KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Well happy easter! here is a picture of the content for the SW advent calendar!

Yay! :classic:

The Advent Calendar has become a must-get due to that black Astromech. I forget his name, but he was previously only in that large Death Star set.

The mini vehicles/droids are... nice, I guess. I wonder if that lightsaber will have the new green blade?

Edit: I've finally been able to take a good look at a Mouse droid. I've analysed it, and now I shall begin creating an army of Mouse droids. :tongue:

Edited by Delta 38

Also what is that thing below the X-wing?

A Y-wing on the right and a weapons stand(?) on the left. Both rather ugly.

The best part of that advent calendar is the Christmas tree! Awesome! And the Yoda that looks like one of those creatures from the movie 'Gremlins'. I will absolutely not be buying this.

Thanks for sharing this new image grogall! The selection is pretty good in the perspective of an Advent Calendar. I think it's rather silly to expect some degree of complexity and high accuracy in the mini-builds, they are simple yet make for recognizable mini renditions of the real vehicles/elements. The minifig line-up is also quite ok IMO, a nice combination of rare figs (R2-Q5, clone pilot, Santa Yoda) and not-so-rare ones (Chewie, Rebel Pilot, Gunray, BD). I'm not gonna get this, but I'm sure it's a must-have for any die-hard LSW collector.

Appreciate it for what it is, and not for what it's not.

Now that we have pictures, i think i'll get this only for the figures, considering the rest is just fodder.

A slightly better picture of the new Naboo Starfighter!

c_7877_detail_1.jpg

enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Thanks, grogall. Nothing new of note that I can spot, but it's nice to have new pics to look at. :classic:

It looks like they even reused the stickers from 7660. EDIT: Other than the one on the yellow slope behind the Astro-droid socket.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Well it does look an awful lot like this:

5535899615_23918f8fdb.jpg

And the image looks a lot like the ones on the calendars. (CGI model w/o studs, circular background)

Thats me and Dan and Marianne... =D and Yoda of course!

The naboo fighter looks great, except for all those stickers.

Also, that's a spiffy droideka, even if it's huge.

The X-wing, y-wing, and Spider Droid are great (for lightsabre hilts that is :laugh:), the figs are good too, but I don't know what I'd do with a 2nd Gunray. Some of the micros like the Radiant Star, LAAT/i, snowspeeder, and erm that's it, do look quite nice, and the TIE pilot is great :wub:.

The X-wing, y-wing, and Spider Droid are great (for lightsabre hilts that is :laugh:), the figs are good too, but I don't know what I'd do with a 2nd Gunray. Some of the micros like the Radiant Star, LAAT/i, snowspeeder, and erm that's it, do look quite nice, and the TIE pilot is great :wub:.

Make Rune Haako. That's what I'm going to do.

I think the cockpit on the N-1 open like an A-Wing. There's a hinge-like thing

Does anyone have the Euro prizes for the sets that are going to hit the store's ? I scrambled through a 40- odd pages and can't find them.

I guess that considering the PotC Line is rather expensive here, the SW will go through the roof :sad:

Edit : Never mind.. I found them.. It's going to be really Expensive to get those sets :hmpf:

Edited by Saint

I think the cockpit on the N-1 open like an A-Wing. There's a hinge-like thing

There are tiles right up against the canopy piece, so I doubt it...

There are tiles right up against the canopy piece, so I doubt it...

But it uses the new canopy piece that has a bar right up against its tip. All you need is a couple of clips.

A big thanks to commanderneyo and grogall! Every bit of news is highly appreciated. It's very good to see planned release dates for some sets verified and to get a glimpse at the calendar. Will be the first time in decades that i wish to get one. What is the expected price in $ oder €?

A big thanks to commanderneyo and grogall! Every bit of news is highly appreciated. It's very good to see planned release dates for some sets verified and to get a glimpse at the calendar. Will be the first time in decades that i wish to get one. What is the expected price in $ oder €?

Last year's city and kingdom calendars were 35 USD. So I would expect this year's SW calendar to be 40USD or 50 Euros. That's all just speculation though.

