Sign in to follow this  
Vindice

Anyone have any POTC MOC ideas yet?

When I look to get into a new Lego theme I instantly start thinking about the potential MOC ideas. If nothing interests me then I probably give it a miss.

In light of this, I've just decided that I probably will invest in some POTC sets after all. I thought it might be fun to know if anyone has already earmarked some good MOC ideas or vignettes to go with this promising new license.

Let your imaginations run wild! :jollyroger:

Tortuga?

The pirate court?

The black pearl interior?

:jollyroger:

I think a great POTC MOC would be the end of Curse of the Black Pearl when Will and Elizabeth help Jack escape the noose. :pir_laugh2:

Oh yes i have several ideas. Like that escape from the noose, and the battle between BP and the Inteceptor. Then the Inteceptor and the tortugas tavern battle scene. There is so much possibilitys, just use your imagination and then just start working!

Captain Becker

I really liked the set that they used for the Pirate Court in World's End. Got a nice back end of a Pirate ship and table for the Pirate Lords to sit round. A massive Port Royal would be awesome as well

Oh yes i have several ideas. Like that escape from the noose, and the battle between BP and the Inteceptor. Then the Inteceptor and the tortugas tavern battle scene. There is so much possibilitys, just use your imagination and then just start working!

Captain Becker

Great call Captain! The noose scene is a nice brickfilm idea for someone too!

I really liked the set that they used for the Pirate Court in World's End. Got a nice back end of a Pirate ship and table for the Pirate Lords to sit round. A massive Port Royal would be awesome as well

Sounds like a great looking scene. Looks like some requests are going to have to go in to the ever helpful LuxorV, Tin7 and crew for some custom decals!

I'd absolutely WANT to see a ship battle involving the Kraken, as it is by far my favorite monster. It could either be inspired by that awesome "dwarf-ship gets attacked by Kraken"-diorama i once saw here, or one could just build a few massive tentacles that threaten to pull the ship asunder. A full minifig-scale version of the Kraken would probably be too huge.

Tia Dalma's voodoo shack would be a great MOC. I also think that the big fight in the pub/bar would be good. You could expand on the Cannibal Island set and make a big rainforest with cliffs and a beach, but that would probably be quite difficult. Whatever you make, I'm sure it'll look good and be fun to build.

I agree with you, The voodoo shack would be fun. Also the voyage to World's End in the chinese-style djunk through cold waters through high ice canyons. Ice-themed MOCs are rare, so that one would surely be a hit.

A Kraken would be great! The tentacles from the Atlantis "Gateway of the squid" set could be good. I think the Atlantis range as a whole is a good thing for POTC because of all the head moulds.

Tia Dalmas voodoo shack could be a real good idea!

Someone should make a potc shanghai, the new ninjago parts would fit nicely. Like the hat.

How about the Maelstrom from At World's End! It would be big, and more than one person would have to contribute (unless someone has enough water bits). Also, it would be best if it had the Black Pearl set and the Flying Dutchman (if it gets made). It would be intense!

EDIT: Just thought of another: Davy Jones' Locker.

Edited by Fives

Aye, Tortuga is a good idea, especially if it's anything like SlyOwl's rendition. :pir-grin: Anyway, here are some of my ideas:

The Flying Dutchman

Will and Jack's duel inside the blacksmith shop

Port Royal, possibly during the pirate invasion

The Kraken

Calypso's Swamp Hut

Scenes from the Disneyland park attraction

And I'm sure the upcoming movie and videogame will give you some inspiration as well. :pir-wink:

I would like to see, a MOC of the guy being put into the well by the pirates from the ride. They even put it in the movie, gotta look carefully and you will see it :)

or the entire POTC ride in the lego form would be pretty epic.

I can imagine a little MOC depicting the last dran-out fight between Sparrow and Jones high up on the masts and rigging, all while both their ships are being drawn into the great maelstrom. Only a couple of pieces for the masts and upper part of the sails would be needed for that :pir-classic:

ob-piratesfight.jpeg

Edited by Cherno

Here is another idea: the first scene where Jack is introduced, with the sinking dingy and the little dock. That would be neat.

I would like to see, a MOC of the guy being put into the well by the pirates from the ride. They even put it in the movie, gotta look carefully and you will see it :)

or the entire POTC ride in the lego form would be pretty epic.

I actually think someone's already done that. I can't remember who or where, but it was really good.

I think that Elizabeth Swann's house would be a good MOC. you could have it on a big hill, and you could include her bedroom, the room she locks herself in, the hall with the staircase and various other rooms.

Another idea would be the wedding of Elizabeth and Will. You could have the little arch, and then a giant cliff with raging waves at the bottom.

I've been considering something from the scene where Jack rescues Elizabeth just after arriving in Port Royal...

...but it's not all worked out yet.

EDIT: I had the clip in this post, but then thought better of reposting copyrighted material or whatever, so I took it out. Is there an official guideline for what video clips we are/are not allowed to post? I checked the stickied guidelines thread but didn't see anything about it.

Edited by punkkid364

Already done. :pir-wink:

5591871115_49863219d0_z.jpg

Though there's nothing wrong with having your own take on it. :pir-classic:

the entire POTC ride in the lego form would be pretty epic.

Agreed! :thumbup: But that would be a pretty ambitious project.

I had the clip in this post, but then thought better of reposting copyrighted material or whatever, so I took it out. Is there an official guideline for what video clips we are/are not allowed to post? I checked the stickied guidelines thread but didn't see anything about it.

As long as the video doesn't contain preliminary Lego set designs, you should be fine. :pirate:

Wow that well scene is awesome! I almost did something like that a few years ago. Speaking of the Disneyland ride, I didn't go on it last time due to some renovations being made.

Obviously I would love to see a Flying Dutchman ship with an Atlantis theme kraken! The crew for that ship just really gives me the willies.

Just thought of another: the prison from the beginning of Dead Man's Chest that Jack get the "drawring of a key" from. It would be really cool. Also, maybe the "Up is Down" scene from At World's End, with the Pearl tilted a bit to the side and the crew all scrambling to the other side. That, too, would be cool.

Just thought of another: the prison from the beginning of Dead Man's Chest that Jack get the "drawring of a key" from. It would be really cool. Also, maybe the "Up is Down" scene from At World's End, with the Pearl tilted a bit to the side and the crew all scrambling to the other side. That, too, would be cool.

Yes, the turkish prison would be an impressive build! I considered doing a 'mini' version with lighting, but it's not at the top of my list of things to build at the moment. :pir-sceptic:

Already done. :pir-wink:

Though there's nothing wrong with having your own take on it. :pir-classic:

Just noticed that was my vig! :pir_laugh2:

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with your own take on it. Many people have built POTC related MOCs

before I have. A recent one was Too Much Caffeine's rendition. I didn't notice he had made and uploaded this untill I was uploading my vig. I was quite suprised!

Agreed! :thumbup: But that would be a pretty ambitious project.

Or you could always do a series of vignettes/bignettes somewhat similar to what I did. Vignettes allow you to work small and quickly.

They can be taken apart and put back together easily. They also are smaller on piece count!

Edited by Walt

What about the big sauna from the beginning of the 3rd film :jollyroger:

Ya, Sao Feng's bathhouse would be neat to see. All the new Ninjago stuff would be perfect for making a Singapore scene. But, I think TLG should (and probably will) release a Singapore set.

EDIT: How about Davy J's Locker?

Edited by Fives