Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I walked into my local K-mart this morning. I quickly glanced up the LEGO aisle, the local k-mart store is pretty pathetic when it comes to stocking any new products. So i thought "just look up there you may never know" as i turned and looked i saw that they have extended their lego section. Then i saw a k-mart worker stacking the shelves with new LEGO boxes. I got excited, my excitement went up to 11 when i saw those boxes looked awfully like the POTC boxes we have seen photos off.

As i got closer i saw that those boxes were hero factory boxes. :pir_bawling:

This happened to me yesterday at Target. I thought for sure that it was the POTC line but alas, Hero Factory.

@ Fives

I think if they make a Davy Jones fig and it looks somewhat like the one from the video game, it could become one of my favorites.

Is the April 16th date I've seen posted a worldwide release date or US only? There is no mention of any UK release dates and the lego UK shop@home site has no information on it yet.

This happened to me yesterday at Target. I thought for sure that it was the POTC line but alas, Hero Factory.

@ Fives

I think if they make a Davy Jones fig and it looks somewhat like the one from the video game, it could become one of my favorites.

Davy Jones is my favourite POTC character, along with Jack and Barbossa. He will be my favourite minifig of the whole line (possibly of every line).

As for the boxes thing, I am surprised that the Hero Factory boxes are s similar. I have not seen any of them, but you would think TLG would make sure they are different enough.

I'm lucky enough to be albe to work in the back room of my Walmart so I can see all the new freight. Unfortunately, we've been getting TONS of last year's sets and the early 2011 sets, but none of the summer 2011 sets. There really isn't a whole lot of shelf space for a new series of sets or a new theme and judging by the constant reestocking of old sets, I doubt we'll have room soon.

Is the April 16th date I've seen posted a worldwide release date or US only? There is no mention of any UK release dates and the lego UK shop@home site has no information on it yet.

I would think it would be a worldwide release date, and if it isn't, thats stupid.

As for the shop@home, there is nothing on the Canada site either, and I doubt the US site has any info too. So, I think the sets will be up on the site on the 16th (and they better be in the stores too :monkey: )

Ah, good. There is already talk about release dates. This way I won't be too off topic :pir-blush:

About this worldwide release you're talking about, how sure is it? 'cause at first I thought the sets would be released in May, along with the release of the game and the fourth movie. But now I hear talk about an April release. So I was mainly wondering whether that goes for the Netherlands as well.

Hope someone can bring some certainty to this matter :pir-classic:

Thanks in advance :pir-sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

Just found the calendar pics on Toys n Bricks' Flickr, they're much bigger and confirm the April 16th release date for the POTC sets

Front

Back

Does anyone know what the 4th movie is about, since I haven't seen any trailers. Could someone please inform me on the plot? Thanks.

P.S. So April 16th is the offical release date then, eh? Wonderful! :thumbup:

Edited by Mr_Malfoy

Does anyone know what the 4th movie is about, since I haven't seen any trailers. Could someone please inform me on the plot? Thanks

Here's the official plot released by Disney:

"Johnny Depp returns to his iconic role of Captain Jack Sparrow in an action-packed adventure. Crossing paths with the enigmatic Angelica (Penélope Cruz), he's not sure if it's love—or if she's a ruthless con artist who's using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge the ship of the legendary pirate Blackbeard (Ian McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn't know whom to fear more: Blackbeard or Angelica, with whom he shares a mysterious past."

Fiddle-faddle! I hope we don't have to wait til May to get these sets. April release, 8 days away would really float my boat hahahahaha. Keep those fingers, or hooks if you have them, crossed.

Here's the official plot released by Disney:

"Johnny Depp returns to his iconic role of Captain Jack Sparrow in an action-packed adventure. Crossing paths with the enigmatic Angelica (Penélope Cruz), he's not sure if it's love—or if she's a ruthless con artist who's using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge the ship of the legendary pirate Blackbeard (Ian McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn't know whom to fear more: Blackbeard or Angelica, with whom he shares a mysterious past."

Thanks. Now I'm even more excited for the new movie! :pir-wink:

Edited by Mr_Malfoy

I walked into my local K-mart this morning. I quickly glanced up the LEGO aisle, the local k-mart store is pretty pathetic when it comes to stocking any new products. So i thought "just look up there you may never know" as i turned and looked i saw that they have extended their lego section. Then i saw a k-mart worker stacking the shelves with new LEGO boxes. I got excited, my excitement went up to 11 when i saw those boxes looked awfully like the POTC boxes we have seen photos off.

As i got closer i saw that those boxes were hero factory boxes. :pir_bawling:

Ouch. But why would LEGO have two different themes have a similar boxing? :pir-look:

I must say, I'm really looking forward to this film. It's got a great cast, and the storyline sounds interesting. Hopefully when I go see it it'll put me in the mood to make some PotC MOC's!

Man, this is going to be epic! :monkey: I am so excited! Except for the mermaids... Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire has made mermaids my worst fear...

Man, this is going to be epic! :monkey: I am so excited! Except for the mermaids... Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire has made mermaids my worst fear...

That's funny, because the mermaids are the things I'm looking forward to most! I've always loved mermaids, so I was really happy when I heard Whitecap Bay were going to have some of them.

I have a feeling that if there has been the release date of April 16th on the calendar and there are different releases in the UK and elsewhere, then the 16th is probably a North American release date, with the release in other countries a few weeks later. I hope they arrive here in Canada on the 16th!

That's funny, because the mermaids are the things I'm looking forward to most! I've always loved mermaids, so I was really happy when I heard Whitecap Bay were going to have some of them.

I love the figures, don't get me wrong, they're awesome! It's just... I don't know... Its like me with snakes. They freak the Mega Bloks out of me but I have no idea why. And with fictional creatures, its even more strange... :pir_wacko:

Edited by Fives

Pictures from 4195

More pictures on my Flickr-account

small_statue2.JPG

small_1442.JPG

small_1448.JPG

small_1465.JPG

small_1476.JPG

small_1478.JPG

small_1480.JPG

small_1482.JPG

small_1496.JPG

small_1497.JPG

small_1499.JPG

More pictures will come this weekend of the same set =)

Edited by eiker86

Wow! Thanks for the pics! :thumbup: That little voodoo Jack is quite well done. Do you have any pics that may reveal whether or not Angelica's hat is connected to her hair or if they are two separate pieces?

Wow! Thanks for the pics! :thumbup: That little voodoo Jack is quite well done. Do you have any pics that may reveal whether or not Angelica's hat is connected to her hair or if they are two separate pieces?

I havnt followed the discussion, but i checked now, and the hat of Angelica is one piece.

I'll take pics of it after the meeting if i can.

I havnt followed the discussion, but i checked now, and the hat of Angelica is one piece.

I'll take pics of it after the meeting if i can.

Great, thanks! :thumbup:

I was just thinking, and it would be great if TLG made a set similar to the Harry Potter Diagon Alley set, only Tortuga. They could then do justice to the port I think. A couple of buildings, and maybe a dock. Minifigs could be: Jack (duh), Gibbs, Will, Scarlett and Gazelle (those two wenches who always slap Jack in the face), and maybe Noringtton and Elizabeth in Dead Man's Chest garb. It would make a great exclusive set.