Sandy

Heroica RPG - Grogmas Gifts

One winter morning when the champions lingering in Eubric stepped into the Heroica Hall, they were met with a peculiar sight: all the Veterans were there to greet them, dressed in red. A large conifer tree had been brought inside and decorated.

heroica-grogmas.jpg

heroicanpc-fathergrogmas.jpg

"Ho ho ho! Have you been naughty or nice, heroes? Well, it doesn't matter because on Grogmas Day everything is forgiven and forgotten, so Merry Grogmas to each and every one of you!"

The heroes just stared at the bearded orc in puzzlement.

"Not familiar with Grogmas, are you? Can't blame you, it's an orcish tradition stemming from the days of Grog the Red, a tribal chieftain known for his extraordinary generosity. Once a year, he gave away valuable treasures from his hoard to all the members of his tribe, as well as the chieftains of some neighbouring tribes. But he did this in the dead of the night, so that nobody knew it was him. Not until he was murdered by a greedy rivalling chieftain. Since were talking about orcs of olden days here, war and bloodshed ensued, but the memory of the good will of Grog still lingered. Even now, for one day in the year, orcs everywhere forget their feuds and anger, and give gifts to their loved ones through me, Father Grogmas, the spirit of the generous chieftain."

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"We Veterans - and... ahem, Father Grogmas here - thought that we should spread this tradition of generosity and kindness forward as well. So on this day, let us remember those important to us with nice thoughts, forgive their misdeeds and forget all quarrels. I'm not sure how the tree fits the picture, though... Maybe you can shed some light on that, Feath... I mean, Father Grogmas?"

"Trees are a rare sight on Baltorak, so it became a habit to bring one into each household, decorate it on Grogmas Day and then chop it for firewood on the next day. It is also customary to eat and rest well on Grogmas Day, since in the days of yore it was the only day when you could be certain that nobody would kill you for food or in your sleep."

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Eh... How charming..."

~*To celebrate this Grogmas Day, all players can suggest a gift related to Heroica RPG to give to some other player. All you must do is to state what gift you wish to be given to who, and why. The best suggestions will be fulfilled, as judged by myself. You have until the end of December to suggest gifts.*~

A magical diamond ring with the word "Galice" etched into it. 1/6 chance of stunning the targeted enemy on a successful hit/ shield. 1/3 chance versus Proggs. Sent to Galen.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

A scroll entitled the Scroll of the Thoughful Genius. Causes the effected to dream up brilliant ideas. (asleep effect for three rounds then inspired effect for duration of a battle) Sent to Arthur, to help him come up with new inventions and plans, receive new inspiration, and hopefully give him the time to think carefully before he makes a rash decision, a decision like De'kra has made in the past.

A copy of "Fifty Shades of Bley" for Alexis (Masked Builder) for sensual reading. And also, to advance classes. :wink:

Barty soars towards the Hall, grumbling all the way. Eventually he lands on the shoulder of Copper Fox.

"Ridiculous, Copper Fox. You give him an angel and he turns me into some sort of carrier pidgeon. And he's a long winded writer. Humph."

Copper Fox notices that a nice little letter has been tied to Barty's leg. He unfurls it with a chuckle and passes it over to Father Grogmas.

Hello Veterans! Word on the street is that you're doing a friendly little give-away, and since I'm not in the Hall but am in Eubric, I figured I might go ahead and ask for a few things for my friends.

-For the beautiful and talented Nyx - I'd like her to get some mead. And some mulled wine. And hell, a flaming gumball, if you can figure out how to send it.

-For my dear friend Ellaria - That someone help her get her child back. Why have you not helped her yet? I would willingly volunteer if you put together a search party. But, in the mean time, give her some good cheer to fill her hopes. Maybe a Scroll of Luck would suit her well, she may need it.

-For Cinna the Dark - A less troubled soul, more certainty in herself. Also, maybe a amethyst, if she doesn't have it yet. And if she does, a diamond. And if she's got those, I think she's pretty well off as it is.

-For my friend Atramor - Discipline.

