Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Mafia School: Escape From Isla Paradisa - Day Five

As I haven't heard anything from anybody, all I can assume is that people are talking to each other and examining what they have heard so far.

If that is the case, please do look through all the things I've said and done, and you will see I have only ever acted with the town's best interests at heart.

I want us to make the right choice today, too, but I respect that some of you want to discuss it amongst yourselves and I wait to hear what you have to say either in private, or publicly.

If that is the case, please do look through all the things I've said and done, and you will see I have only ever acted with the town's best interests at heart.

I have and I agree that you appear pro-Town, but that could be a very good act.

We do have to make this decision carefully; at the moment, my sources tell me that only two remaining people have not been proven innocent or made a convincing statement or statements that make us inclined to believe they are innocent, but all the remaining players appear pro-Town.

I have and I agree that you appear pro-Town, but that could be a very good act.

We do have to make this decision carefully; at the moment, my sources tell me that only two remaining people have not been proven innocent or made a convincing statement or statements that make us inclined to believe they are innocent, but all the remaining players appear pro-Town.

Who is it that you think may be scum, and why? If you don't want to say it publicly, please talk to me privately.

Who is it that you think may be scum, and why? If you don't want to say it publicly, please talk to me privately.

There may be those two, but they are part of a larger group of four who are not confirmed Town, of which you are one, therefore I am not at liberty to discuss this with you publicly or privately at this time.

There may be those two, but they are part of a larger group of four who are not confirmed Town, of which you are one, therefore I am not at liberty to discuss this with you publicly or privately at this time.

Exactly.

No worries, though, we're all giving this some careful thought and consideration, before voicing a formal vote. This is about the most crucial vote we'll have to make, so we need to be in a unanimous descision. Some have brought forth their evidence while others are still waiting to be heard from.

Voting out your Scum teammate when they're going to get lynched anyways is an easy way to appear pro-Town.

I thought back to yesterday's votes, and I had the 7th vote. 7 votes was the number needed to convict. I was also the last one to speak up yesterday, and if I did not vote, Danielle would not have been voted out. That is not even close to what scum would do.

Hmm, I see Vanya entered the room, didn't say a word, and left. :sceptic:

I am so sorry about that! I was checking out EB on the iPad 2 in the Apple Store quickly I was in too quickly to have a chance to speak.

I thought back to yesterday's votes, and I had the 7th vote. 7 votes was the number needed to convict. I was also the last one to speak up yesterday, and if I did not vote, Danielle would not have been voted out. That is not even close to what scum would do.

Oh, so now all of a sudden you know what a Scum would do? :sceptic:

Maybe you picked that up from some book in the library, but my sources tell me that Panda would've voted out Danielle if you didn't. And as I said, making that vote could just be your way of trying to look innocent.

I beg to differ, Vanya. I think that is exactly what scum would do. Knowing that Dan was going to get lynched, you conveniently cast the deciding vote in order to appear pro-town. You may be blonde, but I don't believe you're stupid.

I will therefore

Vote: Vanya Livny (Baylego)

Do I really have to get accused for every single piece of wording I make? We all read about mafia behavior in books, and someone could easily piece together conclusions about what a mafia member might do even if they are innocent, like me.

And Bridget, I understand that Panda was going to vote for Danielle, but she didn't. If I did not vote yesterday, that would not change the fact that Panda did not vote. I made the deciding vote to lynch a mafia member. If I did not vote, Danielle would still be among us. I could have easily not voted, but I did because I am a concerned innocent and I wanted to vote so we could reach a conviction. Wouldn't not voting for scum look more like scummy behavior than lynching scum?

Do I really have to get accused for every single piece of wording I make? We all read about mafia behavior in books, and someone could easily piece together conclusions about what a mafia member might do even if they are innocent, like me.

And Bridget, I understand that Panda was going to vote for Danielle, but she didn't. If I did not vote yesterday, that would not change the fact that Panda did not vote. I made the deciding vote to lynch a mafia member. If I did not vote, Danielle would still be among us. I could have easily not voted, but I did because I am a concerned innocent and I wanted to vote so we could reach a conviction. Wouldn't not voting for scum look more like scummy behavior than lynching scum?

No, Panda was going to vote but since you voted the voting ended early and Panda couldn't vote. But if you say you knew Panda would vote, that also means you knew you could vote and cast the deciding vote instead of her to appear pro-Town.

