Peppermint_M

Post about Cartoons and Anime you like

Yes, it's quite a good show. It's not as good as Spectacular Spiderman or The Avengers (which is awesome by the way) but the animation and character development are pretty outstanding, especially by today's standards. I don't like the emo Superboy though. He barely seems to have any superpowers (compared to his "father" anyway) and his antisocial attitude really annoys me. Kid Flash could be better too in my opinion, but maybe that's just me.

Shoot, yesterday I was thinking about Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes, and I was like, why didn't I mention this too? Yeah, I really like Avengers, but Spectacular Spider-man was lacking IMO, the character designs were awful, and I don't like the whole, spider-man in high-school, I preferred the older one when he was in college as it was more plausible. But, to continue, I think Superboy's emo-esque quality is fitting, he has a dead-beat dad, and he isn't used to all these emotions, so he doesn't know how to deal, and I'm glad they just didn't give him all of Superman's powers, cause IMO superman is a total rip-off, he's just way to powerful, so I'm happy with that, I like where the story is going, and how their not afraid to keep introducing new and different DC universe characters, whereas with Teen Titans for example, it was like the same 10 villains over and over again. It's just my opinion though, but Avengers and Young Justice are my favourite cartoons right now, screw CW. And I love the intro to Avengers! So Hardcore!

I'm glad they just didn't give him all of Superman's powers, cause IMO superman is a total rip-off, he's just way to powerful, so I'm happy with that

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't want that either as I'm not a big fan of overly powerful heroes such as Supes (unless the villains are equally powerful, like in the Avengers or the original CW). I just feel like he's being kicked around a little too much for who he is, but I don't really want him to outshine the others either.

And yes, The Avengers intro is easily one of the best of all time. I usually skip intros, but I just can't get enough of that song! I really wish they'd release the full version for download.

By the way, the Avengers website is pretty cool too. You can make your own ID card, and they have an Avengers version of Angry Birds! :thumbup:

"Avengers, assemble!" :sweet:

I've just watched a cartoon that's new to the UK called "Bob's Burgers". I believe it's by the same people as the criminally overlooked Home Movies and from what I've seen so far, it looks like it's shaping up to be a great show.

Yes, it's quite a good show. It's not as good as Spectacular Spiderman or The Avengers (which is awesome by the way) but the animation and character development are pretty outstanding, especially by today's standards. I don't like the emo Superboy though. He barely seems to have any superpowers (compared to his "father" anyway) and his antisocial attitude really annoys me. Kid Flash could be better too in my opinion, but maybe that's just me.

Funny you should mention Superboy, because I personally feel he's the most developed character on the show thus far. I'm perfectly fine with "emo" characters as long as they're handled well, and with Greg Weisman at the helm, it's no suprise he's not annoying like he could have been. However, I agree that I prefer Avengers: EMH, even if Young Justice is technically better in certain areas. The character development and interactions on the former show are what has sold me from the begining, and Young Justice still has a bit of catching up to do in that area IMO.

Shoot, yesterday I was thinking about Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes, and I was like, why didn't I mention this too? Yeah, I really like Avengers, but Spectacular Spider-man was lacking IMO, the character designs were awful, and I don't like the whole, spider-man in high-school, I preferred the older one when he was in college as it was more plausible

Dude, you know, the character designs were simplistic for a reason. Spectacular Spiderman still has the most fluid animation of any show in the last decade - and heck, probably ever. The action sequences they did over the course of just 26 episodes top just those in all previous TV incarnations of his character, and the character development and plotting are so fantastic that I don't understand why you're complaining. :sceptic:

I've just watched a cartoon that's new to the UK called "Bob's Burgers". I believe it's by the same people as the criminally overlooked Home Movies and from what I've seen so far, it looks like it's shaping up to be a great show.

I haven't seen Bob's Burgers yet, but it does look alright. And yes, Home Movies is kinda overlooked. I had a hard time understanding the humor of it at first and steered away from it for a while, but after a couple of episodes, I quite liked it.

