Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I was talking to a cashier at a Myers store in Sydney and they told me that the Black Pearl was coming out in stores next week!

Don't now how accurate this is judging that it is supposed to come out November but she definetely seemed to know what she was talking about...

Can't wait to find out!

General Jones

I'm not sure if I believe this. Seeing as this isn't an exclusive, I thought we'd at least have got an image by now if this were true. However, I certainly hope it's coming next week, because I can't wait to see this ship!

I was talking to a cashier at a Myers store in Sydney and they told me that the Black Pearl was coming out in stores next week!

Don't now how accurate this is judging that it is supposed to come out November but she definetely seemed to know what she was talking about...

Can't wait to find out!

General Jones

Oh wait, maybe she meant the mini black pearl set? I have seen at David Jones the collectible minifig bags (jester, punk, musketeer), those sorts of things, so maybe that was what she was hinting at?

Black Pearl would be sweeeeeeet!!!

Though judging from what I've seen of the game I'd like to have a Davy Jones figure now, and MORE REDCOATS!!!

I don't know if this is the right thread to post here (so direct me to a suggestion/wishlist thread otherwsie) but I would love LEGO to produce a 'Port Royal harbour' set from POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl.

My vision for this is similar to other harbour sets of previous LEGO Pirates lines, to have a small dock with mast and crows nest sticking out from the water (Jacks dinghy), some small boats with sails docked, a crane with cannon attached (for Jack to swing on) and several Redcoats beneath that fall into the water via a breakaway dock action where the cannon falls. If only my LEGO was nearby to realise this.

Edited by brick-a-block

I will remain sceptical however, I too would have thought LEGO would have monopolised on this wave as long as possible and then released more at Christmas time.

This.

I'm not sure if I believe this. Seeing as this isn't an exclusive, I thought we'd at least have got an image by now if this were true.

Also this.

We haven't seen or heard anything about the Black Pearl, really, other than it's coming, the piece count, and which movie it's based on. I really doubt TLG would release it this close to the first wave, and without any fanfare or leaked images or ANYTHING. That hasn't ever happened before. It also doesn't really make any sense to move an expensive (but most likely a very popular) set's release from six weeks before Christmas to the summer. I'll bet that this employee was either: 1. wrong or 2. talking about the mini Black Pearl.

I don't know if this is the right thread to post here (so direct me to a suggestion/wishlist thread otherwsie) but I would love LEGO to produce a 'Port Royal harbour' set from POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl.

My vision for this is similar to other harbour sets of previous LEGO Pirates lines, to have a small dock with mast and crows nest sticking out from the water (Jacks dinghy), some small boats with sails docked, a crane with cannon attached (for Jack to swing on) and several Redcoats beneath that fall into the water via a breakaway dock action where the cannon falls. If only my LEGO was nearby to realise this.

In a way, LEGO sort of did release a Port Royal set! If you get Whitecap Bay and the London Escape sets, you can combine them to build this official model, but unfortunately there's no regular instructions to build it. You can read the review here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55288

It appears all POTC sets have been pulled from Barns and Noble.com, they only have the Cannibal Escape and it says "usually ships within 24hrs"

does this mean the coupon code will work? (V7T4Y4X)

will this mean they will be adding the other sets later?

:pir_wacko:

Edited by Macoco

It appears all POTC sets have been pulled from Barns and Noble.com, they only have the Cannibal Escape and it says "usually ships within 24hrs"

does this mean the coupon code will work? (V7T4Y4X)

will this mean they will be adding the other sets later?

:pir_wacko:

The coupon works, I used it last night. I was told it can be used til the end of June, though I am not certain on that.

You'd assume they would bring back the POTC sets before then, but this is B&N we are talking about. If they do, then I will be purchasing my first POTC sets from there

Quick question. Does anyone have the video game? If someone does, what the cheat code for Invincibility?

Quick question. Does anyone have the video game? If someone does, what the cheat code for Invincibility?

I have the game for X-Box 360 and there are no cheat codes for extras you have to earn them with gold bricks.

We haven't seen or heard anything about the Black Pearl, really, other than it's coming, the piece count, and which movie it's based on. I really doubt TLG would release it this close to the first wave, and without any fanfare or leaked images or ANYTHING. That hasn't ever happened before. It also doesn't really make any sense to move an expensive (but most likely a very popular) set's release from six weeks before Christmas to the summer. I'll bet that this employee was either: 1. wrong or 2. talking about the mini Black Pearl.

We could also draw the conclusion that it will be black and probably have Jack :pir-grin: But yes other than that a mystery. I wonder if it will be a TRU exclusive?

also what is the long term life of this theme, 1-2 more years? I hope so, I would love to see the Interceptor.

I have the game for X-Box 360 and there are no cheat codes for extras you have to earn them with gold bricks.

Yep gotta play the game to get the booty.

There is one code that must be used to unlock "singing Jack Sparrow" there is no other way to get him.

The code is on the back of the posters found in the PotC LEGO sets......clever!

We haven't seen or heard anything about the Black Pearl, really, other than it's coming, the piece count, and which movie it's based on. I really doubt TLG would release it this close to the first wave, and without any fanfare or leaked images or ANYTHING. That hasn't ever happened before.

But what if the LEGO Group has become really stealthy of late and plugged all its pirate leaks? :pir-classic:

Since the other models in the Lego Pirates game looks quite like their real life counter parts...

Don't we have a clue to what the Black Pearl will look like as a model?

(Thinking about the cutscenes where the "entire" Pearl is in lego and not the scenarioes where you are onboard playing).

Since the other models in the Lego Pirates game looks quite like their real life counter parts...

Now this is a good point!

Might this extend to the minifigures as well and we get skeltal hybrid minifigures like these?

post-273-130684662231.jpg

But what if the LEGO Group has become really stealthy of late and plugged all its pirate leaks? :pir-classic:

That would amaze me even more than the Black Pearl coming out this week. Plus at Toy Fair the info on the set said November. If they were going to spring it on us as a surprise, they probably wouldn't have said anything, rather than give a release date then without warning move it up five months.

Might this extend to the minifigures as well and we get skeltal hybrid minifigures like these?

I would like those figs a lot more than the regular skellies, but I doubt we'll be seeing them. Super complex molding and printing. I bet if we see more skeleton pirates, they'll be like the Jack and Barbossa we have seen in Isla de Muerta.

I would like those figs a lot more than the regular skellies, but I doubt we'll be seeing them. Super complex molding and printing. I bet if we see more skeleton pirates, they'll be like the Jack and Barbossa we have seen in Isla de Muerta.

One semantic criticism about the Isla de Muerta set, Jack doesn't have white hands. I think he'd look more skeletal if he had white hands, but I suppose the sets are about playability not about accuracy and such. Compared to how they've depicted Barbossa Jack looks like he's wearing a mask.

Having not played the game it would be great to get more screenshots here to get an idea of prospective sets, such as the Black Pearl, Flying Dutchman, and others.

Back onto semantics having read a few really old LEGO companion books, encyclopedia's etc, I'm pretty certain LEGO established itself as universal 'please-all' company. By this I mean creating LEGO minfigs with yellow skin, the child's imagination, depending on the context, can construe the minifig to be of any ethnivity. Furthermore I know LEGO refused to create military pieces because it not want to advocate war and other things I won't go into (but we know there are ways to curb that).

In responding to these concepts of universalism, the change to pale complexion minifigs with the exception of a few dark complexion minifigs (typically from licensed sets) could corner the LEGO company in a political correct issue.

I appreciate the accuracy in creating different complexions for the zombie pirates recently, but in that screenshot above of the skeletons walking under water I know I saw in the film a number of actors with darker complexion, like Jamaican's, African, etc.

All I'm saying is it would have been nice to see a little bit of diversity in the scope of pirates.

Does anybody that has played the game know if this is a recurring issue, are most LEGO minfigs in-game depicted of pale-complexion despite filmic depiction?

(Thinking about the cutscenes where the "entire" Pearl is in lego and not the scenarioes where you are onboard playing).

Well, it happened in other Lego games before, that things, which were introduced in them, were done in real, but looking totally different, for example the Flying Wing or Indy's car in te Shanghai scene from Lego Indiana Jones as well as figs like Bossk or Mola Ram, while existing sets were looked like they really were, so I wouldn't have too much hope about that, especially not about the semi-skeletons. :pirate_sad2:

That would amaze me even more than the Black Pearl coming out this week. Plus at Toy Fair the info on the set said November.

November seems more realistic anyway.

Don't mind me I'm going to collate a number of screenshots here that I can muster from the Internet, to gove us an idea of what prospective LEGO minfigs, ships, and other sets might look like.

[image]http://i1-games.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/LEGO-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-The-Curse-of-the-Black-Pearl-Trailer_3.jpg[/image]

Here we have Governor Swan to the right and next to him I assume to be Commodore Norrington.

[image]http://game-insider.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/32-1024x578.jpg[/image]

Sao-Feng with Barbossa, and some lovely Singapore wenches too...

Edited by brick-a-block

LEGO-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-The-Curse-of-the-Black-Pearl-Trailer_3.jpg

Ooh, I do hope we get those beautiful flesh-free torsos.

Incidentally, that guy on the left with the swept-back hair... how reasonable is it that people used hair gel in the 18th century? Apart from this pirate in a recent Doctor Who episode, I don't think there's any evidence that Draco Malfoy's hair fits into the pirates theme.

swooshhair.jpg

[image]http://game-insider.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/42.jpg[/image]

Lord Cutler Beckett's new East India Company soldiers - I do hope we get to ee these in prospective sets.

[image]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1879/14873mattimage10.jpg[/image]

I'm not certain I want a set with a giant Calypso, I thought this was the most tackiest pasrt of the Pirates series, but it might provide some early enthusiasm for young boys buying the set.

Incidentally, that guy on the left with the swept-back hair... how reasonable is it that people used hair gel in the 18th century? Apart from this pirate in a recent Doctor Who episode, I don't think there's any evidence that Draco Malfoy's hair fits into the pirates theme.

*snip*

Baby oil and similar products were used in the past to slick back/down hair. Basically the same as gel, but totally in liquid form. (Therefore more messy)

Edited by Artanis I

Don't mind me I'm going to collate a number of screenshots here that I can muster from the Internet...

We probably wouldn't mind except you're not using the right BBcode tag to post your images.

You're using [image] when you should be using , as a result all we're getting is text links. Go back and look at your recent posts and you'll see what I mean.

Hope they make a set with Jack the Monkey; Just like a normal monkey but with a printed shirt and waistcoat? I think the HMS Interceptor or the HMS Providence (From the new film). I hope that if they do make a Davy Jones it will be like the one on the video game :jollyroger:

snip

I don't think there's any evidence that Draco Malfoy's hair fits into the pirates theme.

That hair piece on the red coat soldier has a pony tail and looks the business, I hope they do make it in LEGO form (white of course).

That hair piece on the red coat soldier has a pony tail and looks the business, I hope they do make it in LEGO form (white of course).

Oh yeah... I don't have the ponytail piece yet so I mistook it for Malfoy's swept back hair. I wanted to know what other people thought about pirates wearing product in their hair anyway, since I'm expanding my pirate minifig collection and trying to figure out which hairstyles are valid.