Sign in to follow this  
CMP

Rescue at Teth

gallery_101_23_281.gif

5619561053_73d34aa55a_b.jpg

Rescue at Teth by CallMePie, on Flickr

"Apparently after the battle the Seps thought this place'd make a nice little base. We lost General Jori at Gobora II, so we were sent out to rescue him. We made it in, but they found out we there. We got through their patrol squad, but they're still at our backs. We lost Rim, but I've still got Jumper and Blindeye. Grapple droid managed to find us, so we might have a chance yet."

My main camera's broke, so I'm not taking this apart until I get it fixed so I can take some half-decent pics. I got bored and started looking through some vignettes here, pulled over a box of leftover Castle bits, and just began building a giant rock. I also wanted to test out my figure-positioning skills. I like how the sergeant turned out. :grin:

Comments? Besides the horrible quality? :laugh:

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Nice work, I agree the quality could be better. Besides that I am not so sure about that big gun the clone is holding. I really love the posing of the legs and I like "the rock" itself.

Keep up the good work and improve the quality of the pictures

Well I'll just comment on the MOC itself, then. :laugh:

'fig positioning is good, but the whole thing is kinda...dark-ish in color. I don't know if it's just the lighting, but I think you need something bright standing out. (and something you want to be the focal point of the MOC) A yellow clone commander might do the trick.

Interesting MOC 'CallMePieOrDie' (don't worry I will, I want to live....no death wish here...not yet anyway ! :laugh: ) !

Pity your camera failed, hope to see better pictures when you can....oh, is that grey weapon the clone is holding a chain blaster with revolving blaster barrels or flame-thrower ? :wink:

May the brick be with you 'CallMePieOrDie' ! :grin:

Thanks for the comments. :classic:

oh, is that grey weapon the clone is holding a chain blaster with revolving blaster barrels or flame-thrower ? :wink:

That's a chain blaster, yes (mostly taken from the Legonator :blush:) but I'm still trying to figure out a good barrel design.

'fig positioning is good, but the whole thing is kinda...dark-ish in color. I don't know if it's just the lighting, but I think you need something bright standing out. (and something you want to be the focal point of the MOC) A yellow clone commander might do the trick.

That's a good point. I was going to put better colored arms on them at some point. Just gray is a bit boring. :tongue:

That's a good point. I was going to put better colored arms on them at some point. Just gray is a bit boring. :tongue:

I look forward to it. Do you have a CW pilot? If you do, you can put yellow arms on him, exchange his torso for a normal one, and put a visor on his head at an angle that covers the red icons and you'll get a pretty convincing Phase 1 purist commander. Edited by Brickdoctor

Nice rock building technique and I like the way the clone is hanging off the cliff. :classic:

You really did a great job on the rock formation CMP(oD), and the minifig positioning is pretty effective. So well done on both intended purposes of this vig! :thumbup:

I really like your rock work here. Oh and I wouldn't go leaping down a cliff face first unless I was a Jedi. :wink: But that's me. Not bad overall! :thumbup: