Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

REVIEW: BrickArms Mystery Pack Volume 1 (Part 1)

On a scale of 1 to 5  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this review? Is it informative and helpful?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Hello everyone,

1%7E23.jpg

I am very pleased to bring and share with all of you a very special review which features on one of the leading Minifigures Customisation Manufacturer, BrickArms. This time, I am going to review the latest exclusive release of the new BrickArms Mystery Pack Volume 1 content which is made available starting from the month of May 2011 (Pack-a-Palooza!)

The new BrickArms Mystery Pack Volume 1 is the first of its kind which incorporates 13 unique different items which will consist one each of the following colours or prints. They are as followed, "white", "silver", "bronze", "green", "mystery metallic" or "mystery transparent", "transparent clear", "transparent blue", "transparent red", "transparent yellow", "assorted camouflage printed patterns", "chrome", "brown", "helmet" (blue, red, OD green or white) and 1 pack in 20 will contain a 24K gold plated Brickarms item.

The packaging can be resealed again after you have opened it, so you could continue to make use of the pack to store those items. I supposed many of you are anticipating the content inside the mysterious packet. :blush:

Please take a look at this BrickArms Forum discussion topic for more information.

Taking a peek into the mysterious content

2%7E23.jpg

The excitement is killing me

3%7E22.jpg

My mysterious BrickArms weapons line-up

4%7E21.jpg

In this one and only mysterious packet which I have received, I have gotten the following BrickArms items. They are the BAR (24K gold plated), BAR (chrome), M1-Garand rifle (army-green), Lewis gun (trans-blue), AC8 (camo-printed), Combat LMG (trans-red), Modern Combat Helemt (red), Needle Gun (mystery metallic), M21 Sniper rifle (transparent), Tactical PDW (brown), HCSR (bronze), Combat SMG (silver), Apoc SMG (white) and Combat LMG (trans-yellow). All of which excites me very much. :wub:

Can W.F's mercenaries be able to resolve this?

5%7E23.jpg

The beginning of the BrickArms Mystery Pack Volume 1 review

6%7E19.jpg

The BrickArms Mystery Pack Volume 1 is an innovative great concept which uses similar concept of the recent craze of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1 to 5. Of course, there is a huge difference in both of such concepts with the exceptional similarities as both are random by nature. In this case, the BrickArms Mystery Pack Volume 1 are packed with rare and uncommon BrickArms items like the camouflage prints, transparent, army green, etc. Personally, I see this as an opportunity for us to buy a good random assorted pack filled with many nice unexpected weapons. I, for one enjoy the fun and novelty of it especially the measures and precautions which Will have taken, as explained below.

It is true that we do not have a choice to select in the weapons we want. However, as part of the buying experience, it is all about not knowing what to expect that brings lots of fun into this. You never know when you will ever need a part which you don't need it now. I can imagine Will have done lots of tremendous effort to make sure that this fun is not ruined. He ensures that the package are sealed properly (double-layer security) before he ships out to his resellers. He does a great job to ensure the allocation of different random specific colours or prints of the 13 different items. You got no way to identify which mystery pack has the 24K gold plated item as all of the packaging is the same. Yes, there is no dotted marks or any sort of markings made available. Furthermore, the weigh of all different random BrickArms items computation are all random as it will be a combination of either 13 to 14 items altogether. In this case, it will be very hard for one to deduce based on the packaging weights. Thus, this further reinforce the probability and equal distribution for the buyer.

BAR (24K gold plated)

14%7E11.jpg

I am extremely happy and elated to have scored an incredible probability. For mine very first pack that I have gotten, I can't believe my odds and luck to be able to score an incredible and beautiful BAR which is done and presented in a 24K gold plated finishing. :wub:

Mere words can't express my excitement and joy in this very unexpected situation. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to score a 24K gold plated BrickArms item. Do note that the the 24K gold plated item is being placed in a separate ziplock bag within the original content.

I have used my sigfig to hold this precious priceless BAR. Just admire the sheer bright golden shine on this weapon. The finishing is made up of high quality and it is definitely have a beautiful and smooth finishing. I reckon the rest of the other 24K gold plated items will also be as nice as this. It will be stored safely to ensure that it will never be misplaced. I will love to have this displayed in a nice acrylic casing with spotlights hanging above.

BAR (chrome)

10%7E17.jpg

Next, we have the mafia looking gangster who is holding another print of the BAR. This time, we have it in chromed finishing. I never had the chance to own the BAR in chrome finishing and it is very pleasing to know that I managed to secure two different finishings of the BAR in a single packet. The chrome finishing are very nicely done. There is no doubt that chrome are actually so much nicer when vacuum metallisation is being used in this expensive process. It is not like any of those cheap looking paints that do your chrome finishing. This is completely different. Every angle is covered with those delicious chrome.

M1-Garand rifle (army-green colour)

7%7E19.jpg

The M1-Garand rifle coated with the Toy Story army green colour is very much suitable and appropriate for our green solders. From the musket down to the rifle butt, every bit of it is well designed and I am surprised that green is as nice as their brown rifles. I am equally glad to have this in my collection.

Lewis gun (trans-blue)

8%7E21.jpg

The power-pack Lewis gun is now presented in trans-blue which is somehow best suited for our aquatic friends. You can't really purchase trans-blue from the website, so it is definitely pretty uncommon to acquire one. The rounds mechanism on the top can be rotated like the regular ones. It is a fine weapon indeed.

AC8 (camo-printed)

9%7E18.jpg

The camp-printed AC8 is one of mine favourite weapons in this lot. First of all, this is my very camo-printed weapons in my collection and I am extremely impressed with the quality of this print. I seriously do not know how Will's printer is able to cover the details of those camouflage prints but you got to admit that the prints cover every single speck of it. Furthermore, this camouflage print is one of mine favourites and you can't really buy this directly too.

Combat LMG (trans-red)

11%7E15.jpg

The fiery hot Combat LMG is now in trans-red. It can also be used in volcanic actions battle or infuse with fiery flame that will take the enemies down. It is a nice decent weapon which can be used in your collection.

Modern Combat Helmet (red)

12%7E15.jpg

The red Modern Combat Helmet is the very first design that I have owned. It is a customise design which is developed by BrickArms and it is well designed. I am wondering what sort of use I could use this helmet for, but who knows I might use it for a Red Guard, one day. I am sure I will be able to find a good use for it.

Needle Gun (mystery metallic)

13%7E10.jpg

Did I get the colour wrongly? I am quite sure this was classify as mystery metallic? Or was it actually purple? Then again, whatever the case, this Needle Gun is very appropriate for my sci-fi action minifigure. I don't really have much use for this, but I am very certain I will be inspired to find ways to utilise this new weapon of mine.

M21 Sniper rifle (transparent)

15%7E10.jpg

The transparent M21 Sniper rifle is one of my hot favourites among this lot. I am fond of transparent stuff as it gave me a feeling that the weapon was actually quite invisible looking, if I adjust the brightness further upwards. I love those sniper rifles and this will adds into my valuable collection.

Tactical PDW (brown)

16%7E11.jpg

Before I got this brown Tactical PDW, I never knew that this weapon was only made available in the BrickArms Modern Combat Pack. In this pack, only black was made available and it didn't sold separately like other weapons. This is definitely a fine looking brown weapon.

HCSR (bronze)

17%7E10.jpg

Take a look at the bronze HCSR. The bronze finishing is very appealing and I thoroughly enjoyed it very much. In fact, I will love to collect all different rifles in different colours and this bronze version made a fine addition.

Combat SMG (silver)

18%7E8.jpg

The silver Combat SMG is also another one of the very useful weapon which I could love to use, along with my M4, AK, weapons. Those sub-machine guns are truly awesome and this design sure reminds me of MP5. Great to have this weapon in silver.

Apoc SMG (white)

19%7E6.jpg

This is a fine new white Apoc SMG. Like the silver Combat SMG, these weapons are very useful to equip them into your SWAT officers, urban combat, zombie warfares and stuff like that. White is pretty uncommon too, and I am pleased to have the Apoc SMG in white.

Combat LMG (trans-yellow)

20%7E6.jpg

Why am I using the Space Police II minifigure? Not sure what is the reason behind it, but I find the colour schematic of the trans-yellow Combat LMG very suitable for him. Even though the weapon is traditional by nature but the trans-yellow finishing made the weapon appears to be futuristic somehow. Furthermore, this is the second Combat LMG that I have received in this pack, including the trans-red.

All ready and equipped

21%7E6.jpg

At the end of this review, I am extremely pleased and delighted with my first BrickArms Mystery Pack Volume 1 line-up. I am very happy with all of them and it also gave me a chance to try out on those new cool looking items which I never had a chance to see before with my very own eyes. Of course, the same design which I have been getting, also adds in a great deal of fun with some nice uncommon colours too. All in all, I really love and adores the 24K gold plated, transparent, chrome, bronze, camouflage-printed, silver and army green the most. I will highly recommend all to pick this pack up through the official resellers if you are interested in this concept with a great deal of fun. :wink:

Pictures can be found in My Flickr and Brickshelf folder (when moderated).

Thanks for the review WhiteFang.

I completely agree with you these things are so much fun to open.

I'm so jealous of you getting a gold plated in your very first pack.

This definitely is a way to get various BA in one pack.

We should create a thread where people show what their packs contained as I'm curious to see the variety of the weapons :classic:

Thanks for the review WhiteFang.

Thank you AoNZ. It was sheer lucky. I really never even expected it. :blush:

We should create a thread where people show what their packs contained as I'm curious to see the variety of the weapons :classic:

Yes, I think we should! :thumbup:

A very good 'haul' Fangy! You sure are lucky getting that gold-plated BAR. I'm not so sure about the transparent ones, but everything else seems pretty useful for customization/MOCing. I'm also curious to see what the others will get in these 'Mystery Packs' on the other thread.

Another great review, WhiteFang! ) :classic::thumbup:

I'm not quite sure how to use transparent weapons, since they're quite unusual looking and thus have a very limited MOC-value. But still they look pretty nice. And the gold on is just awesome! :sweet: I wonder if itactually has golden bullets? If so, Bats should consider that to be an honor to be shot from such a thing! :grin:

Goodday, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thank you guys for your kind comments! Glad you have enjoyed reading it. :sweet:

I'm also curious to see what the others will get in these 'Mystery Packs' on the other thread.

Me too! I am also wants to find out what did the rest gotten.

I'm not so sure about the transparent ones, but everything else seems pretty useful for customization/MOCing.

I'm not quite sure how to use transparent weapons, since they're quite unusual looking and thus have a very limited MOC-value. But still they look pretty nice.

Not sure why, but I noted that there is quite a high amount of people who don't really like the transparent pieces. I wonder why. For myself, I think it is not too bad. :blush:

A very good 'haul' Fangy! You sure are lucky getting that gold-plated BAR.

Yes... lucky... :look:

The sets are too random for me. All the weapons are cool, I've bought from brickarms before, but I just don't need a variety like that.