Sign in to follow this  
Praiter Yed

Lord Vader's 74-Z Advanced

Lord Vader is in the middle of a huge mid-life-crisis. He's already pimped his TIE fighter and got himself a bigger Star Destroyer than anyone else, but now he's seeking to re-live the thrills of his youth by building stuff with Lego racing speeder bikes on Endor. With his new prototype 74-Z Advanced Speeder he's sure to win every-time.

01_vaders_personal_speeder.jpg

02_vaders_personal_speeder.jpg

03_vaders_personal_speeder.jpg

04_vaders_personal_speeder.jpg

05_vaders_personal_speeder.jpg

More here when public.

EDIT: After looking at some other MOC speeder bikes today, I've realised that my part usage for the outrigger/blaster cannon combo are the same as Larry Lars' design. Although I didn't seek reference whilst building this I have seen Lars' speeder previously and must assume that it had some influence.

Edited by Praiter Yed

I like this one, Praiter Yed, especially the steering vanes. You're becoming quite the expert at these smaller sized builds. :thumbup:

Great entry Praiter! :thumbup: I really like the detailing of this speederbike, especially the flag-ski-PoP claw combo in the front, as well as the 'normal biker leg positioning' of Vader (though I'm trying to figure out how you did that without using a standard motorcycle body piece). Best of luck in the contest!

I like this one, Praiter Yed, especially the steering vanes. You're becoming quite the expert at these smaller sized builds. :thumbup:

Thanks Brickdoctor. MOC-ing takes me soo long I don't think I'd ever finish anything much bigger than a speeder :grin: . Plus, I need to increase my Lego collection :wink: .

Interesting use of the POP claws.

Thanks Solscud007.

Great entry Praiter! :thumbup: I really like the detailing of this speederbike, especially the flag-ski-PoP claw combo in the front, as well as the 'normal biker leg positioning' of Vader (though I'm trying to figure out how you did that without using a standard motorcycle body piece). Best of luck in the contest!

Thanks KDM. The figure is sat on one of these. I experimented with sliding the legs over the side of a panel and although it could work, it put more strain on the legs than the door piece and didn't really suit my requirements. My aim was to get Vader's feet to touch the pedals and with the pedals angled upwards, they can - but it just looks wrong that way - so bit of a failure in that respect :hmpf_bad:.

vaders_speeder_rear_technique.jpg

Vader is now suffering severe cheek chafing from the saddle like a razor blade.

EDIT: Updated 1st post to include new pictures.

Edited by Praiter Yed

Thank you Mr McDuck, but Vader does have a speederbike and this is it - I don't just make this stuff up. :wink:

The figure is sat on one of these. I experimented with sliding the legs over the side of a panel and although it could work, it put more strain on the legs than the door piece and didn't really suit my requirements. My aim was to get Vader's feet to touch the pedals and with the pedals angled upwards, they can - but it just looks wrong that way - so bit of a failure in that respect :hmpf_bad:.

Wow, that is quite an ingenious part usage. That 'minifig leg biker position' is something that is hard to pull-off without using the standard motorcycle body, and that 'door solution' is really clever I must say. Impressive! :thumbup:

What are the pedals clipped to? Is it a piece of pneumatic tubing cut down?

Yes.

Wow, that is quite an ingenious part usage. That 'minifig leg biker position' is something that is hard to pull-off without using the standard motorcycle body, and that 'door solution' is really clever I must say. Impressive! :thumbup:

Thanks again KDM, the door is a reasonable solution for a display model but not one I'd let my kids get their hands on. I've just ordered one of these from BL - I'm hoping that will be sturdier, allow the figure to sit lower and create a smaller mid-section... fingers crossed.

This is really nice , love the front part and the very back too !

Thanks troopmaker.

No fair! Just because Vader's second in command of the galaxy, doesn't mean he has to get all the cool toys! :tongue: Ingenious build! :thumbup:

Awesome! Very nice mix of Vader and the 74-z speeder bike.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks Darth Yogi

No fair! Just because Vader's second in command of the galaxy, doesn't mean he has to get all the cool toys! :tongue: Ingenious build! :thumbup:

Being second in command has it's advantages. He commissioned this speeder personally and the Emperor doesn't even know what he's up to. You should hear some of the excuses he's given to his master so that he can sneak off to Endor for a spot of racing; "I must travel to the forest moon to oversee the installation of some double blast doors", "I must visit some old witch on the forest moon", "A small rebel force has penetrated the shield and landed on Endor. My son is with them." (bit of a coincidence that last one). And thanks.