Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Werewolf Mafia: Conclusion

One thing I never understood - who resurrected Beatrice? Was that a real character, or just a personification of God?

That was an amazing conclusion JimB, the best I have seen and it really shocked me :thumbup: I have a fair bit to say but I cannot wait to hear what everyones roles were. Just one thing, why did no-one try and kill Hinckley or was he just protected every night?

That was an amazing conclusion JimB, the best I have seen and it really shocked me :thumbup: I have a fair bit to say but I cannot wait to hear what everyones roles were. Just one thing, why did no-one try and kill Hinckley or was he just protected every night?

I was protected almost every night but I don't believe I was ever targeted for a night kill... I did spread the rumor that I was a commuter and it was not possible to kill me at night. Since my role was the gardener, I told quite a few people that I left the mansion every night and hid in my garden.

I was protected almost every night but I don't believe I was ever targeted for a night kill...

For me, I wanted to gain your trust by protecting you. Because you trusted me and I'd be worse off with you dead. Eventually I was planning on killing you on a night where you didn't ask for protection, but that never came around in time.

I have to say JimB, your entire mafia game made for extremely entertaining reading (including, but not limited to, Hinckley's plays - I shall miss those :sad: ) and the opening and closing scenes of the days were great to look at. I was laughing out loud reading the "dream sequence" at the end! You definitely held up the high standard of the asylum (which was the first game I really followed.)

Well done to all the players, especially the winners; it was very entertaining! :thumbup:

After Quarryman was lynched, I thought that the last Rouge was either Rufus or Whitefang

Yeah, I had a sneaking suspicion Rufus was a Rogue, too. :sceptic: Weird, huh? :wink:

I don't know why anyone would believe you left the mansion with all the night shenanigans of the town slut. :laugh:

Congratulations, Village! It's always nice when the good guys win. I imagine that this would have been how Asylum would have gone down if Hinck had guessed right about allegiences. (Again, sorry. I wanted to be good...)

I did think Flitwick was Coleman, and after that tried to figure out what the other players stage names were.

This was a hugely entertaining game to watch. You did a great job, JimButcher!

Can't wait for Hinck's game to start. I want to get back in on the action.

Quarryman

Welcome to Werewolf Mafia! Before you begin game play, please make sure that you have read up on rules (there have been rules added and changed to the traditional Eurobrick's mafia rules).

Your character is as follows:

5401944477_0ea198d957_m.jpg

Quinn Fairfax - Village

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Quinn Fairfax. You are a student at Blackwood's main school. You study hard, although your father pushes you even more each day to do your absolute best. You like to cause mischief, but your intentions aren't evil, in fact, you care quite a lot for your family and neighbors.

You have no night actions.

You win when all factions besides town are eradicated.

Please use the included character picture as your avatar (or include it in your signature) for the duration of the game. You must also include your character name in your sig.

Please confirm your participation in the Discussion and Confirmation thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding your role, otherwise ask any general questions in the Discussion thread.

Good luck, and have fun.

JimButcher

So you see guys, I was originally an innocent Villager with no night action, just like I said. Also, I got killed for inactivity (which is fair enough, I have no problem with that), but I was actually more active after I was converted. Oh well, congratulations to the Village, well played indeed, that was quite a steamroller. :thumbup:

More on the weight of sides later...

That's going to be interesting to hear, because my impression right now is that the game was badly unbalanced and heavily favoured the Village. For one thing, we supposedly couldn't night kill after we lost def, but had to ask to have that night action restored to us. :hmpf:

They were a third faction that was present throughout. They had to outnumber both the Werewolves and the Village. Likewise, the Werewolves had to outnumber both the Rogues and the Village.

So how many conversions could the Werewolves do?

Neither the Rogues nor the Werewolves could be converted. The Rogues started out with Def (Killer), Bob TCM (Turner - one time use), and Rufus (tracker). Bob tried to convert Walter Kovacs, but it was unsuccessful as I wasn't going to allow protectors to be converted. He later converted Quarryman, a vanilla townie. I suppose I should've given the Rogues at least one more conversion, to make them more even with the Werewolves.

You should have given the Rogues at least two conversions, yes. Or had them starting out with 4 and then 1 conversion, remember that having multiple scum factions in general favours the town, so you can't just add the number of scum together and balance that against the number of townies, because the scum will also work against each other.

You win when all factions besides town are eradicated.

:wink: I wink in Hinck's general direction :wink:

Though I didn't make the game, I did have a lot of fun watching. A lot of it was pretty funny, and the rest of it was a nice does of classic Mafia intrique. Great job playing, Jimbu- and great playing everyone else.

I would like to thank JimB for hosting this amazing game! I really enjoyed it, either living or dead. The most horrendous period was the moment after I was murdered till the moment I was brought back to life. It took so long! I would also like to thank everyone for the most awesome game ever. I never received/send so many pm's via eurobricks. My total amount of replies for this game is: 188!

Here is my role (which I misunderstood) :blush: :

Beatrice Synclair - Village - Vampire

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Beatrice Synclair. You are the wealthy wife of Samuel Synclair (Sandy), and the mother of Quinn Synclair (Quarryman). While your husband claims to be the head of the family, you are left responsible to take care of your family while they dawdle in their own doings. Your husband is always busy conducting family business of some sort, and your son hardly cares about school or his future, and is often away from home.

However, you have a secret. Long ago, as a little girl, you were bitten by a Vampire, and had become one yourself. The infection is not fatal, and in fact does not interfere with your everyday life. You do know, however, that you are extremely difficult to kill, and may survive an attempt on your life if it is performed during the night.

You win when all factions besides the Village are eradicated.

Please use the included character picture as your avatar (or include it in your signature) for the duration of the game. You must also include your character name in your sig.

Please confirm your participation in the Discussion and Confirmation thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding your role, otherwise ask any general questions in the Discussion thread.

Good luck, and have fun.

JimButcher

I was really lucky with some of my night kills! Although I had no solid leads for Def and TPRUs, I had suspicions about them.

What was suspicious about me more than anyone else? My posting in games is pretty similar whether town or scum at this point, playing it fairly conservative.

My character:

5401943253_2d9789ab2f_m.jpg

Daniel O'Donnell - Rogues - Killer

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Daniel O'Donnell. You are the owner of the local Irish restaurant. However, behind this disguise, no one knows that you use some of the profit from the restaurant to involve yourself in criminal affairs, including stealing precious treasures. It's become more of a hobby or challenge for you rather than another way to make money. You will stop at nothing to get what you want, including taking another's life.

You've teamed up with other like-minded people around Blackwood and its surrounding areas to ensure your survival in a crisis, if it were to arise. And with recent murders in the area, you're on your top guard. In order to survive, you've deemed it appropriate that you and your team must take control and outnumber anyone who might get in your way.

As such, you are the Killer of your team. Each night, send in a target that you wish to kill.

Your fellow Rogues include:

Benjamin Cobb (Bob the Construction Man). Turner.

Ruben Roland (Rufus). Spy / Tracker.

Thanks for the game Jim :thumbup: I particularly thought you had nice photos, and the MOC of the manor was great.

I was a little worried about the balance of the game, when I found out the rouges only had a single recruitment. It would be really hard to outnumber two factions when our max number is four. I can understand that you saw it as two factions against the town, but I had fairly low expectations of winning, since we were four people against town and a second faction.

Anyway, that's water under the bridge. The real issue was Inky killing me. I thoroughly lied to him during the Prince of Persia mafia, so I can understand him finding me somewhat suspicious. Unfortunately for him, it would have been better for the Werewolves and Rogues to work together, since both sides were needed to slim down towns numbers.

I was really disappointed I never had a chance to lie in this game!

Well played all. I was royally pissed about being killed, namely because my defense was true. I was so over-excited about my part, and DID skim over the section I claimed to skim over due to it being very late, and DID post without re-reading it. Hinckley caught me on a fluke, but hey, he caught me, so who am I to steal that victory from him.

I'm sorry I sort of ruined the game by being caught on the first day Jimbee. I think I put up a decent defense. Everyone else played very well, and I'm proud of all of you. I guess it's back to being a vanilla townie for me again for like another year. Finally get a good role and waste it. :tongue:

This was a fun with some unexpected twists along the way. Jimbee, your conclusion made me initially thought that we, Townies had lost as I assume that we had activated Inky's berserk personality, thinking that he can only be killed at night and upon convicting by day, it triggers a bomb. :laugh:

I really enjoyed this game very much and as someone who have zero night actions, I have done little to contribute in this discussion. I must applaud to the hardworking Townies including Hinck, Rick, and many others who have made this fun game possible. Basically, my role was to support the Townies as I have an additional passive "+1" vote during the day. No one except Hinck who have suspected of this "+1" vote and somehow, he knew that vote came from me and trusted that I was a townie. Of course, he did want to make sure that I was speaking the truth so he get the blocker to block me. Before this game started, I was trying to understand what my wife, Alopex is thinking... Seriously I have pmed you so many times but you didn't dare to confine your thoughts to me. I supposed you didn't trust your husband at that stage, thinking I am some sort of werewolves.

I did little groundwork in this game and I don't think I really deserve the win as it was the valiant work of our dead Townies who have scarified themselves to make our winning possible. Below is my character description. Still, I am glad that I have survived till the end. It has been a long while since I lasted so long ever since Hogwarts Mafia. :grin:

WhiteFang

Welcome to Werewolf Mafia! Before you begin game play, please make sure that you have read up on rules (there have been rules added and changed to the traditional Eurobrick's mafia rules).

