to take him out of business."

"It was fairly early...I came straight from my room and into his so we could get a start on the day touring the markets, and...there he was."

"Yes it really wouldn't be a good idea to get caught up in the cloth trade right now it has been crazy, not that you can do much about it now. Is there anything of important value that your mentor possessed that would create an incentive to kill?

"He was the head of his own merchant company, but as far as physical possessions, no. He was much more a norseman than I ever was, he hardly ever put any stock in luxuries for himself. He only placed true value in influence and sway, not gemstones nor jewelry."

At the bar, Erik winced. "Sorry, I don't quite have enough money for any of them at the moment."

He stepped away, and wandered over to the bard again. He leant against the wall, smiled, and nodded his head along with the music.

The thankful bard (whose jar was totally empty save Erik's coin) noted his benefactor walked over, and suddenly struck up a slow, powerful tune, reminiscent of the low, booming beat of war drums as an army would march forth. It sounded...well, off, on the bagpipes, but Erik couldn't help but feel rather Inspired by the music.

IMG_2647edit3.jpgErik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn)

19 years old male human barbarian. *Diplomatic* *Inspired* *Immune to Water*

Level: 12.5

Defense: 1

Health: 19/19

Gold: 6

Equipment: Titanic Axe (WP:11, Earth-elemental, has 1/6 chances of inflicting petrified-effect; axe), Peacekeepers totem (Grants the "Diplomacy"-job trait; suitable to Erik only; accessory), Sharkskin Armour (SP +1, immune to water; bodywear)

Inventory: Voltedge (WP: 13, Lightning-elemental; greatsword/longsword), Spear (WP: 9), 2 Death Progg claws, 4 Bones, Barbarian's Boots (Natural Respite>Restoration; footwear)

Edited by CallMePie

OoC: Oooh! Let's all pay 1 gp to get inspired! :drool: Also, Erik, before we get into a fight, I'm going to lend you my Hide and Seal you.

"Like I said, we barely even had any competition, much less any rivals that would go as far as to kill him to take him out of business."

"It was fairly early...I came straight from my room and into his so we could get a start on the day touring the markets, and...there he was."

"Interesting. Thank you. I'm sure if I can think of any other questions, I'll be able to ask you once we get to the room. I think I'll question the guests..." Sylph nodded his head slightly, and slowly walked towards the bar.

"A bottle of rum please?" Sylph asked the bartender, not really caring if he got a reply, but placing 8 gold coins on the table, keeping whatever remained. He sat down on the stool. He looked over at the unsavory individual. "You seem familiar." He stated in a gruff voice. "Do I know you?..."

(OoC: Sylph's bluffing, he wasn't on 28.)

Edited by Dannylonglegs

OoC: Oooh! Let's all pay 1 gp to get inspired! :drool: Also, Erik, before we get into a fight, I'm going to lend you my Hide and Seal you.

That's evil......do it, do it, do it.

"Could you tell me of people who knew him personally and recent things that happened between them and how their relations were before those events?"

That's evil......do it, do it, do it.

To give credit where credit is due, that's actually TBW's strategy. I kept the Hide and the scroll though! :devil:

"A bottle of rum please?" Sylph asked the bartender, not really caring if he got a reply, but placing 8 gold coins on the table, keeping whatever remained. He sat down on the stool.

The weremutt handed over a sealed bottle of Rum to Sylph, scooping up the 7 coins as well as the single coin as a tip.

8743579058_47937cee2d_t.jpg

"Thankssir," he growled.

He looked over at the unsavory individual. "You seem familiar." He stated in a gruff voice. "Do I know you?..."

8742461975_df80a3ba03_t.jpg

"Don't think so, unless ye' got a lady under that armor with ye'," the man slurred.

"Could you tell me of people who knew him personally and recent things that happened between them and how their relations were before those events?"

Sofia shrugs.

"Too many to count. Rorik liked to associate himself closely with his business partners and shippers and such, he made acquaintances anywhere he could."

Edited by CallMePie

"Too many to count. Rorik liked to associate himself closely with his business partners and shippers and such, he made acquaintances anywhere he could."

"Anything radical happen recently, good or bad?"

"It may be hard", Nessa said warmly. "But may you describe what happened to your mentor? Also...", she paused. "Have you been in any further relationship with him?"

"It may be hard", Nessa said warmly. "But may you describe what happened to your mentor? Also...", she paused. "Have you been in any further relationship with him?"

"I didn't wait to look for long....I...believe he was cut across the throat. And....well, no."