Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest Mafia: Day One

I will like to highlight an important point... If you are convicting me because I am active in Day 1 unlike other books of life, then it is metagaming. I basically took a very different strategy to adopt myself in here, whereas I can just fly under the radar and remains helpless. Being targeted for opening my mouth is not fair to me, even though we need to lynch, with more supported facts will be greatly appreciated.

I have revealed quite a number of useful valid clues and if simple animal brains like yours don't know how to think and process logically, then we are doom and lose a valuable ally. :thumbdown:

So are you neutral, Edgar?

I am a townie........... unless of course you choose to verify with my elephant blood.

I can't argue with the crowd, especially when Edgar is revealing so much. If it was all true, he'd never be so stupid, would he?

Vote: Edgar Elephant (WhiteFang)

If it was all true, he'd never be so stupid, would he?

It will be a known truth once I am dead... After being convicted, I naturally shared some pointers which I know to my defence.

I got nothing except the mob to go on and your crazy ramblings which almost ask for your death to clarify what claims you have made. They say an Elephant never forgets, and I sadly don't think we will forget the outcome of this vote...

Vote: Edgar Elephant (WhiteFang)

I can't argue with the crowd

Please don't call us 'the crowd'... It's really over stating things too much.

I got nothing except the mob to go on and your crazy ramblings which almost ask for your death to clarify what claims you have made.

It may not be stated that clearly, but I'm not really confused about what Edgar is claiming. So I don't think you can reasonably use that as an excuse anymore to vote for him. It's more about whether we should believe him or not...

I thought elephants couldn't tell a lie or something. Oh, wait, it's that they don't remember. In order to make some headway, I suppose I too will: Vote: Edgar Elephant / WhiteFang

Bristol Bunny, Cara Cow, Gabby Goat, Kaley Cat, Lazlo Lion and Pennie Pig have each spoken up only once so far. On the other end of the spectrum, Brigid Bunny, Bruno Bear, Cameron Crocodile, Edgar Elephant and myself have each spoken up four times. La la la. I could list the 8 people who spoke up twice, and the 5 people who spoke up 3 times, but I don't think that might be a bit excessive. :blush:

Perhaps I'm not speaking because all this nonsense about furry parties and sausages aren't exactly helping us remove these demon people from the town. We've wasted much of the morning talking about pulling carrots in the garden.

Belief is a matter of individual mind. I had contributed "enough" of what I have said so far. If it makes no sense to anyone, then you just push it away in a casual attitude.

From the views of the demons, I could assure in their secret discussion, "Edger is a goner. There is no harm to cast your votes now as it does not make any differences to our numbers or arouse any suspicions. If his statement is geninue, we have indeed rid a powerful townie that benefits us all."

What surprises me is the fast voting over such a short opening period. My possible conviction may have rise from a fellow townie accussation but I defend myself. The ones who have cast their votes in a faster tone with no hesitation are mine prime suspects. Believe it or not, half of the demons may have voted for me and tap on the resources.

It could only happens when they are actively engaging in a discussion in the dark.

If you have the right mindset to think, then what could demons do in broad daylight. Lynching the innocent by the days and killed more innocents at night. That's the way they lived.

I'm not sure what to do... Everybody seems to be voting against Edgar. I need to think this through.

While I'm not opposed to voting for Edgar, I also know that we each only get 1 unvote on the day. I need to reread Edgar's defense two or three more times before I make my decision.

Helen's initial vote is a shot in the dark, she admitted that herself. What worries me is the speed with which the bandwagon formed, especially given we can only make one mistake in voting per day.

But Edgar's defense leaves a bit to be desired, at least to me.

I need a few moments to clarify my thoughts.

I fear we must vote today, and I honestly don't see anything else coming up to incriminate anyone else. :sceptic:

Vote: Edgar the Elephant/Whitefang

I'm sorry, my Elephant friend, but I must Vote: Edgar the Elephant/Whitefang. I wish it could be another way, like a good, long sit down and chat, but this is the consensus. Godspeed!

While I agree that lynching someone today is the way to go, I'm not sure about Edgar. He is unusually verbose today, but maybe it's just the nervousness of having this dark menace lurking in the village. On the other hand, how will we ever be sure of anything? This vote requires a leap of faith in those of us who may have a better nose for scummy behaviour. I just hope that we're not being mislead by the Demon Legion.

Vote: Edgar the Elephant/Whitefang

I, too, am sorry Edgar. I have thought things over, and the only conclusion I can come up with is that convicting you is the best course of action.

I hope you realize there is no malice in this act, and I do so with a lot of attached guilt (if you are indeed a Villager):

vote Edgar Elephant/WhiteFang

I got nothing else to add. Foolishness is all the way for the town.

Tonight, the killings will begin in 3-way direction and more will join me.

I will begin to pack my boat then.

For those who still believes in me, examine all of the voting patterns based on the posted timings. That is a critical point.

Houses don't burnt down for any reason...

Houses don't burnt down for any reason...

Unless struck by lightning. Mother Nature's cruel like that...

Sorry again, but there must be a cornerstone, or else we just flap around useless :sad:

Those are a lot of votes in a short period of time. I need to think before rushing to vote. I may not like the smell of fish that Edgar carries with him all of the time but he is the only one who buys the live bait from my store. What would I do with all those worms if he's not around any more? That'll eat into my profit margin.

Unless struck by lightning. Mother Nature's cruel like that...

And wild fire will continue to rampage and no one will ever have a chance to stop the forest fire anymore.

I too believe him. I feel that what he says is the truth, he just doesn't want to give too much away at this point.

So instead of taking a chance at someone randomly dying, we decide to just go after one person...

Vote tally

WhiteFang: 12 votes (def, Rick, iamded, Dragonator, Quarryman, Shadows, I Scream Clone, Bob TCM, Ricecracker, Scouts, Fugazi, Walter Kovacs)

Hmm I had a little private chat and I really don't know who to believe anymore. I think Edgar really could be a valuable asset to this village if he really is who he pretends to be. I'm afraid that it's too big a risk to lynch him right away without trying to investigate him more thoroughly.

Unvote: Edgar the Elephant/Whitefang

Hmm I had a little private chat and I really don't know who to believe anymore.

I've also been talking to some people, Edgar included, and I too am far from convinced this is the right thing to do. What would be the way to move forward then? Get an investigator to look into him? How will that be credibly communicated to us then?

Although he did practically give his role away as soon as he had a few votes against him... not the smartest move to make. :hmpf_bad: I'm afraid that even if he lives through the day he has painted a huge target on his back.

Vote: Helen Hippo/ def

I think you're finger pointing needs scrutinizing and that you're far too quick to try and displace blame. I don't do this maliciously either but I believe Edgar's story and you started the snowball down the hill. I'm willing to vote elsewhere if there's a more solid lead.

Vote tally

WhiteFang/Edgar Elephant: 11 votes (def, Rick, iamded, Dragonator, Quarryman, Shadows, I Scream Clone, Bob TCM, Ricecracker, Scouts, Walter Kovacs)

def/Helen Hippo: 1 vote (CorneliusMurdock)