5401943745_f23618bd24_m.jpg

William Fairfax - Village

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing William Fairfax. You are the Duke of southeastern England, and live in this quiet town of Blackwood. With recent murders, you have hired two detectives from London to assist the police in apprehending the person responsible, once you find out who that is. Your wife is Angela Fairfax (Apolex).

You have no night actions, but your vote counts as two.

I tried making up a lame fake role, but it was to no avail.

Somehow I figured I was cooked when Hinckley approached me saying "I was followed." Oh well...

One thing I never understood - who resurrected Beatrice? Was that a real character, or just a personification of God?

It was Ignatius Conan. I did it to make it seem like both of the revivals were similar--that's the whole point of having two (one's alliance stays the same, the other doesn't). That puff of smoke thing was my screw-up.

That's going to be interesting to hear, because my impression right now is that the game was badly unbalanced and heavily favoured the Village. For one thing, we supposedly couldn't night kill after we lost def, but had to ask to have that night action restored to us. :hmpf:

I was planning on passing it on anyway. Getting the night action results and day thread up is a lot of work, so sorry for not telling you right away.

So how many conversions could the Werewolves do?

Like I said, a maximum of once every three nights. That would mean, two. However, that doesn't mean the Werewolves were in favor over the Rogues, remember the Werewolves only started out with two, and there was only a chance that Beatrice would turn into a Vampire.

I'm sorry I sort of ruined the game by being caught on the first day Jimbee. I think I put up a decent defense. Everyone else played very well, and I'm proud of all of you. I guess it's back to being a vanilla townie for me again for like another year. Finally get a good role and waste it. :tongue:

You didn't ruin anything, but I admit saying to myself, "Don't die, don't die..." because I was also excited about the Werewolf role and what you would've done with it.

Now, on the weight of things, I agree that it was a bit in the Village's favor. And I do mean a bit. Honestly, it could've gone either way, especially if Zepher hadn't died. I admit that the Rogues could've had another conversion, but otherwise, I'd say that all three factions were fairly matched. There were also some disadvantages thrown against the town, such as scum with two actions, a paranoid doctor, a mason, an insane cop, and a neutral werewolf hunter. There was no town vigilante.

All in all, I highly recommend this setup, with less scum. Starting with five or more is just way too much for the town to handle, and the scum usually win. Like I said, this could've gone either way, it just happened to be in the town's hands.

I'm confident that this is much fairer.

Here are the roles as well as how I thought you played.

5401943209_08b8cb3789_m.jpg Werewolf Bodyguard - 50% chance of dying when protectee is targeted by a killer. Later inherited killer role for Werewolf team.

You played excellently, stringing Hinckley and others along with your double action. It's unfortunate that you lost your only teammate right away, but you dealt with it well. Was rooting for you. default_tong.gif

5401943253_2d9789ab2f_m.jpg Rogue Killer

Well played, it's unfortunate you were killed like so many others. I think your death lead to the fall of the rest of your team.

5401943329_55d824e4f1_m.jpg Rogue Turner

Caught up in your own lie, but you did well for the time that you lived.

5401943441_0cdd2dc15a_m.jpg Gardener - Immune from both Werewolf attacks and conversions. Could hand out two wolfsbane plants to make the holders immune to werewolf convert.

Do I even need to say it? You were a fantastic town leader, and lead the way to victory. A huge asset to the town's success. You also added a lot to the fun of the game, with plays and applesauce. default_laugh_new.gif

5402543556_cb60129620_m.jpg Seer (Investigator, Sane)

Not your best game, I have to say. You flew under the radar of any scum or suspicious townies for the most part, until Flitwick and Hinckley exposed you. I'm thinking you might've lived if you had been a little more rational.

5402543634_1919366b1d_m.jpg Psychologist - One time success use. Could target any player, if they were a killer, they'd be neutralized for two nights.

I wish you would've participated more, and also asked me to clarify your role if you were unsure of it. However, you played well for your first game, and seemed to know the ins and outs of it pretty well.

5401943649_cf84a90ea5_m.jpg Warrior (Bomb with a twist) - If lynched, took down the final voter with him. Not effective against night kills.

Again, would've like to see more posts out of you, but I suppose you kept under the radar. I don't understand why you would reveal your ability without under the pressure of a lynch, but I suppose you didn't want to become a target of Hinckley's.

5401943745_f23618bd24_m.jpg Double Voter

Would've like to see more posts from you as well, but go ahead and add that sixth win to your trophy case. default_tong.gif

5401943807_d4baf820b1_m.jpg Vampire - if night killed (not lynched), was converted to team Werewolf. Gained conversion ability after Werewolf died.

I was quite happy with the way you played. You argued well, and for a moment I thought you would live on as a vampire. Great game.

5402543872_6e3d4d3b4c_m.jpg Werewolf - kill action, could choose to convert once every three nights.

Caught up in a fluke. Didn't get much of a chance to play, did you? default_tong.gif Very unfortunate turn of events.

5402543936_e71bdcbfa6_m.jpg Angel (Protector, Sane)

Nicely played. Starting night 1, you came really close to changing the game every night until you died. First, the Rogues tried to convert you, then kill you, and then kill you again, finally successful.

5401943995_01cd4526e7_m.jpg Necromancer - could revive one character through the duration of the game.

Well done, it's too bad your revival was close to no use for Shadows. It seemed like you were suspicious to others, but used logic to convince them otherwise. That and the fact you made it obvious that you had nothing to hide.

5401944075_aab4848a08_m.jpgVanilla

Honestly, you talked way too much. I usually skipped through your long posts. Dedication is good, but when you're repeating yourself over and over, paragraph after paragraph, it gets to be a chore.

5401944167_f75de15ac0_m.jpgVanilla

I was very impressed by the way you lied your way out of being lynched with the Vampire Hunter lie. Very smart, and well-played all around.

5402544244_efb1304740_m.jpg Monk (Mason) - could recruit one person every other night. If Village, the two learned of each other's loyalty. If scum, the monk died, and if neutral, nothing happened. Any monk could have been converted.

Also well played. I should've made your action effective every night to make things more interesting. Good thing to be in Hinck's inner circle.

5401944355_723af0b4c9_m.jpg Thief - could steal or give one item each night.

It's really too bad that you got killed on the first night. I know how that feels. It sounds like you were on your way to becoming a trusted townie though, so good job with that.

5401944399_2246277923_m.jpg Hunter - Main objective was to get silver bullets and kill the werewolf (and survive), but could kill without silver.

Great game. Apparently you decided to side with the Village after the Werewolf was defeated. I suppose I would've like to see more posts.

5401944477_0ea198d957_m.jpg Vanilla, converted to Rogues.

Really quiet for most of the game. That becomes suspicious, you know. Ah well, I suppose you did well for what you were given.

5401944551_ef836446af_m.jpgSeer (Investigator, Insane) - Got opposite results for investigations.

Nicely done. You figured your sanity out pretty quickly (I took a leaf from TinyPies by saying things like "quickly rifled through x's things" to make the sanity a little more obvious).

5402544516_98fc6d1982_m.jpg Vanilla

Would've liked to see a bit more participation from you, but not too bad. You survived, so...

5401944657_98259e1be1_m.jpg Town Drunk - Voteless, but could watch someone to see who targeted them each night.

Great job, you used your role wisely, and were a big help to the Village. It's a shame that you died right before the victory.

5401944713_ff0e053e4b_m.jpg Rogue Tracker - could follow once person each night to see if they had performed a night action.

Very well done, you fought until the end. I know you would've lasted longer if not investigated.

5401944767_83e6ac074a_m.jpg Fear-monger (blocker)

No idea why you would've revealed our action right away, but I guess it smoothed over for the most part. Unfortunately, you happened to pick all vanilla townies to block, but at least you learned that they weren't killers.

5401944833_3bc6b14fc9_m.jpg Blacksmith (Inventor) - Could hand out one of the following: Silver Bullets, Steel Lock Bearings, Metal Chains to one person each night. Could not use the items himself unless gifted from Dragonator, and could not send to the same person twice in a row.

Great game, you were part of the inner circle. You forgot to use your night action one time, but nothing to complain about besides that.

5401944993_3225aa9b54_m.jpg Vanilla

Well played, it's unfortunate that you were killed because of the "everyone has a night action" assumption. Fun fact, your character fig was my favorite.

5401945109_1141d9af46_m.jpg Devil (Protector, Paranoid) - Roleblocked all protectees.

You did well for the time you played, but I don't think anyone ever realized that you were paranoid. This is why Hinckley's night action didn't work on night one--otherwise the wolfsbane would've been lost along with Dragonator.

Oh JimB, you are one twisted son of a gun... :tongue:

You had me going with that ending. :grin: I must be off now, but I shall add more comments soon!

:wink: I wink in Hinck's general direction :wink:

:laugh: Yes yes, I see. So, JimB doesn't know how to copy and paste. :tongue:

I tried making up a lame fake role, but it was to no avail.

Somehow I figured I was cooked when Hinckley approached me saying "I was followed." Oh well...

What's great is you were never followed. :tongue: You had been investigated and Flitwick hadn't approached you, so I did. And I decided to test you by saying you were seen out. I got a great reaction and a lot of info. Don't give things away unless you have to. :tongue: It was actually Rick who pointed out your biggest mistake. You told me you followed def and if he hadn't been killed and a murder took place you would've told me he was the murderer. Rick said "How would he conclude just from one killing and seeing def out at night that he was a killer?" That's a shame Rick got killed. He really did an excellent job supporting the town and strategizing. I really would have loved to see him win. :cry_sad:

Ricecracker accidentally blocked me! Aha! That's why I was unsuccessful. Thanks for the protection Ricey! So, I was protected every night. :laugh: Every night Inky didn't protect me I had iamded's locks on the door. :grin:

Good game, Jimbee, I think you did a nice job putting this one together. I do think it could have potentially been imbalanced in favour of the non-town factions, but early lucky hits by the town made up for that so it never became a problem. Your conclusion dream was amusing as well, I almost believed it for a minute. :wink:

5402543556_cb60129620_m.jpg Seer (Investigator, Sane)

Not your best game, I have to say. You flew under the radar of any scum or suspicious townies for the most part, until Flitwick and Hinckley exposed you. I'm thinking you might've lived if you had been a little more rational.

You think so? Once my role was exposed (despite being told privately that he thought the other investigator might be insane) I knew I was dead, either by the town or the scum. I could have come back every night and they would have just killed me anyway, despite being promised protection by Hinckley. I never stood a chance. It's typical of any game where he and I are on the same side and get involved together early on. Infection, MC2, it's always the same.

Good thing my role ultimately wasn't important since they managed a few lucky hits early on.

Now I have to ask, and if this has been answered elsewhere, sorry. WTH do you use to make your posts? All that unnecessary bbcode in there is perplexing ...

despite being promised protection by Hinckley.

Yes, I fully admit I shouldn't have exposed you so soon. I should've given you a stagename and then talk about it. And you should've been protected. But I'm not the only one making decisions and we all reached the decision to blindside you and not protect you together. I was happy to do so, because it made sense strategically, but just because I was coordinating and reporting doesn't mean I bear the whole brunt of the blame. Only most of it. :tongue:

You were exposed early because, although Rick disagreed, we found it best to blindside you. You're so crafty and I was so scared iamded was leaking to you in IRC. The most disconcerting occurrence was TPRU not coming forward as the Hunter. I thought the Hunter absolutely needed iamded for the game to work and the fact that he didn't contact me made me think you were feeding him lies. Metagaming paranoia, but you were the only person I could imagine being capable of it. Sorry. :blush: That lead me not to trust you already, convoluted as it was and even from day one, Draggy was warning me iamded had told you about his night action. When Flitwick said you were scum, I thought it was only too true. I really think negotiations could've been made to save you that night and we could've caught a killer, but after you called me stupid about 80 times and kept telling me you had my whole game figured out but would tell me how you had me figured after the conclusion, I really had no choice. Obviously, I was wrong so I fully apologize. I'm only telling you what was going through my head and what my inner circle was strategizing when deciding to out you. I'll always feel bad about it, but now you know how it happened. Sorry. I love you. :blush:

Leaving you unprotected: Ahem... Again, sorry. Losing Kovacs screwed you. We decided to keep me and Arjay protected because we were protecting everyone else's night action and Arjay had the Mason role to confirm others for us. We tried a ridiculous gambit to keep you safe by pretending I was unprotected. We leaked it to a few people we were suspicious of that I had no protection. I was asking them if they had a protection action, even a one shot. Unfortunately, none of them were killers. Also, Fugazi can see right through a test and doesn't like being tested. Way to go, Fugazi. :thumbup: But we protected me and had Rick target me to see who came after me. Obviously nobody did. We also made Poo seem like the Messiah with his made-up night action. We didn't need a vampire killer, we could just vote her out, so I tried to make it sound like he was the most important person to win the game for us so the killer would go after him. The Rogues didn't fall for it. The gambit failed. Finally, we thought they'd assume you were protected and not target you. Wishful thinking. It's such a mind game to guess what they're thinking. We guessed wrong and psyched ourselves out. We should've at least had Rick target you to find out the killer. Also, there were a few people still worried you had been converted when you were resurrected. Believe it or not, I defended you. So, there was a quieter yet final theory that if you were scum, they wouldn't kill you anyway and we'd have more suspicion that you'd been turned. And we already had Flitwick and knew how to read his results. In the long run, it saved somebody else whose identity was still being concealed.

I'll never hear the end. I know.

And we won Noir together. So, it doesn't always happen. I love playing with you and I always learn a lot. Thanks. You're a good player and a good friend and I mean both. Plus, you're an awesome admin and an asset to the site. You shall only get such an ego boost when I wrongfully kill you. :laugh: But, it's all true, regardless... I wish we could've won together this time. :cry_sad: So sorry.

Right! Well, this was one heck of a game! :laugh: I had a blast, and was super excited at having such a great night action.