Spectacular Spiderman still has the most fluid animation of any show in the last decade - and heck, probably ever.

Now, let's not exaggerate - we all know Avatar: The Last Airbender had the best animation of the last decade or ever! :wink:

One other new cartoon I like is God, The Devil, and Bob. The premise is that God is disappointed in the world and wants to destroy it, but he gives it one last chance by choosing a random person (Bob) to show him it's worth saving, but Bob isn't exactly prophet material. The humor of it is quite charming and it appeals non-Christians as well. :thumbup:

By the way, does anyone know when we'll get new episodes of the Avengers?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Dude, you know, the character designs were simplistic for a reason. Spectacular Spiderman still has the most fluid animation of any show in the last decade - and heck, probably ever. The action sequences they did over the course of just 26 episodes top just those in all previous TV incarnations of his character, and the character development and plotting are so fantastic that I don't understand why you're complaining. :sceptic:

No I did not know the reason, but I would assume it was to keep the animation fluid like you go on to say. I'd rather have it look more visually appealing then to just have rhino bash his head into the wall with a little more fluidness. And pardon me if I didn't want to listen to anymore of these high school blues that are taking over the airwaves, it seems that all these shows in high school touch on these areas that have just been over-done to the point where I can't even take it seriously anymore :hmpf_bad: . I apologize if I am bashing your show, but I didn't like it, and you need to be able to respect my opinion. And don't call me dude :tongue: .

Now, let's not exaggerate - we all know Avatar: The Last Airbender had the best animation of the last decade or ever! :wink:

Oh yeah, now that show was good! But I'm not gonna waste my time listing all the things I loved about avatar, its to extensive. But I will tell you the one thing I didn't like

1. The movie

That is all :laugh: .

Whew, I have been on a bit of a Monster Rancher marathon. Used to watch it when I was small and such.

Anyone else know it?

One of my local librbaries has a decent anime selection, so I've been browsing.

Dragonball Z: If you accept it for the limitations that it was made a couple of decades ago it's quite interesting. Plus it's hand drawn

Steam Detective: Skip it. It's only interesting feature is how they manage to get by will less animation (covering up a character's mouth as they speak as an example

Trigun: One problem I have with a lot of anime is that when I find one I really like, it is either canceled or has a bad ending...not this one. If you like anime put this on your must see list.

Bamboo Blade: Excellent....I've only watched about 4 episodes but I love this. Don't skip the end credits or you will miss some hilarous "Next Episode" teasers

Lately I've been entertaining myself with the series "Neon genesis evangelion" I've watched the whole series and the movie "End of Eva" and so far I really like it, sure it's disturbing, depressing, and has some morbid plot twists but that just makes the show even better! :laugh:

i really like family guy i just cant stop laughting at it. i couldnt find a thread for this here so i started one disscus your favorate episode favorate character or whatever. edit: i acadently put dissision insted of disscusion.

Edited by phil skycrawler

And please don't forget to...

press-shift-key-to-disable-autorun.png

:wink:

EDIT: Say guy, just how old are you?

Edited by fallenangel309

i really like family guy i just cant stop laughting at it. i couldnt find a thread for this here so i started one disscus your favorate episode favorate character or whatever. edit: i acadently put dissision insted of disscusion.

Right, we don't need a thread about every single cartoon or TV show on a forum about LEGO.

And please improve your spelling and use proper punctuation and capitalization.

Sorry guys i'll be more prepared next time. ok now who else loves family guy?

I do, but sadly since the digital switchover my local fox station has been giving worse and worse reception.

On another note, I've started watching Pumpkin Scissors and Full Metal Alchemist on DVD, and I would recommend them both. I can't stop feeling that they both occur in the same world though.

Has anyone else been watching the new Thundercats?

I just watched the latest episode and it was simply amazing!

I liked the Petalars. They reminded me of something out of a Miyazaki film.

And it was so friggin' awesome when Panthro came to save the day just at the end.

Can't wait for Episode 5!

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

I'm generally not a very cartoony person, but I do have 2 that I really, really like.

