Anio

UCS Juggernaut HAVw A6

? :blush:

There is a Providence class destroyer/carrier (Invisible Hand) in your sig with no link will this be a MOC with a link on EB in the near future?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Edited by Mr Man

There is a Providence class destroyer/carrier (Invisible Hand) in your sig with no link will this be a MOC with a link on EB in the near future?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

You can look at his build thread for it on setechnic.com

You can look at his build thread for it on setechnic.com

Thanks, I was just wondering if it was going to be posted here, the others in His sig have (I think).

Thanks, I was just wondering if it was going to be posted here, the others in His sig have (I think).

I think I remember it was because the Invisible Hand wasn't an MOC. (or at least not his, I think)

I think I remember it was because the Invisible Hand wasn't an MOC. (or at least not his, I think)

Yes, the MOC in his signature was Curtis Black's. He did make a more dimensionally accurate Providence in LDD, though I don't think he actually built it.

Yes, the MOC in his signature was Curtis Black's. He did make a more dimensionally accurate Providence in LDD, though I don't think he actually built it.

Ah OK then thanks.

Eventually, I decided not to redo the Invisible Hand.

The bigger version (110 cm) is very very ugly.

And a smaller (70 cm but much thiner) one would be ridiculous. :/

So, my conclusion is that Curtis' IH has good compromises. Proportions are off, but many shapes are still good. The model look good to me.

Anyway, I'm building something else at the moment. :p

Awesome juggernaut. The amount of details you have put on it is just amazing. The only thing I could see being improved by is adding a watch tower.

Great job :thumbup:

Sorry to post in that old topic.

But today, Cypr-21, a member of SeTechnic, did a great job.

Indeed, he reproduced the Juggernaut I did with LDD.

So, now, if any of you want to reproduce my Juggernaut, it is possible ! :)

Here is the file : [edit]instruction for sale[/edit]

Some parts are not well placed (cause sometimes it is not easy), but all the parts are in the file excepted the wheels.

To know where you must place the parts which are next to the model, and to know where you have to use printed parts, use my brickshelf gallery or my website.

And the sticker : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4982966

Hope you appreciate the work Cypr-21 did.

And if you reproduce the MOC, keep me informed ! ;)

PS : my estimate was pretty good since I thought the model was made of 1400 parts. Actually, there are 1431.

Edited by Anio

What I love most about MOC threads is that they end up 10% model and 90% technique, engineering and design questions.

Such fascinating reading and I am so impressed by how generous everyone is with their techniques. Other hobbies I've seen folks get very possessive of their "trade secrets".

What I love most about MOC threads is that they end up 10% model and 90% technique, engineering and design questions.

Indeed, design, technique, how things are built, why they are built in a way and not another one.

THAT is what is interesting, IMO.

Such fascinating reading and I am so impressed by how generous everyone is with their techniques. Other hobbies I've seen folks get very possessive of their "trade secrets".

Generally, I try to explain all the tricks I use. When I have a 3D file, I share it (though I'm still not sure if I'm gonna share the 3D file of my next MOC, because of several reasons :blush: ).

Sometimes (depending on which MOC) I borrow ideas from other people (and I credit them). So, in return, I try to do my best to help the community. :)

Agreed. After all, LEGO is a building toy, so naturally we discuss how to build. :classic:

So, now, if any of you want to reproduce my Juggernaut, it is possible ! :)

Here is the file : <removed the LXF file at the request of the MOC creator>

That is really very generous of you Anio to share the digital file of this fantastic UCS build of yours. An excellent job too to Cpyr-21 for reverse-engineering the design, which is a very difficult task to do. :thumbup:

Some parts are not well placed (cause sometimes it is not easy), but all the parts are in the file excepted the wheels.

I took the liberty to properly add most of the parts and surprisingly, I had an easy time to fix them to the main build. I added an improvised wheel, not exactly the same as the real model but just a 'stand-in' for an acceptable presentation. Below are the image and the updated LXF file (credit still goes to Cpyr-21 for doing 99% of the digital design):

ucs_juggernaut_havwa6_by_anio.png

UCS Juggernaut HAVw A6 by Anio / LXF file by Cpyr-21 - <removed LXF file at the request of the MOC creator>

And if you reproduce the MOC, keep me informed ! ;)

I'll probably take a crack at doing this one. I've always been a fan of your UCS creations and this is a good chance to 'own' one because of the available instructions and considering the part count is realistically and practically attainable. :sweet:

Edited by KielDaMan

For the final inventory to be 100% correct, I did few changes.

It will help a lot to gather all the parts.

The wheels are, as you said, not the good one.

The few Technic parts that are outside of the model are supposed to be in the chassis, to hold the fake suspensions.

This photo should help you to see how these parts are attached :

25.JPG

Edited by Anio

Anyway, I'm building something else at the moment. :p

Sounds interesting, I'm really looking forward to seeing it! Is it another vehicle or ship?

All of your MOCs are amazing (especially the Executor & Slave 1), and it's great that you share your designs :classic:

Sounds interesting, I'm really looking forward to seeing it! Is it another vehicle or ship?

My current project is a secret. :)

Well... not for everyone. ^^

All of your MOCs are amazing (especially the Executor & Slave 1), and it's great that you share your designs :classic:

Thank you. :)

Hi everyone,

I bump this thread to present you the HD instruction of the MOC :

01.jpg

Frousmoul worked hard to produce this instruction. Trust me, it is very well executed...

It is a 255 MB file.

Again, the price is symbolic : 10€.

But to support that kind of work offered to the community, you can give more. No need to say that it will be appreciated. :)

To buy the instruction, send me a PM here, or an email at setechnic@gmail.com

Then, we see how you want to pay (paypal, or bank transfert)

We ask buyer to be fair and not to share this instruction. :)

edit : one page, for example :

assemblagecompletpage67.png