Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

Attacking the Outpost

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Plan:

- Rendezvous at the burning tree - 0020 hours (standard Kaminoan time).

- Take out the Battle Droids with Droid Poppers.

- Intercept Mandalorians via Jetpacks, capture the leader.

- 327th rapple up, secure the cargo, and signal reinforcements.

- Interrogate prisoner(s).

5617297220_0cbe2fe77d.jpg

5617297842_9d872bd335.jpg

5616713367_077be900f6.jpg

5616713491_b3d03bc95f.jpg

5616714479_2372e24e7d.jpg

See more in my Flickr. :classic:

Wow, this looks great. I have to say my favorite part is how you did that water in the drainage pipe, it looks like something Robot Chicken would do. This looks like it would be a great battle scene if you could only hit play.

Fantastic work, keep it up.

Nice work with this dio. My thing would be that I think the landscaping could use some work, but everything else looks great.

Nice work with this dio. My thing would be that I think the landscaping could use some work, but everything else looks great.

My thoughts exactly, it's good, but the front seems like the baeplates with some bricks slapped on.

I think you made a awesome scene Jammiedodger714! I like that you found a good way to use that bug ol chunky crane/lego like piece. The water pipe also really stands out for me. Keep on brick-ing! :classic:

Ah, so this is what you've been making instead of whack entries. :tongue: Looks pretty good, but I'm a bit confused. Is the outpost made out of rock or metal or both? Why is that tree burning? Why is this cargo so important? What's the Death Watch's business with the CIS? Some backstory would be nice. Other than that it's a nicely detailed MOC. Much better than your usual baseplate creations anyway. :tongue:

Very well done vig I must say Jammie, the construction of the wall is pretty good, as are the brickbuilt weapons of the clones. The effective positioning of the minifigs really gives the impression of an impending surprise attack, though I don't understand the combination of Phase I and II clones (transition phase perhaps?). But still great job overall. :thumbup:

Wow, this looks great. I have to say my favorite part is how you did that water in the drainage pipe, it looks like something Robot Chicken would do. This looks like it would be a great battle scene if you could only hit play.

Fantastic work, keep it up.

Thanks so much Big Cam! :sweet: I'm glad you like it!

Thankyou. :classic:

Hmm, well, I tried to get a more of a flat look to it because normally, by a base like this, the ground would be flatter from patrols walking to and fro. But hey, we all have our opinions. :tongue:

Nice work,

I love the water and the droid-crane-thingy

Cheers!

My thoughts exactly, it's good, but the front seems like the baeplates with some bricks slapped on.

See above. :tongue:

I think you made a awesome scene Jammiedodger714! I like that you found a good way to use that bug ol chunky crane/lego like piece. The water pipe also really stands out for me. Keep on brick-ing! :classic:

Wow! Thankyou!

Yeah, that thing had been lying around for a while, so I used it in something. :laugh:

Ah, so this is what you've been making instead of whack entries. :tongue: Looks pretty good, but I'm a bit confused. Is the outpost made out of rock or metal or both? Why is that tree burning? Why is this cargo so important? What's the Death Watch's business with the CIS? Some backstory would be nice. Other than that it's a nicely detailed MOC. Much better than your usual baseplate creations anyway. :tongue:

Lol, it didn't take that long. :tongue: Wooow. Lots of questions! Right, I'll answer them and add a bit more story to the one there already.

1. Well, I tried to give it the look of it being built into a rock face with the transition from BURPs to smooth bricks, so no it's not metal.

2. The tree is burning because it is their rendezvous point (as it says in the post :tongue: ). The Seps don't think anything of it because of the fuel ejections from various patrol vehicles can cause fires.

3. Well, the Republic don't know what it is either, but if the Seps are co-operating with Death Watch again it must be bad! Therefore they want to find out what it is.

4. See above!

Thanks mate! :laugh::tongue:

Very well done vig I must say Jammie, the construction of the wall is pretty good, as are the brickbuilt weapons of the clones. The effective positioning of the minifigs really gives the impression of an impending surprise attack, though I don't understand the combination of Phase I and II clones (transition phase perhaps?). But still great job overall. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Kiel! :classic:

I set it out as if Bly has ARCs in his battalion prior to the armour-switch, so he used the elites instead of the normal soldiers to make the mission easier.

Hey Look! It's Domino Squad! Anyway, I LOVE the fountain!!!!

Thanks a lot, but they're not Domino Squad! :laugh:

Just so y'all know the flickr photos provide more insight into what's going on. I'll update the first post and the photos on flickr with descriptions later. :thumbup:

That's really really cool. The fig posing is amazing! And all of those extra details are wonderful. :thumbup: I LOVE the fact that the droids haven't noticed them! :laugh:

Great job Jammiedodger714, looks just like it came from a CW episode (the 2nd to last one comes to mind), needs more green, but the positioning is great, it really looks like it could spring into action any minute. I especially love the phase 1's clones kit.

Incidentally what is the tan coloured rock bit at centre right, it looks a bit out of place.

Great job though.

That's really really cool. The fig posing is amazing! And all of those extra details are wonderful. :thumbup: I LOVE the fact that the droids haven't noticed them! :laugh:

Thanks so much Masked! :sweet:

:laugh: Yeah, I though I'd follow the trend of the CW where the Battle Droids are pretty much clueles, and useless.

Great job Jammiedodger714, looks just like it came from a CW episode (the 2nd to last one comes to mind), needs more green, but the positioning is great, it really looks like it could spring into action any minute. I especially love the phase 1's clones kit.

Incidentally what is the tan coloured rock bit at centre right, it looks a bit out of place.

Great job though.

Thaks a lot! :classic:

I thought it might add more colour to the MOC, instead of it just being browns, greys and greens. I see what you mean though, more tan bits are in order!

Edited by Jammiedodger714

This is very well made MOC.

And I am really jealous because of Aayla and number of Horn company troopers you have. :sceptic::laugh:

I agree, that is what really grabbed me about this. The posing on the figures. It reminds me of a SWAT team buildup before breaking into a building. Everyone in a position with a specific role and ready to go.

EDIT: Aaargh. Sorry for resurrecting and old Thread, I just noticed now the date as being April 2011, not 2012. I actually found this by going through the MOC index.

Edited by Gory51

I do agree you could change the landscaping a bit as it does seem like random bricks. Try to make it flow or have a natural feeling. The rest of the moc in my option seems great though. :thumbup::classic:

Nice work jamie! The MOC is simple yet very well executed and the photo angles and minifigs positions really set the scene. :thumbup: