maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

Wow, that's wonderful. I love how the cliff in the second picture is growing higher and higher. Can't wait to see where this is going :)

This just keeps getting better and better! The new bridge is great, and the rock formations are good too. Is the sand area going to be a house? A mountain? A prison? I don't know what it's going to be, but I'm sure it'll be great. Keep up the good work :thumbup: !

I just have to subscribe to this thread... :)

BTW maydayartist, have you planned all the content of the diorama beforehand?

To what level of details have you planned the different parts of it before starting vs "improvising" as you build?

Did you make some pre-calculations on needed pieces, for example did you use MLCAD/LDD for some parts, or did you have massive loads of bricks already?

I just have to subscribe to this thread... :)

BTW maydayartist, have you planned all the content of the diorama beforehand?

To what level of details have you planned the different parts of it before starting vs "improvising" as you build?

Did you make some pre-calculations on needed pieces, for example did you use MLCAD/LDD for some parts, or did you have massive loads of bricks already?

That´s a good question and the answer is no. ;)

The only must haves to all of them were the well known. The castle, the village, the forrest, the river and the path through the land. But all of them and where they will be located are absolutely unknown and comes up to my mind step by step. The end of chapter three was quite difficult but the limitations and the options for the next chapter have raise the land and give a nice start for the next one. Same for the forrest, I think there will be some trees spread over the diorama.

I have no drawing, no calculation and the limits are given to the amount of bricks. Until I get some new with the post. :) 90% of them come from ebay and now that I have collect the most of them my main focus are parts of colours like brown, green, tan and gray.

The updates for today couldn´t be done. On friday 5 new deliveries arrived and I have to clean and controll them. That takes time :sweet:

This is impressive I would love to do something like this of Portsmouth,England in like an 1800 setting.

Any news? =(

Not so much as I wanted :angry:

Not enough time, the old problem.

Chapter 4 has begun and after a random buy of 3 trans-clear baseplates I´m not sure to use them.

I have made a new picture but that´s no especially in this early stadium.

Tuesday is a good day for an update, we will see :wink:

img_6448.jpg

Booooooring!

Scare away your girlfriend, put your tedious book aside, lock your balconys door and switch off your cell phone after calling your employer that you won't appear for the next 3 or 4 weeks..... and then... focus on 'bricking' and complete chapter 4!!

Hmm, ok, one free night/day for MAYDAY and the "walk on may 1st" is allowed an reserved, but otherwise: Nothing else! ...or be warned... i'll step the 12 stairs up and start building instead of you. =)

Yours sincerely,

the subtenant :P

... and start building instead of you. =)

:laugh: no no That´s no good idea. Haalf of my Lego will be sink into baby slobber and the other into hundreds of leaning towers of pisa :tongue:

After this trouble from the cheap seats, let me show you the first steps of the hill from chapter 4.

img_6452.jpg

The rocks are not so easy done like I thought of. They take their time. :sceptic:

I must admit that I was a little jealous, how is it that my Menzoberranzan has 5 times less views; because it is bigger, and this moc is not even finished? :)

But then, I've taken the look, and had to say.... "hmpf... nice river.... great tree... absolutely fantastic bridge... what a lovely tree stump" etc ;)

I am jealous :) it is already beautifully, and has no real buildings yet :)

... I am jealous :) it is already beautifully, and has no real buildings yet :)

Hey Angeli, thanks for this kindly words. I know what you mean. Your creation is awesome. The two colours are heavy for the eyes but fits perfect for the drow. :thumbup:

And you are right. The only work I have done so far is the "stupid" ground :wink: but it is done with a lot of considerations. I try to let it look interesting and natural.

But I try to give the buildings that flair too :sweet:

Ok, let´s come to chapter 4.

The first version of it is ready and new for this is another tree, but he has found his final place. It is a weeping willow. I made a few pictures of trees at a little lake last sunday. One of them was model for this one.

img_6460.jpg

img_6463.jpg

I am on vacation for the next week and then I may begin Chapter 5. We will see.

Happy easter to you all

Great job so far! Interesting tree there, never seen those green pieces used as tree foliage. I can't wait for the finished product. These update pictures are both good and bad! It makes us want more.

It's amazing how detailed this project already is and how much thought you gave to the design of the ground. The bridges and the tree currently are my favourites, but the cliff is done really good as well :thumbup:

Can't wait to see the finalized product as I'm sure that there'll be much more stunning additions once it is finished :cry_happy:

MaydayArtist ... when I was a kid (centuries ago), and TLC started making the green plates, I thought of making a super cool forest (using loads of spruce trees), with grey plates for the main path, and using green plates to make the surface a little bumpy.

Looks like you realized my dream (expect about 10^bazillion times bigger and better than I could imagine) !!!

I'm drooling at the quality so far. Those who don't get their hands on bricks can't even think of how complex it is to make something this great !

Quick question from a I-need-more-bricks-too guy ... You just buy random bulk Lego offers on eBay, but what do you do with the uninteresting pieces for your project (like train parts, bionicles, ...) ? Keep them for future projects, or resell them back on eBay ?

Great work on the trees. I like this and hope that one day I have enough bricks and so (I only have the transparent green ones) to finish my first big tree.

We need more pictures, any updates?

Sir, Yes Sir

It´s a litle bit busy at the last three weeks, but I start chapter 5 yesterday. I hope to finsih it soon.

Another little build is done. There will be more of that in other designs but this is the first of it.

It is also the answer for the open question, what the hell will be surround the sand place :sweet:

The place will be edited for the final setup, off course. This was just a quick and dirty installation for a shot.

img_7807.jpg

img_7808.jpg

I like the tent! Clever idea to put it on a baseplate, to allow it to sit at an angle. And it's also nice to see some minifigures in it. Well done, and I look forward to the next update!

That is a great tent design, I love the upside down cheese slope pattern. :thumbup:

Will you be removing the base plate and sitting the tent on the sand then?

Yes! That's an awesome little tent there. I can not wait for the final product, it's going to be epic.