Sometimes iamded forgot to give them out. :hmpf_bad: Seriuously, we thought he had been converted and left him out of our real conversations and constructed a fake one to give him all wrong info.

:grin: It's true, I was busy with other things, and completely forgot to send in a night action. When I came back to EB I saw a PM from Hinck asking why he hadn't received his Lock Bearings. I believe me first thought was, "Oh, shit..." :tongue:

Amy, I didn't receive lock bearings from you last night. Any idea why?

Um. Yes... :look:

I, err, maybe, perhaps, forgot to send in my night action... Sorry.

You've got to be megablocking kidding me. You're an idiot.

I think he took it well. :grin:

So yes, in total, at the end of the game I had 13 private conversations for this Mafia game. I'd love to know how many Hinck had running...

And of course, my role PM.

Iamded

5401944833_3bc6b14fc9_m.jpg

Isaac Knox - Village - Blacksmith

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Isaac Knox. You are the wealthy baron of a large manor left to your name by your ancestors. You live alone, save for the two servants under your employment. The village knows you as a reserved (actually, somewhat insane) hermit who rarely shows his face in public. The truth is, you've had no reason to expose yourself to society, and have kept yourself busy with other activities, including science of human anatomy and chemistry, as well as pursuing your hobby of metalwork.

With your skilled hand at metalwork, you have the ability to choose one of the following objects to give to anyone besides yourself, each night:

- Steel Lock Bearings (allow one to lock their doors tight and protect themselves from harm for one night).

- Metal Chains (allow one to chain another up for one night, to stop them from performing any night actions).

- Silver Bullets (Ammunition that allows the right person to kill the right beast. They will not affect anyone besides the Hunter, but the effects are permanent once you do give them to the Hunter).

You may not select the same person to send an item to two nights in a row. However, you may send any item as often as you desire.

You win when all factions besides the Village have been eradicated.

Good luck, and have fun.

JimButcher

47 Conversations:

The number is the number of posts in the conversation. :laugh:

Werewolf Mafia 2

CallMePie Icon 53

Werewolf Mafia

Admiral Ron Icon 41

Game not over?

Professor Flitwick 1

Werewolf Mafia

Professor Flitwick 101

Werewolf mafia

Inconspicuous Icon 45

Werewolf Mafia Character

JimButcher Icon 82

Hinck's already 40 ??

Rick, Lord Arjay, iamded 72

Night Action

Alopex Icon 52

hmpf

Rufus 55

Night Action

Fugazi 55

Double Voter

WhiteFang Icon 9

Werewolf Mafia 2

Sandy Icon 23

Don't!

Shadows 4

Circle of Trust 2

Lord Arjay, Rick and iamded 74

Werewolf Mafia 2

Professor Flitwick 7

Who knows what 2

Lord Arjay 23

Believe me now?

Eskallon 56

Hinck-Rick 2

Rick 21

Hinck's 21st Birthday Party!

Rick & Lord Arjay (no iamded, we though he’d been converted.)

Werewolf Mafia

CallMePie Hinckley 32

Cleavage Sisters

badboytje88 103

Hinck's Birthday 10

Rick, Lord Arjay 81

Who knows what

Lord Arjay 80

Werewolf Mafia

Sandy 82

Hinck-Rick

Rick 89

You're alive! (Sandy pre-warned me-to be nice-before the day thread)

Shadows 63

Werewolf Mafia: Hunter

TinyPiesRUs 41

Hinck's Birthday 5

Rick Icon & Lord Arjay 86

Werewolf Mafia

WhiteFang 6

Why me?

Quarryman 5

IRC

Rick 7

You are a Night Killer Werewolf (When we first saw him out at night and targeting Eskallon we though he was trying to kill him)

Walter Kovacs 45

I'm a monk?? (After being recruited to the Masons

Lord Arjay 39

Circle of Trust

iamded & Lord Arjay 91

Hinck's Birthday 3

Rick & Lord Arjay 80

Draggy's death and Night Actions (I went to him first since I knew Inky knew I was supposed to protector Dragonator. I thought he would think I was scum since Draggy ended up dead.)

Inconspicuous 84

Werewolf Mafia

Bob the Construction Man 15

IRC

Rick & Lord Arjay 9

Werewolf (Quarryman advising me that killing Shadows was not metagaming)

Quarryman 1

Scum

Shadows 39

Hinck's Birthday 2

Lord Arjay & Rick 87

Answer

Dragonator & Rick 37

Wereslut Mafia

Fugazi 4

The Hunter

Rick, Lord Arjay and iamded 22

Werewolves

Def 25

Hinck's Birthday Party

Rick & Lord Arjay 5

What was suspicious about me more than anyone else? My posting in games is pretty similar whether town or scum at this point, playing it fairly conservative.

Anyway, that's water under the bridge. The real issue was Inky killing me. I thoroughly lied to him during the Prince of Persia mafia, so I can understand him finding me somewhat suspicious. Unfortunately for him, it would have been better for the Werewolves and Rogues to work together, since both sides were needed to slim down towns numbers.

I guess suspicious wasn't the right word in your case. I saw you as a threat. The small logical statements you made in the day threads were beginning to point in my direction. If I remember correctly, you wanted to examine the last people to vote for Zed, one of whom was me. I didn't honestly know you were a Rogue. Take it as a compliment.

I wish I could have worked with the Rogues but I had no way of investigating, so I couldn't find you guys. If Rufus had found me on a kill night, it could have worked though. Bummer.

It was Ignatius Conan. I did it to make it seem like both of the revivals were similar--that's the whole point of having two (one's alliance stays the same, the other doesn't). That puff of smoke thing was my screw-up.

You played excellently, stringing Hinckley and others along with your double action. It's unfortunate that you lost your only teammate right away, but you dealt with it well. Was rooting for you.

I had a funny feeling I was the one who resurrected Beatrice. Glad to see that's confirmed.

Thanks! As we discussed in private, if you hadn't been so specific with the kill-less night, I probably would have lived at least another day. But I'm glad you were rooting for me.

You think so? Once my role was exposed (despite being told privately that he thought the other investigator might be insane) I knew I was dead, either by the town or the scum. I could have come back every night and they would have just killed me anyway, despite being promised protection by Hinckley. I never stood a chance. It's typical of any game where he and I are on the same side and get involved together early on. Infection, MC2, it's always the same.

Of course you didn't play badly, it's just a little bit of bad luck and choices gone wrong. I would've done the same--come forward with my night action to Hinckley. Then again I'm not you so maybe I would've have been metagamed. default_tong.gif

Now I have to ask, and if this has been answered elsewhere, sorry. WTH do you use to make your posts? All that unnecessary bbcode in there is perplexing ...

Must be the Rich Text Editor. It's really nice, but it sometimes messes things up, especially when I can't undo something (color, bold, etc.) and have to write over it.

On another note, I couldn't find that 2x2 trans-red tile on BL either. Taking a closer look, it doesn't say "Lego" anywhere on it, so I'm guessing it's a clone brand. A really good clone brand, since it's got the ridges and everything.

A wonderful game JimBee! I was honored to be a part of it. As for my strategy in this game, it was to stay under the radar, and try not to get convicted. Here is my role:

Archibald Rynne - Village - Warrior

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Archibald Rynne. You are a waiter at the town's Irish restaurant, under the employment of Daniel O'Donnell (Def). You live a simple life, but make an honest living. However, some recent murders in your area worry you. You hope you don't become the next victim, and try to stay out of trouble by minding your own business.

However, you won't leave anything to chance, and keep a knife on you at all times. If you happen to be convicted, you will take down whoever cast the convicting vote for you, with you.

Good luck, and have fun.

JimButcher

Yes, I am the bomb. I am Gallagher.

I cannot remember when I told Hinckley about my role, but I did in order to get some allies in this game. Considering I had no night actions, I could not think of any way to gain allies. And Hinckley, I did not tell a bunch of people about my role YOU told a bunch of people about my role, and apparently tried to get me killed over it. jerk. :hmpf_bad::laugh: Oh well, it was a good game, and I do not think I played it very well, but I will try better next time!

Thanks! As we discussed in private, if you hadn't been so specific with the kill-less night, I probably would have lived at least another day. But I'm glad you were rooting for me.

I have to disagree there. While the sword killer looking for his sword confirmed Alopex's ability, if there had simply been no kill, we still would've started testing the situation by killing you. You were definitely dead. Sorry. :blush:

I'm so impressed by your game play, though. You did so much right. It was the first time I've encountered you and was really impressed.

Strategy Analysis

Let me go overboard with self-importance and give advice to future townies based on what I've learned from playing the last two mafia games. It had been a while since I played and I kind of had to start over with the learning process. I failed miserably with Bloodbrick, but learned so much from the mistakes, I believe that's what led to the victory in Werewolf.

Here are the lesson I learned that may or may not be helpful for future townies who find themselves in a leadership position. And will probably give future scum some good ammo as well. :blush:

1. Trust nobody without reason. And when you get reason, test those reasons again and again and verify even your smallest suspicions. In Bloodbrick, Sandy came to me with the answer to a question she asked Henry. She asked me to spread the word, so I started a group conversation with the people I trusted. I trusted most of the people because they had contacted me saying they trusted me or they had inquired more about my night action. Both of those reason are terrible reason to trust somebody. In Werewolf I was extra suspicious of people who came poking around and those who PMed me just to tell me they trusted me. The mistake I made in Bloodbrick was a real amateur mistake. In Werewolf I went psycho the other way. I constantly tried to catch Rick and Arjay in lies. We shut iamded out of our private convos for a whole game day when he forgot to send in his night action. Hosts like to be fancy. They like to trick you and switch things up. You never know when your night action may produce different results or someone has more than one night action and they conflict. Question and check everything. Dragonator fooled us into trusting him in Bloodbrick through the results of an insane investigator. Verify verify verify. Test the people you trust in the early days if you can and look for scum once you've verified the innocent. Sandy's an awesome player and proved herself again and again in Werewolf and I still wouldn't share any info with her even though I trusted her for the most part. Which leads to:

2. Protect the identities of those who confide in you. I hate to start such an annoying trend, but the plays and pseudonyms help a lot. The loyal townies don't need to know the identities to get the information they need. Keeping those players' names protected is in the best interest of the town's success. The scum didn't even know we had a mason. Inky did, but the Rogues didn't. In Bloodbrick, I blabbed to a group of people I shouldn't have trusted and they got one of our valuable players every night. In Werewolf, Inky had some great luck but he didn't get their identities from me. Protect them from the people you trust too and ask why they want to know if they're being persistent. Shadows and Sandy are type-A dominant leader type players. It killed them that I wouldn't tell them who was who. It made me really suspicious of both of them. They both accepted it eventually and it made me trust them more again but I never forgot that they pressed me for it. And likewise:

3. Don't give anybody any information unless they absolutely need it. This may have hurt the fun for some in Werewolf. I couldn't tell anybody anything unless I was absolutely sure. I found three people to trust: Lord Arjay recruited me in the Masonic Monkhood, iamded had proven himself by trying to give Draggy bullets and Rick's trust came through instinct and night action results and strategy. I kept the three of them separate at first even though I trusted them all. If there was ever any doubt, we'd feed one of them false info. In the meantime, I found a fourth person to trust for them to recruit as a new night action spokesperson in case I was killed. I told them I believed Beatrice would be a good replacement for me if I died. Write everything down. It's so important to keep track of who knows what in every situation. That way when information is revealed to the wrong person, you have a record of who knew that information. Keep track of people's claims and what they're hearing from other players too. If you're trusted, people will come to you every time they hear from another player. It's tedious but the information reveals something, either verification of their innocence or more reason to mistrust them. Test people by giving out false information and see how it gets back to you. It'll reveal who's talking to who and what they're saying. Don't go too far or it will look scummy.

4. When someone contacts you privately, jump on the opportunity to poke around. This one's real simple. You are much more likely to get info from someone who contacts you then if you initiate the contact. Try to make the poking flow smoothly into the conversation. I could feel the difference between the success of telling Inky that Ron was the investigator and the failure of telling Rufus. I forced the info on Rufus where I was able to slip the info into the conversation with Inky. Be smart and careful with this, and keep rule #3 in mind when you do.

5. Remember it's just a coordinating position. Follow your instincts but don't insist you're right. You will be seen as a leader, so make sure you're taking input from those you trust to make decision. You will be asked to start most of the votes on top of revealing the night action results, so if you get it wrong, people will blame you. Protect yourself from this by listening to those you trust and taking into consideration what they want. Even those in the outside circle need to see their tactics put in place. You can't win it alone. Remember it's a team effort. Try to verify even the crazies theories that you can come up with. Sandy didn't believe me when I told her I thought the ex-werewolf bodyguard was scum. I tried to back off in case she had been recruited somehow and she did the smartest thing. She said you can never dismiss a theory until you test it. It made me trust her more and she's absolutely right. I would've tested it anyway, but it was such a smart move on her part.

6. For non-leaders, contribute by searching, strategizing and questioning and testing your leadership. By no means should you sit back and let somebody lead. It's too easy to be played that way. Use whatever you have at your disposal to verify those leading the action. Contact them and make sure they're listening to you and being consistent. Keep in contact with others you trust and make sure you test the leadership together. All people and information should be tested by every player. Sometimes you have to add it up by instinct, some times through night actions. Go through the same steps as the leader to verify him or her.

I hope this helps in the future. It certainly explains how we played Werewolf...and how we lost Bloodbrick. :blush:

And it's only advice and should be taken with a grain of salt. Following these rules could most likely get you killed. As a matter of fact, I do wonder how I'll ever play scum again. I don't think the past leaders need to be the leaders every time, but people can't help but look to them. People looked at me again in this even after the colossal failure in Bloodbrick. I did help lead to the successful of the werewolf on the first day... :blush: Well, if I do play town again, I'll probably be night killed in the first day or two. :laugh:

I had a blast, such a blast with this game, Jim. Thanks so much and thanks to all the players too. It was really nice to win after Bloodbrick. I take these games way too seriously. :laugh: I really do. :look:

Sign in to follow this