Sign in to follow this  
Blackknight112

[MOC] Zephyr-G swoop

gallery_101_23_281.gif

These is my latest MOC, the Zephyr-g swoop, it is a swoop bike Anakin used to go kill some tusken raiders.

i am not sure if this will be my final design, I am not verry happy the way the front came out. But it was verry difficult due of the shape of the swoop bike and the limmeted parts in republic red.

5516822313_90808f26bf.jpg

here are some differt angles:

5517412672_ec04c4de3d.jpg

5516823023_9bbe5f504a.jpg

5517410752_a84f34fa48.jpg

5516820951_81114517dc.jpg

Ideas of how I can improve my design are very welcome.

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

I quite like this 'Blackknight112', it feels more genuine than the earlier Lego set in respect to the actual one from AOTC.

Actually I can't fault it, but I'll bet the good doctor might ! :wink:

May the brick be with you ! :grin:

I agree with lightningtiger, this is a very good model and honestly I can't find anything wrong with it, really. I have very fond memories of the official Tusken Raider encounter set - I think I was allowed to open it if I spoke nothing but Mandarin Chinese for a week or maybe two, and I did. I was so proud of myself. And I'll also agree with lightningtiger that I shall leave the technical details and the specifics to the man with the Ph.D in brickology :tongue:

Great model! As Jedd and Lightning have said, it is almost flawless. I was going to say that you didn't have the fold-out langing gear, but I looked at a different angle and saw that you did have it. You must have studied a picture very closely to make it this accurate. And I'm no Brickdoctor, but you might want to somehow add come rear flaps. Otherwise, great MOC :thumbup: .

Not much to add really. A fantastic rendition at this scale and miles better than the official version. :thumbup:

I like. :sweet: I think the bars on the front might flare a little too much towards their back end, and there's the bar down the middle which I wish you had found a way to eliminate, but toehr than that it looks great.

Nice! I like the shape of the model, and you've incorporated some good techniques in there. I think the section bows out on the front could use work, It should probably be a 1 plate(Preferably tile) thickness. The accurate handlebars are doable- If you wanna use the ones of my BARC you can :sweet: I would also scrap the tapering 2x4 Dk. red piece and build the structure on a greebled underside. There's also the fins that come off of the model in multiple places which are absent on yours. You should also get the pedals on there. Ope and would you mind giving us a pic with a Fig? I can't to see where you go with this, this is a very cleverly built model and I hope you pursue it with future renditions. :classic:

That is awesome, the color is one of my favorites, taken from 7113 no doubt.

It really looks like the speeder bike from the movie. Awesome work!

Ideas of how I can improve my design are very welcome.

Actually I can't fault it, but I'll bet the good doctor might ! :wink:

And I'll also agree with lightningtiger that I shall leave the technical details and the specifics to the man with the Ph.D in brickology :tongue:

And I'm no Brickdoctor, but you might want to somehow add come rear flaps. Otherwise, great MOC :thumbup: .

When did Brickdoctor become so esteemed...?

Edited by fallenangel309

When did Brickdoctor become so esteemed...?

When I started critiquing stuff like you. :grin: Edited by Brickdoctor

When I started critiquing stuff like you. :grin:

Stealing my thunder, are you? :tongue: What's going to happen now that there are three of us (me, brickartist, you).

Anyway, regarding the model I honestly have no idea what this is supposed to look like so I can't offer anything accuracy-wise, but I will say that it looks clean and is cleverly built.

Stealing my thunder, are you? :tongue: What's going to happen now that there are three of us (me, brickartist, you).

We shall rule the world! :devil:

Anyway, regarding the model I honestly have no idea what this is supposed to look like so I can't offer anything accuracy-wise, but I will say that it looks clean and is cleverly built.

Zephyr-G.jpg

Unfortunately, that's the best reference image I can find.

...Galactic Empire!....And there will be piece(If I keep making puns like that, they'll probably revolt against us :tongue: ).

Anyways, Fallen the CGI pic that the Doc linked is probably the best shot of it.

After getting another close look, I think you should incorporate more Dk. Grey.

If you get REALLY obsessed with this model(Docs AT-RT, Fallens T-65, My BARC). You'll want to go up in scale. I'm gonna warn you in advance, that front portion requires a super-scaling to be done right.

Edited by DobbyClone

Very nice swoop bike Blackknight, like most of who commented before me, I already like it as it is and I think it's heaps better than the one in the standard set. So good job! :thumbup:

[snip]

Unfortunately, that's the best reference image I can find.

Hmm, interesting proposal. Once more the Star Wars geeks will rule the galaxy...

Yuck! Looks like an 8-year old stepped on his toy 74-Z and then decided he'd paint it red to match his fire truck.

...Galactic Empire!....And there will be piece(If I keep making puns like that, they'll probably revolt against us :tongue: ).

So this is how liberty dies - with a speeder bike, an X-wing, and a guy in a tub (?). :tongue:

Anyways, Fallen the CGI pic that the Doc linked is probably the best shot of it.

No wait, this is the thingy that Anakin rode in Clones to go find Shmi right? There should be a full-sized model of this somewhere; I think I remember seeing them build one during production for bluescreen shots. If anyone here has any production footage...

If you get REALLY obsessed with this model(Docs AT-RT, Fallens T-65, My BARC). You'll want to go up in scale. I'm gonna warn you in advance, that front portion requires a super-scaling to be done right.

Having seen Blackknight112's past MOCs I think that he mostly likes building small...

looks really good, instantly recognizable :classic:

Hey, that sounds familiar...

That's great! (yes like every one else said) But still the overall MOC is much better then the one that came in the set. What's it look like with a minifigure on it?

Hello!

A very close and detailed version of the swoop, very nice! :classic: I would like to see the dynamic swoop in action, meaning with pilot sitting on it. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

This looks awesome. I agree with you the front portion needs to be smaller, but can't imagine what parts that would need. I'd love to see this with a minifig on it.

Great job :thumbup: