BrickArtist

[MOC] UCS BARC Speeder

Very nice version. The only flaw I see is the front looks a bit over exaggerated in my own opinion.

I know what you mean-I think when I built it it was proportionate, but not scale to this model.

Now the rear and front parts are significantly better! Great job on the improvements. :thumbup: I hope to see more photos at different angles (front, quarter-front, etc.) so we could appreciate more the overall look of this build.

Here's another shot:

barc_barc_barc.jpg

Very nice and the improved rear end is a lot better, the only grip i have is the front, could you not build it with plates instead of the 1x2x3 75 slopes? would give a thinner profile head on. You just need a UCS Z-74 to compliment it (if only Gareth made instructions)

Yeah I think I'll give that portion a bit of work. On another forum a lot of people said they wanted less studs, so that was to satisfy them.

I'm sorta liking the idea of making models usually made at minifig scale then UCSing them I might do Z-74, but I want to do a UCS ISP next. :grin:

Wow that is reallly a improvement.

Maybe you can try to cover up more studs ( with tiles or snot) to give it a more clean look

Anyway still a really good job ( already on youre way to make ucs barc speeder v2? XD)

Edited by Blackknight112

Wow, you really slimmed down the rear! Much better.

Very nice version. The only flaw I see is the front looks a bit over exaggerated in my own opinion.

If you're talking about the size, it is a bit too big, but not too bad. I think that the overall shape is a more important issue in that region.

Very nice and the improved rear end is a lot better, the only grip i have is the front, could you not build it with plates instead of the 1x2x3 75 slopes? would give a thinner profile head on. You just need a UCS Z-74 to compliment it (if only Gareth made instructions)

I would agree, and I did suggest more SNOT on the nose...

By the way, it's 74-Z, not Z-74. Perhaps you were confused because the numbers usually come after the letter (T-65, BTL-4A, etc.)

Yeah I think I'll give that portion a bit of work. On another forum a lot of people said they wanted less studs, so that was to satisfy them.

Yeah, at the moment you've got a lot of plates where you could have tiles and such. But again, I would worry about that after you've really nailed the details.

Sorry brickartist , I didn't remember you built that . Although , please calm down , I 'm new and I just offered help . Finally I 'm sorry if it's that bad to invite you to see my creation , I can imagine it may be disturbing for you ,it's just that it is really common in Flickr . Again I'm really sorry , I didn't remember you making a minifig scale barc but hey ... Relax ...

Edited by Troopmaker

That's one good-looking BARC! Very well done :classic:

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of dark red in the front "hole" for lack of a better word. But that's just a minor detail.

Again, good work!

The updated version is definitely an improvement, I think the original was a bit too complex (especially around the back).

Great work. :classic:

Sorry brickartist , I didn't remember you built that . Although , please calm down , I 'm new and I just offered help . Finally I 'm sorry if it's that bad to invite you to see my creation , I can imagine it may be disturbing for you ,it's just that it is really common in Flickr . Again I'm really sorry , I didn't remember you making a minifig scale barc but hey ... Relax ...

I wouldn't call it disturbing, but I'll explain where I was coming from. Flickr(Alike MOCpages) isn't a structured forum like eurobricks. People on flickr want hits, on EB you want feedback. If everyone started requesting comments this forum would become one big competition for who can get the most views/comments.That would really degrade from the over-all EB experience. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Anyways, thanks for all the compliments and feedback everybody. I'll do some work on that nose, which seems to be the more difficult part of the build(Surprisingly). Due to another MOC I'm working on, I'm low on tiles :sad: But I'll try to get rid of those studs.

Edited by DobbyClone

The updated version is definitely an improvement, I think the original was a bit too complex (especially around the back).

Great work. :classic:

Complex? I'd say the principal issue is that it's built too simply (i. e. he's not taking full advantage of the increased size).

And brickartist is right about the difference between MOCpages and Eurobricks. I'll add that on MOCpages most of the contributors are either a)kids whose MOCs look like garbage to us; b)adults whose MOCs look like garbage to us whereas on Eurobricks most of the contributors are AFOLs who are actually sort of serious about making their MOCs look good, though of course that's defined rather broadly (Brickdoctor, KielDaMan and I come to mind)...

Complex? I'd say the principal issue is that it's built too simply (i. e. he's not taking full advantage of the increased size).

And brickartist is right about the difference between MOCpages and Eurobricks. I'll add that on MOCpages most of the contributors are either a)kids whose MOCs look like garbage to us; b)adults whose MOCs look like garbage to us whereas on Eurobricks most of the contributors are AFOLs who are actually sort of serious about making their MOCs look good, though of course that's defined rather broadly (Brickdoctor, KielDaMan and I come to mind)...

Well, I think both sites have MOCers of all levels, like here on EB we're accepting of MOCers who are still getting the hang of it. What really defines the two IMO is eurobricks' structure as a sort of community. I can name all the usernames who are constantly in our LSW forum, MOCpage users can't say the same. Also on eurobricks immature actions are more quickly addressed and noticed.

I received you PM-I'll be writing you another soon. I'm also going to BL some tiles I think. I'll also probably zap you a PM with the start of my UCS ISP at some point.

Friends again then ! Again , I 'm sorry , it won't happen again . Finally just because you mentioned it , I 'm pretty preconvinced about mocpages too , sites such as EB or the CABG are much better .

Edited by Troopmaker

Friends again then ! Again , I 'm sorry , it won't happen again . Finally just because you mentioned it , I 'm pretty preconvinced about mocpages too , sites such as EB or the CABG are much better .

:wink:

Sorry to bump this up to the top, but this MOC is amazing! :sadnew:

Really cute, solid design. :thumbup:

Thanks 12 volts! It's not a bump unless the topic is way old though :sweet:

This is awesome, I was not expecting it to be this big. Really impressive.

Thanks Big Cam! I honestly wasn't expecting me to go this big either. I suppose I might have felt guilty putting the 'UCS' label on anything smaller(Which I really wanted to do :grin: ).

Looking at the size of Reto's model I think brickartist may have fudged a few figures here and there... but the increased size does help.

Looking at the size of Reto's model I think brickartist may have fudged a few figures here and there... but the increased size does help.

Ohh? What do ya' mean?

I started reworking the nose Fallen, and I'm not so sure how I feel about the 5-studs wide figure. I think I'm going to make it 4 wide then put plates on either side with sloping bricks to best represent that distinctive shape. I'm also gonna make the top of it SNOT, with sloping bricks and angled plates to get that transition.

Hi I've just got back to Eurobricks again, and this MOC greats me, It is really good bric.... er DobbyClone, I wonder whether one of the 5 inch Hasbro BARC troopers would fit on one, really good job man. I much prefer the second version with the more sloped back, but the front intake is a little bit to large IMO, I think either lowering it a little bit, or lengthening the centre bar by one stud might make it look a bit, I don't know I cant really put my finger on it but it looks too BIG. Great MOC though, and well worth the UCS label. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi I've just got back to Eurobricks again, and this MOC greats me, It is really good bric.... er DobbyClone, I wonder whether one of the 5 inch Hasbro BARC troopers would fit on one, really good job man. I much prefer the second version with the more sloped back, but the front intake is a little bit to large IMO, I think either lowering it a little bit, or lengthening the centre bar by one stud might make it look a bit, I don't know I cant really put my finger on it but it looks too BIG. Great MOC though, and well worth the UCS label. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Welcome back, Me Man! Haven't seen you in the forums in a while. I'm having a lot of trouble with that front portion, while at minifig scale it was soo easy to make(2 1x2 jumpers) At this scale it's very difficult. I'll take in those criticisms during my next revision. :sweet:

Ohh? What do ya' mean?

Well, "UCS scale" is 1:28. Reto's model is just a bit bigger than 1/24... and it's much smaller than yours. But as I said, the increased size allows for more detail and creativity in build technique.

I started reworking the nose Fallen, and I'm not so sure how I feel about the 5-studs wide figure. I think I'm going to make it 4 wide then put plates on either side with sloping bricks to best represent that distinctive shape. I'm also gonna make the top of it SNOT, with sloping bricks and angled plates to get that transition.

Sounds good. I'm still waiting for that PM.

I don't think it's so much the size of the nose as the fact that it's a bit too blocky at the moment, but I'm sure brickartist will improve on that.

Whoa! That's very cool! The back section definitely looks better in the second version. And I would agree that this is one of the hardest vehicles to recreate in Lego. :thumbup:

Whoa! That's very cool! The back section definitely looks better in the second version. And I would agree that this is one of the hardest vehicles to recreate in Lego. :thumbup:

Thanks Masked! This probably would have been more difficult if I wasn't so...'Acquainted' with the BARC. After doing all my minifig-scale versions i knew exactly what elements weren't able to be represented at that scale, which was frustrating. When I began making this model most portions came easier than I had expected. I didn't have reference in front of me for V1 :blush:

Edited by DobbyClone

Wow! This is looking great. I think you are coming close to really using the full potential of UCS, although, I feel the front engine looks a little squarish.

Great job :thumbup:

Wow! This is looking great. I think you are coming close to really using the full potential of UCS, although, I feel the front engine looks a little squarish.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks!

Sorry for the bump, but I've hit a sort of block on the construction of my model. The Front section is proving... to be most obnoxious :vader: I'm trying to figure out how to represent the fattening, yet slender portion there. Any suggestions? I was thinkong sideways plates, but that didn't look slope-worthy enough.

This is nice! I have only seen one other UCS BARC speeder, so it is nice to see some variety.