Sign in to follow this  
RussianBear

Caveman

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello

Today I want to show you my shabby little vignette " Aborigine " )

18e34fae1832.jpg

4e502c66c554.jpg

f689fce79ea2.jpg

5ec2518fd599.jpg

98c340a11508.jpg

9ca6712b0758.jpg

672ec473f2d8.jpg

431ff095dc9f.jpg

Thank you for viewing

Leave your comments!...

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

That's a nice little scene but I think it is a better fit in the Special Themes where a dedicated bunch adore the collectable minifigures. I'll move it over there for all those chaps to look at.

While I'm sure you weren't to know this, the title and subject of this vignette could come across as quite racist in Australia. It's kind of like making a vignette of a blonde haired minifig passed out next to a bottle of vodka and calling it 'Russian'.

tim

While I'm sure you weren't to know this, the title and subject of this vignette could come across as quite racist in Australia. It's kind of like making a vignette of a blonde haired minifig passed out next to a bottle of vodka and calling it 'Russian'.

tim

Ok, so your post was totally over the top and offensive.

This member uses a translator to post here and maybe the closest English word to his term of choice was Aborigine, maybe not the most correct word to use when translated, but I do not think he set out to offend, unlike your aim with your post.

RB, I am going to change the title to Caveman (as that is the name of the figure) Ok?

Ok, so your post was totally over the top and offensive.

This member uses a translator to post here and maybe the closest English word to his term of choice was Aborigine, maybe not the most correct word to use when translated, but I do not think he set out to offend, unlike your aim with your post.

RB, I am going to change the title to Caveman (as that is the name of the figure) Ok?

Huh? My goal was to point out that it would be considered offensive and illustrate with an example. I don't like being told something might be rude without being given an idea why. So following the 'do unto others as you would have other do unto you' principle I extend this to others.

Although I do find your use of underlining when it should be italics a personal affront. You're a very bad mannered cur.

Tim

Edited by gambort

tim

Well, "aborigine" simply means an indiginous person and is not specific to any region, so i'd say that the original title was fine as it was. If he had called it "Australian aborigine", that would be a different matter entirely. Also, your illustrative comparison was a little off, as RussianBear's vig is clearly not a parody.

Anyway, enough of that. That's a cute little vig RussianBear, i'm curious about the little dragon/dinosaur.. Is it his pet? Will he have to share his fish with it?? :laugh:

Huh? My goal was to point out that it would be considered offensive and illustrate with an example. I don't like being told something might be rude without being given an idea why. So following the 'do unto others as you would have other do unto you' principle I extend this to others.

Although I do find your use of underlining when it should be italics a personal affront. You're a very bad mannered cur.

Tim

Oh, I'm sorry I only use italics online to denote sarcasm. I underline to stress a point (em-boldened text looks so gauche). It's a handy little bit of "netiquette" I developed within other internet comminities.

RB? I hope you didn't mind me changing the name, it does avoid further issues in the future.

Oh, I'm sorry I only use italics online to denote sarcasm. I underline to stress a point (em-boldened text looks so gauche). It's a handy little bit of "netiquette" I developed within other internet comminities.

RB? I hope you didn't mind me changing the name, it does avoid further issues in the future.

Perhaps you should brush up on basic writing skills and only then proceed to "netiquette". Your other internet communities obviously aren't familiar with the standard use of typographical convention but I am.

Italics is traditionally used to stress a point, to indicate use of a lengua extranjera and a few other things. Your use in sarcasm was, however, correct as you are emphasising the point, however ignorant the point may be.

Thanks for the lesson in gaucheness, next time it might even be by information rather than example.

Tim

Edited by gambort

Ok, I think people need to relax a little bit in this topic. It seems to be veering off into an unpleasant direction. I am going to enjoy this creation for the quality of the build rather than any racial connotations implied, inferred or imagined. Lets all try to enjoy Eurobricks and move along (nothing to see here :laugh: )

I also wanna do this for my caveman. You inspired me.

I want to do this with his wife in series 5. A pair of couple.