Sign in to follow this  
SilentMode

MOC: SilentMode's custom calendar

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Here's what I did with the calendar set:

6868344768_468a8cb056_z.jpg

In designing it I wanted it to be compact and easy to reassemble, but at the same time not use a whole bunch of parts. The backbone of this design involves 2x2 jumper plates, along with this part, which hold the printed bricks together while allowing them to separate easily.

Also, the plate used on top not only holds everything together, but can be used to add a small display. Perhaps use table scraps to build a quick model, or show off one's latest acquisition of minifigures/dolls.

Of course, I got the inspiration to take on this challenge from darkdragon.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

It's looking good. I like the month name on the side expecially. Would be nice to see a bit more scene on top but hey that's not what a calendar is really about anyway right? :wink:

There are two things that bother me a bit, on the month name the single stud on either side of the tile - I think i'd just put a plate under that tile and then cheeze wedge on either side. Also some of the tiles above the days are tan and some are yellow - which might be because you ran out of yellow tan but just thought I'd mention it.

:classic:

Nice, it looks pretty smart! Great idea to turn the date bricks into a drawer.

I've been meaning to do my own custom calendar but the set has been sitting unused for months... feeling inspired again now

Thank you for the comments/feedback! I am waiting on some yellow jumper plates (I've used Tan ones in their place for the time being), and I'll be doing a little more with the calendar.

Thank you for the comments/feedback! I am waiting on some yellow jumper plates (I've used Tan ones in their place for the time being), and I'll be doing a little more with the calendar.

I have a squillion from PAB walls if it's the 1x2s you need... but judging by your pic I'm guessing not.