Henchmen4Hire

Building the Space Truck

It took me a few hours to reverse-engineer the space truck based on the prototype picture. The most time spent was on the lights in front, and that was still only like 10 minutes, I used a lot of the time to eat some snacks, lol.

st5xx.jpg

Edited by DrNightmare

Got parts for my Space Police ship, only missing a few bits and stickers!

st8l.jpg

And it looks like the Mechanic's name is Jurek, lol

Edited by DrNightmare

I think the last few pieces I ordered will be in tomorrow, but I still need five 4x10 yellow plates...

96221698.jpg

21418859.jpg

49157695.jpg

77928994.jpg

33319923.jpg

I changed the front of the engines a little and added more neon green elements inside, I like all the variations so far. Will probably switch the 2x2 neon round brick with 4 neon cones to make it more interesting.

dsc8584.jpg

Edited by DrNightmare

Wow! I hadn't seen the prototype, but it looks great in comparison to what we actually got.

Nice work so far, it looks sleeker and better than the original prototype. :classic:

It's looking good! I'll have to make myself one. :wub:

Yes! And be sure to post your progress!

Wow! I hadn't seen the prototype, but it looks great in comparison to what we actually got.

Nice work so far, it looks sleeker and better than the original prototype. :classic:

Better, stronger, faster! We have the technology! :tongue: I like how low-key the prototype's engines are so they aren't advertising "Blacktron technology! Arrest me!", but I also like how bold they are with the neon-green cones instead of the dark bley barrels.

Really amazing !! O_O

Yarrr! Stay tuned for more comics and updates to my other Space Police ship!

Oh yeah, and yay! Frontpaged! Another thing to cross off my life's to-do list :)

Edited by DrNightmare

It's certainly very kind you made this in LDD and also provided the file for parts and instructions! :thumbup:

I think this is the way LDD cab best be used as it really plays to it's strengths on MOCs in set scale like this on.

I'm not a space police fan, but you've clearly made a major improvement over the set!

It's certainly very kind you made this in LDD and also provided the file for parts and instructions! :thumbup:

I think this is the way LDD cab best be used as it really plays to it's strengths on MOCs in set scale like this on.

I'm not a space police fan, but you've clearly made a major improvement over the set!

Yesss, LDD is the only way I can build things because I don't have space (or much money) to order many pieces.

Glad you like the changes, I'm still tinkering with the truck now that I have it built and am finding more things to improve!

That looks simply fantastic, DrNightmare!

And I love the photos and text, they make me laugh :laugh:

Thankssss! I hope more people submit Sci-Fi comics, the Star Wars thread is hogging all the talent!

Amazing! Feeling like I should sell my one year old vehicule, for buying the next one, same brand, so much better.

Thank you for sharing !

(can't wait to see next pics)

Thanks for sharing the LDD file with us all! Nice to see 'open source' making its way into the LEGO community ;)

Your rendition of the prototype version of this set is great, though I have to say there are design cues that I prefer from the production version. That's not an admonition or detraction from your hard work, just an aesthetic preference on my part. I find the three sets of engine pods/wings a bit of overkill, but the rest is pretty awesome!

Amazing! Feeling like I should sell my one year old vehicle, for buying the next one, same brand, so much better.

Thank you for sharing !

(can't wait to see next pics)

So true! I remember selling some of my sets to buy pieces to upgrade my Ice Planet ships.

Thanks for sharing the LDD file with us all! Nice to see 'open source' making its way into the LEGO community ;)

Your rendition of the prototype version of this set is great, though I have to say there are design cues that I prefer from the production version. That's not an admonition or detraction from your hard work, just an aesthetic preference on my part. I find the three sets of engine pods/wings a bit of overkill, but the rest is pretty awesome!

I always wondered why more people didn't share LDD files of their MOCs, but then I realized not everyone uses LDD. Some have all the pieces they need laying around or use a different program or sell their designs, which is all understandable of course. I just like to share things to see what other people can do with them. I should redo my other ship in LDD and post the file...

I think the 6 engines are a little much too, but I like ridiculousness, har har.

big-engine.jpg

As a brutish unrefined American, I'm always looking for ways to add MORE POWER! :laugh:

Looks great, as a collector of the Space Police line this fits in perfectly!

Yessss, I think I'll make some kind of motorcycle next. With a giant engine :D