-For myself - Something to drink. I've forgotten to bring some again. Why do I always leave the Hall and never remember to bring a drink?! Also, I'd like to see my friends Eric and Tesni again, and share a drink with them. It has been too long.

-For all those I've met in Heroica, be it Thothwick, Haldor, or even the Ogre Skrall - I wish them peace in this time. Or at least easy battles.

-For Barty - A less talkative personality.

Hmm. Cronk would like to ask Father Grogmas to send:

-Grand Potion to Galen. If friend Galen wishes to pursue strange creature as significant other, Galen may need it.

-New Shoes for friend Nyx. Nyx always talk about shoes. Cronk not know why.

-Lucky Dice for Rufindel. If any friend needed one, Rufindel does.

- A Lover's Lockett to Alexis, maybe it'll convince her to go back to Althior.

- A Spellcaster's Headband (Increases the power of all magic attacks by the level of the user, but prevents physical attacks.) to Arthur, hopefully he'll stop trying to dash about and give everyone orders if he's standing at the back firing spells.

- For Dyric, some Winged Sandals, in case he finds himself late for a quest in the future.

An ether core to Sorrow, because we all know how much he loves them :wink:

A healthy apple to Barty-Bart Docken, because he needs to keep in shape.

1000 gold to myself, because I need moar gold for upgrades and imbuing gems :tongue:

A cat statuette to Monk Pretzel, because he shouldn't have to make snippy comments alone...

Sorrow, A prog's skull.

Benji Carvenhall gets a Handcannon,

Monk pretzel, A diamond, of the rarest kind.

Nagure, A fur coat for the sake of it

Ellaria, staff of mind control. Allows ultimate control over her party and over the qm

and for erdy, the amulet of optimism. Attacks confuse enemies.

Edited by Skyrimguy

A small letter, in neat handwriting fell down. Written was the following:

To Hybros, both the shortest, but quite possibly the bravest of Heroica's heroes, I wish a Diamond. Perhaps it's Light will help him in his struggle to find out more about his origins, shrouded in darkness. and help him light up the strange world he was so suddenly thrown into.

To the Paladin Maurice, I wish an Armband of Detect Traps - Automatically warns the wearer of any traps or protective spells, whenever the wearer is about to set them off ,for while his intentions are pure, he could use some help not of the divine kind.

To the elf Nerwen, I wish a Magic Spyglass - Allows the wearer to see through any illusions, and let's you see how things really are. I hope it will continue to help her see clearly, and help her see that the actions of a certain rogue aren't always meant the way they seem.

To the self-proclaimed King from a kingdom no one has heard of, "Lord" Lawrence Boomingham, I wish a bottle of fine Metasimian Ale. Perhaps the old coot can appreciate the exclusivity and the slight danger to drinking such a beverage. Or it could affect his mind, perhaps ridding him from the illusions he seems to believe in himself.

To the gentleman-barbarian, Tarn Valco, I wish a suit of Strivvian Darksteel Armour - SP: 6, + 3 Health. Where I'm from, Darksteel armour is reserved for the best and most honorable warriors, the metal itself priceless, and unable to be retrieved from molten down weapons. Valco is without a doubt the warrior with the greatest heart in Heroica's Hall. A heart that is worth being protected by the best armour.

Signed, von Hellsong.

Edited by Scubacarrot

An ether core to Sorrow, because we all know how much he loves them :wink:

:roflmao::laugh_hard: I agree, ether core to Sorrow.

How about... a package of different kinds of bombs to somebody? Someone will have to help me develop this idea.

Sorrow - Ether Core (because they're a part of his being :poke: )

Alexis - embued Scroll of Chastity (so that no one needs to do this: :facepalm::grin: )

Finnegan - she-Aura (since he wants it so bad. :sing: )

Thormanil - 20x Grating Stones (so he can actually deal some damage to Docken :look: )

Erdathcath - 5x Venom (cause she's a collector. :sceptic: )

Amma - Scroll of Inspiration (so she won't be so grumpy :classic: )

Costy - WP: 1 Dagger of Minimization [deals Minimized effect] (cause I'd love to see him fight with that weapon when he gets into the advanced classes)

En Sabah Nur - Scroll of Luck

Haldor - Free Shave

Hybros - Cloak of the Red Assassin (all the way!!!)

Maurice - Freedom!!! :sing:

Sorrow: Cloak of the reeper. - Allows him to reap in gold, increasing gold earned from his shield by 25%

Thotwik: Bannana saber. -Because he's an ape.

Thalion: Sock of freedom! - He calls everyone master and he's an elf so he must be related to dobby!

Sarge: Pegleg of Hastening. - Grogmas was his idea after all!

Nessa: Opal. - Pretty much self explanitory for anyone who's read her backstory.

Amma: Grumpy old lady hat (Suitable only for grumpy females, enemies under the wearer's level are afraid.) -Because the dwarf needs clothes that matches her personality

Dreyrugr: Scythe of farm implementation. - Cuts necks and corn alike very easily!

Hybros: Cloak of the red assasin. -So he doesn't die of wanting it!

Just trying to get include the people who haven't been mentioned before aswell as the usual..

Also I haven't been active much due to family and christmas!

:angry:

Edited by HeinzWilhelm

Monk - 25 bones (but they have to be demonic ones :poke: )

Eric - 3 Bottles of Rum, which can be consumed for 10 health, then used as melee weapons.

Maurice - 1 of every Holy item.

Benji - 1 Bow of Patience (can't be used first round, but next round the attack is double, and 75% chance to hit)

Sorrow - 1 Ether core (why not join the bandwagon?)

En Sabah Nur - 3 Random Scrolls for his collection.

Sorrow - 1 Ether core (why not join the bandwagon?)

Vote: Erdathcath: The_Customizer for jumping on the bandwagon.

Barty Docken: Quiver of Protection: Inflicts enemies with the "slowed" effect (to further protect him from those pesky free hits) otherwise the Bow of Paralyzing (same effect)

Dyric: Second lucky die with ability to stack "lucky" effect (because he's so darn unlucky!)

I think that one lucky mage or cleric (original class) should find a Snowball Wand (WP: 6) in their stocking! This magical, winter-y wand would be upgradeable, deal Ice-elemental damage, and have upon a successful damage roll, should have a further 3-in-6 chance (on a second roll of 1, 2 or 3) to launch a snowball that causes an additional [WP] of damage. If a snowball is successfully thrown, there should be a 2-in-6 chance (a third roll, 1 or 2) that instead of a snowball, the wielder decides to be naughty and throws an iceball, dealing 2xWP instead of the WP of a regular snowball. Further, if an iceball is thrown, there would be a 1-in-6 chance that the target takes 3xWP instead of 2xWP in damage and suffers the stunned effect from the impact of iceball-to-the-face!

Merry Grogmas to whichever poor QM's have to deal with those rolls! :grin:

Sorrow- Drake's Torch- 50% chance to deal hastened effect on all party members (Feel lucky he did get you something)

Edited by xxlrocka

To Cronk from Ansar the Gardener: A basket full of fresh home-grown vegetables, +5 health to entire party if cooked in a kettle

To Alexis from Fat Mats the Chef: A big thermos with hot soup. No need to worry about being late for the meals.

To Haldor from Najdalena the Novice: A letter with a ticket to the theater in Bric'lin next week.

Merry Grogmas from the House of Ennoc's Children!

Maybe Sorrow can have his name scratched on to my torch.

50% chance he will have his name scratched on, good enough, his name shall be remembered as long as that torch stands.

But my name will have to be on the other side, okay?

Hoptet walked into the hall and produced a letter from Thothwick, who had already written his list to Father Grogmas, before departing on his Quest.

To Hoptet: A pendant, that bestows the permanent blessing of Orang Pendek.

To the entire Ziegfried clan: The safe return of Bluto.

To Ms. Skuld, and her entire family of Norn women living in the hovels: A large farmstead on Uland to call their own.

To Mr. Sicariul: A map of Eubric, in the hopes he finds the Heroica headquarters once more.

To Mr. Guts: A bottle of Metasimian Ale, in the hopes that a taste of my homeland may assist in him permanently deleting the term 'Ape' from his vocabulary.

