Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

Review - SW Miniland at Legoland Billund

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Here´s the sixth in a series of short reviews from the scenes at the Star Wars Miniland in Legoland Billund. The setup is supposed to be the same in all Legland´s around the world, so for more background information read this post and this post!

The Clone Wars – Christophsis

The seventh cluster shows a scene from the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars on the planet Christophsis. Chronologically, the series takes place between Episode II and Episode III and focuses on the adventures of Anakin and Obi Wan Kenobi as Jedi Knights. The LEGO scene depicts part of the planets surface, with the largest of all LEGO Star Wars models: an approximately 2.50 meter tall building from the Crystal City. There is also a scene showing a battle between Separatist battle droids and Republic clone troopers.

First an overall picture:

gallery_148_146_82198.jpg

and a video:

The Republic clone troopers:

gallery_148_146_312182.jpg

gallery_148_146_138496.jpg

gallery_148_146_259271.jpg

gallery_148_146_31738.jpg

gallery_148_146_178746.jpg

gallery_148_146_89934.jpg

And the the Separatist battle droids:

gallery_148_146_270744.jpg

gallery_148_146_2037.jpg

gallery_148_146_25421.jpg

gallery_148_146_135172.jpg

gallery_148_146_123575.jpg

gallery_148_146_118035.jpg

The action in this scene, grey haze :wink: :

gallery_148_146_321682.jpg

The Jedi´s, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka:

gallery_148_146_264501.jpg

gallery_148_146_11477.jpg

The skyscraper (including shit scared kid):

gallery_148_146_165520.jpg

CopMike out :classic:!

I enjoyed all the displays, but in this I thought that they could have made the crystal thingies from trans-blue LEGO. Also, isn't it a bit cheating to use Duplo on the building? :wink:

After going through all 6 this is my least favorite one of the lot its small and boring, unlike the actual battle in CW.

After going through all 6 this is my least favorite one of the lot its small and boring, unlike the actual battle in CW.

Same here, this is my least favorite among the six, I'm not a fan of the Clone Trooper Miniland figures, and those blue crystal rocks look out of place on the whole set-up. Six down, one more to go, looking forward for the Ep. III - RoTS set-up then.

The AAT's look good though, are they just recoloured AAT's from the PM display?

Wow TLG did a great job on the shit scared kid!!! talk about SNOT hahaha

Seriously though, why is Kenobi's light saber purple? One of the AAT main cannon seems it needs a little "stay up" power. :wink:

All the Sep units look nice, and the Republic ones aren't bad, but that building... there's only one, and it's not that impressive. Almost feels like this scene was a last-second addition. It definitely needs more buildings; as is it feels like something's missing. All in all, also my least favorite of them all.

Thanks again, CopMike!

Wow unimpressive. This is the smallest and ugliest one yet. The clone troopers are like white barf but the AT-TE is pretty awesome. :sadnew:

All the Sep units look nice, and the Republic ones aren't bad, but that building... there's only one, and it's not that impressive. Almost feels like this scene was a last-second addition. It definitely needs more buildings; as is it feels like something's missing. All in all, also my least favorite of them all.

Thanks again, CopMike!

Same here, the Sep models, IMO, look a lot better than the republic ones.

Eagerly awaiting ROTS(Obviously.. :laugh:) :oh:

Thanks again, CopMike!

Agreed. After seeing how sparse Echo Base was I thought they'd really go all out on The Clone Wars (being all the rage lately), but it appears to be quite the opposite. What, only one building?

Eh, Mustafar will be better.

The Seps look great, but the Clones look like... :sick: . Terrible design on them. I also believe that the ice blocks could have been made of trans-dark blue bricks instead.

~Bayonet

Eh, Mustafar will be better.

That would be an even worse setup than this one, it should be Kashyyyk or Utapau.

One of the more fun ones but not so impressive. I do like what they've done on the droids, and the clones though.

That would be an even worse setup than this one, it should be Kashyyyk or Utapau.

Kashyyyk and Mustafar are both being done as Sith scenes.

Kashyyyk and Mustafar are both being done as Sith scenes.

Oh right, hence the Juggernaut and AT-AP. At the very least, we know that the models themselves will look great.