Rufus

D2C Contest: Professor Hale's Oasis Hacienda

Beautiful entry, Rufus! I absolutely love the construction of the building itself, especially the orange, blue, and white tiled patio and the incredible detail of the interior! The convertible you made is also fantastic, I really like the way you incorporated parts from the car from 7682 Shanghai Chase. :thumbup:

I'm soo loving all those Pharaoh's Quest Moc's but this one is just amazing! It has such a great atmosphere and is so full of details that it just creates the desire in me to build something like it myself. And the car pushes all to the level of infinity.....

And btw:

I don't MOC very often,

That's a big mistake!

5609065590_086a1b6ccc_o.gif

Great job Rufus! This set is perfect, except that there aren't too many play features (After all, this is a children's product), so I'd put a mummy creature or mummy minifigures attacking the building to balance the good-bad out. Kids will be able to battle and stuff. But besides that this is great! Its the most real size, not to big or to small like other entries (I am not saying these entries are bad, so please don't feel offended), and it includes lots of minifigures. Great work!

Wow, what an amazing entry! Amazing convertable, and such a beautiful building. I love the light up fireplace, and the add-on of the waterfall is just brilliant. So, so good! :wub:

Great job Rufus!

My yet to be photographed entry is located in an oasis too, but I'm afraid it won't stand a chance against yours.

The modularity is great and you achieve to give an oasis feel with a quite small area (foutain and tree) :thumbup:.

Good luck in the contest!

Thank you for your kind comment! I wish you all the best too :sweet:

What a beautiful and creative entry Rufus! :wub:

The color scheme is immediately pleasant to the eye and the smoothness of the facade is akin to hacienda architecture! The oasis is a very neat touch to augment the feel of a refreshing spot in the desert. What really knocks it out of the park for me is the interior: So much thought about art and functionality has gone into the layout which looks like a functioning and livable environment for the professor to inhabit. :thumbup: From his office with the small bookshelf to the kitchen with the corner sink, to the epic stairwell complete with trophies from archeological expeditions, this is a very tidy and very pleasant build! You should revel in the glory of this work! :thumbup:

Good luck in the contest although I know this entry will do quite well! :wink:

Thank you, Sirens! :blush:

WOW! AMAZING!

One of the best custom sets I ever saw! I would totally buy this!

I love all the details! the waterfall! the lightbrick in the fireplace! and the bookcase!

:laugh::wink:

:blush: again! Thanks!

Fantastic entry Rufus :thumbup:

I would buy this set without hesitation.

Good luck in the contest.

Thank you, kris! My aim was to make a set that people would want to buy, so I'm glad you think so.

Beautiful entry, Rufus! I absolutely love the construction of the building itself, especially the orange, blue, and white tiled patio and the incredible detail of the interior! The convertible you made is also fantastic, I really like the way you incorporated parts from the car from 7682 Shanghai Chase. :thumbup:

Thanks, CT! I was originally going to make a custom roof cover, but the Shanghai Chase roof material fits perfectly. Nicely spotted :wink:

I'm soo loving all those Pharaoh's Quest Moc's but this one is just amazing! It has such a great atmosphere and is so full of details that it just creates the desire in me to build something like it myself. And the car pushes all to the level of infinity.....

Thanks, Skalldyr! I will try to MOC more just for you :sweet:

Great job Rufus! This set is perfect, except that there aren't too many play features (After all, this is a children's product), so I'd put a mummy creature or mummy minifigures attacking the building to balance the good-bad out. Kids will be able to battle and stuff. But besides that this is great! Its the most real size, not to big or to small like other entries (I am not saying these entries are bad, so please don't feel offended), and it includes lots of minifigures. Great work!

I agree about the play features; however, as a D2C set, I think this might appeal more to adults or older kids, like the modular city range, and is meant to complement the other PQ sets. I actually worried that adding a mummy attack or similar would look like an afterthought and might be a distraction from the main focus. Plus, it occurred to me that in none of the official PQ sets is there anything resembling a 'base' for Raines & Co. to operate from. But thanks!

Wow, what an amazing entry! Amazing convertable, and such a beautiful building. I love the light up fireplace, and the add-on of the waterfall is just brilliant. So, so good! :wub:

Thanks, gabe!

Rufus,

What a cool house!

The clay tile roof and tile floor of the front porch are lovely.

Wish they had had a house set like this in this theme because the Moorish parts and colors make it quite catching.

Another masterful job with so many fine touches! Keep up the fine work!