1. The classic Transformers series from the 80's. :wub:

2. Batman: The Animated series. :wub:

I know there's already a topic about Transformers, so I won't discuss that one here.

Is there a more suitable topic for talking about Batman?

Has anyone else been watching the new Thundercats? I just watched the latest episode and it was simply amazing!

Indeed I have! And I agree, it seems like a great show! The quality of animation and the epicness of it are almost on par with The Last Airbender! The writing is good too, although a bit cheesy at times. The plots have been pretty predictable until now, but perhaps it will get better.

And I agree, the art style is quite remisent of Miyazaki's, especially that of the Petalars.

I have been watching a lot of cartoons lately. Most of them are old shows that I never got into as a kid. One show that I liked in particular was Gargoyles! What a great show! It has the same feel as Batman: The animated series, and not just because of its bat-winged nocturnal protagonists. It deals with a lot of adult themes, going as far as to introduce a KKK-like faction! I'm really shocked that Disney approved to make a show like this, but I'm very glad they did! Unfortunately the show ended after only two seasons, leaving several loose ends, but it was great while it lasted.

I have also been catching up on all the old Marvel cartoons, including The Incredible Hulk, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, and X-Men. Hulk started out pretty good, but became really cheesy toward the end. I found She Hulk to be rather annoying. The Fantastic Four: World Greatest Heroes was a decent show, but the plots were more than cliche. Silver Surfer was very cheesy and boring. I liked Wolverine and the X-Men, and now I'm halfway through X-Men: Evolution, which is not as good, but still watchable in my opinion. I'm not sure if I want to see X-Men and Iron Man: TAS. Both of them have a very corny feel to them.

Transformers Prime is a good show too, but I wont get into that as there is a Transformers thread for that.

And the new episodes of Futurama are great! :laugh:

Regular show is pretty funny too. Like the commercials say, "it's anything but." :grin:

Gargoyles was indeed awesome, how about that finale!

I used to watch it whenever it was on in those bygone days... A few other favorites of mine were Monster Ranchers and Shinzo.

Regular Show seems pretty good, a fact which surprises me. Cartoon Network has been steadily declining over the past decade, but it appears to have at least a few watchable shows. Any body else watch Adventure Time?

I've been watching quite a bit of anime lately, consisting of Bleach, the new anime on adult swim called Durarara- it has really good writing and draws you in after an episode or two. I've also been watching FMA Brotherhood on Adult Swim, which I find to be much better than the original FMA series, since it draws more from the manga. And I have also been rewatching the classic Gundam UC series.

And then of course there's the American animation I watch. Most I find to be pretty bad nowadays, with the only good ones being Family Guy, South Park, and Futurama.

And the new episodes of Futurama are great! :laugh:

The new episodes (as in, the one's starting with 'Rebirth') have only just starting airing in the UK, I've been waiting for them for almost a year. :classic:

I always preferred Futurama over the Simpsons, there hasn't been an episode I haven't liked.

Of course, now that Comedy Central owns it ('owns' isn't the right word, but you'll get my point), they can get away with, um... edgier stuff. I have some younger cousins staying over, and I don't think it's suitable for them any more. :look:

The new episodes (as in, the one's starting with 'Rebirth') have only just starting airing in the UK, I've been waiting for them for almost a year. :classic:

I always preferred Futurama over the Simpsons, there hasn't been an episode I haven't liked.

Of course, now that Comedy Central owns it ('owns' isn't the right word, but you'll get my point), they can get away with, um... edgier stuff. I have some younger cousins staying over, and I don't think it's suitable for them any more. :look:

It's like it has become a scifi version of Family Guy.

Any body else watch Adventure Time?

Ugh, no. I think that show is lame, even with John DiMaggio as one of the main characters.

I don't think it has gotten any edgier. But if you ask me, Futurama was never really something for kids, mostly because of Bender. Bender Should Not Be Allowed on TV, remember? :laugh:

It's like it has become a scifi version of Family Guy.

That is NOT true! Futurama would never stoop as low as Family Guy! :angry: