Sign in to follow this  
KimT

2012 Box Design Just Revealed

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

As grogall pointed out in the 2011 Picture and Rumor topic, starwars.com has just revealed the design for Star Wars sets in 2012.

SW12_Blister_Render_sm.jpg

SW12_Box_Render_sm.jpg

maul_sm.jpg

Full article on starwars.com

Ok thanks! wasn't sure if I should start a new topic for 2012 so soon? *huh*:devil:

So the 3D releases are gonna have an impact. I'm expecting to see even more Episode One sets. We've already got the new pods, Sith Infiltrator, Battle of Naboo...maybe a new Gian speeder or even the Nubian.

Wait, wait, wait. These don't even look Lego. Look, one of them looks like an Obi-Wan Kenobi action figure box. There's not even a Lego logo... :sceptic:

It's not Lego. :laugh:

I just read the article, it mentions Lego in the first paragraph, but that's it. These are for the Hasbro figure stuff. :tongue:

Ok thanks! wasn't sure if I should start a new topic for 2012 so soon? *huh*:devil:

No problemo.

This really isn't 2012 stuff, so let's just give it a topic of it's own instead :grin:

So the 3D releases are gonna have an impact. I'm expecting to see even more Episode One sets. We've already got the new pods, Sith Infiltrator, Battle of Naboo...maybe a new Gian speeder or even the Nubian.

Wait, wait, wait. These don't even look Lego. Look, one of them looks like an Obi-Wan Kenobi action figure box. There's not even a Lego logo... :sceptic:

I just read the article, it mentions Lego in the first paragraph, but that's it. These are for the Hasbro figure stuff. :tongue:

And for LEGO as well.

Everyone with a license use the same base box design.

Go to your toy store and compare Hasbro and LEGO Star Wars Toys and you'll see what I mean.

If this is the 2012 for Hasbro, then it's the same for LEGO.

And for LEGO as well.

Everyone with a license use the same base box design.

Go to your toy store and compare Hasbro and LEGO Star Wars Toys and you'll see what I mean.

If this is the 2012 for Hasbro, then it's the same for LEGO.

Oh. Well, these box designs still aren't exactly Lego. But yea, I see what you mean now.

They're okay. I prefer the Rex ones.

As I've said before, I love this one. I'm hoping that either for the 3D release or the 10th anniversary next year- which seems to be overwhelmed by PM- that we get some new AotC sets. We haven't had a decent one since the first wave.

As I've said before, I love this one. I'm hoping that either for the 3D release or the 10th anniversary next year- which seems to be overwhelmed by PM- that we get some new AotC sets. We haven't had a decent one since the first wave.

I think you meant to say we have not had one SINCE the first wave of it :thumbdown:

And I do not count the Hailfire droid set... It is not AotC-ish it is set out the same time as Anakins JSF so I don't count it

Maybe this will help!

lego_sw_2012.jpg

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Nice, but I still prefer the Rex logo. This just looks too bland, compared to the detailed clouds on the rex one. Maybe its not finalized?

And, this is really making me eager about the 2012 sets :tongue:

Does anyone know when we get rumours for them? I was lurking the forum since around this time last year, but I can't remember when we got news of the sets.

Also, I'm really hoping this does mean more TPM sets, and AOTC in the near future. Maybe even Phase II clones come ROTS in 3-d? :wub:

It'll be a while before we learn anything about 2012 sets - we've just confirmed the summer 2011 wave.

Easy now :laugh:

It'll be a while before we learn anything about 2012 sets - we've just confirmed the summer 2011 wave.

Easy now :laugh:

:tongue::laugh: I know, I'm just impatient :blush:

By the way, I read the full article, and it looks like the background is going to be that "Power Generator". Sounds pretty good to me, I guess.

Also I don't know if this has been confirmed before, but in the article, the guy says that Savage Opress does indeed see Darth Maul in the crystal ball.

Edited by brickbuilder

Also I don't know if this has been confirmed before, but in the article, the guy says that Savage Opress does indeed see Darth Maul in the crystal ball.

I wouldn't take that as confirmation- the guy's a graphic designer, not Dave Filoni.

I thought the same thing when I saw them. Especially the Obi box...it doesn't have the right shape.

All it says is that he goes on a quest to find Maul, nothing about actually finding him alive (though going on a quest for a dead person would be kinda boring...so maybe he'll have to be alive for that to work out...) Also, The Legonator has a point, he's just a graphics designer though he obviously has to know what's coming next year to make a box design that works, so I suppose that it's possible that he's seen clips, but I've no idea.

Terrible. I hate it that LSW became a part of the generic franchise system. I like what Lucas did, but he is overdoing with the godfather-like stubborn over-control of merchandise. He learned too much of Coppola, the other weird control-freak.

I liked the 1999-2001 and 10th anniversary boxes, nothing else.

I don't mind the SW box art for 2012, at least they didn't choose Jar Jar ! :laugh:

We can all sit back and now head scratch what sets will come out to support the 3-D releases of PT and OT films. :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Very nice find grogall and KimT, it's nice to finally see a new boxart for the 2012 sets. I prefer the blue Rex one better, but this Maul one ain't that bad and just perfect timing for the 3D release of TPM on 2012.

Scratch scratch, scratch, I want a UCS Landing craft, a new MTT, a tan AAT, and a re-release of - wait, aww man this isn't the Future star wars sets topic :sad::tongue:

But yeah, those boxes are obviously hasbro toys. As KimT reminded me a page back ( :sad: ), we shouldnt be getting news of 2012 sets for a long time now.

You said decent which means we had one so I win default_tong.gif

I take your win and I raise you 1 default_blink.gifdefault_laugh_new.gif

Now let's get back on topic.

I don't mind the 2012 Box Design. Their decision to use Darth Maul makes sense as he was the main adversary of the Jedi in Episode I.

Edited by j30spiff