Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Werewolf Mafia: Conclusion

Well, you certainly had me fooled! I was planning on killing Ron if I hadn't been neutralized. Before you told me Ron was the investigator, I had actually constructed a chart and used logic to determined that Ron was the bomb and Flitwick was the investigator. However, when you told me otherwise, I didn't know that you would lie to me, so I was confused.

I'm just glad that somebody recognized my genius! :grin::tongue:

So, Hink.... whens Forest Mafia? :tongue:

Not to throw Lord Arjay under the bus, but you were his choice. :tongue:

Yes, killing you was my idea. Sorry about that. :blush:

Anyway, we won! Yay! :sweet:

Lord Arjay

Welcome to Werewolf Mafia! Before you begin game play, please make sure that you have read up on rules (there have been rules added and changed to the traditional Eurobrick's mafia rules).

Your character is as follows:

5402544244_efb1304740_m.jpg

Arianna Jacques - Village - Head Monk

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Arianna Jacques. You are a young woman living in the town of Blackwood. You occasionally do odd jobs for other village folk for income, but no one really knows much else about you.

However, one secret you hold is that you are a member of a secret society spanning across England, and your job, as a Head Monk, is to seek out other good people and have them join your group. Every other night, starting on night 1, you can target one person to join you as a monk. But beware: if you select an evil-doer, they will realize who you are and kill you on sight. If you have successfully converted someone into your group, you know that they are a Villager.

You win when all factions besides the Village are eradicated.

It was probably obvious that I was Gojira and if it wasn't then I'm pretty sure most people found out by the end anyway. I had great fun trying to figure this game out with my fellow masons (and Rick) and I'm glad I was correct about some things. Can't say I wasn't horribly wrong about more though. I only ever managed to recruit Hinckley and iamded as Walter died before I could get to him, so my night action wasn't very useful for much apart from getting me trusted. If I was more willing to take risks then it may have been much more valuable.. or caused my death.

Great job to Inky, that lie about your role was brilliant. You were definitely fighting a losing cause once Zepher was exposed (another thing I was initially wrong about) though we - or maybe just me - weren't really considering you as a suspect until the vampire thing.

Thanks for hosting this JimB, I'll have more things to add later. :thumbup:

Arjay, from what I read in your role, you could have targeted TinyPiesRUs (as you intended before switching to Kovacs) or me without dying. I don't think neutrals were evil-doers. But I probably wouldn't have risked it myself either and only JimB knows definitively.

Well, you certainly had me fooled! I was planning on killing Ron if I hadn't been neutralized. Before you told me Ron was the investigator, I had actually constructed a chart and used logic to determined that Ron was the bomb and Flitwick was the investigator. However, when you told me otherwise, I didn't know that you would lie to me, so I was confused.

Good to know I had you trusting me too. :wink:

So, Hink.... whens Forest Mafia? :tongue:

I don't want to steal the thunder from the conclusion of this wonderful Mafia game, so I'll post a sign-up tomorrow.

I only ever managed to recruit Hinckley and iamded as Walter died before I could get to him, so my night action wasn't very useful for much apart from getting me trusted. If I was more willing to take risks then it may have been much more valuable.. or caused my death.

You did fine with your night action. After Bloodbrick, I never ever would've trusted you had the host himself not told me you were a villager. :laugh:

I have to congratulate you JB your game was one of the best I have seen in a while. I have followed throughout and have really been excited to read each day. I also wish to congratulate all the winners in a game well played.

I hope to see another game from you soon. :thumbup:

I would love to post all the PMs from behind the scenes, but it was epic this time, even moreso than Bloodbrick. :look:

Here's my favorite PM from Night 5 or whenever we lynched Beatrice:

(I'm talking to Rick about Inconspicuous, who we referred to as Inky so we didn't have to spell Inconspicuous over and over again. We were considering telling him someone had been given a kill action. Later I asked Poo, Flitwick, Fugazi and Ron to start pressuring me about the ex-werewolf bodyguard. We knew a day in advance that Inky would be blocked...or we were hoping...)

He's been real curious about the bomb. I'll just tell him it's you.

As far as the new killer goes, I almost think it'd be better to tell him that Ron is Gary Coleman. :laugh: I'll tell him to protect Ron because he's Gary Coleman. Then I'll say, "No, protect me. Nobody knows Ron is Gary Coleman."

:wacko: What? Am I overthinking this?

I can just say "Ron was going to investigate you but I told him it would be a waste of time." (Which I ended up doing.)

Then I can edit it out and put "Gary Coleman" after I know he's read it. :laugh:

EDIT: Wait wait wait. This is the best one: Why don't I post this in my conversation with Inky:

If we can somehow trick WhiteFang into killing Rick, then they'll both explode. Unless Rick is making up the story about the bomb so we leave him alone.

Ron wanted to investigate Inky, but I told him it was a waste of time. Can we tell Ron to investigate Rick? :laugh: He's starting to annoy me. :tongue:

And then say "Oops. Wrong conversation. Sorry..." And I'll edit out all the names to codenames.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And then my manipulative messages to Inky once I knew it was him. Again, Alopex had told us on Day 6 that Inky would be blocked:

These people are ducked in the head. I've never played a mafia game where there are players with more than one night action. And JimB can be such a tard. He did you a huge disservice by leaving you out of the picture. Do you know what that means? Usually missing people have night actions.

I'm not giving up your identity to them. Don't worry.

Calling the host a tard was a tactical move at this point. The host is not, in fact, retarded. I thought Inky had been left out of the picture to clue us in that he was the killer. I was trying to keep Inky convinced that I believed him. I was pretending to believe that Jim had made a mistake. I was actually surprised when Jim told us it was a mistake. :laugh:

Could you protect Lord Arjay tonight please?

I'm worried for you tonight. Ron and Fugazi are really looking into the "ex werewolf-bodyguard." They keep asking me about you. I don't see why they are so fixated since you just can't have two night actions. :hmpf: If they are Rogues or the sword killer they'll be coming after you. I wish we had any protection left for you. :cry_sad:

Arjay is my closest ally. He trusts me and I've convinced him behind the scenes that you are on the level. We didn't post that in the thread because the less the Rogues suspect we are working together, the less likely they are to go after him. But, I'm afraid it's a little too obvious, so I think they will be going after him tonight. Thanks for trusting me :sweet: He is the right one to protect.

Watch, they end up going after me the one night I'm not protected. :cry_sad: I doubt they will come after me. I've told most of them I can't be killed at night. I think the word got around. :thumbup:

Oh my God, it would be so hilarious if Fugazi was targeted by the sword killer! He's the bomb. :laugh: That would make them both disintegrate and the game would be over. :thumbup:

:cry_happy: Oh, I'd love the game to end that way.

I forget why we decided Fugazi should be protected. Perhaps she was the next most obvious Villager outside the ones I already told him to protect...

And the nail in Ron's coffin, hoping they would both explode:

I think Sandy is on the level. I have the same target for sword killer: Either Alopex or Flitwick.

I'm having Ron investigate Alopex tonight, but he may investigate you despite me. :sceptic: He just seems squirrely at this point. He's kind of hard to manage. Not to say I'm managing the game, but he kind of does what he wants to.

Sorry, Ron. You can't tell a group of guys that you explode and not expect them to try and light your fuse. Everyone I told that we had a bomb wanted it to be detonated. Blame testosterone. :blush:

*huh* Argh, JimB you almost gave me a heart attack! Never ever do that again! :angry::tongue:

I almost believed that Inconspicuous had some special condition that would make him win if he was lynched!

And I was very disappointed to die without the privilege of lying in a pool of the exclusive 2x2 trans-red tile blood that you've been flaunting since the start of the game! :laugh::tongue:

Anyway, thanks for letting me play in this absolutely entertaining game, it was great fun! :thumbup:

Congrats to all the players! I think it's obvious that the town did so well thanks to Hinckley who managed to gain the trust of all and coordinated the town actions. Well done!

So this was my role:

5402544516_98fc6d1982_m.jpg

Fiona Gates - Village

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Fiona Gates. You are a long-time servant of the wealthy baron of a large manor, and you serve him daily for a fair amount of pay. You also sleep in one of the manor's rooms. Many people look at your patched eye with discomfort, but you actually have both of your eyes which are perfectly fine, you just don't like to be looked at as a helpless woman, as society has labeled your gender. So you show your toughness with your "battle scar".

You have no night actions.

Awesome game everyone, I am looking forward to seeing all the roles etc. I have to run and catch a train, so I'll have more to say later.

I was the thief, so I could steal items. I am curious about what items there were out there that I could steal.

I forget why we decided Fugazi should be protected. Perhaps she was the next most obvious Villager outside the ones I already told him to protect...

And the nail in Ron's coffin, hoping they would both explode:

You told me you told Inky I was the bomb in order to protect me! :hmpf_bad:

Will we get an opinion on how we played, JimButcher? Although I already know that I wasn't the best... :sceptic:

I will do so shortly. default_blink.gif

Actually, I kept a printout of all the characters on my desk and wrote notes by their names. This is the first time I've done that, and in this game of stage names it really helped. Actually, I think the stage names backfired a little. A few days before the end, I matched everyone's name to a role and set up a kill-list. But even if I had lived, Harriet's lying would have screwed that up.

Now that's dedication. I'm honored. default_laugh_new.gif

Arjay, from what I read in your role, you could have targeted TinyPiesRUs (as you intended before switching to Kovacs) or me without dying. I don't think neutrals were evil-doers. But I probably wouldn't have risked it myself either and only JimB knows definitively.

That's right, if Arjay had targeted a Neutral, nothing would've happened. Neutrals were also ignored for everyone else's win conditions and could not be converted.

And I was very disappointed to die without the privilege of lying in a pool of the exclusive 2x2 trans-red tile blood that you've been flaunting since the start of the game! :laugh::tongue:

Hehe, glad you liked that part. I don't even know where that piece is from, I just gathered all of my trans-red red pieces in a little bowl next to the set, and the 2x2 trans-red tile was a perfect fit for a pool of blood.

Great game JimB, thanks for letting me play. :thumbup:

And you townies did a great job (except for killing me :grin: ). Out of seven convictions you had 5 scum, that's a great ratio. And you did a good job on killing the only werewolf on day 1, although I must say, I didn't really belive in your agrumnets when I voted :blush:.

Besides that I don't have much to share, except for my role PM:

Peanuts

Welcome to Werewolf Mafia! Before you begin game play, please make sure that you have read up on rules (there have been rules added and changed to the traditional Eurobrick's mafia rules).

Your character is as follows:

5401944993_3225aa9b54_m.jpg

Phillip Peers - Village

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Phillip Peers. You are a detective, and are Raleigh Clifton's (Ricecracker) right hand man. You've been called from out of town and you are now leaving London with your partner to help solve a recent case of unusual murders. The victims seem to have been bitten by a large animal, but have displayed very unusual psychical traits after death, including increases in teeth size , as well as mats of hair growing on all regions of the bodies and shedding after death. You must apprehend this criminal.

You have no night actions.

Please use the included character picture as your avatar (or include it in your signature) for the duration of the game. You must also include your character name in your sig.

Please confirm your participation in the Discussion and Confirmation thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding your role, otherwise ask any general questions in the Discussion thread.

Good luck, and have fun.

JimButcher

And I realized a small fun fact: When Bloodbricks Asylum started, I had just read a book with an asylum, a werewolf and a forest in it. I think that's a omen...that I should play in forest mafia! :sweet:

You told me you told Inky I was the bomb in order to protect me! :hmpf_bad:

I told somebody you were the bomb. There were a lot of names being thrown around. Sorry. :blush:

We dropped different names with different killer suspects and then we'd decpiher by who was dead which one had been the killer. :wacko:

Look, tactics went batty towards the end when we were coming up with an endgame because we could hardly convince ourselves that Inky would be able to kill us and protect us. *huh*

...we could hardly convince ourselves that Inky would be able to kill us and protect us. *huh*

Told you! :wink:

Awesome game everyone, I am looking forward to seeing all the roles etc. I have to run and catch a train, so I'll have more to say later.

I was the thief, so I could steal items. I am curious about what items there were out there that I could steal.

You could steal:

Wolfsbane from Hinckley (even if he gave out his two allotted sprigs already).

Wolfsbane from the people who Hinckley gave it to.

Silver Bullets, Steel Lock Bearings, or Iron Chains from iamded (depending on which of the three he sent out during said night).

Silver Bullets, Steel Lock Bearings, or Iron Chains from anyone who had received them, but hadn't used them yet.

Told you! :wink:

When Jim posted that Beatrice was aligned with the werewolves, almost every player PMed me and said "Who's the bodyguard?" :laugh:

Rufus and Sandy were dubious. Rufus was concentrated on his own survival and Sandy wouldn't let me dismiss the thought. It was awesome. She said "Don't dismiss the possibility until you've investigated it. It's the only way we'll know." It was funny that she was insisting I figure it out even though she didn't believe it herself. :laugh:

And then my manipulative messages to Inky once I knew it was him. Again, Alopex had told us on Day 6 that Inky would be blocked:

Sorry, Ron. You can't tell a group of guys that you explode and not expect them to try and light your fuse. Everyone I told that we had a bomb wanted it to be detonated. Blame testosterone. :blush:

I admit, it was quite effective. :thumbup: But at that point it didn't really matter. I really wish I had died by blowing up. I've always said it, I want to go out with a bang.

Now that's dedication. I'm honored.

I think I'm going to keep doing it in the future. It wasn't all that useful, but I think it can be if it's done right.

Hehe, glad you liked that part. I don't even know where that piece is from, I just gathered all of my trans-red red pieces in a little bowl next to the set, and the 2x2 trans-red tile was a perfect fit for a pool of blood.

