Sign in to follow this  
Benoit KAYSER

Burj Khalifa in LEGO

Hello Eurobricks friends.

I have to tell you about a crazy challenge. Last week in Paris, the Fanabriques team achieved an verry special bet.

The government of Dubaï ordered an "LEGO event" for their stand at the IFTM (International French Travel Market - 21-24/09/2010 - Paris).

During the exhibition, in ~3.5 days, a huge "Burj Khalifa" was builded with an big bulk provided by LEGO France. The tower had 5.64 meters (18.5ft !) with ~86,000 LEGO blocks.

I think, it should be the biggest "Burj Khalifa" builded in LEGO (Are you agree, or do you knows a biggest ???)

Check the Fanabriques web site for more news (www.fanabriques.fr).

I give you two album links, look at this ......

http://picasaweb.google.fr/guy.meyer315/SalonDuTourisme21Au24Sept2010PARIS?authkey=Gv1sRgCP7i1ZGPhczWFw#

http://picasaweb.google.fr/benoit.fanabriques/DubaiProject?feat=directlink

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swt4ERyV2I0

Benoît KAYSER

Association Fanabriques

www.fanabriques.fr

post-13522-128576682166.jpg

The shape is awesome, but you should've invested in proper coloured bricks. Other than that, this is amazing! As I said, you got the shape perfectly, and the height is impressive :thumbup:

Well, I really like the multi color-ness, it makes it truly LEGO-esque, and not some crazy model that does not really look like its made of LEGO.

The multi-colored theme could have to do with the flag of Dubai. At least it seems the middle part is the colors of flag?

Hello, thanks for your replies !

You're right : the middle part and the pinacle use the colors of the Arabian Emirates flag (red and black+white+green).

For the choice of the "happy multi-colors look" :laugh: you have to know the context : The challenge was to build the tower with the bulk provied by LEGO France. It was a big (huge!) bulk of more than 120,000 pieces but I had no choice of the color or the type of the bricks :cry_sad: . So I used "what I had" : in total 19 industrial boxes with 16 of them classed by color...... and we had to pack them by color after the dismounting ! :wacko::sceptic:

And if I had the choice, I should choice for all the tower the "multi-colors" style of the second level. I think that is the best "LEGO look" :classic: . Don't forget than the idea was to communicate in direction of the "familly public".

Thanks again for your enjoying ! :sweet:

That's one massive structure alright, the shape really resembles the "Burj Khalifa". I agree the colorfulness of it might not be realistic, but it does look lego-ish.

That's one BIG tower to build inside! The colors show up well in the photos and

:

100_3499.JPG

Edited by DLuders