Clone OPatra

Single Pane Star Wars Funnies

I preferred Cloney's dirty version - but then, I have a dirty mind.

Same basic concept, but still funny for different reasons. I like yours (as always) because your photography consistently knocks mine out of the park.

I really need to make some more of my own soon. I feel slightly guilty that I've fallen to the wayside (again), but even more guilty that I spent so much money on CW figs and now have not been putting them to any use for months! For shame! I do have another multi-theme crossover with external pop culture references in mind, so perhaps I will get to it sometime. I'm not sure anybody would get it though; we'll seeā€¦

HAH! Clony, that one is just awesome! :laugh: Nice work! One of the best ones yet!

Hmm, now that I think about it, there could even be that added meaning of Barbossa telling Vader to say 'ar!' because Barbossa is a pirate.

Still, my original meaning was a take on The King's Speech (hence the title The Lord's Speech). Geoffrey Rush, who plays Barbossa, also plays the speech therapist in The King's Speech. In the film, he calls the king Bertie, which is why I have him calling Vader 'Ani.'

Hey everyone, sorry I've been away for a while. Cloney, I love crossover jokes so I love that one! I foresee more Pirates crossovers in the near future!

Leg-odt, Geofferey Rush played speech therapist Lionel Logue in the Academy Award-winning film The King's Speech. He also plays Captain Barbossa in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Instead of helping the king with his stutter, here he's helping Lord Vader with his.

Edited by Jedd the Jedi

In the UK and Australia we have the additional twist on the joke that sounds like he is saying 'Roll your a-r-s-e' - whereas in the US you would say 'a-s-s'.

Ah, I'd forgotten that one! I stumbled into so many alternative ways for that punch line being a joke without even knowing it.

I like your second punch line better Praiter. The first one makes me cringe just thinking about if they replaced the iconic Vader voice.

:laugh: These comics that make fun of these types of changes to the movies are some of my favorites. (let's just hope you aren't right...)

Nice! I tried doing that sort of joke with the Horn company troop, but it didn't work out. Great to see a better version.

One of the reasons that it might work better with EpIII troopers is because they're far more subtle. Even though their prints are somewhat simple compared to CW Clones, EpIII Clones are still my favorite. Their helmets and subtle differences are so classy.

:laugh: Nice one, Cloney O'.

Even though their prints are somewhat simple compared to CW Clones, EpIII Clones are still my favorite. Their helmets and subtle differences are so classy.

Agreed. Phase 2s are definitely better than Phase 1s. (even if I think Stormies are better than Phase 2s, Snowies better than Stormies, and Scouts better than all)

Still, my original meaning was a take on The King's Speech (hence the title The Lord's Speech). Geoffrey Rush, who plays Barbossa, also plays the speech therapist in The King's Speech. In the film, he calls the king Bertie, which is why I have him calling Vader 'Ani.'

Leg-odt, Geofferey Rush played speech therapist Lionel Logue in the Academy Award-winning film The King's Speech. He also plays Captain Barbossa in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Instead of helping the king with his stutter, here he's helping Lord Vader with his.

Thanks, I thought it had to do with the kings speech, but I thought you were making an a-r-s-e joke, but didn't know Barbarossa and Louge were played by the same person. :hmpf:

Edited by Leg-godt

I wander in here every so often, and never had any intentions to post, but given the fact that Clone O'Patra has made me laugh out loud twice on one page warranted a quick message to say how much I liked them. Plus as always, they're great pictures.

I must admit, my sense of humour is really on the same level as Praiter Yed :blush:, so while I'm here let me say I enjoy yours, too, and I also like your pictures.

Please, both, keep them coming!

:laugh: Hahaha great one I think I will make a few of my own later if thats ok.

Of course, please contribute!