XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

There is another preview video for season 4 on starwars.com. It is the one they showed at WonderCon this year and it has far more in it than the Cartoon Network one. If you look at about 12 seconds in, you will see these crazy bio-hazard looking clones riding on gunships. And maybe I am crazy but the fighters the clones are flying look similar to a z-95. And the new jedi at the end who looks like a certain cook in the Attack of the Clones looks wicked sweet. Happy watching.

http://www.starwars....iew/001247.html

Thanks for sharing this djmangunz!

Some interesting screenshots:

A second look at the Battle of Mon Calamari:

mon_cal_battle.png

Kit Fisto finally in action once again. So I guess this really means they're going to redo the Battle of Mon Cal from '03 the cartoon series.

kit.png

A new double-dual-lightsaber wielding Besalisk jedi. Why do I have this feeling that he will be another Nahdar Vebb/Ord Eniscence/Bolla Ropal/Ima Gundi in the making?

new_jedi.png

New 'Bio-hazard looking' Clones

new_clones.png

Phase 2 clones - The Wolfpack Troopers under Jedi General Plo Koon

phase_2.png

New Z-95-like starfighter. This one will make for a good mid-sized set IMO.

z95.png

Although the preview looks awesome, I don't understand why the Clones barely have the ridge on their helmets. It looks as if they have nearly no ridge at all, whereas in EpIII it's quite prominent. Is this another stage of Clone helmets?

And two double-bladed lightsabers seems like overkill, but that's still neat. This season looks dark from the previews, but that's probably because they just picked the dark stuff. There must be plenty of happy boring filler as well.

I think the "bio-hazard" clones are just scuba clones, as the gunship shots in the background look the same as the ones from the earlier trailer.

I can see that the shapes in the background in the gungan vs. Grevious duel are actually just a crowd of Gungans after looking at this new trailer.

At the beginning of this trailer, clones "riot perhaps" are going down in an elevator, and you see the back of someones head, looks to me like Whorm Loathsom from the movie's battle of Christophsis.

I also can't wait to see what I'm pretty sure is Admiral Ackbar.

Thanks for the new Trailer though!

Let's hope so. If there's anything good about them copying stuff from the original show it's that there's a chance for some of the characters and vehicles from that show to be made into sets.

Yeah, I can see this as the next $11 set. The single-cannon droid tri-fighter variant, four-cannon Octuptarra tri-droid variant, and Grievous' tri-winged shuttle are also possibilities. Seismic tank playset?

Mon Calamari Knights battlepack...

Kit Fisto finally in action once again. So I guess this really means they're going to redo the Battle of Mon Cal from '03 the cartoon series.

kit.png

Delta-7B, aquatic variant...

New Z-95-like starfighter. This one will make for a good mid-sized set IMO.

z95.png

Finally, an excuse for LEGO to rethink their X-wing!

Delta-7B, aquatic variant...

Delta-7C...

Although the preview looks awesome, I don't understand why the Clones barely have the ridge on their helmets. It looks as if they have nearly no ridge at all, whereas in EpIII it's quite prominent. Is this another stage of Clone helmets?

Not to mention that a practically fin-less clone helmet is closer to a Phase 2 to Stormie transition than Phase 1 to Phase2. :sceptic:

And that new Jedi is wielding just a ridiculous amount of lightsaber.

Not to mention that a practically fin-less clone helmet is closer to a Phase 2 to Stormie transition than Phase 1 to Phase2. :sceptic:

And that new Jedi is wielding just a ridiculous amount of lightsaber.

I agree :wacko::hmpf_bad:

Hmmm. Killing off Ahsoka and Rex. Interesting. This season might be better than expected. (But I like Rex.) :devil:

Remember Rule 1138

You just couldn't resist quoting that pic again, could you? :tongue:

Yeah, I wonder what the story behind that guy is. Having multiple lightsabers is usually a Sith thing. :look:

George comes up with all the storylines for The Clone Wars now.

Ugh. It's a good thing he isn't making more movies.

