LXF file

-Bricks 2452 substituted by brick 3023

-Wrong Minifig decoration

-Stickers Missing

Edited by Giovanne

10185 Green Grocer, Theme: Modular Buildings -duplicate-

Here is my attempt.

10185_green_grocer.lxf

I saw Johnnhiszippy3 made this before with several missing parts in LDD3. I was busy with these before I saw his creation and I am really impressed by his work. I mainly made this to see how my own models would look like with possible next MOC's, but still wanted it to be as accurate as possible.

But this model is complete, as far as I can tell. I used my own instructions, but still had to check occasionally with my real built set for the colours. It took some effort to put some of the pieces in place, as you can see especially the bins have some fruit repellent characteristics.

Also the printing on the torsos is missing with some of the minifigs.

The only thing that I doubt is the choice of colour for the parts: radiator grille 1x2. I used 150 metallic light grey, but I am not convinced, nor satisfied. Anyone has a better suggestion or is their another topic for that? (I also tried 131 silver but have the same doubts about that colour)

Furthermore I used the groups function in LDD. All floors are seperate groups.

The radiator grille should actually be color 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered, which is not available by default in LDD LEGO Universe mode. You can get it by downloading a file that contains it and using the eyedropper tool-- here is where I traditionally plug my complete LDD color chart as a good source for this sort of color. 150 Metallic Light Grey is a color you'll probably never end up needing on LDD: it corresponds to the obscure Bricklink color Pearl Very Light Gray.

Metallic colors can be awkward on LDD, especially because Bricklink often conflates two or more different colors under the same name (Copper is perhaps the most egregious offender here). Experience is often the best teacher in these cases-- specifically, learning the timelines and the physical appearance of each metallic color you're likely to end up using. In the meantime, the color reference on Superkalle's LDD Manager is a useful tool that's a lot more complete in many cases than any chart you'll find online. And naturally, anytime you're particularly unsure about a color you can ask me-- I've been studying LEGO colors since before I got into LDD, and since back then my focus was on the colors in BIONICLE (a theme that used a lot of metallic colors), I know at least a bit about both the mainstream and the obscure metallics.

6569 - Polar Explorer

Year - 2000

Theme - Arctic

LXF file

-Bricks 2452 substituted by brick 3023

-Wrong Minifig decoration

-Stickers Missing

A few errors: specifically, the ice boulder should be Transparent Light Blue rather than Transparent Blue, and the scorpion and 1x1 cone should both be Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange (appears in the Transparent Red category, which is quite confusing) rather than Transparent Bright Orange. I only know this because I have this set myself. Arctic sets were a bit <insert that tiresome argument>, but it was still a really fun and attractive theme.

The radiator grille should actually be color 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered, which is not available by default in LDD LEGO Universe mode. You can get it by downloading a file that contains it and using the eyedropper tool-- here is where I traditionally plug my complete LDD color chart as a good source for this sort of color. 150 Metallic Light Grey is a color you'll probably never end up needing on LDD: it corresponds to the obscure Bricklink color Pearl Very Light Gray.

Thanks a lot. I updated my file.

I knew about the LDD color chart, but still it is hard with these metallic colors and Bricklink is indeed very inconsistent about these.

7286 - Prison Transport

Year - 2011

Theme - City

279_-_lddscreenshot1.png

LXF File

-Stickers missing

-Updated in April 07, 2011 with LDD4.1

Edited by Giovanne

Theme: City

Set name: Police Minifigure Collection

Set Number: 7279

Year: 2011

7279.png

LFX file

Errors: Missing some printings, new bag piece have been replaced by piece 4523. The ball cap replaced whit brick 4485. Couldnt find it in the LDD palette. Tires are still wrong and the buggy cop is missing his back printing.

Captain Becker

EDIT: Fixed the picture and the lfx file

EDIT 2: Fixed some colour errors and LFX file.

Edited by Captain Becker

The tires do exist.

Oh yes the do, sorry about that. Didnt noticed them when i did the set. LFX file and the picture updated!

And another small City set :blush:

Set name: Police Helicopter (Polybag)

Set number:30014

Year:2011

30014.png

LFX file

Errors: The face printing has been replaced and i think there isnt anything else, but if is, let me know :classic: Thanks

Captain Becker

EDIT: Fixed some colour errors.

Edited by Captain Becker

Brickshelf's galleries need even days to have public access.

It would be better if you provide a direct link to the lxf file, so that it would be immediately available. :classic:

Year: 2011

LFX file

Errors: Missing some printings, new bag piece have been replaced by piece 4523.

Captain Becker

EDIT: Fixed the picture and the lfx file

You've got a few errors going on there:

• The dog should be 312 Medium Nougat (Medium Dark Flesh), not 209 Dark Curry. You should probably never need to use Dark Curry-- even I'm not sure what it was ever used for. It's certainly not a current color.
  • The sack (even if it's a placeholder piece) should be 138 Sand Yellow (Dark Tan), not 5 Brick Yellow (Tan)
  • The tires should be brick 87697, not brick 6015. But don't worry, this only applies to 2011 sets (as far as I know). Other sets with tires this size will use brick 6015.
  • All Light Bluish Gray parts should be 194 Medium Stone Grey, not 208 Light Stone Grey (Very Light Bluish Gray).
  • The ball cap should be brick 86035, not brick 4485. 86035 is the newer style of ball cap, even though on LDD they're pretty much identical.
  • The wheel well/mudguard in the back of the buggy should be brick 60212, not brick 3788. Here there is an obvious physical difference. It's usually a good idea when building a set on LDD to have both the instructions and the Bricklink inventory open at all times.
  • Finally, it may surprise you that the printing for the 1x2 "POLICE" tile on the buggy actually is available on LDD, as is the back printing for the police officer in the buggy. However, you can't add it using the decoration tool. Not your fault, since I hadn't yet added both to my decorations file, but from here on out you can count on all decorations available on LDD to appear in my LDD Decorations file here (you may have to scroll down a little bit, or download direct from Brickshelf).

Oh yes the do, sorry about that. Didnt noticed them when i did the set. LFX file and the picture updated!

And another small City set :blush:

Set name: Police Helicopter (Polybag)

Set number:30014

Year:2011

LFX file

Errors: The face printing has been replaced and i think there isnt anything else, but if is, let me know :classic: Thanks

Captain Becker

The pin on this one should be 194 Medium Stone Grey, not 2 Grey. The 1x1 round plate on the camera should also be 44 Transparent Yellow, not 234 Transparent Fire Yellow. Transparent Fire Yellow is an obscure color used primarily in Clikits-- Bricklink does not recognize a difference between it and Transparent Yellow, but there is a visible distinction (Bricklink makes this sort of mistake with a lot of Clikits colors).

Other than that, this one seems to be free of color errors. Since this is a 2011 set, the officer in it may be supposed to have back printing, but since there's no Bricklink inventory quite yet I can't be sure. Best to check the Bricklink inventory periodically for updates so you know for certain which version of the torso he uses-- with or without back printing.

Always glad to check an LDD model for errors!

They're not exactly major sets, but they're sets nonetheless.

Some more to add to the Star Wars theme:

3340 Star Wars #1 - Sith Minifig Pack (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episode 1)

LXF File

star_wars_minifig_pack_sith.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 4142686pb1, 4142686pb2 and 4142686pb3

Replaced part 30566 with brick-built solution

Incorrect/missing prints

3341 Star Wars #2 - Luke/Han/Boba Minifig Pack (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

star_wars_minifig_pack_lukehanboba.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 4142687pb1, 4142687pb2 and 4142687pb3

Incorrect/missing prints

3342 Star Wars #3 - Troopers/Chewie Minifig Pack (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

star_wars_minifig_pack_trooperschewie.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 4142688pb1, 4142688pb2 and 4142688pb3

Incorrect/missing prints

3343 Star Wars #4 - Battle Droid Minifig Pack (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episode 1)

LXF File

star_wars_minifig_pack_battledroid.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 4142689pb1, 4142689pb2 and 4142689pb3

Missing prints

Edited by ADHO15

And some more sort-of-sets from the Star Wars theme: the magnets!

851939 Star Wars Magnet Set: Stormtrooper, Y-wing Pilot And AT-ST Driver (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

stormtrooper_ywing_pilot_and_atst_driver_01.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

852085 Star Wars Magnet Set: Boba Fett, Leia And Royal Guard (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

boba_fett_leia_and_royal_guard_01.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

852086 Star Wars Magnet Set: Anakin Skywalker, Darth Maul And Naboo Fighter Pilot (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

anakin_skywalker_darth_maul_and_naboo_fighter_pilot_01.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

852551 Star Wars Magnet Set: Anakin Skywalker, Darth Maul And Naboo Fighter Pilot (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

anakin_skywalker_darth_maul_and_naboo_fighter_pilot_02.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 74188 with brick-built solution

Incorrect/missing prints

852552 Star Wars Magnet Set: Boba Fett, Leia And Royal Guard (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

boba_fett_leia_and_royal_guard_02.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

852553 Star Wars Magnet Set: Stormtrooper, Y-wing Pilot And AT-ST Driver (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

stormtrooper_ywing_pilot_and_atst_driver_02.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

852554 Star Wars Magnet Set: Chewbacca, Darth Vader And Obi-Wan Kenobi (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

chewbacca_darth_vader_and_obiwan_kenobi_02.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

Star Wars Magnet Set: Yoda, Count Dooku And Mace Windu (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

yoda_count_dooku_and_mace_windu.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

852715 Star Wars Magnet Set: Darth Vader, Snowtrooper And Shadow Trooper (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

darth_vader_snowtrooper_and_shadow_trooper.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

Cannot connect part 6090 around minifig head and torso

852737 Star Wars 10th Anniversary Stormtrooper Magnet (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

10th_anniversary_stormtrooper.png

ERRORS:

Missing prints

852843 Star Wars Magnet Set: C3PO, Princess Leia And Admiral Ackbar (LDD 4.3.5 - Star WarsEpisodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

c3po_princess_leia_and_admiral_ackbar.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

852844 Star Wars Magnet Set: Chancellor Palpatine, Nute Gunray And Onaconda Farr (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

chancellor_palpatine_nute_gunray_and_onaconda_farr.png

ERRORS:

Replaced parts 74188 with brick-built solution and x1982 with 2526

Incorrect/missing prints

852845 Star Wars Magnet Set: Han Solo, Paploo And Scout Trooper (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

han_solo_paploo_and_scout_trooper.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

852947 Star Wars Magnet Set: Kit Fisto, Barriss Offee And Captain Jag (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

kit_fisto_barriss_offee_and_captain_jag.png

ERRORS:

Replaced parts 57901PB01 and 74188 with brick-built solutions

Incorrect/missing prints

853037 Star Wars Magnet Set: Anakin Skywalker, Senate Commando And Ahsoka (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

LXF File

anakin_skywalker_senate_commando_and_ahsoka.png

ERRORS:

Replaced parts 61195pb01 with 90462 and 74188 with brick-built solution

Incorrect/missing prints

4269242 Star Wars Magnet Set: Chewbacca, Darth Vader And Obi-Wan Kenobi (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

chewbacca_darth_vader_and_obiwan_kenobi_01.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

4269244 Star Wars Magnet Set: Yoda, Anakin And Clone Trooper With Green Markings (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars)

LXF File

yoda_anakin_and_clone_trooper_with_green_markings.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 41880 with 64804

Incorrect/missing prints

Phew! :tongue:

Edited by ADHO15

And some more magnets from some of my other Licensed Themes:

From Batman:

851689 Catwoman Minifigure Magnet Set

LXF File

magnets_robin_catwoman_joker.jpg

Replaced part 55705 with 2446

Incorrect/missing prints

852089 Mr Freeze Minifigure Magnet Set

LXF File

magnets_batman_freeze_riddler.jpg

Replaced part 55704 with x183 and bb189 with 522

Incorrect/missing prints

4493780 Batman Magnet Set

LXF File

magnets_batman_penguin_twoface.jpg

Replaced parts 55704 with x183 and, bb189 with 522 and bb197pb01 with 53982

Incorrect/missing prints

From Harry Potter:

852982 Harry Potter Magnet Set

LXF File

magnets_potter_dumbledore_granger.jpg

Replaced part x67 with x219

Incorrect/missing prints

852983 Harry Potter Magnet Set

LXF File

magnets_potter_snape_malfoy.jpg

Replaced parts 92001 with 64798 and x67 with x219

Incorrect/missing prints

From Prince Of Persia:

852942 Prince of Persia Magnet Set

LXF File

magnets_dastan_tamina_zolm.jpg

Incorrect/missing prints

I've also updated (again!) the faulty LXF file for the 4485 MINI Sebulba's Podracer and Anakin's Podracer here. Please tell me it works now! :tongue:

Edited by ADHO15

And some more magnets from some of my other Licensed Themes:

From Harry Potter:

852982 Harry Potter Magnet Set

LXF File

Replaced part x67 with x219

Incorrect/missing prints

In this magnet set, you don't have Dumbledore's head on snug. To get it on snug, remove both the head and the beard, and add the head first, then the beard.

It's obnoxious, but LDD 4.0 seems to have been programmed to have "default positions" for the head depending on whether or not there's a neck accessory. This means that neck accessories that normally fit around the base of the head piece unnecessarily force the head upwards to the neck accessory default position.

In this magnet set, you don't have Dumbledore's head on snug. To get it on snug, remove both the head and the beard, and add the head first, then the beard.

It's obnoxious, but LDD 4.0 seems to have been programmed to have "default positions" for the head depending on whether or not there's a neck accessory. This means that neck accessories that normally fit around the base of the head piece unnecessarily force the head upwards to the neck accessory default position.

Thanks for the tip, Aanchir. :classic:

I stumbled onto that little quirk one day too, and came up with the same solution. I wish the cape would work using this fix.

10197 Fire Brigade, Theme: Modular Buildings -duplicate-

Here is another attempt.

10197_fire_brigade.jpg

10197 Fire Brigade.lxf

This one is also a duplicate, but I found it a challenge to do it myself.

It has no missing parts apart from the string attaching the bell to the tower. And I had to omit one of the sticks w. holder #48729 behind the "1932".

I used the groups function in LDD. All floors are seperate groups.

Im suprised at no one havent done this yet, but here it goes.

Theme: Pirates

Year:2009

Set number: 6243

Name: Brickbeards Bounty

brickbeardsbounty.png

LXF-file

Errors: Missing some printings, and they have been replaced or left blacnk, missing sails and the flag, the mermaids tail dosent exist on LDD (IF i havent missed it), and banana is also missing (Couldnt find it), missing the bow pieces and they have been replaced by a brickbuild ones.

Captain Becker

EDIT: Fixed the LFX file

Edited by Captain Becker

10197 Fire Brigade, Theme: Modular Buildings -duplicate-

Here is another attempt.

10197 Fire Brigade.lxf

This one is also a duplicate, but I found it a challenge to do it myself.

It has no missing parts apart from the string attaching the bell to the tower. And I had to omit one of the sticks w. holder #48729 behind the "1932".

I used the groups function in LDD. All floors are seperate groups.

So close to error-free here! But there's just one: The net on the table-tennis table upstairs is colored 50 Phosphorescent White (Glow-in-the-Dark). It should be 1 White. Other than that, great job! You even got color 298 correct, which is very rare since there's no shortcut to paint things that color in LEGO Universe mode!

30055-1 Droid Fighter Theme: Star Wars, Subtheme: Mini Building Set

Droid Fighter.LXF

• All Light Bluish Gray parts should be colored 194 Medium Stone Grey, not 2 Grey (BL's Gray).
  • All Dark Bluish Gray parts should be colored 199 Dark Stone Grey, not 27 Dark Grey (BL's Dark Gray). Some of these parts are colored correctly; some are not.
  • No idea what color the 1x1 tiles are supposed to be, since this set isn't yet listed or inventoried on Bricklink's reference catalog. The color you used (43 Transparent Blue) corresponds to Bricklink's Trans-Dark Blue, if you have the set on hand to compare.

Im suprised at no one havent done this yet, but here it goes.

Theme: Pirates

Year:2009

Set number: 4243

Name: Brickbeards Bounty

LFX file

Errors: Missing some printings, and they have been replaced or left blacnk, missing sails and the flag, the mermaids tail dosent exist on LDD (IF i havent missed it), and banana is also missing (Couldnt find it), missing the bow pieces and they have been replaced by a brickbuild ones.