I was wondering the whole time, where on earth did you get that trans 2x2 tile? :wacko: I don't think it's even in Bricklink Catalog. But I did like some of blood effects you got. Some deaths were very cinematic.

Actually, I kept a printout of all the characters on my desk and wrote notes by their names. This is the first time I've done that, and in this game of stage names it really helped. Actually, I think the stage names backfired a little. A few days before the end, I matched everyone's name to a role and set up a kill-list. But even if I had lived, Harriet's lying would have screwed that up.

I had everyone on an Excel spreadsheet. It didn't really help! :laugh:

In hindsight, it should have been really obvious that Prof Flitwick was Gary Coleman, but I convinced myself otherwise. Had I guessed right, it might have prolonged the game for a day or so, but it wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Have we done so well in getting Zed on the first day, that the werewolf is eradicated and can't build a larger army? Have we strengthened ourselves by ridding ourselves of Zed on the first day and are now ridiculously powerful against whatever evil is still out there?

:thumbup:

I don't want to steal the thunder from the conclusion of this wonderful Mafia game, so I'll post a sign-up tomorrow.

Aw, c'mon, there's enough thunder to go around! :tongue:

You could steal:

Wolfsbane from Hinckley (even if he gave out his two allotted sprigs already).

Wolfsbane from the people who Hinckley gave it to.

Silver Bullets, Steel Lock Bearings, or Iron Chains from iamded (depending on which of the three he sent out during said night).

Silver Bullets, Steel Lock Bearings, or Iron Chains from anyone who had received them, but hadn't used them yet.

Wait... what? What were the bearings and chains used for?

Protection or blocking. As far as I understood it, iamded could produce one item per night which could be used by the target as of the next night.

Lock bearings protected the person for one night.

Chains blocked someone for one night.

Thus the chain you saw iamded throw at Inky in the dream sequence.

If iamded gave you a lock bearing you couldn't use it that night. You had to choose when to use it. It strengthened your door so nobody could get in. Same with the chain, the person it was given to could use it to block something after they got it.

Sometimes iamded forgot to give them out. :hmpf_bad: Seriuously, we thought he had been converted and left him out of our real conversations and constructed a fake one to give him all wrong info.

Idiot. :tongue:

We never said anything about the locks or chains so the killers wouldn't go after him. Sandy almost gave him away but it got glossed over by other conversations, luckily.

Wow, what a fantastic Mafia game! :laugh: Thank you, JimB, for hosting it! :thumbup:

As I'd already stated in the Confirmation and Discussion thread a couple days ago, I had a lot of fun trying to figure who was who.

After Quarryman was lynched, I thought that the last Rouge was either Rufus or Whitefang; I thought the sword killer was either Alopex or Admiral Ron, and I thought "Gary Coleman" was either Rick, Inky, or Eskallon. :laugh:

Edited by Captain Tamamono

Can we hear more about the Rouges? Were there four to begin with? Were they converting new killers? Who killed who? Was Zepher going to be able to convert others to werewolves?

Oh, by the way, Zepher: Redemption :grin:

There were two things I was wondering about:

1) If me, Fugazi and iamded were to die, ho would've killed and determined the lynched?

2) What were your plans for Quarrymans return in a Rogue/Rogue/Werewolf conclusion?

Can we hear more about the Rouges. Were there four to begin with? Were they converting new killers? Who killed who? Was Zepher going to be able to convert other to werewolves?

Neither the Rogues nor the Werewolves could be converted. The Rogues started out with Def (Killer), Bob TCM (Turner - one time use), and Rufus (tracker). Bob tried to convert Walter Kovacs, but it was unsuccessful as I wasn't going to allow protectors to be converted. He later converted Quarryman, a vanilla townie. I suppose I should've given the Rogues at least one more conversion, to make them more even with the Werewolves.

Yes, Zepher could also convert, but only once every three nights. And if Beatrice came back as a Vampire, she would take over the conversions after Zepher died, still every three nights.

1) If me, Fugazi and iamded were to die, ho would've killed and determined the lynched?

2) What were your plans for Quarrymans return in a Rogue/Rogue/Werewolf conclusion?

1. No one. I made up the deaths as I went, so if all three of you were dead, lynchees would probably get the regular mob treatment death (cornered by the angry mob, are killed somehow).

2. There wasn't any. I thought the conclusion up the night before. Quinn Synclair survived for two reasons; one for being "underage", and the other... well, perhaps this isn't the last you'll see of Quinn Synclair. default_blink.gif

Next post will have player opinions from me (how I thought you did).

Sign in to follow this