Sign in to follow this  
SuperChris

REVIEW: 4867 Hogwarts

Now that I think about it...why did they make the bunk beds Gryffindor... We already have a Gryffindor room in the castle. They should've done Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.

Now that I think about it...why did they make the bunk beds Gryffindor... We already have a Gryffindor room in the castle. They should've done Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.

they are supposed to represent the RoR from DH when the DA went into hiding, they are supposed to be hanging canopy beds

so that is the 3rd time the RoR has been represented in LEGO:

DA practice place(3rd Hogwarts)

Vanishing Cabinet RoR (4th Hogwarts)

DA hiding place(5th Hogwarts)

they are supposed to represent the RoR from DH when the DA went into hiding, they are supposed to be hanging canopy beds

so that is the 3rd time the RoR has been represented in LEGO:

DA practice place(3rd Hogwarts)

Vanishing Cabinet RoR (4th Hogwarts)

DA hiding place(5th Hogwarts)

How can you be sure? I don't remember them being Gryffindor bedsheets... Why would they have another RoR, cause the vanishing cabinet is also in the castle set. Well, hmm... It seems either way, it appears we get doubles of some kind of room or another.

Thanks for the nice review. Having recently gotten the castle and considering the minifigs this set comes with, this is a must-buy for me now. It's far from being the great set it could have been, but it's still a nice playset and a nice addition to the castle. I'm still confused about what the globe is supposed to represent though. Is it a galaxy or something? :wacko:

How can you be sure? I don't remember them being Gryffindor bedsheets... Why would they have another RoR, cause the vanishing cabinet is also in the castle set.

Because it says so on S@H, and I guess it makes sense. It's just a different form of the RoR. But yeah, if you put it side-by-side with the castle, it becomes kinda odd.

Thanks for the great review! I will definitely be getting this set now. However like others I wish that Lego wouuld acknowledge the existance of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, I mean (mild spoiler here) the Ravenclaw common room plays quite a big part in the battle of hogwarts so if the empty room had some chairs and Ravenclaw decorations (very similar to the slytherin common room in 4842 Hogwarts Castle) I would be considerably happier. As for Lupin's office, I already have one from the old Lupin's Classroom set so I'm just going to use it as a staff room.

we need to wait for the movie to see if LEGO chose correctly in the color scheme. I read the review of the screening of part 2, so hold off with the book refrences until you see the movie

plus the description of the set does not mention any common room, so the beds must be the RoR and the empty room just a hallway or something. the RoR in DH 2 is the DA hideout and the room of hidden objects

Regarding the beds, people need to keep in mind that the Griffindor common room and the boys' and girls' dormitories are separate rooms. A common room is more of a sort of lounge where people can hang out or study, not a place where people sleep. So the room with the beds could very easily be the Griffindor boys' dormitory (the boys' dormitory makes the most sense to me seeing as both Harry and Neville are included in the set as minifigures, while no female students are included). Of course, it could also be the Room of Requirement. No real confirmation either way.

On a random side note, I actually learned what a common room was from the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone video game for the Game Boy Color, which I must say is one incredible game.

Edited by Aanchir

Thanks for all the positive reviews on the review guys! I'm most grateful!

Got to love the picture of both of the castles put together as one. Lovely!

I agree. I've set both Castle's out on my desk, and it just looks so awesome! A must buy for Potter fans!

On a random side note, I actually learned what a common room was from the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone video game for the Game Boy Color, which I must say is one incredible game.

Yes! I love that game.

Nice review.

Can someone who knows Harry Potter more than I do tell me what that globe is supposed to represent?

Very nice review, and very nice pictures!

I'm guessing you may have missed though 1x2 plates under the floor of the towers themselves. Theyre not essential but are definitely in there.

The biggest surprise about this set for me was the globe printed differently to the Pirates of the Caribbean one. They seem to be getting better with their printing these days, though there are still the standard DSS. Personally I found this DSS enhanced the set greatly and didn't mind applying it at all, unlike a lot of other sets. Though it would be ace if they came with a spare set. I actually had my mirror sticker stuck to the inside of the box when I opened it, but it retained its yummy stickiness enough to be applied to the tile!

