DLuders

March 2011 LEGO TECHNIC Challenge -- Linear Actuator

Last night I was having trouble uploading my entry too, and again this morning. I tried using Firefox and Chrome. After filling in the form, I waited a few moments (uploading the image can take a little while), but then when the next page loaded it was a 'Page Not Found' error page. I sent Lego an email via their website, and got the following reply:

I would suggest including the following information in the email:

Lego ID

Model Name

Image (as attachment)

Description (less than 300 characters long)

i have sent them a email with my model in it so fingers crossed :laugh:

the first stage as ended good luck every body i hope thay got my entry :classic: we will hear on the 10th of april

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

So do I. I have unfortunately received no reply on the Ambassador forum :(

Looking at the entries, I have spotted two that I think are copied.

- The Remote Controlled Backhoe loader - 'By' Luc98lt. Isn't that Jurgen Krooshoop's? See here: My link

- The Car Transporter - 'By' 9Volt-boy. Isn't this techno-moves'? See here: My link

This also happened in the last Challenge didn't it? Shame people can't come up with their own thing, so copy just to try and get a free lego set. It saddens me :cry_sad:

Do you agree with me that they are copied?

Also, how do I go about reporting it, or would someone else kindly do it for me?

There is only one question. The names of the people that enter the models are the names of their VIP accounts. This means that it still could be the original model, published by their original builders, only under an other name. It is easy to check, just look at their sites or send them an e-mail regarding that model.

But yes, this looks like copy-paste. I'd rather not apply at all than cheat :sad:

- The Remote Controlled Backhoe loader - 'By' Luc98lt. Isn't that Jurgen Krooshoop's? See here: My link

- The Car Transporter - 'By' 9Volt-boy. Isn't this techno-moves'? See here: My link

I've also seen that "drilling rig" somewhere before. A 30% cheating rate among finalists would be pretty bad.

przemo1201's entry (pictured at left) is similar to Fistach's "Blast Hole Drilling Rig" (pictured at right): :sceptic:

c5fa4c72-a1e6-49fc-a9b5-4d6e2950711c.jpgsmall.jpg

I agree that Luc98lt's entry (pictured at left) is a blatant copy of Jurgen Krooshoop's JCB 4CX Backhoe Loader (pictured at right) -- even the pictures are identical: :thumbdown:

97772361-0f64-4d3e-9885-03a6449497f2.jpgwp94f5690c_05.jpg

Yes, 9Volt-boy's entry (pictured at left) is a blatant copy of techno moves' Car-Transporter (pictured at right) -- the pictures are identical: [uPDATE: In his first post below, Techn0M0ves confirms that HE entered his OWN creation under a new name. This is confirmed on his MOCpages comment here .

[/b]7117f379-0e44-4b95-ad7f-99c031712aa0.jpg1267707055m_SPLASH.jpg

This initial batch of 10 Finalists are supposed to be 5-18 year old TFOLs. If there is an AFOL category, those are usually announced later on the Lego Technic Blog.

I am reporting this to our Lego Technic Ambassador (Jetro de Chateau) to see if TLG will disqualify some/all of these bogus entries.

Edited by DLuders

This is too bad..... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I do hope that TLG will remove at least the two finalists who just sent in the original pictures of moc's by others.....

I can (kind of..) live with the finalist who redid a model... (At least he/she gave it entry it's own twist....)

I do hope that TLC with change the way of "how to enter". A simple way of doing this would be an extra picture to be submitted which shows "you and the model you made".

I know this wouldn't keep the whole sheet of entries clean but it would help a lot!

i did not make it :cry_sad:

You know these are the child entries right? The AFOL entries are usually announced later in the Designer's blog.

przemo1201's entry (pictured at left) is similar to Fistach's

Well, I do see some significant differences. It looks like a look-a-like build from a 8043 base. But still, not the same. :thumbup:

This looks like he or she was inspired by fistach's model and decided to build his/her own.

Edited by Dutch_EE

Actually when compared to 2010 challenges; 90% of these models seem to be made by (disguised) AFOL's. The only one which seems to be done by a TFOL is 'Mini fire engine' By: balu_kabalu13. But I hope I am wrong.

[Edit]. Correct spelling for the pernickity people.

Edited by roamingstudio

Hey everbody, Conchas,

I want to say that you don't have to take action, because the entry in the LEGO challenge was also made by myself. I simply used another nickname because the nickname "techn0m0ves" was already occupied! So don't remove me from the list, but go voting!!

Ok, I'll take action on this, directly to the LEGO Technic Team.

Thanks!

Ok, I'll take action on this, directly to the LEGO Technic Team.

