On a scale of 1 to 5  

117 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Hmmm, Target exclusive in the US, but it will be a Kmart exclusive in Oz...thats different, now Target Oz usually gets the same as`Target US...at least with SW.

My son just loves the money transport itself and thinks the bank is very cool ! :grin:

But the female torso could have been a little different as it appears the bank and TRU store use twin sisters working in them ! :laugh:

Hi Mifody, here you find the money and bank transfer placed in my city..looks really well!!!!

New in my city: City Bank 3661 march 2011

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Hi Mifody...

Greetz, LegoSjaak

It has turned out very harmoniously! But apparently the bank doesn't have back wall?

Well, then the bank robber wouldn't need to go through the skylight eh ? :laugh:

That brings me to an odd point, I see most peoples city layouts and they have there open backed buildings in a normal layout as if they were full size and closed backs. Note there are no staircases or rear access doors to these buildings.....of course close these in and you reduce the kiddy-play factor greatly ! :wink:

Idea might be not to have roads right behind the open backs.....gee the bank robber can just walk in the back. Then nick the credit card or gold bars and high tail it out of there with sort of a head start. Lego city's security measures are poor, hence all the police sets.....at least the crooks are not armed with guns....then it would be dangerous to live and work there eh ? :devil:

An idea like I use is the open backs all positioned like a real city street, just look at what I do with New Mannum and Zactown....realistic and playable - vehicles in the front and action inside.

Oh, one more thing, Lego forgot one thing to put in the bank....one word....Big Brother...yep, a security camera :wink: like I said poor security ! :laugh:

Brick On ! :grin:

And, 'LegoSjaak' nice town layout anyway ! :sweet:

I hope to get this set some time this year, just wish the Police theme wasn't included with this set. It would have been nice to just have bank security minifigs.

I thought that, so I only bought the stickers and red bike from bricklink. I shall build my own bank and security van.

I thought that, so I only bought the stickers and red bike from bricklink. I shall build my own bank and security van.

Well, yeah you can do that, don't forget to buy the 6x6 tiles for the van and those 2x2 with a stud in the middle tiles in that odd looking dark blue !

Good luck anyway and Brick On 'Bricken-town-dweller' ! :grin:

Great review.

Does anyone know when and who will be carrying this in Canada - TRU, Wal-Mart, Zellers? Only S@H?

Great review.

Does anyone know when and who will be carrying this in Canada - TRU, Wal-Mart, Zellers? Only S@H?

Seems I have answered my own question - on March 26/11 - in Zellers in Ontario and what do I find on the shelves there - 3661!

This isn't a complete surprice to me though - as Zellers seems to have had the exclusive on 8403 City House.

Excellent review.

The bank itself is disappointing as it is incredibly small. The vehicles are nice. If you have enough police cars, the police car looks good in white without the stickers as a civilian vehicle. The bank has great play value but should have been wider.

- Michael

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I thought some would like to know that this set will be discontinued by the end of this year.

I think it's quite small but expensive. For set collectors definetaly a must-have, as you have Police Car #6 in there, it is a City Bank which is quite uncommon in LEGO history and it has some unique product ideas like the cash automat, the credit card and so on.

But nothing for parts collectors, I think.