Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest Mafia: Day One

And Brigit when she insulted my flowers.

I'm sorry, but they're my flowers. I'm the florist in this town! Sure, I might buy them from you (and sell them on with a hefty profit), but once they've exchanged hands, they're mine. And they're starting to reek.

Maybe it's because of you. :hmpf_bad:

I really do not want to take a chance with getting a penalty for not convicting someone, but I've done my duty and voted, so all I can do is hope the rest of you vote as well. The trashy raccoon is right, we Villagers need to act in order to get somewhere. We cannot just wallow in self-pity as the Demon Legionnaires pick us off one by one!

Statistically, the town are more likely to survive if they actually get off their tails and do something. You'd think that would be obvious, wouldn't you? But clearly, some of you think that simply doing nothing will make the problem go away. :sceptic:

I seem to remember reading this argument before, in that Werewolf book, and misapplied there as well, so I'm going to have to disagree with you, my dear bear.

Statistically, the Village will be better off not lynching, and going into the night with an even number of players. And we have already learned a little from the voting patterns, not least of which is the sudden rush of votes against a player targeted randomly, despite everything he was saying in his defense.

I'm not saying we shouldn't vote; we should look hard for and test anyone who seems suspicious, and voting is one way to do that.

It's very likely that there are some scummy animals in that rush of voters who didn't wait to hear Edgar's defence. Whether or not you believe Edgar is not the issue; if there's a chance he might be telling the truth, he should be tested another way.

I concur with this my dear pussy cat. snip

Here is a pussy big bear can admire. :sweet: We've already learnt some things from the voting so far today, which is good. Currently, I don't want to vote for Helen just because she led the charge so to speak, so I will not be unvoting. I only get to do it once, so I'm not going to do it until I have someone I find more suspicious than Edgar. I have read through what Edgar has said, and frankly I find it to be a convoluted mess of "subtle" hints and claims that could be interpreted in any number of ways. I agree with Helen's original reason for the vote, and while I do think that Edgar's defense should definitely be considered, currently it is not enough to make me change my mind. We've learnt the most so far today from seeing how people react to votes, something which our well hung blacksmith could do with remembering. We may all think we're pretty awesome at life, but sitting around and doing nothing really isn't awesome at all.

Sing it bin boy! No better point has been made today. People need to move to action, we may be wrong but either way we learn something. With the extent of the crazed ramblings of Edgar, I am inclined to believe we have someone of a lot of interest within our sites. If people can't see that then they are perhaps scum seeking to divert our attention away by mounting an ineffectual vote today!

I understand why people unvoted Edgar. I can even understand why some people voted for Helen. But I don't think voting for Helen is the solution. I think we shouldn't look at the person who started the voting bandwagon, scum would never cast the first stone. I think we need to check out those who hopped on the bandwagon very fast without any reason.

Not to mention those who dropped off just as quick, lets not seek to derail the initial vote by coming up with alternates to divide the masses. Edgar has already thrown up enough reasons to be under suspicion, maybe some people are fortunate to have had private chats around town, but I will stick to my instincts for now and suggest others may do the same.

Instead of just saying we should look at people who did this or that, we need to actually DO something. Those who think they know better than I might find it helpful to offer up actual names or voice their suspicions about specific people.

That would definitely help but not many know a lot just yet.

I'm not saying we shouldn't vote; we should look hard for and test anyone who seems suspicious, and voting is one way to do that.

That's fine and dandy but leaves us possibly vulnerable tonight, though who really knows what will transpire.Edgar seems suspicious to me at the moment, yet everyone jumped on him then quickly jumped off, I find this a tad confusing. More information would have to be brought to bear to make me reconsider. Though it appears a moot point as no one looks like being lynched today, perhaps someone in the night will look into Edgar's allegiances? They may work threw others and release this information hopefully.

It's very likely that there are some scummy animals in that rush of voters who didn't wait to hear Edgar's defence. Whether or not you believe Edgar is not the issue; if there's a chance he might be telling the truth, he should be tested another way.

Maybe so, but I just cant shake the feeling that we were on to something here, time will tell I guess, but I wont stand by idly getting picked off, I want my vote to actually do something one way or another.

With the extent of the crazed ramblings of Edgar, I am inclined to believe we have someone of a lot of interest within our sites. If people can't see that then they are perhaps scum seeking to divert our attention away by mounting an ineffectual vote today!

Except they weren't crazed ramblings but hints that I feel were obvious to someone willing to look at them. And you still aren't. Perhaps you're scum or did figure out the hints but would benefit from his removal from our village? Hmmm, who would want to do that? Someone who doesn't want to prevent forest fires.

I would rather have an ineffectual vote than one that condemns a person that I'm confidant is innocent and needed for our survival.

Except they weren't crazed ramblings but hints that I feel were obvious to someone willing to look at them. And you still aren't. Perhaps you're scum or did figure out the hints but would benefit from his removal from our village? Hmmm, who would want to do that? Someone who doesn't want to prevent forest fires.

I would rather have an ineffectual vote than one that condemns a person that I'm confidant is innocent and needed for our survival.

That is of course your decision. If I have learnt one thing its not to push too hard to get people to convict, as that will invariably make you look like scum, so why would I push people to vote unless I thought he was scum/neutral who can only benefit by being left alive. I guess all will be revealed either way, but don't believe I would be so silly to push people to vote unless I myself was a loyal townie.

Surely if I were scum my colleagues would have told me in private to calm down/ step back so as not to draw attention to their small team? I have nothing to fear except if they choose to kill me in the night. It is the people who say little that are often the most suspicious....

Again, I don't think that calling on the common things for people to do in previous books works as evidence now, we'd all know how they work, and we know how to act to appear town, even if we were scum, because we're all very well read.

As for the stinky flowers, Brigit, I think mine smell fine. Maybe you're doing something demon-like while they're in your shop? :laugh: I kid! Oh, it's good that we can still joke, even in this time of horror and sorrow! Stinky flowers don't point to a demon lover at all. I am not accusing Brigit. Lalalala. She and I are sort of friends. :blush:

I think that even with what experience we've had, this sort of deva vu we're suffering, I think we are in an interesting position. Some are being aggressive, some are being conservative, some are being bandwagoners, some are being resolute. None of it means much at the moment, but we'll be a step closer after the first night's fallen, as those of us who can help us at night will do so, and those evil among us will target who they will. Hopefully we will get something we can use.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray... :cry_sad:

Come off it, Scum aren't that obvious any more, especially in an "All Fur" line up such as this.

It is the people who say little that are often the most suspicious....

These two statements don't go together. I would have thought that if the scum would not vote late in order to avoid suspicion then they'd also try to be more active, for the same reason. As you said, would scum be that obvious? Besides, it's not just the late votes that I find suspicious, if you had voted late on a wagon which had been discussed over the course of the day then I wouldn't find it odd at all.

Anyway, I disagree with voting out either Helen or Edgar at this point and I won't be around for any sudden revelations that could appear later on in the day, so I shall not be voting. This has certainly been a more useful first day than I would have expected, so at least we aren't going into tomorrow with absolutely nothing to go on.

Do you really think anyone could possibly learnt anything at all in Day 1's conviction? Do you think God will actually reveal more than just your mere assocation to whoever you pledged to? Or even reveal one's actual role? The answer is NO. Sad and cruel. My friends, God will only tell us if one is a innocent townie, scumie, or neutral... So, where do you actually learnt? You learnt by putting our fellow townie at the line just to thin our very own numbers. That is extremely foolish.

The clues and relevations could all and can be found and work together during the day. It's the only chance that we, townies should do. Yes, I was being thrown into the basket by Helen and I strongly doubt that any half-smarted demons will actually volunteer to make him or herself obviously dumb in the first day. (I could be wrong) In addition to that, even after the conviction when I am truly proclaim innocent, then what Helen will looks like, I can assure she will be next in the line or at least be targeted by innocent townies. I have done what I have said and I got nothing to hide, even when I am dead and gone, people will still be suspecting whether my statement stands. Instead of allowing myself explaining with excuses, I decided to engage with one another with meaningful facts in the open, which ultimately have already placed a HUGE target board right behind my back. I am not requesting for protection and all I plead to you, is when I am dead and gone, please re-consider and evaluate my words again, because so far most of you are not being helpful in the day, while I am the ONLY one risking my lives for our village.

What I have done and said, is up to your own belief and I have proven my point by giving many many subtle clues through out the day. In this case, I am actually contributing actively in the day discussion whereas demons lurking in the dark are just plotting their way through by maniuplating our minds. We ought to be mindful that "we" as a whole have to believe for what we truly believe instead of being sway and pushed my statement away briefly for the sake of conviction.

Friends, I tell you that is total megablocks. Re-think and re-evaluate our stand, for tonight, it will be one chaotic bloody night. Let's all hold hands together and embrace for what will come and with more better information at night, we will be in a better position to decide on what and who to convict in Day 2. I have my own suspicions and those who voted swiftly against me are my prime suspects...

I'm going to withdraw my vote for Helen. I know she was only trying to be proactive and she did remove her vote when she realized that she may have been wrong about Edgar.

Unvote: Helen Hippo / def

Speaking of Edgar I would like to agree that he will be a prime target tonight and, even if he's not asking, I'm asking for anyone with such powers of protection to use it wisely on our pachyderm friend.

I'm going to withdraw my vote for Helen. I know she was only trying to be proactive and she did remove her vote when she realized that she may have been wrong about Edgar.

Unvote: Helen Hippo / def

I want to point out that the vote for Edgar initially was not done with confidence of his guilt, it was done to spur the town into action, and see how everyone was thinking about this situation. I'm sorry it almost got poor Edgar killed. Imagine, I place a single vote, and go for a stroll, and when I come back, he was nearly convicted. Absolutely astonishing. It seems there is more than one sheep here. I actually have some deep suspicions at this point, Brigit Bunny being one I've said before (I'm only repeating this since its on record, and I didn't see her address the points I made), but others seem even more suspicious, and I've confided to a few others I feel are somewhat trustworthy who they are.

My suspicions could well be wrong, but that vote for Edgar really did give us a lot of starting ground to put things in perspective, rather than just sitting around waiting for a bunch of us to get cut up or burned on night one.

Brigit, feel free to explain your logic here either in public or in private: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52795&view=findpost&p=942661

Vote tally

WhiteFang / Edgar Elephant: 3 votes (Dragonator, I Scream Clone, Ricecracker)

def / Helen Hippo: 2 votes (Professor Flitwick, Sandy)

Day One is now over. No conviction has been reached. The conclusion will be up shortly...

Night fell on Spring Haven and no conviction had been made. A day of metagaming had left a thick tension in the air. The gallows stood empty. The anxiety was very high. Would a demon come out of the forest and randomly take one of the adorable citizens of the village?

post-486-129973487679.jpg

Marcus Monkey was selling some late night apples to Helen Hippo and Lauren Lamb who were discussing the finer delicacy of applesauce. Bruno Bear preferred his apples solid and made a quiet "nom nom" as he ate. Their peaceful stop at the Apple Stand was interrupted by a high pitched scream...

post-486-129973506793.jpg

But it was only Booker Bear. Becka Bulldog was introducing him to the fine art of waxing in her beauty salon... The night was once again interrupted by a shrill shriek...

post-486-129973512334.jpg

But it was only Kenda Cat expressing her surprise as Benji Bulldog sniffed at her butt and Cameron Crocodile tried to feed her his sausage... Women screaming interrupted the peace next...

post-486-129973523257.jpg

But, it was only the pleasure screams of Kaley Cat and Pennie Pig as Edgar Elephant showed off his impressive long trunk... Next, an unsettling and unearthly moan practically moved the Earth...

post-486-129973537072.jpg

But it was just the satisfied moan of Felix Fox as he sniffed Brigit Bunny's flower while she sucked on his long carrot.

post-486-129973539345.jpg

The people of Spring Haven were converging on the town square in preparation for a wild furry party. Marcellus the Monk saw everyone out in the moonlight and became very agitated. "People of Spring Haven!" He cried, "You must all go home and lock your doors at once!"

post-486-129973546316.jpg

"Evil is loose in our village and the demon creatures are likely to randomly snag one of us tonight!!"

Disclaimer: These pictures are for fun. Anyone trying to find clues in them will be immediately mod-killed.

You have 24 hours to get your night actions in. Please use your "Forest Mafia Character Info" conversation so I can keep my PM box organized. Thank you.