Sign in to follow this  
Cecilie

Cecilie's Collectable Minifigures vignettes - series 4

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I finished series 4 during easter, just in time to take pictures of them, and pack them away to take with me to AFOLCon in Manchester, where I have enough space to have all 4 series next to each other for the first time! Luckily, they all survived the transport on the plane, so scroll down for a picture of them all. But first, a close up of a selected few.

5662150344_dbacf5d45d_z.jpg

5662143572_91a0eb14f7_z.jpg

5662143570_98a18755af_z.jpg

5662140708_c0866ffdc7_z.jpg

5662140696_3713e8caef_z.jpg

5662140690_d66673bb6d_z.jpg

5662140686_e34e109ac9_z.jpg

Yes, I couldn't resist, the vig of the mad scientist and the monster fit together as a pair:

5662140688_d2e510aba5_z.jpg

Series 4 together:

5662153276_d97d0b5277_z.jpg

And series 1 to 4 together:

5670702982_b7bc3b2fbf_z.jpg

As usual, you can see them all in my flickr stream :sweet:.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Excellent work with all the vigs, Cecilie! My favorite is probably the Hazmat's vig; the posing is just perfect. They look very impressive all together.

I love to see your vignettes, Cecilie! This is a very original trend you've started with these, and they're all very creative! Well done!

Another excellent batch of mini-vigs for the recent CMS 4 minifigs Cecilie! The Hazmat and the Geisha ones are my favorites among these. Great job once again and keep 'em coming for the next series. :thumbup:

Hooray! It's finally here. Another awesome job, as usual. Now to series 5 ideas. I love the scenes you create, so little...yet so detailed!

Edited by Legocrazy81

Wow... great idea and all yr vigs are top notch too! :classic: I do like the scientist/frankenstein combo, as well as the falling drums in the hazmat dude vig. The tiny bonzai in the kimono woman's vig is awesome too.

I do find the wall of them all together very confusing though - my eye isn't sure where to look first! I reckon they'd look better spaced apart somehow.

Very lovely to see your series 4 vignettes. Must say just like KielDaMan that my favorites are also the Gheisa and Hazemat, but others are great too.

Great work Cecilie default_thumbup.gif Once again great work.

The skateboarder has to be my favorite next to the Hazmat guy and his falling barrels.

Looking forward to series 5!

When I first saw your vignettes of the earlier series of CMFs I thought they were an ingenious way to display your collection, and it is delightful to see you carry this on for series 4. There are some fantastic little scenes in there (my eye was drawn to the very large ice-cream in the background of surfer-girl's vig!) and they stack together so well. The Frankenstein's monster and Scientist vigs work very well, both individually and together, and there are other clever ideas such as the bonsai tree in the Geisha vig.

It's great that you're displaying these, as no matter how good the photos are (and they are good, to my eyes) LEGO always looks better in real life, and I'm glad people will have the opportunity to see these up close.

Like others, I too will be excited to see what you come up with for series 5! :sweet:

Awesome job. They really depict the characters very nicely. My favorite is probably the hazmat one.

Great job :thumbup:

Brilliant vigs yet again! You've really got quite a collection going on there, surely the room won't be wide enough soon! Might have to build upwards more...

Wow that's awesome :thumbup: They're all great and my favourites are the indian, disco-guy, spartan and spacevillan.

But of course, in the end it's the entire shelf that makes this so special.

Well done!

Thanks everyone for your nice comments :sweet:. Seems like you guys can't get enough of these :laugh:.

I reckon they'd look better spaced apart somehow.

That would kind of defeat the purpose, which is to have a modular display shelf :wink:.

It's great that you're displaying these, as no matter how good the photos are (and they are good, to my eyes) LEGO always looks better in real life, and I'm glad people will have the opportunity to see these up close.

That's true, a picture can never replace the real thing. You should have seen all the kids passing by my display here. They are all going "look! It's the minifigures!". And then they are leaning over the barriers and pointing as close as they can while stating which figs they like, own or can spot. :laugh:

Great continuation! My favourite one of this batch is the Hamzat suit guy, and nice job creating the curve on the hockey vig :thumbup:

Very nice. Hard to pick just one favorite. They're all so good.

The long awaited sequel is finally here! I am glad to see all 64 vigs being placed together. I could never thought you will actually do that but still I am glad you did. :wub:

All of the 16 vigs in Series 4 are of a high standard and every bit of it tells a different story. Thank you for sharing and I am looking forward to more of your wonderful creations. :thumbup:

Wow very nicely done, makes the minifig really come a life in it's own scene.

Thanks :sweet:. Yes, I try to make the figs look "alive" in their scenes.

Great continuation! My favourite one of this batch is the Hamzat suit guy, and nice job creating the curve on the hockey vig :thumbup:

The hazmat guy is my favourite too :wink:.

Very nice. Hard to pick just one favorite. They're all so good.

The long awaited sequel is finally here! I am glad to see all 64 vigs being placed together. I could never thought you will actually do that but still I am glad you did. :wub:

All of the 16 vigs in Series 4 are of a high standard and every bit of it tells a different story. Thank you for sharing and I am looking forward to more of your wonderful creations. :thumbup:

I never thought I would be able to display them all together either, and I guess exhibitions is the only place I'll have the space to do so. At least until I can move into a castle or something :laugh:. I'm just wondering how it's all gonna look when we reach series 42! :tongue:

Nice work Cecilie. My favorite has to be the Musketeer. The walls are well detailed as well as the floor. All the scenes are well built. truly the best vignettes of the minifig series I've seen so far.