Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Starwind

What do you think of the HMCS Starwind

So after much revision and what not here is the rvamped pictures of the starwind minus the rigging sails and wheel.

Oh and before anyone says it yes the sails are different heights.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/toyotawo...starwindbow.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/toyotawo...starwindaft.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/toyotawo.../starwind3d.jpg

noe the question is do the railings look better like this?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/toyotawo...tarwindside.jpg

or better in yellow?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/toyotawo...indyellrail.jpg

The railings look better in yellow.

This is one fantastic looking ship already.

Can't wait to see it finished!

Yup, add me to the pro-yellow group.

The ship is shaping up nicely. How long do you suppose it'll be until the real-world counterpart is finished?

Well see here's the thing the desgin changed again on the ship but only in the sense that i added another gun to the lower deck which i will have illustrated soon but having said that the answer to your real world counter part question is very soon:

I have ordered the bow, stern, mid sections, masts, rigging and some other pieces do i am thinking of doing a MOC of a dry dock and put the ship in there and show the progression of the ship in stages as i buy the parts and then finally i will christen her and set her out to sea. What do you guys think?

Well see here's the thing the desgin changed again on the ship but only in the sense that i added another gun to the lower deck which i will have illustrated soon but having said that the answer to your real world counter part question is very soon:

I have ordered the bow, stern, mid sections, masts, rigging and some other pieces do i am thinking of doing a MOC of a dry dock and put the ship in there and show the progression of the ship in stages as i buy the parts and then finally i will christen her and set her out to sea. What do you guys think?

Sounds awesome! Don't forget to add the minifigs doing construction work during the photo shoot. ;-) Will this dock be anything major or just a backdrop sort of deal?

Sounds awesome! Don't forget to add the minifigs doing construction work during the photo shoot. ;-) Will this dock be anything major or just a backdrop sort of deal?

doh! you stole my next MOC! lol i have one in my budding little imperial town i am working on.... I love the idea, can't wait to see your dry dock! its something you do not see often!

I'm not sure how extensive the dry dock will be cause my thoughts are that when we all think about a dry dock we think of modern ones wheer in hte olden days im not really sure what they looked like.

Lol i would add minifigs for sure if i had any to spare but i cant afford the blasted minifigs off of BL and thats the only place i can find imperial or the guys in blue.

oh yeah check out this recent modification and youll see what you'd be starring down if you pissed off the starwind.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/toyotawo...s/broadside.jpg

But also beware there is something coming over the rise that will answer alot of questions people had about the starwind.

Dry docks were mostly frames, like if you were building a wood house today, but they would have the U shape in them to hold the ship, and then they would push the frames over and into the water to launch the hull, or if you had money they would use either a crane or some other kind of pully system.

my thoughts were back then they would use basically logs or something to that effect and roll the ship into the water but maybe im thinking smaller dry docks and the Starwind would definately need a big dry dock.

my thoughts were back then they would use basically logs or something to that effect and roll the ship into the water but maybe im thinking smaller dry docks and the Starwind would definately need a big dry dock.

the Starwind probably would have full drydock facilities, and not built on log rollers, but smaller crafts were sometimes rolled out on logs, but most sat in frames first.

The hull has finally arrived and the masts mateys i would show some pics but the camera is in a boz somewhere soon i will have the dry dock built to show ya and then it will be time to restore some order to the high seas.

The hull has finally arrived and the masts mateys i would show some pics but the camera is in a boz somewhere soon i will have the dry dock built to show ya and then it will be time to restore some order to the high seas.

Yay! Maybe i should pull out a couple of my american ships to go harass your canadian fishing grounds... give something for the Starwind to shoot at! ;)

As long as you like your ships looking like swis cheese cause i got the hul moc'd up beside the SES and BSB and it could take on both ships without even using its second deck of guns should be interesting.

As long as you like your ships looking like swis cheese cause i got the hul moc'd up beside the SES and BSB and it could take on both ships without even using its second deck of guns should be interesting.

Well i do have one ship in my american fleet that is aweful looking but has 40 guns... maybe a combo! hehehe no, i am pretty usre the starwind rules the seas.... for now lol.

For now ya but did i tell you about the 90 gun Andromeda thats on the blueprints right now? if i can scrape together the coin for that one well you'll see actually i'll post a pic of the recent progress.

For now ya but did i tell you about the 90 gun Andromeda thats on the blueprints right now? if i can scrape together the coin for that one well you'll see actually i'll post a pic of the recent progress.

your ships have thrown me a loop for the pirate game that we are trying to put together here... i was close to having a combat system down... but if someone came up with one of these or worse the andromeda.... it throws my whole scale off... well back to the drawing board.

Ah thats what i do i thrwo things off

Actually in all actuallity the Starwind is more likely than anything but the Andromeda is a rareity even in the real world there's only one 5 masted tall ship.

Ah thats what i do i thrwo things off

Actually in all actuallity the Starwind is more likely than anything but the Andromeda is a rareity even in the real world there's only one 5 masted tall ship.

I was just saying that your ships are much bigger then what we were looking at for the fighting system thats all... i will figure something out so that such a ship can take part...

Also... what is the ship on your sig? It looks alot like the HMS St. Lawrence, and thats a canadian ship so wondering if that was it?

HMS Victory someone made my sig for me but now that you have mentioned the st lawrence my designing mind goes spinning for ideas.

i guess i was comparing it to the ship in the background, didn't look big enough for the Victory... but now that i look closer that stern is massive.... i would like to one day go see the Victory, that would be sweet.