Unfortunately, the interview says 'the fates of Ahsoka and Rex'. They won't necessarily be killed off.

Personally, above everything else I'm hoping for more RC action. I mean, they have the model- why not use it? It doesn't even have to be Delta Squad, any commandos would be nice.

Unfortunately, the interview says 'the fates of Ahsoka and Rex'. They won't necessarily be killed off.

I notice that as well. I was going to mention it. :tongue:

Delta-7C...

Delta-7seas?

Three words I wouldn't want to hear from young Ackbar in the series:

Seriously. Or I will stop watching the show for good.

You know they are coming. How many times have we heard "I have a bad feeling about this" "What the" "Search your feelings" etc...

Okay, something no-one else has mentioned - there is a blue sabre wielding (female?) jedi fighting Grievous in front of C3PO & R2D2 @17-18 seconds into the second video. Doesn't look familiar.

Doesn't look familiar.

I guess it didn't strike me because she looked familiar to me. It's certainly Adi Galia:

Adi_gallia-the_clone_wars.PNG

I guess it didn't strike me because she looked familiar to me. It's certainly Adi Galia:

...and so it is

Her head is covered most of the time, couldn't really see the dangly bits - lighting made her face look white.

Personally, above everything else I'm hoping for more RC action. I mean, they have the model- why not use it? It doesn't even have to be Delta Squad, any commandos would be nice.

Same here.

Delta-7seas?

Okay, something no-one else has mentioned - there is a blue sabre wielding (female?) jedi fighting Grievous in front of C3PO & R2D2 @17-18 seconds into the second video. Doesn't look familiar.

:laugh:

I just hope that when they do kill of Gallia, they only mention her or just cut her from shows and bring in Stass Allie, because retconning the deaths of High Council members is no small thing. And if they do kill her off in-episode, they'd better give her a good death. Even Piell didn't have the greatest death by being killed by Stormies, but the original was better than being killed by an animal that somehow drew no blood.

True, but they're a primitive race, and Grievous is supposed to be able to hold his own against several Jedi at once, so the idea of a single non-force-sensitive Gungan with a stick being able to damage him that badly is ridiculous. :thumbdown:

Every species is entitled to it's badass, and this fellow looks like a no nonsense warrior, likely had plenty of top notch martial training perfected by his people ages past. They're a proud warrior civilization. (I would say "respected", except, you know, Jar Jar) For all we know this whole contingent of the Gungan army is comprised of Gungan Bruce Lees. And who knows how worn down Grievous is at that point?

Hmmm. Killing off Ahsoka and Rex. Interesting. This season might be better than expected. (But I like Rex.) :devil:

I hope not, Rex is by far my favorite character in Star Wars. I did read somewhere though that Rex can't follow through order 66 so he and several other clones take Ahsoka away to prevent her from being killed. This does go against everything for Rex, but when I read it was interconnected on that article that is the first thing that comes to mind. I would definitely be upset if Rex and Fives don't make it through the CW.

This season does look great but here is my other question based on the series:

Will the show extend into ROTS? I was curious because it would possibly make sense to show what happens to the majority of the Jedi that we don't see the fates of (Shaak Ti, S Tin, etc.) I was just wondering if anyone had any idea or even the same intuition on that one.

Will the show extend into ROTS? I was curious because it would possibly make sense to show what happens to the majority of the Jedi that we don't see the fates of (Shaak Ti, S Tin, etc.) I was just wondering if anyone had any idea or even the same intuition on that one.

We know the fates of the majority of the Jedi. Shaak was killed in the battle with Starkiller in TFU, and Saesee was killed in the duel with Palpatine.

Given that extending the Neo-Clone Wars through the Outer Rim Sieges actually would have it come into conflict with previous Lucas-approved canon (Clone Wars Chapters 22-25) I doubt it. I suppose they could flesh out the invasions of Mygeeto, Felucia, etc. prior to Order 66, since they were only seen in the films for a few seconds. Filoni does respect the Expanded Universe so you can't really be sure.