Sariel

17 motors & 19 metres of wires in a single MOC

Amazing! Love the fact that it's jammed to the brim with functions. Gotta love that light bar :wub: Also hat-tip for your awesome production values with your photos and videos, just love them.

I like your humorous Bumper Stickers about the "Wiener Dogs" and cats. :laugh: One sees similar bumper stickers on cross-country trucks plying the U.S. Interstate system. Thanks for sharing your MOCs! :thumbup::classic:

dsc00868.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Your best creation so far.

Look and functions well mixed together.

I have been following this build on a Facebook, and I know from my own experience how hard building this complex model can be.

Congratulations!

You wrote in the description that the scale of the model is 1:12.5

Is something wrong with that?

Edited by Milan

You wrote in the description that the scale of the model is 1:12.5

Is something wrong with that?

No, it is 1:12.5

great work sariel

two questions

dsc00825.jpg

this transclear gearbox, in which set does it appears?

your double rope winch. Could you winch the ropes seperately, or both ropes only at the same time?

Edited by efferman

No, it is 1:12.5

Width of your truck (body) is 18 studs wide, right?

18 studs = 14.4cm

14.4cm x 12.5 = 180cm

Width of the real truck (body) is just 180cm wide?

@efferman

Only both ropes at the same time, as there was no space for any sort of a distribution mechanism between the drums.

@Milan

You're right, for some reason I forgot the width of my model's body :) The real truck is 2.4m wide, which means that the model is at nearly 1:17 scale (1:16.66 to be specific). My mistake.

Edited by Sariel

how much load can the crane/turntable handle?

Not much, since the boom itself is pretty heavy, but it can handle at least 100g of load, with boom fully extended.

@blueShinyApple

Just a couple of hours. But the good thing is that the batteries handle it all without shutting down, like they sometimes do under excessive load.

Great piece of work Sariel! Amazing how you filled up the chassis with motors!

May be I wasn't looking at the pics close enough, but do you run both XL-Motors from the same IR-Port? Or do you have two receivers that are actually on the same "channel". I thought that the IR receivers will not pass that much current that they power two XL under (heavy?) load. So may be running one XL on one port provides (theoretically) more power?

I love the light bar! the unsynchronised flashing is a real eye-candy!

How many 8265 did loose their mini-LAs there? :laugh:

Super model and nice chrome shine!

There are 5 mini-LAs altogether. I got them from a single 8265 set and from some Bricklink shopping.

Both XL motors are powered from the same outlet, so they don't, in fact, operate at their full power, but they're still sufficient and it makes the electric system less complex (weird as it sounds in case of this MOC ;)).

Edited by Sariel

Very nice truck,I love lots of functions too,how did u make the light bar?what's bulbs did u use?

If you kindly follow the link to the full description, you will even find Bricklink links for these parts.

As I already wrote on YouTube. This is probably the best LEGO RC Towtruck I have ever seen. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: