Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest Mafia: Day Nine

Players only please!

005.jpg

The people of Spring Haven scattered as the demon creature snapped up Mindy Mouse for a delicious late night snack.

006.jpg

It quickly devoured Mindy, popping her head right out of her body, and extracted her soul...

007.jpg

...leaving a lifeless pile of mouse guts and body parts. Mindy Mouse was no more.

008.jpg

In the morning, Marcellus the Monk entered the village square to an unexpected and exciting sight!

009.jpg

The Baker and his wife had knocked down the gallows and everybody was celebrating their victory over evil! The Village had won!

010.jpg

"A clue is a clue, not a giveaway." Said the frog.

"That's odd," Marcellus answered, "I thought you were dead."

"There's an exclusive club that only allows green frogs," the frog's riddle began, "but the brown frog wants to find a way in..."

"An exclusive what?" Marcellus asked.

011.jpg

"CLUB!" Shouted the frog and knocked Marcellus out of the trance he was in.

012.jpg

"I've been sleep walking," Marcellus the Monk said, "That's a powerful bit of magic I've just encountered. I wonder what it means."

Out of the corner of his eye, Marcellus the Monk noticed the water in the fountain was blood red.

013.jpg

He turned around to behold a horrific sight!

014.jpg

The village square was filled with the sounds of weeping and gnashing of teeth as The Baker and his wife lay slaughtered on the gallows. The body of Mindy Mouse was nowhere to be seen, but it seemed everybody else had survived the night...

Day Nine has begun. Voting is not allowed in the first 24 hours.

Objective

The Villagers must find and eliminate all members of The Demon Legion. The Demon Legion wins when they outnumber the innocent Villagers.

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Village or the Demon Legion. To win the game, the Village must kill off all the Demon Legion, while the Demon Legion needs to outnumber the Village. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, un-voting is to be done in the format; Un-vote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You are only allowed one un-vote a day. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, as well as those that died during the night.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but only in your own words. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. It is very important in this game to not discuss anything with dead players. I will only say this once. Don’t screw yourself over by revealing anything to a player who seems to have been removed from the game. Get it? :wink:

8. You may not edit your posts. 1st offense: penalty vote, 2nd offense: The untimely death of your character and the end of your game. No chance for resurrection.

9. You must post in every day thread. One day without a post and your character will be comically killed off.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. It is recommended that you turn off your profile views for this game.

Players

bruno.jpg

Bruno Bear - Watch Maker

played by Scouts

cameron.jpg

Cameron Crocodile - Carpenter

played by Rufus

edgar.jpg

Edgar Elephant - Fisherman

played by WhiteFang

gabby.jpg

Gabby Goat - Dairy Operator

played by Ricecracker

gilbert.jpg

Gilbert Goat - Schoolteacher

played by Fugazi

horace.jpg

Horace Horse - Blacksmith

played by iamded

kaley.jpg

Kaley Cat - Mill Operator

played by Lord Arjay

marcus.jpg

Marcus Monkey - Apple Seller

played by Inconspicuous

portia.jpg

Portia Poodle - General Store Operator

played by Cornelius Murdock

The Deceased

bristol_dead.jpg

Bristol Bunny - Seamstress - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 2.

played by Bob the Construction Man

wendell_dead.jpg

Wendell Walrus - Librarian - Village - gave his own life on Night 2.

played by Stash2Sixx

brigit_dead.jpg

Brigit Bunny - Florist - Village - murdered on Night 2.

played by Sandy

lauren_dead.jpg

Lauren Lamb - Gardener - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 3.

played by Zepher

lazlo_dead.jpg

Lazlo Lion - Butcher - The Village - died mysteriously on Day 4.

played by TinyPiesRUs

felix_dead.jpgtree_stump_dead.jpgpetey_dead.jpg

Felix Fox - Farmer - Demon Legion - murdered on Night 3 and convicted on Day 4.

played by Shadows

benji_dead.jpg

Benji Bulldog - Hat Maker - The Village - murdered on Night 4.

played by Walter Kovacs

pennie_dead.jpg

Pennie Pig - Spring Haven Mayor - The Village - murdered on Night 4.

played by Eskallon

sheldon_dead.jpg

Sheldon Sheepdog - Toy Maker - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 5.

played by Quarryman

kenda_dead.jpg

Kenda Cat - Baker - The Village - murdered on Night 5.

played by I Scream Clone

helen_dead.jpg

Helen Hippo - Cook - The Village - murdered on night 2 and convicted on Day 6.

played by def

cara_dead.jpg

Cara Cow - Doctor - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 7.

played by badboytje88

booker_dead.jpg

Booker Bear - Garbage Man - The Village - murdered on Nights 1 & 7.

played by Dragonator

becka_dead.jpg

Becka Bulldog - Beautician - The Village - murdered on Night 7.

played by Rick

mindy_dead.jpg

Mindy Mouse - Accountant - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 8.

played by Professor Flitwick

A tribute to EB Mafia All-Star Professor Flitwick:

Baritones - Flint

Rather poorly, if I do say so myself. I didn't help that in those days my grammar and spelling left something to be desired. I just kept blaming the people who found the body, and was killed just to lower the towns numbers, and not due to any threat! :laugh:

Galactic Paranoia - Pvt. Pepper Fletchmen

Better, but not much. I tired to be the beautiful Imperial Priestess, whilst also trying to make good use of my Night Action as the investigator. I never investigated a scum, but I found several innocents and we formed an alliance of sorts (is three people an alliance?), and looked set to win. Then I got host-converted to the Black Sun when Shadows took over. I planned to convince my old allies I was innocent, and that I'd investigate my new allies, and tell the old ones they were innocent. But then I went and got stabbed by Alice, and my whole plan got ruined.

Mystical Castle - Nicholas

My best yet I think. I was very conservative with my voting, and made notes (which I shared with the rest) on how many innocents, Dragons and Neutrals we'd all voted for. This helped prove my innocence, and likely contributed to my first town win.

Dystopia - Pryce Cunningham

The cocky plane crash survivor, modeled on Sawyer from Lost (hence the few nicknames I gave out). I was scum, and planned to fly under the radar, which allowed me to get to the conclusion. Unfortunetly Shadows wouldn't listen when I said someone was being protected, and there was some difficulties with Ricecrakcer/Jimbutcher, and nobody one. :sceptic:

Hogwarts - Neville Longbottom

My third best yet, I think. My knowledge of the H.P universe gave me such enjoyment, and I tried hard to keep up with the game after I went on holiday, but I ended up posting less. Regrettably, my Harry Potter knowledge made me Harry Potter metagame (slightly), so I suspect the wrong people a bit too much (not saying 'Oh, it's Shadows', more like saying 'Oh, it's Malfoy', etc).

Eurodina - Flint Wick

Ridiculous length and size (oh grow up! :tongue: ) aside, I don't think I did too badly. I managed to create a little alliance within the law enforcement, (which likely saved my hide from Shadows' neutral role) and managed to survive until the penultimate day.

Werewolf - Penelope Fletcher

I'll let you be the judge of what you thought of my second best performance!

What can this mean for us now? We can at least be grateful that none of us were killed last night but that is small consolation with the loss of the kindly baker and his wife.

Marcellus, you need to stop eating the mushrooms. I am ever so confused, our beloved Baker and his wife our gone D: ! How could this have happened? They give a blue bottle to Marcellus and the next day they're dead!?!

Truly awful day, today. No result on Mindy's affiliation. At least nobody was burned to death today.

I just hate it when they take the body away! :angry: I hope that Mindy was scum after all, now we'll never know.

Ok so the Arsonist didn't show his sorry big behind* last night... Has anybody got a clue about what happened?

(*brought to you by the word filter)

Not the Baker and his wife! :cry_sad: This is a sorry day indeed.

As the arsonist didn't strike, I can only assume his target was protected, or the scum were up to some other dastardly deed.

Noo! Not the poor baker and his wife! :cry_sad: Stupid mushrooms. And this alleged janitor that prevents us from knowing the conviction results.

Well, what do we do now? Did anyone learn anything of use during the night? There wasn't an Arsonist attack, so perhaps someone was blocked?

Argh! What is this?! And I thought we had won. :cry_sad: Damn you God. I liked those two folks, they were nice...

So anyway, it seems since there were no killings last night, someone was blocked. A blocker has yet to come forth, so I'll have to review the past days and make my own conclusion.

This is so cruel.. For a moment, I thought this nightmare is finally over but now we got another unknown affiliation for Mindy Mouse... Is this another work of the elusive demonic janitor legionnaire??? At the very least, none of us are killed with the exception of the good old Baker and his wife lying dead at the gallows.. :cry_sad:

I am beginning to think that we are very very near to eliminate all of those demons, but now we need to know who to convict next...

On another note, I am beginning to speculate that this last demon standing might have access to have more than 1 powers...

On another note, I am beginning to speculate that this last demon standing might have access to have more than 1 powers...

It looks likely. Since the Arsonist has started to skip nights, I gather that he might be forced (or compelled) to alternate with some other action. Unless he's running out of kerosene, or his target was protected, but we don't have any evidence of that.

Oh dear. It is very sad that more of us have died, the poor Baker and his wifer - they did not deserve such a cruel fate.

It looks likely. Since the Arsonist has started to skip nights, I gather that he might be forced (or compelled) to alternate with some other action. Unless he's running out of kerosene, or his target was protected, but we don't have any evidence of that.

That doesn't seem very plausible to me. I find the explanation that the arsonists killing was interfered with somehow, or that they chose to take some other action - like converting an innocent - more likely.

Mod note: I forgot to upload pictures! :cry_sad:

Marcellus the Monk gathered the citizens of Spring Haven in the village square and told them a story:

"Hundreds of years ago, Daxia discovered this dark forest and a magic that resides within it. There is a spring in the hills that contains water with healing powers. This water is so powerful that if used the right way, it can extend one's life to the point where they are almost immortal. The Baker and his wife discovered the spring shortly after Daxia did. It wasn't long before Daxia became aware of the couple. In order to keep the magic spring to herself, she planned to kill them. However, the water in the spring has other powers and The Baker and his wife had discovered its other uses very quickly. Daxia was too late. The Baker and his wife were protected by the spring itself. That is not to say the spring is on the side of good. The spring doesn't choose sides and Daxia was quickly able to discover its other uses and apply them to her quest for power and eternal life. Her dark rituals opened the door for the demons to enter the forest. The Baker and his wife became the only force stopping Daxia from leaving the dark forest and conquering other lands. Eventually, the town of Spring Haven was established. The Baker and his wife loved the innocent, happy and adorable little furries. They brought joy and happiness to their dark existence. Daxia hated the happiness they brought and eventually realized she could utilize them for her dark intentions. She formed an army she called The Demon Legion. The Baker and his wife, distraught over Daxia's use of The Villagers as pawns gave magic gifts to some to help fight The Demon Legion. But Daxia's army was strong. The Baker and his wife knew they were in danger and so they journeyed to the spring and performed a sacred ceremony that could save us, even if Daxia destroyed them."

Marcellus produced the bottle The Baker's wife had given him.

"If we can destroy The Demon Legion," Marcellus told them, "The elixir in this bottle will restore our village to the peace and happiness that existed before this evil came upon us..."

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction. With 9 people left, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

That doesn't seem very plausible to me. I find the explanation that the arsonists killing was interfered with somehow, or that they chose to take some other action - like converting an innocent - more likely.

That's exactly what I meant. Perhaps my choice of words was poor, but by 'forced' to use another action I meant that they felt they had to recruit because of their (hopefully) dwindling numbers. As for the killing interfered with, I would hope that if one of us blocked anyone last night we would hear about it, so we can focus on interrogating the blocked person. Of course, if someone was protected and the Arsonist chose to target them, the protected might never know anything about it.

"If we can destroy The Demon Legion," Marcellus told them, "The elixir in this bottle will restore our village to the peace and happiness that existed before this evil came upon us..."

So that's what the elixir is all about. Hopefully their death won't be in vain. :look:

The Mystery of the Brown Frog

On day seven, we saw the brief existence of Petey Panda. During that interlude, the Baker and his wife told Marcellus how they were protected from Daxia - they were protected by the Temple so long as it wasn't infiltrated by the Demon Legion.

This morning we saw the horror that had befallen our brave, beloved Baker couple. This can mean only one thing - that the Temple has indeed been infiltrated.

There has been mention before of the Masons - Cara Cow tried vainly to paint the Masons as some kind of third faction, when I know for a fact that they are indeed confirmed Villagers working for the good of the town. Cara was found to be a member of the Demon Legion, having earlier appeared immune to investigation, in the manner of a Ninja as I mentioned that day.

So it appears that the Demon Legion have found a way to infiltrate the Masonic Temple: or, to put it another way, the brown frog has found a way into the green frog club. How did the frog do that? It painted itself green, appearing Village when in fact it is a Demon Ninja.

So who is this brown frog? Last night, the masons recruited Portia Poodle to the temple. This morning, the Baker and his wife are dead. It is essential we remove this evil interloper from a potential position of power.

Vote: Portia Poodle (Cornelius Murdock)

That's exactly what I meant. Perhaps my choice of words was poor, but by 'forced' to use another action I meant that they felt they had to recruit because of their (hopefully) dwindling numbers. As for the killing interfered with, I would hope that if one of us blocked anyone last night we would hear about it, so we can focus on interrogating the blocked person. Of course, if someone was protected and the Arsonist chose to target them, the protected might never know anything about it.

Ah, I see what you meant. In that case I agree, although I thought our ability to block died with Lazlo so I don't think it's likely the killer was blocked.

Anyway, Portia's helpfulness has gone downhill over the course of the week and her actions during the more debated votes (Bristol, Lauren, Helen, Cara) would definitely fit with a scum standpoint. She has also speculated loads and has been fishing for information quite a few times. There's a couple of things in her favour but it seems likely that she could be scum, especially if Sheldon was a serial killer. Combining these suspicions with this new evidence provided by Cameron, is enough to make me...

Vote: Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock)

Do you know who I would really like to hear from?

I'd really like to hear some opinions from Gabby. Heh, that'll be the day. :sceptic:

I have been giving a lot of heavy thoughts lately in this grave matter, as mentioned by Cameron. By revealing this information in the public have already placed the Masons in deep trouble... which could spelt the end of the Masons era..

From what I know and gathered, this special group of Masons are a team of bonded innocent villagers that come together strong and hard against the demons.. If that channel of the Masons is being infirated, even with the reveal of Cara stating the presence of Mason surprises me greatly.

I analysed what Cameron had told me in private, and he is someone at this critical stage who I trusts the most. Yes, we might make and commit a grave mistake but I don't believe the play scenes are being portray for nothing...

In this case, I strongly regret and place my vote too... even though I want to trust Portia Poodle again... but what Cameron has painted is definitely very much viable and possible..

With a grave heart, I too will follow suit...

So it appears that the Demon Legion have found a way to infiltrate the Masonic Temple: or, to put it another way, the brown frog has found a way into the green frog club. How did the frog do that? It painted itself green, appearing Village when in fact it is a Demon Ninja.

:oh: That totally makes sense! And, because of what Marcellus said this morning! Wow, I totally understand this all. :laugh:

Now, I got in contact with Cameron Croc relatively early on and scrutinised every word he sent my way, and I can say he's done enough for me to trust him. And while I'm the better man when it comes to impressing the ladies, he's shown that he's the better one at analysing information, observing clues and piecing things together. So I'll stick with you on this one Cammy! :sweet:

This is a convincing story, and while I would like to hear what Portia has to say before casting a vote, there are a few question that I would like answered.

You're saying that Portia appears as Village... do you mean that she was investigated?

And although this may be a difficult one to answer, do you have any idea how Cara got wind of the Masons?

You're saying that Portia appears as Village... do you mean that she was investigated?

I can't go into details, but my understand is that this was a recruitment, which works when the target does not show as Demon. An investigation would most likely have failed, the way it did with Cara.

And although this may be a difficult one to answer, do you have any idea how Cara got wind of the Masons?

That I don't know, but it is possible that the Demon Legion knew about the Masons from early on, through deduction; however, the conversation between the Bakers and Marcellus before Petey appeared was a pretty strong hint. But I don't see how this is relevant to the matter in hand.

What the hell, guys? Cameron, I've been absolutely nothing but truthful and up front with you. And now you've put me in a position in which it is impossible to defend myself. really don't know what to say.

Portia has been acting suspicious in my eyes for the past few days. I trust Cameron, and his story seems likely. Therefore, I'll Vote: Portia Poodle (Cornelius Murdock)

A good, compelling argument against Portia. We're almost rid of the Demon scum, and I think this is a good move for us. Cameron's story makes sense with our new information about the Baker, so I will Vote: Portia Poodle (Cornelius Murdock) .

All of you make me really sad. I wake up from a nap and get blindsided by those I trust. I'm convicted so let me say a few parting words.

I am village. I can't stress that enough. I sincerely hope the remaining villagers can find the rest of the scum in time to save this village. There are forces in this town who are working for the good of this village. They may not always be right, but they are trying. I hope that's enough, I really really do.

I think I've done as well as I could with what little I've had to work with. It's hard being all alone with no one to trust and having to really completely on conversations and voting patterns to find the evil among us. What makes this tragic for me is that finally I found people to trust. People that I trust my very soul to. But they do not trust me. I wish them all the best of luck.

For what little remains of this day, I'll be in my shop. I'm having a going out of business sale.

Oops, I meant "rely completely".

Portia's explanations (or lack thereof) are not very convincing. I have tried to talk to her privately in an attempt to understand her position but there was nothing more she could add to her statement. At this point I am inclined to trust Cameron's analysis.

vote tally

Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock): 7 votes (Rufus, Lord Arjay, WhiteFang, iamded, Ricecracker, Inconspicuous, Fugazi)

Mod note: A conviction has been reached. The day thread will close in 24 hours, in which time, you can turn over this conviction or, if you are settled, then send me your night actions ASAP. Thank you.

post-486-130262541555.jpg

The town had virtually taken a vow of silence, save for casting votes, until the ordeal was over. It would apparently help them focus and meditate and make decisions.

Suddenly an old man (Shadows) burst into the village square holding a gem.

"I'm The Baker's brother!" He cried, "I can help save you all. This gem will..."

post-486-130262543241.jpg

But The Baker's brother was cut short. The happy, adorable animals had a bad past with fleshies.

"Kill the fleshy. Kill the fleshy," They chanted. "Kill the fleshy, eat his brains."

"Eat my brains?" The Baker's horrified brother cried.

"That's what we said," the villagers chanted.

post-486-130262545187.jpg

The villagers surrounded him and soon there was much flesh ripping and brain eating accompanied by the screams of The Baker's brother.

post-486-130262546373.jpg

I wish I could explain why the villagers hate fleshies so much, but there's only so much time and it's more important to focus on the rest of the story...

Mod note: Wow, Shadows, these new characters hardly stand a chance... :sceptic:

Well, that was a quick conviction. It's also a very convincing argument by Cameron here.

I don't want to miss out on a vote for what seems like our final scum, so...

Vote: Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock)