Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I was disappointed that the BP had a lower price & part point than the QAR. If anything I would have liked it to be 1000+ parts. But we do know that it will around 800+. Very likely it will have Jack, Will, Elizabeth, I hope for some more soldiers/officers, even if they weren't in that scene, as well as a kraken similar to this in earth orange or similar color. Why? Because I think including the kraken is highly plausible.

I'd rather have a good looking ship than parts of a destroyed ship and some extra pieces that form a partial Kraken.

I agree, well built ship, and maybe 50-60 parts for a kraken. Like the giant squid I mentioned, would be fine for me.

The BP should be massive with all of the crew and it shouldn't be based on a particular movie, but based on all.

Yes I agree as well with this.

The list is partly believable, and partly a load of what-comes-the-back-end-of-a-cow ! :pir_laugh2:

Honesty how can anyone believe it really.....using pictures of other peoples MOC's as sets.....how stupid does that poster on that Wiki page think we all are ! :hmpf_bad:

If there is a second wave we will not find out until at least September.

I hope we get the Interceptor and the Providence.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you, the poster on Wiki is not even 15 yet !

How the smeg would he know (assuming it's male that is).

It seems more to be a wish list than anything else, though extra sets would be nice - we must wait until Lego and/or Disney say there is a second wave. Till then there is only one wave plus one more ship in November. :pir-wink:

But remember, HP last year has two waves plus a fancy mega-set in the middle, then again the final film was spilt into 2010 and 2011 releases.

Keep on waiting, sailing and drinking rum ! :pir-grin:

I hope we get the Interceptor and the Providence.

That Providence is a MOC ship, you can find it in Ship MOC index. :pir-sceptic:

That list was really bad, they have taken some our MOC`s on the list and made a backround story for their heads.

So lame at i cant even belive it. :pir-sceptic:

Captain Becker

I am expecting the BP to be similar to the BB just with an extra hull piece and a different cabin. As long as It has plenty modding opportunities then it is fine for me. Also who says it won't have the Kraken? I can't see any other way of making the Kraken in any other set, I mean if it is similar to the BB then we could expect about 600 parts for the actual ship and about 200 pieces to make the kraken, seems fairly decent to me.

:jollyroger:

I am expecting the BP to be similar to the BB just with an extra hull piece and a different cabin. As long as It has plenty modding opportunities then it is fine for me. Also who says it won't have the Kraken? I can't see any other way of making the Kraken in any other set, I mean if it is similar to the BB then we could expect about 600 parts for the actual ship and about 200 pieces to make the kraken, seems fairly decent to me.

I agree. For under 600 pieces, Brickbeard's Bounty was a fine ship. However, I hope the BP has more than 3 :cannon: and Davy Jones. :pir-wub:

When we get the Black Pearl .. It will probably have another Jack, Elizabeth and Will . but I'd also like to see 2 extra crew mates on board.. Ragetti and Pintel [they are the wooden eye man and the Ello Poppet guy] Ragetti and Pintel have been in each movie and have been on the Black Pearl longer than anyone.

Maybe Lego could give them reversible faces so that they also become skeletons to cover the first movie.

I'm also hoping that we see Mickey and Cotton made as figures. [short guy and the old guy with the parrot]

Edited by dyntar

Okay so we have slightly ascertained that Davy Jones is in the new sets, but do you think this is the official minifigure? I would think so.

Davyjones.png

When we get the Black Pearl .. It will probably have another Jack, Elizabeth and Will . but I'd also like to see 2 extra crew mates on board.. Ragetti and Pintel [they are the wooden eye man and the Ello Poppet guy] Ragetti and Pintel have been in each movie and have been on the Black Pearl longer than anyone.

Maybe Lego could give them reversible faces so that they also become skeletons to cover the first movie.

I'm also hoping that we see Mickey and Cotton made as figures. [short guy and the old guy with the parrot]

Yeah, Pintel and Ragetti are most likely to be included. Mickey? It's Marty. Although I wouldn't object to a talking mouse on the BP :pir-laugh:

Okay so we have slightly ascertained that Davy Jones is in the new sets, but do you think this is the official minifigure? I would think so.

Davyjones.png

I think so to. They did such a great job :pir-wub: !

I think that's close to the Davy Jones figure we'll get but it will probably use the claw from lobster man in the Atlantis sets. The claws held in the minifigs hand.

Why is everyone so eager to see Davy Jones in the Black Pearl set? He was never on the ship ... I'd prefer to see the flying Dutchman made as well!

Why is everyone so eager to see Davy Jones in the Black Pearl set? He was never on the ship ... I'd prefer to see the flying Dutchman made as well!

He was on it for a few minutes in DMC & AWE.

i gon't think everyone necessarily WANTS him on the BP, people just want him period!! :pir_laugh2: but, I agree. A Flying Dutchman would be awesome!!

Davyjones.png

I sure hope so!!! That is spot on, I think!! But, sadly, Lego tends to like to change what the figs look like from game to sets.

Edited by Harrypotterfreak

i gon't think everyone necessarily WANTS him on the BP, people just want him period!! :pir_laugh2: but, I agree. A Flying Dutchman would be awesome!!

I sure hope so!!! That is spot on, I think!! But, sadly, Lego tends to like to change what the figs look like from game to sets.

True. If we get him in BP or in a future set, he'll either be like that or have the Atlantis crab arm instead.

Also, 50th post (the same amount of Disney animated films) :pir-laugh: .

Davyjones.png

I hope this is the new piece, in animated form. I would assume it would be made of the same material as the new fishermans beard It's rubbery like Kit Fisto's head.

That pic of Davey Jones is from the new game (along with over 70+ others)

If this theme continues there are some great molds to come too ( if the game is anything to go by).

I would like him more if he had leg printing, I would also like to add the tattered LEGO cape to him. Even if he doesn't have leg printing the left leg of the Norrington minifig would suffice.

Does anyone know if we will ever see PotC keychains and magnets? They are usually released along with the sets, and they've almost been out for a month now...

I have all the sets except QAR now. Is anyone else as amused as I am that every set has two 1x1 printed tile pieces of a compass as an accessory for Jack? I find it to be a nice little bonus. I can see using those tiles as nice decorative garnish, maybe around an awning or the corners of a doorway, or something like that.

I only remember Jack using the compass in one of the movies. But they include it in every set. But it's quite possible that my memory is fuzzy here. Did the compass actually play a role in every movie?

Yes the compass played a role in every movie. In the first, it's magical abilities of "pointing to what you want most" was not introduced yet, but it was believed that the compass led to the Isla de Muerta only. In the second it had a much larger role, because of the whole magic compass thing, and in the third, although it's role is rather small, at the end of the third movie, it points Jack in the direction that would start his adventure for the Aqua de Vida.

Yes the compass played a role in every movie. In the first, it's magical abilities of "pointing to what you want most" was not introduced yet, but it was believed that the compass led to the Isla de Muerta only. In the second it had a much larger role, because of the whole magic compass thing, and in the third, although it's role is rather small, at the end of the third movie, it points Jack in the direction that would start his adventure for the Aqua de Vida.

It also played a pivotal role in determining what happened with the Imperial fleet finding Shipwreck Cove and whether or not Will would be able to lead them there.