To Mr. Harkenshire: A Vial of Demon Repellent (accessory: allows the wearer to be invulnerable to attacks from Demons), in the hopes he stays out of the stomachs of Demons in the future.

To Lady Wren, Baba and Atramor: A noose, and a 'Scroll of Suicide'.

Upon the hearth, the Veterans find a letter, addressed to Father Grogmas. From whom, it does not say, but there is a note:

On behalf of Arthur, a Sorcerer of your organization who would participate if he knew of the tradition, and if he were not currently occupied with defending this city,

*To Byblos the Librarian, mastery of the knowledge of the Pandemonicon, and security in the knowledge of that mastery, that he may repair his friendship with young Arthur,

*To Sir Cronk, a divine cloak that transfers the wearer's Effects to the rest of their party as long as their Guardian Angel is present (suitable to Paladins)

*To Sir Alexandre, a pair of boots that allow the wearer to gain a Free Hit on a SHIELD roll in addition to their normal action (suitable to anyone)

*To Haldor Skovgaard, a Charm of Patience (that coincidentally grants the Diplomacy skill to the wearer)

*To Nyx, a Hood of Sylvania

*To the Lion Knights, contact with the Norns

*To Atramor Gibbin, a bandana that allows him to use his SHIELD at will for the cost of 10 Ether in battle or 5 outside of it.

*To De'kra, a Kanohi Mask that allows the user to cast elemental spells through their imbued weapon (suitable only for De'kra), or else a Kanohi Mask of Healing (a Kanohi that allows its user to heal others (but not themselves). In order for the Kanohi to work, the user needs to have a basic understanding of the wounds or illnesses that need curing. The speed of the healing depends on the user's willpower and the condition that needs curing.)

*To Lord Lawrence Boomingham, a Scroll of Haggling (user may expend 5 Ether to cast the Haggler effect [bearer may make next shop transaction at half price, may sell items for double their value] on the target, 50/50 chance of success. Failure results in the same amount of Ether expended, but applies the Bad Haggler effect [bearer must pay double on next shop transaction, may only sell items for half their value] on the target. Invalid at the Marketplace, may not be imbued.)

*To Hybros, a Cloak of the Red Assassin

*To Skrall, a Merry Bow

*To Bartholomew Docken, a Focus Sash (bodywear, attacks that would otherwise KO the user leave them at 1 HP instead; only effective at or above full health, suitable for anyone)

Coal* to everybody suggesting I get an ether core!

*Coal: Single-use item. Hurl it at an enemy to do an guaranteed 1 damage... Woohoo.

On behalf of Dyric Rone, I give to you these items of my homeland, may they serve you well

- To Arthur Regulus, a Duplovian Helmet (Which grants one a steady mind, and thus the Hastened effect) so you have a chance if our quarrels ever do become a fight.

- To Haldor, a Book on Love by the Duplovian author Zim Tahn (WP:2), because there are times you don't quite seem to get it.

- To Skrall, a Duplovian Hunting Bow (Badly Poisoned, WP:12) for your further battles against chaos.

- To Docken, a Shield of Duplovian Royalty (SP: 20) to make you even more invincible.

- To Guts, some Duplovian Goggles of Staring (adds Poisoned affect to all attacks) to aid you as you sit and watch your enemies burn for several rounds.

- To Dak, a Duplovian Knife (Throwable, Lucky: WP: 10) so you can actually hit something with your knife.

And to those of you who aren't of Heroica,

- To Eyric Rone, a letter reporting what I've been up to. Merry Grogmas, brother!

- To The Dark Lady Wren, my regards, and a merciless death.

- To Sir Poletad, an English-Froglish dictionary, so that you can educate all in your language.

A mysterious letter arrives with no sender. Inside it says the following.

Some gifts that I think will serve their purpose with these particular owners.

-To Erik Tyravarr - to the barbarian who dislikes fighting a peacekeepers headband (on a roll of 2 or 3 a truce is called so that for the rest of the round one cannot use offensive attacks or items. Also grants Diplomacy).

-To Thalion - one who seems to dislike fighting but fights when necessary a cloak of the elven spy. Perhaps this will give him advanced knowledge to help him finish his fights a bit faster.