Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Huuuuge Imperial Sculpture!!!

Approximately how big is that in (metres preferably)? It would be good if there was a person in that picture to give me a sense of scale.

I've been in LEGOland Billund once, and what surprises me is that nobody mentioned something about the very big LEGO Black Seas Barracude in the cave, it is a real beauty, sadly I couldn't take a picture, it was too dark for my camera :-(

Roughly how big would you say it was? And how much more of it is there which cannot be seen in that picture?

That's the whole fort except for a rope bridge (at the same scale) round the back. The full tour also features the CC with firing cannons and a whole lot of pirate-in-cave scenes...

God Bless,

Nathan

The ride has the caribbean clipper? Is it made of Lego?

These pictures are excellent, not many pictures exist closer to the fort and I have never been to the Danish lego park. I have only been to the windsor park.

As for the forts scale its obviously smaller. The jail cell at the back of elderado fortress has been removed (So tempted to call it fort sabre!).

Its always good to see pirate resources like these detailing what lengths Lego went to promote the Pirate theme. Lots of the Imperial soldiers Flags aroudn the park.

The ride has the caribbean clipper? Is it made of Lego?

I don't know anything about a big CC out of LEGO, but I do know that there is a big BSB made out of lego in the Danish Park.

Imagine the poor fella that will have to change over the characters skin tone from yellow to the new more realistic skin tone...unless they all have yellow fever!

Changing the skin tones would be sacriledge! Its not like yellow skinned mini-figures are becoming obsolete - is it? Or has there be news I don't know about? Still, even if all the mini-figures did become skin tone why would this sculpture need to be updated? That's like putting pants on David (or some other daft artistic analogy that fits)

Did anyone notice that pirate fella in the cave at the very right of the picture?

Poor David. he's been neked for years and years maybe he does need pants....and to be painted with the new skin tone as well! But seriously if they discontinue the old yellow and start using the new skin tone for all lego lines there's gonna be an awful lot of orientals in my lego armies. I've got like 1200 minifigs and only a handful are of the new variety.

Aaron

PS For anyone offended by my above comments on color of skin please forgive me, I'm English Canadian we only pick on the French Canadians...and for any one who's French or French Canadian, my wife is French Canadian which makes my children half french and provides me with partial immunity and if you've ever heard the french around here it would make you laugh. Example:" Oui je messais le car dans la garage et je go for un walk avec mon dog." Wait...yep...I rambling...sorry

Changing the skin tones would be sacriledge! Its not like yellow skinned mini-figures are becoming obsolete - is it? Or has there be news I don't know about? Still, even if all the mini-figures did become skin tone why would this sculpture need to be updated? That's like putting pants on David (or some other daft artistic analogy that fits)

Was there anything as good as this at the Windsor Park, Commodore?

Theres pirate falls, which is pretty much just a standard theme park log flume, Lots of pirates dotted around it though.When I vistedit was in 1998 when pirates were no longer available, so there were no pirate sets to purchase. But strangely they had lego commercials on a loop in the gift shop including the pirate ones.

Whheeezzeee. That's aswome looking. if only lego sold a set like that one in that size ;-)

Did anyone notice that pirate fella in the cave at the very right of the picture?

No. Why is he poor? He's obviously escaped imprisioned he should be very happy.

PS For anyone offended by my above comments on color of skin please forgive me, I'm English Canadian we only pick on the French Canadians...and for any one who's French or French Canadian, my wife is French Canadian which makes my children half french and provides me with partial immunity and if you've ever heard the french around here it would make you laugh. Example:" Oui je messais le car dans la garage et je go for un walk avec mon dog." Wait...yep...I rambling...sorry

Since Evil Willy is one the of people you like to chatise he can decide your fate! And he's a moderator too. :-D

No. Why is he poor? He's obviously escaped imprisioned he should be very happy.

Since Evil Willy is one the of people you like to chatise he can decide your fate! And he's a moderator too. :-D

Uhoh! Perhaps if my 3rd project is a french man of war, perhaps I can woo him from hoisting me from a petard.

That thing looks increadible!

It has to be Legoland surely... is that still standing now or was that assembled years ago, when they were selling Pirates? Does anyone have any idea?

I wanna go find it and shoplift the whole thing, might be a bugger to fit in my pocket though. :-P

Just a little FYI: according to the Ultimate LEGO Book, this guy on the small island

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1395713

was added "recently" while the other models have been around longer.

Good work for informing us Governor Broadside. Where can we acquire the Ultimate LEGO Book?

The picture isn't that big so we can post it directly into the thread!

legoland_pirates_004_robinson.jpg

Bugger, had hoped it was up the road in Jolly Ol' Windsor and I might have had a chance to see it. Even looking at the Robinson Crusoe figure on the island, doesn't it make you all wish you had a huge garden with a pool and about 20 tonnes of lego to just build you're own life size sets like this?

The whole island is made of DUPLO-bricks.

I have a lot of pictures of the whole ride.

I'll see if I can find the time, to upload it to Brickshelf tonight.

Duplo? I thought it'd be thousands of System bricks.

Oh yes, the soldiers are - I was talking about the buildings.

Been through my pictures, and I remembered wrong. I only have a few pictures (at least, that's what I've found untill now, I'll keep searching).

The first is of the Island, which is the first thing you see on the ride.

On the picture it's me, with my son and father in law (about 2