I really want to go back and get Hogwarts too now to add to this, but maybe next month!

Thanks for the review!

Yay! Muchas gracias. :sweet:

Annoying that it doesn't have connectors to attch to the BIG castle set. :hmpf_bad:

Well, it has some Technic holes. Ideally, you'd want semi-ornate hinged connectors like the Hogwarts set last year had, but realistically you could just use Technic pins, correct?

I really think Harry should have had a new torso print, but oh well. I still want this set and now I guess I'll have to buy the Original Hogwarts too :laugh: Since I haven't yet aquired it.

Well, it has some Technic holes. Ideally, you'd want semi-ornate hinged connectors like the Hogwarts set last year had, but realistically you could just use Technic pins, correct?

Oh, good idea! Thanks. :classic:

Oh, good idea! Thanks. :classic:

New here, but more active on the classic-pirates threads.

I've collected much of the Harry Potter castle sets and this Review is fantastic I must say.

I came across this set on the LEGO website, but it stipulated that it was unavailable in Australia when I changed the site from US.

Does anyone here know when the release date for Australia is? Brickipedia says June 2011, and apparently everyone here is seeing them, but I haven't yet.

Any Australians that can confirm otherwise?

Oh and I enjoy how you put Lucius Malfoy in what I'm assuming is one of the boys dormitorys, and then on the bridge chasing Neville. My mind jumped to some nasty conclusions ha ha :devil::tongue:

Dirty Malfoy.

Cheers

Thanks for the review SuperChris! :thumbup:

Im hoping to get this set, as it isn't to bad with the build, and the figs are excellent!

CF

I really think Harry should have had a new torso print, but oh well. I still want this set and now I guess I'll have to buy the Original Hogwarts too :laugh: Since I haven't yet aquired it.

I have it, and I'm glad Harry's the only repeat (well, the dementor, but there's no problem having more of them).

I actually don't think Lupin looks at all comparable to the movie Lupin.

I just bought that set and it's pretty neat. I really like the new Lupin minifigure, it just suits him well (anyway, better than the old 2003 version). The rest of the castle is really nice too, but I would not sell it under the name of '' Hogwarts'', because it is evident that this is an expansion of the 2010 Castle. Combining them together is really cool by the way! ^^

Still waiting for these to arrive in Ireland (though they became available on S@H as of today).

I'm sure it's been discussed already, but I'm bummed that they dropped the 'Battle of...' part of the set name. I don't mind the repeats of the Dementor (can never have too many) and Lucious (because he works as an anonymous Death Eater too), the Harrys you just get used to (though he shouldn't have a HW uniform IMO).

Just on the point about the connecting pieces, does anyone have the name of the hinges that come with the 2010 Hogwarts? Peeron doesn't have an inventory on the set, and I'd love to find one on Bricklink before I bought the set, to give me more flexibility in connecting the sets (rather than using the Technic Connector Pin).

I definitely agree that there's little point in picking up this set unless you already have the other Hogwarts castle released this year; it looks quite nice all together, but separately, its extremely dull. Unfortunately the combined price tag makes this a tough sell for me. I'd rather go with the Diagon Alley set, personally.

Nice review! :classic:

Edited by Algernon

Just on the point about the connecting pieces, does anyone have the name of the hinges that come with the 2010 Hogwarts? Peeron doesn't have an inventory on the set, and I'd love to find one on Bricklink before I bought the set, to give me more flexibility in connecting the sets (rather than using the Technic Connector Pin).

Bricklink has set inventories too. :classic:

The picture below shows Harry in his Hogwarts uniform before/during the Battle of Hogwarts, and the Caption says "Harry talking to Snape in the Great Hall about killing Albus Dumbledore." This must be why he's in Hogwarts Uniform :)

Harry_potter_deathly_hallows.jpg

Not sure if the pictures in the right format :sceptic: Sorry if it isn't.

Matt

Edited by MattieG7