Great! :thumbup:

IMO, TLG should select a bunch of semifinalists and present them to the AFOL community to see if they find some fake entries, and only after, present a clean list of the 10 finalists, since seems that TLG by itself can't manage to do that.

AFOL community is every day, every hour... searching the web for new works, designs, inspiration... so its easy for them (us) to have an idea if some competition entry was already seen before, were and to whom it may belong.

May a real competitor win.

Cumps

PS:

...because the entry in the LEGO challenge was also made by myself. I simply used another nickname because the nickname "techn0m0ves" was already occupied! ...

One left to be found. :tongue:

Edited by Mortymore

There is still that "little" thing about the model made by Jurgen Krooshoop!

If that one is from is real author also, I guess Jurgen was drunk when, supposedly he, wrote this on LEGO website has a description to his model:

#

Description

#

Here is my latest creation: a fully remote controlled Backhoe loader based on the JCB 4CX, which is a Backhoe loader with 4 equal-sized wheels & 4-wheel-steering.

Seriously!... No one in his perfect mind would point "4 equal-sized wheels" as a major feature to his model, especially one of that complexity.

Kick me if that was posted by Jurgen.

Cumps

PS: IMO, again, LEGO should only admit works never seen before, at least on the web. That probably would narrow down some fakes and doubts.

Edited by Mortymore

TLG considered przemo1201's entry a different model despite similar to the one built by Fistach (Blast Hole Drilling Rig), as it is built in a different way.

Then they come with a proposal for two other models, but meanwhile I've made them know about the latest developments. So lets see how this develops.

I won't share here these two new models for verification, because suddenly it seems we won't have two to replace, but one. And I don't want to cause any kind of frustrations t one of the author's eventually reading here. :sick:

If you meant me, I can say that I'm not being frustrated, rather than happy that you people are so attentive and I only appreciate your criticism!

TLG considered przemo1201's entry a different model despite similar to the one built by Fistach (Blast Hole Drilling Rig), as it is built in a different way.

Then they come with a proposal for two other models, but meanwhile I've made them know about the latest developments. So lets see how this develops.

I won't share here these two new models for verification, because suddenly it seems we won't have two to replace, but one. And I don't want to cause any kind of frustrations t one of the author's eventually reading here. :sick:

I do hope that TLC with change the way of "how to enter". A simple way of doing this would be an extra picture to be submitted which shows "you and the model you made".

I suspect that might cause them a bunch of legal issues that they'd rather avoid (requesting photos of kids is fraught with problems). Requiring that model submissions include a "TECHNIC Challenge March 2011" or whatever sign would be a lot less hassle and equally effective at blocking out cheaters.

This also happened in the last Challenge didn't it? Shame people can't come up with their own thing, so copy just to try and get a free lego set. It saddens me :cry_sad:

Do you agree with me that they are copied?

Also, how do I go about reporting it, or would someone else kindly do it for me?

First of all: thanks for noticing, it's being appreciated !!

And indeed, This is JCB 4CX my backhoe loader (as you can see here, and I never submitted it (or any) models to the Technic Challenge competition. I directly recognized the model & my picture. So someone just copied my picture.

Personally, I don't really mind, If someone thinks he/she will really feel by better stealing a model and trying to win a contect with it, or sell the instructions of one of them (which are always available as free download on my website), than they must do so. I don't say that doing such a thing is OK, cause it's definately not. But I'm not going to waiste any energy, trying to fight it, cause I'll never be able to win. This is the risk of putting something valuable on the internet for free, and I'm willing to take the risk.

I don't have any interest in making money out of this hobby, and I don't have interest in winning any competition, I just want to share what I make and give people more Lego-fun, cause it is fun !!.I feel sorry for those people who try to disrupt these pleasures.

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

Jurgen, although you may not want to fight the plagiarism, I'm sure TLG may feel differently. We'll see what they do with the imposter. If it's some some hoodlum, they need to learn this "Life Lesson" -- one cannot take credit for other people's work. If they try to plagiarize work as an adult, they will get fired, sued, etc.

Meanwhile, TLG should consider some of the suggestions at the beginning of this topic to help prevent plagiarized entries from being submitted. Otherwise, it's going to happen month after month, and the competition is going to be a sham.

Oh, I completely agree with you, DLuders. If I were TLG, I'd disqualify the member immediately, knowing this. As you said, these kind of submissions would render such a competition completely useless.

It's not the first time a model is "stolen" from me, but I will not let it prevent me from giving my work to you guys, who do appreciate it. I'd rather use the time to construct something new than trying to chase everyone who tries to abuse my models.