Last year's city and kingdom calendars were 35 USD. So I would expect this year's SW calendar to be 40USD or 50 Euros. That's all just speculation though.

At a german online-shop the suggested retail-price is 29,99€ (they offer it for 24,99€ on pre-sale)!

Here's the link: https://exoneit.de/default.asp?ex=shop:produktedetail.asp&Artikel_id=102990&kat_id=328

I'm not really a fan of the figures included in the Advent Calendar. They really should have included all new figures or at least some exclusive figures.

I'm not really a fan of the figures included in the Advent Calendar. They really should have included all new figures or at least some exclusive figures.

Yoda is :classic:

Ow, I just spotted a new helmet on the scout in the endor set :sweet:

They really should have included all new figures or at least some exclusive figures.

I honestly don't understand the complaints of the majority about the figs. Have you guys seen what the CITY and Castle Advent Calendars look like? If I remember right, they also include simply regular minifigs, nothing really special there. From a marketing point of view, I don't see any sense putting all new figs or some exclusive figs on a supplemental non-regular set, where obviously TLG would use those new and exclusive figs as 'drawing factors' for otherwise not-so-great regular sets (Shaak Ti/Saesee Tiin in the T-6 shuttle, Eeth Koth/Quinlan Vos in the upcoming Republic Frigate, just to name a few).

Thanks for the new advent calendar pic. Looks pretty neat to me. I don't get all the complains either. Sure, it's nothing too exciting, but when has an advent calendar ever been? I'm pretty happy with the minifig selection as I don't have about half of them and am not interested in the sets that they come in. And considering the amount of pieces used, I think the mini models are pretty accurate. I find the weapon racks redundant, but I hope the people who complained about there not being any minifig-scale models in this set are happy now.

What is that brown thing next to Gunray? Is that the walking holoprojector that he talks to Sidious on? Looks kinda odd, especially with no hologram on it.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I honestly don't understand the complaints of the majority about the figs. Have you guys seen what the CITY and Castle Advent Calendars look like? If I remember right, they also include simply regular minifigs, nothing really special there. From a marketing point of view, I don't see any sense putting all new figs or some exclusive figs on a supplemental non-regular set, where obviously TLG would use those new and exclusive figs as 'drawing factors' for otherwise not-so-great regular sets (Shaak Ti/Saesee Tiin in the T-6 shuttle, Eeth Koth/Quinlan Vos in the upcoming Republic Frigate, just to name a few).

Yeah, you're right. The figures here aren't really that special, but there's no real reason why they should be, maybe apart from the Christmas Yoda figure for extra incentive.

Still, maybe it's just me, but all of these figures are ones I'd want, even though I already own most of them. Clones and Stormtroopers are always nice, and I don't own that particular Astromech.

What is that brown thing next to Gunray? Is that the walking holoprojector that he talks to Sidious on? Looks kinda odd, especially with no hologram on it.

I think that's meant to be a Crab Droid. I don't know, it's not as recognisable as the other ones.

Still, maybe it's just me, but all of these figures are ones I'd want, even though I already own most of them. Clones and Stormtroopers are always nice, and I don't own that particular Astromech.

No, it's not just you, even I don't even have that black astromech and Gunray, an additional Clone Pilot and BD is always welcome, and of course, that new Santa Yoda is a nice exclusive fig - not really bad of a line-up IMO. This advent calendar gives a chance to others who don't have these figs to finally own them, which is good, but apparently not to those who own multiples of Chewbacca or have hundreds of BDs, Clones, and Stromies in their rich SW collection.

No, it's not just you, even I don't even have that black astromech and Gunray, an additional Clone Pilot and BD is always welcome, and of course, that new Santa Yoda is a nice exclusive fig - not really bad of a line-up IMO. This advent calendar gives a chance to others who don't have these figs to finally own them, which is good, but apparently not to those who own multiples of Chewbacca or have hundreds of BDs, Clones, and Stromies in their rich SW collection.

*nods*

And to add to that, LEGO sets usually have so much more to offer than minifigures. I'm sure there are plenty of kids out there who would think the MINIs and weapons racks in this advent calendar absolutely fabulous even though we AFOLs may think otherwise.