Sign in to follow this  
siseon

Modded 8129 AT-AT

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Mike from Virginia, U.S. I've been a member here for a number of weeks now but this is my first post! :classic:

I would like to share with you my modified Lego 8129 AT-AT. I purchased this set back in November and I have been messing around and adding to it since then. From what I have read on this forum, there has been some criticism in regards to the set's accuracy and differences to the original Lego 4483 AT-AT. Although I do not own the 4483, the internet has served as a great resource for seeing it's build and details – and I used some of it's details to incorporate it into my AT-AT. It is still a work in progress but I'm waiting on some new parts before I revisit it again.

I am also working on a "Larry Lars T-47". I hope to post that up soon.

Thanks for visiting!

Well here goes: :cry_happy:

5431448394_1b7b4ab2bf_b.jpg

5431448948_22646f258f_b.jpg

5430839743_6302bfcec2_b.jpg

Nice work. This is a big improvement over the set in terms of greebling and non-gappiness. The one thing I notice is that the two fore and aft top armor plates taper upward to sit flush against the middle top plate. If you look at this screenshot, you can see that that middle plate should rise noticeably above the two other plates.

Welcome to EB, and I hope you'll continue to improve with this model. :classic:

Nice work. This is a big improvement over the set in terms of greebling and non-gappiness. The one thing I notice is that the two fore and aft top armor plates taper upward to sit flush against the middle top plate. If you look at this screenshot, you can see that that middle plate should rise noticeably above the two other plates.

Welcome to EB, and I hope you'll continue to improve with this model. :classic:

Thanks for the feedback Brickdoctor. It's funny you mention that transition point between the middle plate and the fore and aft plates – I was hell bent on reducing them from the original lego design because I thought the transition was too abrupt. I guess i went too far. :laugh:

I'll tinker with that transition a bit more.

The walls of the troop section are too thick; there should be a noticeable hollow in the neck area. I think the neck could be longer as well; it looks too short in all of your pictures. You could actually cut down on greebling on the top - it's cleaner there.

The central segment of the troop section has some noticeable differences in size and angulature compared to the two neighboring segments; I think you could emphasize that more.

Very neat modifications you did on the 8129 AT-AT siseon! I agree you pretty much fixed the gappiness issue of the original model. As far as improvements would go, I'll just leave that to our SW accuracy experts here, I'm sure you'll get plenty of constructive criticisms from them. So far, you've already done well, looking forward for further improvements on this one, and also to your Lars T-47. Welcome to EB BTW! :classic: