Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Baritones Day 7-Grave Mistakes

day_07_01.jpg

At the end of Day 6 the citizens of Moonlight asked one of the construction workers to shoot Rhonda for them...

day_07_02.jpg

After searching her belongings and house, it turned up that Rhonda was, in fact, an innocent citizen with no night actions. The good people of Moonlight, feeling defeated, turned in for the night, agreeing once again to meet at Ivan's in the morning.

day_07_03.jpg

After a seemingly uneventful night, everyone showed up at Ivan's looking rather tired and worried, especially old Carter, who didn't look like he could take much more of the stress. Ivan limped heavily, yet cheerfully prepared breakfast for everyone...

Rules:

You have all been sent instructions by PM explaining who you are and what your objectives/night actions are. Read these PMs very carefully. They are very clear on what you need to do in order to win this game. Make sure you understand what it is your character needs to do in order to win. The information is there for you, make sure you understand it.

Each day of the game will consist of a day and a night. During the day, you have the option to condemn one citizen of Moonlight to be executed. You are a group of vigilantes now, taking the law into your own hands to gain back control of your streets. Only at the beginning of the next day will you learn if you've killed a fellow Citizen or a Baritone. The day will last for four real time days or until a conviction is made. If no conviction is made, then no one is executed. Once the day is over, the night begins which is when you can PM your night actions to me.

To vote for another player, your vote must appear in bold in this format Vote: (Name of player or character). In order for a player to be convicted they must be condemned by a majority of the players. On Day 7, a player must have 4 votes to be condemned.

If you have any questions, please ask in the discussion thread or PM me.

Please remember:

1. You cannot edit your posts.
  2. You must be active in the game to retain your position as a participant.
  3. Your votes must appear in bold.
  4. If you have Night Actions, make sure to PM them to me when the Day ends.

Players:

Adam - Al killed by a fire during Night 2

AgentRick57 - Rhonda condemned during Day 6

Bob the Construction Man - Betty condemned during Day 4

DJ Force - Florence killed during Night 1

Dragonator - Darlene

ImperialShadows - Ivan

IScreamClone - Iris condemned during Day 5

lego12 - Lee killed during Night 1

Norrington - Neal condemned on Day 2

Pencoin - Pete killed during Day 6

professor flitwick - Flint killed during Night 4

ptdapen - Mayor condemned on Day 3

Quarryman - Steve

randomparrot - Patty killed by Carter during Night 2

Sir Dillon - Dillon

Skinny Boy - Carter

stash2sixx - Stan killed during Day 4

Thomas B. - Tom killed during Night 1

Trexxen - Trekk killed by a fire during Night 2

VBBN - Veronica killed during Night 4

White Fang - Sky

So here we sit again, glad to be having another day of the living, but not so happy with failure. Compounding that with the little cut I got last night and I am not in a particularly good mood, but I know we are not far from the victory, so that is good point.

I am missing Florence, though. :cry_sad:

What? Oh this little thing? You are wanting to see? *uncovers 8" knife wound, which makes more than one of those nearby look away for fear of losing their breakfast* Yes, little cut. I have had worse. I hope to return favour to one who did it, soon as we are knowing who that is.

Tell me, Carter... you should be having good life about now. You say you not under thumbses of Baritones since godfathermotherwhatever killed, so why you looking so worn? What have you been up to, I mean, how have you been passing time? Hmmm?

How about rest of you? Night been quiet? No little runnings around in the darknesses? Maybe someone has learninged something they would liking to share?

*glances around the room*

Night has been rather peaceful at my residence... I am very worried that the last Baritones seemed to have an "unique ability" of killing someone in the day, instead of the night. Maybe, I am reading in too deep... Take a look, Pete was gunned down in broad daylight... It could be a possiblity that the person whom done that, might be a Citizen too . Stan, the arsonist has been killed during the day. It can't be random shooting... Unfortunately, we have limited knowledge of our abilites... This is not going to deter us...

There is only a few clues left... Ivan, someone attacked you while you are checking out someone and someone assaulted you? Carter was affilated with the Baritones, by owning them heavy debts, but have eliminate the first "Godfather", Patty for us.

I need to sit down, and organise my thoughts again. Let me find my brush...

Add on: Just thought of something, perhaps the person whom killed Stan could be a Baritones too... Anyway, I don't think citizens are blessed with such powerful ability. My reasoning could be, the Baritones could have aim Stan as they might knew he is the Arsonist... How I think I know? Because Iris is one of the Baritones whom knew clearly that is the Arsonist, and shared with the rest. Stan, the arsonist takes no side... That's why, the Baritones see him as a threat, and feared he might burned down their gang members...

There is only a few clues left... Ivan, someone attacked you while you are checking out someone and someone assaulted you?

The only fact I am having is that the person I was attacked by was wearing the sunglasses at night and was not Steve. It could have been anybody elses. OH MY!

I always wonder what happen to his career. Now he attacking peoples in night. So sad. :sceptic:
Add on: Just thought of something, perhaps the person whom killed Stan could be a Baritones too... Anyway, I don't think citizens are blessed with such powerful ability.

I'm not following the logics here, I never have doubt Stan-killer was Baritone. Did you? I thought it obvious Iris was knowing of arsonist, and maybe for fear Baritones kill him. Are you suggesting that maybe another not-Baritone but not-citizen is doing bad things, like attacking me? Could it be unrelated serial killer, or someone who not liking borscht? Or Corey Hart? :cry_sad:

I'm not following the logics here, I never have doubt Stan-killer was Baritone. Did you? I thought it obvious Iris was knowing of arsonist, and maybe for fear Baritones kill him. Are you suggesting that maybe another not-Baritone but not-citizen is doing bad things, like attacking me? Could it be unrelated serial killer, or someone who not liking borscht? Or Corey Hart? :cry_sad:

What I meant is, Stan was defintely murdered by a Baritones, and that is what I suspected. I don't think citizens have the ability to kill someone in broad daylight in the midst of our discussion...

To add on, Iris was the first person to inform us of the "arsonist" presence... How could she ever know that? She may have obtain concerete evidence and mount a discussion with their members, and remove the arsonist which may pose a threat to the Baritones' existence if Stan had burned one of them down instead of the citizens. It was lucky for the Baritones to make use of the Arsonist to burn down both of our citizens, even though AI was working for the Baritones.

I am looking at the actions' but making some assumptions. There are no day-time killings.. until Stan and Pete was shot down in the past 2 days. Initally, I think a citizen will have such ability to do so, but I don't think we are powerful enough to handle such cruel manners like the Baritones. Somehow, this sleeping Baritone has awoke from his/her slumber. If my assumptions are right, this last member could have the ability to kill a citizen day or night....

I know, by giving such assumption won't help the situation much. The point is, if we don't take actions fast, we will be gunned down the same way. Is there anyone whom can provide some of their analysis?

I am looking at the actions' but making some assumptions. There are no day-time killings.. until Stan and Pete was shot down in the past 2 days. Initally, I think a citizen will have such ability to do so, but I don't think we are powerful enough to handle such cruel manners like the Baritones. Somehow, this sleeping Baritone has awoke from his/her slumber. If my assumptions are right, this last member could have the ability to kill a citizen day or night....

Yaaaaaawn. Yes, it does look like a sleeping Baritone has awaken and started gunning people down at will. What puzzles me about this is that this Baritone seems to have stood idly by watching his/her fellow Baritones being killed off by us citizens. Of course, it could be a trick to look less suspicous, after all, anyone not supporting the amazing "three Baritones in a row"-project would have looked very nasty by now. (OOC: and suddenly getting up at 7:30 instead of 13:00 is somewhat painful :sceptic:)

So it's back to the drawing board I guess. Is there any coffee? I feel the blood level in my caffeine veins is way too high at the moment :sceptic:

Somehow, this sleeping Baritone has awoke from his/her slumber. If my assumptions are right, this last member could have the ability to kill a citizen day or night....

One idea I have is that when the last Godfather was killed, this Baritone didn't know what to do with his or her self, and has just started killing people.

Darlene and Ivan: could you please give us some more information about what you guys are doing? It's pretty obvious that you're both out and about at night, but the Baritones haven't killed either of you yet. Why? There's also been complaints about being attacked at night. I think that if a Baritone really wanted you dead, he would not simply knock you on the head: he'd finish the job. If a Baritone really is attacking you, and you're avoiding death, then it probably wouldn't hurt to let us know some more information.

Darlene and Ivan: could you please give us some more information about what you guys are doing? It's pretty obvious that you're both out and about at night, but the Baritones haven't killed either of you yet. Why? There's also been complaints about being attacked at night. I think that if a Baritone really wanted you dead, he would not simply knock you on the head: he'd finish the job. If a Baritone really is attacking you, and you're avoiding death, then it probably wouldn't hurt to let us know some more information.

A fair questioning that I will try to answer in a vague but meaningful way.

I am much like Peeping Boris, watching the peoples as they do or don't do the things in the night. I have the wrestling training from days in Russia and can protect myself better than peoples expected, so when they are making the attackings, bad things happening to them.

Darlene should speak for self, but I will say this... there are only two people I know for fact can be trust in game and we are it. I know this because there is only one of the bastards left, and we can make vouching for each others through special knowledges.

That being said, we are sadly in interesting position. Citizens can't really lose unless Baritone get lucky in night, but we almost having to make random killings to finish off that last one. Days could be passingses before I am knowing anything helpfuls except that I am of thinking that Steve is not killer. He only person I was sure it wasn't when attacked last night. So, that could mean we are down to two.

You and Sky.

Maybe each of you providing reason not to be next in line for the death?

Alright, thanks for an answer Ivan. I am curious as to how Darlene is warding off attackers... are you helping protect her, or does she have some other way of keeping safe?

You and Sky.

Hmm, that kind of puts us both in a difficult position, doesn't it? :tongue:

You shouldn't kill me, because I'm a citizen. That's the best reason I can give though, and if I was a baritone I'd probably be saying the exact same thing.

If I was a Baritone though, I don't think either Veronica or Pete would have been murdered by the mob. In my opinion they were both acting suspiciously, so I think I would have killed someone else, then accuse them and hope to get them lynched. ... I don't think that will really help any decision making for you guys, but figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

Well, if this vote is going to be between Sky and me, I guess you guys just have to go with your best judgment.

I'm a citizen. Please don't kill me. :sceptic:

Thinking about this some more... Ivan, how do you know it wasn't Steve that attacked you? Was the attacker weak or something? And do we know for sure that Carter isn't still a Baritone? He killed a Godfather, which was very helpful, but I think he could still be working as part of the mob. Perhaps it was part of a plan to kill the current leader, so someone new could be put in charge...

No offense meant to either of you, I am just making speculation.

You and Sky.

This is a rather difficult position to be faced.. Being a good citizen in Moonlight does not going to help much to get me off the suspects' list. Due to the very fact that I can't go outside doing all these kind of "actions" during the night. With the limited information I have, I could only make conclusions with the evidences presented to me and re-construct it in a logical manner.

Whoever you had decided, it will be best to carry on, with a judgement with substantial evidence, than leaving this day gone, without a vote... giving the last Baritones a chance to kill us.... I had my own doubts on others, but it's just my conjunction that leads to wild speculation..

To add on, I agreed with Dillion's agruement. As you can see, Carter has earned himself for revealing the first godfather. Are we sure that he has completely not associating with himself with the Baritones anymore? We don't even know whether the Baritones has internal conflict within themselves as in whom to take over the reins of power.

No offence, Carter... This is just one of my wild speculation.

Bah, I'm completely baffled. No one is sticking out looking very suspicous. I thought I was onto something, and looked through what has happened these last few days, but found nothing of interest. Or rather, nothing of interest pointing to someone in particular. So I'm pretty lost now, any suggestions? I really don't want to cast a vote just to cast a vote, seems too risky.

I am thinking construction part of Baritone empire and there 2 of you, make odds greater one bad. I know Steve not try kill me last night.

That leave you... Dillon.

Does everyone think this make sense?

I am thinking construction part of Baritone empire and there 2 of you, make odds greater one bad. I know Steve not try kill me last night.

In a way it does, in another it doesn't. He did vote for (and seemed eager to get rid of) both the Mayor and Betty, but he voted for Iris after she was condemned. So I'm really not sure. One time voting for his own to look less suspicious, sure, but twice? That looks strange.

Yeah, I guess, but I'd like to think that that's just coincidence. It's my understanding that Steve and I work for a completely different company than those other guys.

but he voted for Iris after she was condemned.

I voted after she had the required amount of votes, but not after she was condemned. So yeah, I guess it makes me look a little suspicious, but figured it would not hurt to add my vote. Plus, if you're going by who voted late on Iris, Carter actually voted after me.

Everything happened so quick that day though, I think I can also speak for Carter when I say we were just late to the scene, but still wanted to show our support for Florence and the rest of the town by voting for the mafia.

I voted after she had the required amount of votes, but not after she was condemned. So yeah, I guess it makes me look a little suspicious, but figured it would not hurt to add my vote. Plus, if you're going by who voted late on Iris, Carter actually voted after me.

Everything happened so quick that day though, I think I can also speak for Carter when I say we were just late to the scene, but still wanted to show our support for Florence and the rest of the town by voting for the mafia.

Right, after she had the required amount of votes was what I meant by "condemned", guess I should have been more explicit. And yes, everything happened very quickly that day, it all seems a blur.

So assuming you're not the last Baritone, Sky must be the one. (as everyone else is accounted for.) He looks just as suspicious as Dillon. (OOC: it's always difficult to discuss someone who was played by an inactive player and then was replaced, nothing from the beginning can be taken into consideration.)

And thus, my confusion. And my unwillingness to cast a vote. I'd really prefer not to let this day without a conviction, but also I'm afraid we'll kill off someone innocent if we do. Doesn't anyone else have something to add? Some brilliant insight that shows us all how it all fits together?

In a way it does, in another it doesn't. He did vote for (and seemed eager to get rid of) both the Mayor and Betty, but he voted for Iris after she was condemned. So I'm really not sure. One time voting for his own to look less suspicious, sure, but twice? That looks strange.

Well, that is funny thing. In another life, I once knew man who was bad man. He was suppose to kill his boss, also bad man, then he would taking over. I suspecting Baritones like killing each other a little for the taking overs. This bad man also had to voting for peoples on his team because he not wanting detection. In end, anything would be done to keeping him alive, even the selling out of everyone else. It isn't surprising.

Yeah, I guess, but I'd like to think that that's just coincidence. It's my understanding that Steve and I work for a completely different company than those other guys.

Interesting. Did you know that, Steve?

True, but Carter has been a bad voter for the obviousness reasons.

I do not think we can take risk of letting day end without vote. Someone will kill in night and I am thinking that they will try easier target this time and probably make succeeding if protection can't be made. It is hard knowing who will receiving protection with it is hard knowing who is bad.

I think we must take shot in dark, they shirley will. (OOC: I called you all Shirley, whatcha gonna do about it? :tongue:)

Sorry, i've been really busy lately. Thinking about condeming Rhonda and how it was such a big mistake, I just don't want it to happen again. Alas, I am old, so it takes longer for me to think. And yet, I have no conclusions. A vote would be pointless, yet another death would be horrible. I am confused beyond my own sense of smell.

Interesting. Did you know that, Steve?

Yeah, we're in a completely different (and as far as I know) completely legal construction company.

I do not think we can take risk of letting day end without vote. Someone will kill in night and I am thinking that they will try easier target this time and probably make succeeding if protection can't be made. It is hard knowing who will receiving protection with it is hard knowing who is bad.

I think we must take shot in dark, they shirley will. (OOC: I called you all Shirley, whatcha gonna do about it? :tongue:)

So who do you suggest we target with our shot in the dark? (which does sound like a paradox, but whatever)

Been thinking back and forth, time is running short for us in Day 7. By the way, where is Darlene? (OOC: He has not login in for quite sometimes, I wonder where is he.)

We are at the crossroads right now, where all of us are really at our wits end.. If we are not able to convict someone soon, we are giving the Baritones, a chance to attack us at night... My suspicions is based on assumptions and gut feel, that either the construction company (since Baritones need to engage someone to coordinate with the other workers) or Baritones among them, has a habit of fighting power among each other. It's no surprise to them, that changing Godfathers can be so easily replaced by anyone. To be exact, the Godfather role can be considered as the leader in charge of all Baritones, regardless of whom it shall be passed on within them or outside. I am not trying to pinpoint anyone in particular. I am only stating what are the likely possiblites.

I have very limited information on this area.. I need to find some inspiration on my painting to draw the clouds away from my thoughts. Sigh....

Add on: Steve and Dillion, can I ask you guys something? Does your construction helmet's color mean anything or represent any position in the company?

Sky's instincts: I am suspecting, and my assumptions may or may not be correct, as I ponder deeply.

How do we know which Godfather is passed on to the next one...

Iris escaped, by using cement truck, leaving the driver whom is from the construction company, wearing an orange helmet. Take note of the earlier question which I asked, and compared with the 3 construction workers in Moonlight. Dillion is the one, whom is wearing orange helmet. Is this a hint from Iris that Dillion should be taking over as "Godfather"? Or you might agrue that Dillion is the Foreman among you guys. None of us can be certain for sure. It might be a concidence and I may be wrong on this.

Been thinking back and forth, time is running short for us in Day 7. By the way, where is Darlene? (OOC: He has not login in for quite sometimes, I wonder where is he.)

Darlene is she-girly type. Not he. :sceptic: (OOC: Draggy is on a short trip and migth be late for the day... I'm actually thinking we should stall a bit since he's unavailable and Hinck is away from his bricks again).

Iris escaped, by using cement truck, leaving the driver whom is from the construction company, wearing an orange helmet. Take note of the earlier question which I asked, and compared with the 3 construction workers in Moonlight. Dillion is the one, whom is wearing orange helmet. Is this a hint from Iris that Dillion should be taking over as "Godfather"? Or you might agrue that Dillion is the Foreman among you guys. None of us can be certain for sure. It might be a concidence and I may be wrong on this.

Fascinating and coincidentallifically same place my mind working towards. Let us ponder some more, we need to be the certains. I do knowing something about both of others that make it even more the possible. Hmmm.

Darlene is she-girly type. Not he. :sceptic: (OOC: Draggy is on a short trip and migth be late for the day... I'm actually thinking we should stall a bit since he's unavailable and Hinck is away from his bricks again).

Opps, I must be watching too many Dragonators! :tongue: (OOC: I am fine of delaying it a little longer since Draggy is away. We will let Hinckley decide the outcome.)

Fascinating and coincidentallifically same place my mind working towards. Let us ponder some more, we need to be the certains. I do knowing something about both of others that make it even more the possible. Hmmm.

I had shared some of my deepest thoughts, when I was doing a painting earlier. Perhaps, it was all just a concidence, but somehow it makes a little sense when you piece it together. Of course, we will need to be certain, given enough time and evidence, we will be able to justify our findings and assumptions accordingly.

Add on: Steve and Dillion, can I ask you guys something? Does your construction helmet's color mean anything or represent any position in the company?

I don't think they have any significance as far as our rank... I more figured it was more so we could tell each other apart quickly while working. At a glance, Steve and I look quite alike. :wink: My helmet is red, by the way.

That's a very interesting observation... It's just a coincidence though. Iris was running for her life. I don't think it mattered to her about who she got the truck from. Even if Iris had had the time to plan it out, and assuming I was actually the next godfather, why would she want us to know? Wouldn't she be trying to point us in a false direction?

This may make me look even more suspicious, but I think I should bring it up anyway. The day Rhonda was convicted I was out of town all day, so I couldn't have killed Pete the garbage man. Plus, as I've mentioned before, I was very suspicious of Pete , and stated it publicly, so why would I turn around and kill him if I was the mafia?

I know that sounds bad, because I could easily have been hiding all day, but I really was away. :sceptic:

As far as I know they were just handed out randomly when we started working there. No significance that I know of.

And I guess this day is going to end without a vote?

The day was 3/4 of the way finished and no one had cast a vote. It wouldn't be too long until night fell and the good citizens of Moonlight were susceptible to another killing from the one remaining member of the Baritone "family"...