No, Panda was going to vote but since you voted the voting ended early and Panda couldn't vote. But if you say you knew Panda would vote, that also means you knew you could vote and cast the deciding vote instead of her to appear pro-Town.

Well, I didn't know at the time that my vote would cut off the voting. Also, I didn't understand that she was going to vote for Danielle until earlier today, when they were discussing who did not vote. I just voted because I thought Danielle was a mafia member from the evidence that came out. Everything that I have done is to support the town. I have no hidden agenda, I am an innocent that is trying to help find and lynch scum. I appear pro-Town because I am pro-Town, just like the rest of us that are trying to find the last mafia member.

Well, I didn't know at the time that my vote would cut off the voting.

Admittedly, based on your voting post that does seem to be the case, even if it definitely wasn't the smartest thing to not know how many votes more were needed to reach a conviction. I'll have to have a private chat with someone before making a decision.

Vote Tally:

Vanya Livny/Baylego: 1 (KartoffelViking)

You have less than 24 hours to vote.

I am going to test the waters here and Vote: Geert Rotterdam (Gregorovich)

After reviewing the evidence, this seems like the most logical course of action, but you can still defend yourself, Geert.

Vote: Geert Rotterdam (Gregorovich)

May god forgive us for what we do! :cry_sad:

So after analyzing all ze evidence I could gather, I have come up with my personal decision on who I think is ze last scum. From ze three remaining suspects, I chose ze one who I've always thought was ze most suspicious right from ze very start. Even if he has defended himself quite well, ze two others have defended themselves even better, and I'm more inclined to believe ze other two. So therefore, I

Geert, I know you made a sworn statement to us privately, but at this stage of this ordeal, we can't discount ze possibility of lies. And we just have to vote right now, and among ze three, you have been ze least convincing. Of course you still have time to plead your case. If you get convicted and you turn out to be innocent, then I'm sorry in advance, I guess that's just the (needed) risk we have to take in this game of survival. If you happen to be ze final scum, then congratulations to all of us.

And a stern warning to ze final scum:

Even if you manage to survive today, your identity will be exposed tomorrow, guaranteed, followed by your conviction. It's logically impossible for you to come out of this island alive. So you have nowhere to go scumbag, it's either we get you today or tomorrow ze latest. Yes, you might survive today's vote if we happen to convict the wrong person, and possibly kill one of us during the night, but we're prepared and ready to accept those two losses for the good of the majority of the innocent people. And I'm saying this even if I might be the next one to go, it's a good thing our protector has saved ze right person all the time.

This has definitely been a tough choice to make, and for a while it's been somewhat of a debate of who to vote for, so after much thought and consideration, and the fact that Geert did not vote for either scum, even if he had good reason stands out in my mind, and so I shall Vote: Geert Rotterdam (Gregorovich)

Let me first say, Geert, that I did want you to give you the benefit of the doubt just because of your swear, and please understand that I respect that swear, but we are running short on time, and in the interests of reaching a conviction, which must happen if we are to catch the final Scum by Day 6, I will Vote: Geert Rotterdam (Gregorovich). And please accept my sincerest apologies if you turn out innocent; it's just something that we have to do to catch the Scum.

Geert is someone that I have suspected for a few days, and he is one of the very few people that I could even think about being scum. I will Vote: Geert Rotterdam (Gregorovich). I hope that we have found the last scum hiding among us.

It hardly matters now, but in the name of unanimity I will

Unvote: Vanya Livny (Baylego)

Vote Tally:

Geert Rotterdam/Gregorovich: 7 (Capt. Redblade, Cutlass Iz, KielDaMan, smittyfan, Brickdoctor, Baylego, KartoffelViking)

Day Five ends with the conviction of Geert Rotterdam/Gregorovich.

dayfive6.jpg

As the angry mob surrounded Geert, the personal instructor wished he had never left the safety of the Netherlands. Getting involved with this Mafia business was just too much for him to handle.

dayfive7.jpg

But he was tough. Even when Mr. Crusoe tied him up into the chair that had caused the death of almost all of his co-workers, Geert did not flinch.

dayfive8.jpg

That was until Mr. Crusoe whipped up a long, soft feather. The musclebound coach had but one weakness: he was extremely ticklish.

So the following night echoed with his laughter and cries.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Please send in your night actions as soon as possible.