Captain Becker

• The set number's actually 6243. Might want to fix that before this gets indexed.
  • The torso prints for the damsel-in-distress are actually available on LDD. The easiest way to get them is to click View>New Themes>LEGO DesignByMe at the top menu. This switches to DesignByMe mode, where the print in question can be applied using the paint bucket tool or created from the minifigure parts category in the brick palette. Then click View>New Themes>LEGO Universe to switch back to LEGO Universe mode.
  • All Light Bluish Gray parts should be colored 194 Medium Stone Grey, not 208 Light Stone Grey. 208 Light Stone Grey is Bricklink's Very Light Bluish Gray, the color used for Mindstorms NXT parts among others.
  • Despite the mermaid's tail being brick-built, it should technically be one brick taller: the real set has a yellow 1x2 brick (3004) between the bracket (44728) and the tail piece so the tail can attach (since it's a minifigure legs piece, it can't attach directly to the underside of a plate like the bracket).
  • The mermaid's head should have both front printing and back printing, just like the damsel-in-distress.
  • All Pearl Gold parts should be color 297 Warm Gold, not color 127 Gold. To get Warm Gold, switch to LEGO DesignByMe mode as instructed above, create a gold goblet (6269), and then switch back to LEGO Universe mode and use the eyedropper tool to sample the color. You can then paint all your other gold parts that color. For Chrome Gold parts, 127 Gold is technically still incorrect (127 Gold is actually Bricklink's Pearl Light Gold), but it's a perfectly good placeholder since Chrome Gold isn't available on LDD, and in fact it's the placeholder I recommend so that you don't get chrome gold parts mixed up with the more common pearl gold parts.
  • The cannons should actually be 148 Metallic Dark Grey rather than Gun Metallic. Both colors are labeled as Pearl Dark Grey on Bricklink (along with several other colors), but there's actually a difference between them (Bricklink is terrible with the labeling of metallic-colored parts of any kind).
  • Some (but not all) of the parts you have in 194 Medium Stone Grey (Light Bluish Grey) ought to be 199 Dark Stone Grey (Dark Bluish Grey) instead. It's always a good idea to have a the Bricklink inventory for a set open while you're building it, since the instructions can be misleading.
  • According to Bricklink, the set should only have three jewels (30153): one in 41 Transparent Red, one in 48 Transparent Green, and one in 40 Transparent (BL's Trans-Clear). There should be no jewels in 43 Transparent Blue (BL's Trans-Dark Blue), 113 Transparent Medium Reddish-Violet (BL's Trans-Dark Pink), or 44 Transparent Yellow.
  • Also, the 1x3 curved slopes (50950) near the bow should be in 154 Dark Red, with 1x2 tooth plates (49668) in 141 Earth Green attached to them
  • A lot of the 1x1 tiles in this set are colored incorrectly, in that their top surface is a separate color from their bottom surface (if you select one of these, you'll see they have two colors listed). This needs to be fixed. Generally, to avoid problems like this, instead of clicking on them with the paint bucket tool to color them I instead switch the paint bucket tool to the color I want to paint the parts, select them with any version of the selection tool, and then click the paint bucket tool icon to color them completely in one mouse click.
  • The banana is in fact available: it's part 33085. Type that into the search box to find it quickly (typing "banana" into the search box without quotes works just as well in this case, although that obviously doesn't work with all bricks since sometimes their names aren't as intuitive as the Bricklink names).

Overall, great job building this set despite the lack of some of the most important parts (the bow and stern)! You made several color errors, but everyone tends to make those early on unless they have a color name conversion chart in front of them the whole time they're building. Using a conversion chart is often a good idea, but the best way to master the LEGO color naming system is to practice until you have the most often-encountered official color names committed to memory.

Well, as i said, i made this in very late and i finished it at 2:25 AM, so you can tell at i was pretty tired. Anyways, i try to fix those things best as possible.

Thanks for checking. (Although at you made quite an list of my errors :laugh: )

Captain Becker

EDIT: How in the world did you even noticed those 1x1 tile colour errors? I didnt even noticed them when i did the set.

EDIT2: Fixed the LFX file, is it now better Aanchir? There might be still some colour errors in the grey parts. But i did what i could. Just let me know what parts needs to be re.coloured yet and i do it again.

Edited by Captain Becker

Aanchir

View PostGear_tooth, on 04 March 2011 - 03:04 PM, said:

30055-1 Droid Fighter Theme: Star Wars, Subtheme: Mini Building Set

Droid Fighter.LXF

* All Light Bluish Gray parts should be colored 194 Medium Stone Grey, not 2 Grey (BL's Gray).

* All Dark Bluish Gray parts should be colored 199 Dark Stone Grey, not 27 Dark Grey (BL's Dark Gray). Some of these parts are colored correctly; some are not.

* No idea what color the 1x1 tiles are supposed to be, since this set isn't yet listed or inventoried on Bricklink's reference catalog. The color you used (43 Transparent Blue) corresponds to Bricklink's Trans-Dark Blue, if you have the set on hand to compare.

Are you sure about some of the Light Bluish Grey parts because the instructions found on Brickset show the differences in Grey colors.

Here are the instructions I went from. Instructions

So close to error-free here! But there's just one: The net on the table-tennis table upstairs is colored 50 Phosphorescent White (Glow-in-the-Dark). It should be 1 White. Other than that, great job! You even got color 298 correct, which is very rare since there's no shortcut to paint things that color in LEGO Universe mode!

Oops, how did that happen? I updated the file. The table tennis net is now white.

And thank you for your comments and kind words.